Different

By writersblock333

It's no surprise that Nasha Sparks was different from everyone else. She grew up being told she was unique an... More

Different
Chapter 1, Abandoned
Chapter 2, Stranger Danger
Chapter 3, New Friends part 1
Chapter 4, Rio
Chapter 5, New Friends part 2
Chapter 6, I'm not naming this chapter + authors note
Chapter 7, Caesar
Chapter 8, I'm too tired to name this chapter....
Chapter 9, Revelations
Chapter 10
Chapter 11, Daddy Dearest
It's not over yet!

Joey

32 0 0
By writersblock333

I'm back! And i plan on staying for a while! After a crazy hectic year, school is finally almost over! (27 more hours of torture) I decided to stop procrastinating and just write this.

So I just realized, and I feel super awful for spacing out, but -Horan made me three fantastic covers and I never gave you any credit. This chapter is dedicated to you! I love them so much and will use all of them! The one that's up right now is one of them, my personal favorite.

Also, I know you all have probably noticed how freakishly perfect Nasha has been made out to be. I have come to realize that when everything is good, life has a habit of happening. Life just happens, it always does. Whether it be a family member dying or a friend having a baby, something has to shake up the ordinary. As this book continues, you'll understand that nothing can be perfect for long. She won't always be invincible and immortal, it will change.

