[LISAxIU] I'm In Charge

By skyaeacus

"What the fuck Manoban! Look!", Seulgi shouted eyes bulging out in shock while looking at her wristwatch. "We... More

Chapter 2: Unfriendly
Chapter 3: Sunbaenim
Chapter 4: Assignment
Chapter 5: The Hotel
Chapter 6: Poison
Chapter 7: Dear Name
Chapter 8: Eomoni
Chapter 9: Photograph
Chapter 10: Thief
Chapter 11: Khight
Chapter 12: Arcade
Chapter 13: Professional
Chapter 14: Phone
Chapter 15: Back up
Chapter 16: Starting
Chapter 17: Different
Chapter 18: Gyeongsang
Chapter 19: Crazy
Chapter 20: Persistent
Chapter 21: Unable
Chapter 22: Closer
Chapter 23: Diary
Chapter 24: Toys
Chapter 25: Champagne
Chapter 26: Alone
Chapter 27: Insane [M]
Chapter 28: Closet
Chapter 29: Visitor
Chapter 30: Witness
Chapter 31: Zombie
Chapter 32: Flowers
Chapter 33: Cabinet
Chapter 34: Insatiable [M]
Chapter 35: Hear
Chapter 36: Classified
Chapter 37: Inseparable[M]
Chapter 38: Rooftop
Chapter 39: Chase
Chapter 40: Tired
Chapter 41: Moon
Chapter 42: Cupcakes
Chapter 43: Night [M]
Chapter 44: Advice
Chapter 45: Invitation
Chapter 46: Gangster
Chapter 47: Familiar
Chapter 48: Disgust
Chapter 49: Mistake

Chapter 1: First Day

17.5K 392 137
By skyaeacus

I hid myself at the darkest corner of this abandoned place, heart hammering loud in anxiety and distress. I can't afford to get seen. Not right now.

I held on my gun tight as I swallowed a lump. Waiting for the right moment, waiting for them to pass by.

I've heard voices, coming on my way.

Like what I've expected.

"This way! I saw her run this way!", One of them hissed. Loud enough for me to be alerted, my eyes narrowed in anticipation. As I focused on those footsteps, getting near.

Until I could hear it loud knowing they're so close.

I pulled the trigger of my gun in preparation the moment I knew they're just a few steps away from where I'm hiding. I was about to come out and take them down as quickly as possible.

When I was about to step out a hand grab my arm behind. And pulled me by surprise.

Holding me pinned on the wall. Her face warned me not to make a noise, and keep my head hidden.

The group of four men that I'm waiting patiently was now ahead of us as they didn't stop from running along the deserted street, they didn't notice our presence and until they're out of sight.

"Aish..", I hissed in frustration.

"Sunbaenim? Let's get out of here. What are you doing? This is not the right time to be tailing a group of men, when you know you're outnumbered.", The tall girl with a dark brown shade of hair; define jaws; doe eyes and those plump lips spoken in a whisper, while she let go of my body. What on earth is Lisa doing here?

I sucked in a long breath, as I gave her a glare.

"Why are you here!?, you're not supposed to be here!?", I groan at her. Jaw clenching in anger. Out of all the time she chooses to puff out at this moment.

"Shss. Stop being stubborn, please not now. We have to leave.", she answered while furrowing her brows on me.

My eyes flinched with guilt, but I can't just leave now, this is my chance to know who these men are and find out what really happened back then.

I was going to reply to her when we heard another footstep coming our way. Our eyes met in panic.

They're going back here. Those men.

Lisa immediately grabbed my wrist and hastily drag me away from the place. I couldn't argue this time because we're about to get ourselves killed if we stay there any longer.

So we run as fast as we can.

My mind was hazed. I couldn't think straight as I let Lisa tug me with her as we escape the place.

My teeth gritted in disappointment.

It was my chance, I recognized that guy, his eyes, and the same number of men he's with. I know it was them who I saw at my father's funeral.

They must be involved with my father's death. Because if not why would they be there?

I need to know who are them, and what's their connection to appa? I need all these questions answered, but how?

How am I supposed to get them?

---------

1 month before.

Tuesday morning, October 2019

A girl yawned. Stretching her arms up, as she slowly leaned her back slouching on her seat.

Eyes were baggy for not having any sleep for the whole night.

"Argh..ow, I want to sleep." She mumbled as she held on her nape, tilting it slowly on the side before snapping her neck. Smiling as she felt a relief from hearing a soft crack sound from doing it.

"Aigoo..aigoo.." She continued to muffled while doing it again on the other side.

After her short stretching session to get awake. She took a deep breath and stared at the clock hanging on the white plain-looking wall of their office.

"Oh, it's already 8, they will here any minute now.", the girl muttered, and right then a man wearing a black leather jacket, on his 50s with a mustache, beard and almost all white hair holding a cup of coffee entered.

The petite girl, saw and almost jump from her seat in surprise.

"Ms. Lee! What on earth? You didn't go home yesterday?!", The man stingy loud voice echoed on her ear. That had her lips smiling forcibly.

"Good morning inspector Choi.", The girl greeted him attentively, faking a smile as she bows to him in a perfect angle. Showing her respect for her boss.

"I just had to finish some paper works. And be on my way, I have to go to the headquarter to check some surveillance for our investigation and-"

"Go home and have a rest.", The man interrupted her while giving her a pitiful look.

"But sir, this is important and I have already informed-"

"No buts Ms.Lee! That's an order. I get that you have a reputation to keep among your colleagues, but you're overworking yourself. And I'm not here and going to wait for you to pass out because of exhaustion!", The man argued that took the petite girl off guard.

Until one after another filled the place, and taken their respective table. A young man in his 20s approached the inspector.

"Chief! It's early and you're already shouting, come on give jieunshi some slack.", the young one said as he wrapped his arm on their boss.

The girl kept her silence, as she sighed. Accepting her defeat on this matter. Especially it is already their higher up that's ordering her to go home.

"That's what I'm already giving her!", Their chief almost shouted as he pointed on the girl in front of them.

The young man quickly get off his hand from his fuming boss, and now finally understand what's going on before he arrives.

"She didn't go home last night and didn't get any sleep, so I'm giving her time to slack. But she's so stubborn and still want to go out and work outside at that rate! aish!" Their chief added as he dropped his cup of coffee on his table and grabbed his nape massaging it and feeling his blood boiling at the sight of one of his officers. Working her ass to death, which is not permissible.

"Fine, I'm going home!", the girl yelled that caught everyone's attention. Their chief inspector's eyes almost bulged in shock as he heard the outrage of the tiny girl.

"D-did she?-", The chief look at the young man beside him asking the latter.

"Yelled?", The man with his mouth agape looking at the girl who's fixing her things on her table, and ignoring their chief amazes him.

He quickly shook his head.

"Uhm no, sir that's her normal pitch. How about we go outside and finish this coffee of yours while Ms. Lee is about to leave?", The young man said as he patted the old man's shoulder and grab the coffee of his boss with him as he walks towards the door. Leaving their chief in a daze, looking back and forth from the young man and to Ms. Lee, not knowing who to yell at.

"Yah! That's my coffee Mr. Yeo! Give it back!", the old man shouted as he ran chasing the young man and leaving their office and the girl who's murmuring to herself with displeased.

------

The girl still sulking pulled her sling bag to her shoulder. While walking out of their office station. When the young man from earlier happily met her halfway. Wearing a wide smile on his face.

"I asked the chief for an early break, and of course he let his favorite go. So let me drive you to your place.", The young man said still flashing his famous smile at the girl.

"Jin-goo, I'm fine. I can go to my place myself you don't have to do that for me.", the girl answered quickly. Giving the latter a weak smile.