Just a heads up.

~~~*~~~*~~~*~~~*~~~*~~~*~~~*~~~

This was it.

I clutched the piece of paper in my hand and checked to make sure I was at the right address. Cautiously I sniffed the air.

Nothing unusual.

My ears perked up and I listened carefully to the eight steady heartbeats in the house. Three of them were weak, so I assumed they were the unborn triplets. Reaching out I scanned the house with my mind. The triplets and three others were in the kitchen while two other were in the..

Wait, what's wrong with me?!

Why am I so worried! It's not like anything bad's gonna happen, I'm just psyching myself out.

Breathing in deeply I tryed to calm my nerves. I sucked in a shaky breath and walked up to the door. After knocking twice, the door swung inward to reveal an impossibly adorable little girl. Her slightly wind blown naturally straight light brown hair framed her syrup covered face. She had deep chocolate brown eyes full of joy and innocence, along with the biggest, most excited smile you could possibly imagine.

She let out a small shriek and jumped into my arms, catching me off gaurd momentarily. I caught her and she giggled, her tiny, imaculately white fangs portruding from her mouth.

At that moment, a very intimidating man appeared in the threshold, holding a very pregnant woman at his side protectively. The little girl beamed at them.

"She's here she's here she's here!" she squealed, squeezing me with all her might. She was surprisingly strong. The woman chuckled quietly and tried to step out of who I assumed was her husband's embrace. He hissed and displayed his fangs warningly, pulling her back to his side.

The girl shrunk into my arms at his show of dominance, burying her head in my hair and whimpered faintly.

The woman's head snapped up.

"Kalai!" she exclaimed, forcefully shoving the man away so she could retrieve her frighted child.

"Are you okay?" she asked worriedly and softly took her out of my arms. The two parents comforted her and convinced her that her father wasn't going to hurt anyone while I stood aqwardly in the entryway. After a few minutes Kalai was back to her previous vivacious state and she scurried off to play.

I cleared my throat and smiled apoligetically.

"Oh, where are my manners? Come in, come in!" the woman said, bringing me into her home.

"I'm so sorry, I'm just, a little scatter brained today. I'm Dana and this is my beloved, Ryan. Don't mind him, he's been a litttle moody since I told him I was pregnant and has gone into complete overprotective father mode. Can I get you anything? You must be famished! I'll go grab some-" I cut her off.

"I'm fine, thank you." I smiled at her ranting.

"Are you sure? We have plenty of-" I cut her off again by raising my hand.

"I'm good." She looked unsure but thankfully dropped the subject.

"I'm not really sure how this goes, but I assume Garrett has told you about me?" they nodded, "Awesome. Well I know next to nothing about you. Would you mind telling me a bit a about yourselves?" I asked, trying to sound professional.

They told me about their family and their belifs and I explained why I wanted to get adopted. This went on for a while, until I heard yelling from upstairs.

Dana and ryan heard it too and began to stand. I pushed them down again with my telekenesis, flashing my eyes a dominant purple and standing myself.

"You two talk, I'll take care of it." They nodded and in the blink of an eye I was standing in a theatre room. There were two vampires arguing, one I instantly recognised as Dana and Ryan's son. Anthony I believe. The other was a lesser vampire, obviously not is this family. Anthony's demon (It's like a werewolf's wolf, but for vampires) was growing angry, and I didn't want to risk a fight, so I went to comfort it.

stepping in between the two, I placed my hands on his shoulders. His demon immediatly recocnised me as his superior and submitted. The girl on the other hand, looked shocked.

"Anthony? What's happening? Is she the girl replacing me? I'm your mate, we were supposed so be together!" She spat and turned to me. "You will regret this, i can make your life miserable. You don't deserve him." Anthony hissed lowly at her and grabbed her wrist as she moved to shove me out of the way. His demon had now surfaced, fighting to get out. Through the internal struggle, his hand squeezed her wrist until the girl's cry of pain brought him out of his trance.

"It's broken." I stated calmly and went to help her. She hissed and moved away from me, tears streaming down her face.

"Let me help you" I whisper.

Her demon realized who I was and submitted. She was already starting to heal.

She looked at me fearfully, she had just disrespected her superior. I smiled warmly and held her wrist, healing it. She seemed surprised and glanced up at Anthony, looking heartbroken when she saw him staring at me in awe. I made my decision and in an instant, I transported us to the immortal realm and onto my balcony. Turning away, I set to work. Switching rapidly between multiple forms, I cast a spell on the railing. I looked at her again and smiled. She was once again staring at me with fear.

"What did you do?"

"You'll see. Come here." I sighed. She stood up hesitantly and walked the distance to the balcony, never taking her eyes off her shoes. She snuck a glance at my face and I motioned for her to look at the view. Her breath caught in her throat.

"It's beautiful!" She breathed in amazement.

You could see the sun setting in the background, lighting the sky in a variety of oranges, pinks, yellows, purples, and blues. Fairies and fireflies flitted among the foliage, making the ground below sparkle. The sun sank steadily on the horizon and the Phoenix sang their goodnights. As it grew darker, intricate constellations lit up the firmament, giving off angel like light.

"What's your name?" I asked.

"Hannah," she replied absentmindedly. A comfortable silence engulfed us.

"Why are you being so nice to me?" Hannah blurted out. I gave her a questioning look.

"I mean, I just threatened you and you take me to your wonderful home. I should be dead for disrespecting you." She said, bowing her head.

"Hannah, what you said, you didn't mean. But, you really aren't his mate, even though you want to be." She hung her head.

"You're his mate, aren't you?" She asked, looking defeated. I stared at her.

"Of course not! His parents might be adopting me. I'm hoping to become his sister!"

She looked between my eyes, that had faded to a calming lavender, looking for truth.

"Oh, I am so sorry! I thought you we going to take him from me! When he went all overprotective of you, I mean, he's never been like that with me. I guess he wanted to protect his new sister. " She said and went back to looking at the stars.

I cleared my throat, "Well, now that that's out of the way, aren't you the least bit curious as to why I brought you here?" Hannah smiled slightly.

"I guess a little." She admits.

"I know you think you are in love with Anthony, but this has to stop. One day you'll find your beloved, and trust me, he will not like the idea of you with anyone else, especially in love with another man." She looked a little guilty, but quickly covered it up with determination.

"It will work, we're mates! He just doesn't know it yet." She claims with her head held high.

I stared at her for a while, but decided to continue.

"You wanted to know why I brought you here?" She nodded. I grab her hand and bring it to my mouth, extending my fangs. I put my finger to her lips and nod. We pierce each others skin and let a drop off blood fall to the railing. The wound heals immediatly after. The blood spreads and grows, and soon the railing is completely red. The liquid starts to vibrate, sending ripples along the restless surface. In a flash, the blood disappears, leaving it the smooth golden color it was originally. Hannah turns towards me expectantly.

"Where do you see yourself in 10 years? " I ask seriously. She looks confused for a moment but closes her eyes to imagine. As she did, I willed her hands to touch the railing. Our view instantly changed. Instead of the starry sky, we weer looking into a small room. I willed her to watch and her eyes opened to take in the scene before her.

There was a child standing in the corner, crying softly. Hannah and Anthony were screaming at each other again. Both were completely drunk, and as the child tried to leave the room, Anthony hit him and Hannah started to scream profanities at him. Somewhere in the house and infant began crying. Hannah swore and kicked the boy in the stomach, angry that there was more noise. The scene instantly disappeared and Hannah had stepped away from the edge of the balcony. One hand was covering her mouth and the other was attempting to calm her racing heart. Silent tears streamed down her face.

"I, that's not... No. We were gong to be one happy family, not, that. She whispers in a horrified voice as more tears raining down.

"That's what's going to happen if you choose him over your mate, Hannah. You don't love Anthony..." She cuts me off with a growl. I give her a look and flash warning yellow eyes and she stops. I continue.

"You love the idea of him and honestly, who wouldn't? A big, strong man that can protect and care for you, who will love you unconditionally. A guy that is loyal and will never give up. Just remember that your mate, beloved, or whatever you want to call him, will be all that and more. He'll be a thousand times better than you can imagine. " I smile, thinking of Rio, "Now think of what your life would be like if you let Anthony go and found your real mate." She nods and places her hand back on the railing. It shimmers before showing the new scene, telling me that the image had improved since last time. I smiled.

You see, I had made a window to the future. Giving blood is a big vampire tradition that forms a bond that let's you decide when you want to see. The window comes into focus and, wanting to give Hannah her privacy, I change into my fairy form so I can sneak away unnoticed. I sat on a cloud and when I decided she had seen enough, transported her to a spare room. I cast a spell to make her fall asleep and went back to the theater. Anthony blinked, confused at what had happened. I explained through mind link, too tired to even open my mouth. I went back to the dining room, knowing Dana and ryan were there. They were sitting at the table drinking dark glasses of blood. They must be ready to go to bed. Vampires have to drink once or twice a day, but most drink it in the evening, and only in the morning if the need or want to.

Just another vampire thing.

Speaking of which, I haven't feed yet...

Dana cut off my thoughts as she poured herself another glass. She was for times as thirsty because of her pregnancy.

"Dana, Ryan, thank you so much for your hospitality, but I need to go now . I haven't fed yet and I think it will help me. When I come back, I'll give you Rio's phone number, but I really need blood. Now. I'll be back soon." I smiled, my fangs itching to come out. Dana gave me a curious look.

"Who's Rio?"She glanced at Ryan.

"My mate," I answer simply. The two of them stare at each other with their eyes glazed over. I took that as an opertunity to leave.

I ran through the forest in vampire form . I found it funny how different I look in each of my forms.

In vampire, II have long blonde hair that whips across my face as I run . I have flawlessly tanned skin and a 'perfect' face. My body is sculpted amazingly, anyone would be jealous. These looks are helpful for luring in my pretty so I can have a nice dinner.

I slowed down as I left the forest, picking my ears up to listen. I let my eyes change to a hypnotising blue as I found my destination. I started walking down a quiet street, going at a moderate speed.

After a little while I heard footsteps behind me.

Perfect.

I pretended to be scared and walked faster. The footsteps sped up with me. Turning into an alley way, I waited for my dinner to follow. I sniffed the air and noticed something familiar about his scent, but shook it off.

Suddenly the man was in front of me.

"Hello my little vampire. " he said digging his head into my neck and breathing in my scent. His voice took me off guard.

I stepped back.

He looked confused for a second but he covered it up with a cocky smirk. He was a bit older than me, but his face, his posture, his scent, everything was just so... familiar...

"Joey? " I questioned. He looked shocked.

"How did you know my name?"

///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\

Man, that took forever! I'm using my phone, but I really hoped you guys liked it. More chapters to come!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

606K 24.6K 46
*SAMPLE ONLY! FIRST 5 CHAPTERS AVAILABLE!* *This is the third and final book of my supernatural series. It is NOT complete on here, but you CAN find...
105K 1.3K 12
Only the first 10 chapters are open.. NOW ON AMAZON! PLEASE BE SURE TO CHECK IT OUT AND SHOW ME SOME LOVE! COULDN'T HAVE DONE IT WITHOUT EACH AND EVE...
148K 4.5K 28
Everyone in town knows about the sea monster. Every night, he goes into town to find his prey. He lures them in with his voice, only to bring them b...
140K 3.7K 32
"𝗜𝘁'𝘀 𝗵𝗮𝗿𝗱 𝘁𝗼 𝗳𝗼𝗿𝗴𝗲𝘁 𝗺𝘆 𝗽𝗮𝘀𝘁 𝘄𝗵𝗲𝗻 𝗶𝘁'𝘀 𝘄𝗿𝗶𝘁𝘁𝗲𝗻 𝗮𝗹𝗹 𝗼𝘃𝗲𝗿 𝗺𝘆 𝗴𝗼𝗱𝗱𝗮𝗺𝗻 𝗯𝗼𝗱𝘆." ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Up...