"I knew you would say that. But you know I still wanna try my luck." Jin-goo said as he shrugs.

"Ok, I have to go home now. Before I even think about going to my supposed assignment today.", the girl replied and started walking away from the man.

Jin-goo heaved a sigh, as he watches the girl walked passed him.

"Jieunshi!", he blurted out, which made the girl stopped. And turned her head looking back at the young man's direction.

"Keep safe! And don't forget to charge your phone before you sleep! I will call!", the man said out loud that took the attention of the people around them passing by, and now looking at them. This made the girl quite embarrassed covering her face and her other hand shooing him away.

Then she quickly turned around and run hastily, escaping the eyes of those passers-by heading out of their building's premises.

-------

And on the other side.

"Ok, ok, I get it Seulgs.", A girl talking at the phone while munching her food said. Her sister and her best friend giving her a bewildered look.

"I know, I'll pick you up. We'll get there in time. Of course I'm nervous, this is our first day for goodness sake!", She exclaimed, while some of the rice is firing out of her mouth that earned her a disgusting look from both girls in front of her.

After putting her phone down, she looks at both the girl with confusion.

"What?", She asked obviously.

"Nothing, just go finish your food up if you're rushing but please no phone calls, you're wasting foods.", her best friend said while picking up the grains from their table and putting it all on the empty plates beside her.

"I know you're gonna get late. I can feel it.", her sister said while giving her a sly smile.

The tall girl huffed as she jerks up from her seat. Dropping her spoon, and bottoming out the glass of water beside her.

"Wanna bet eonni? 20k won! I won't be late!", the tall girl replied at her sister with a smug face.

Her best friend rolled her eyes as she heard the two starting to bicker again in front of her. Making her lose her appetite, so she stood up and picked up her empty plates putting it on the sink and ignoring the two.

"Deal! Make it 30k won!", the older girl answered back with more eagerness. As she slammed her palm on the table and leaving her seat.

The tall girl's eyes widened in shock, mouth agape. "Oh-oh, you're really testing me eonni?! Huh! Fine make it 40k won!", the tall girl huffed as she crosses her arms feeling really competitive.

This is when her best friend butted in. Going towards the tall girl and pulling the latter's ears that surprises both siblings. The small girl ignored her best friend's whine and continued to drag the tall one going to the main door.

"You'll end up losing all your money if you won't stop. Go look at the time.", the petite girl with feline eyes mumbled on her ear. That made the tall girl flushed, and end up drowning on her best friend's voice. The small girl let go of her ear, but she remained stoic after that.

"Lisa!", the small girl yelled that snapped her out of her trance.

The tall girl gulped and shook her head in response.

"Ow! Yeah, the time! Yes I-I know, how about you nini? Aren't you g-going to, to ride with me?", Lisa asked, stumbling with her own words. That made her best friend chuckled.

"Oh, that's a good idea Jenduekie! Why don't you ride her car today? And let her bring you to your work! Hahaha", The girl at their back shouted from the kitchen.

Jennie shook her head and ignored the girl from the kitchen who's busy washing their dishes.

"You know Jisoo is only saying that so you'll end up losing your bet. Look at the time it's almost 7:30, you're also gonna pick up Seulgi right? And besides someone's going to pick me up here. And-"

"No don't continue, I get it. Your boyfriend, of course, how did I ever forget about that.", Lisa hissed as she interrupted her best friend, she placed her hands on her ear covering it childishly. Which made the girl in front of her laughing at her acts.

Lisa froze when she saw the girl having a good laugh, and at some point, she forgot that she's irritated with the latter.

And why is she irritated in the first place? It's because her best friend got a boyfriend while she's on military training. And she only found out about it on the day of her graduation.

Talk about surprises, it was the most shocking news she never wants to hear for a reason. A reason she's been keeping for as long as she remembers.

"You really don't like him, do you? come on you're my best friend at least be happy for me?", Jennie mumbled. While tugging her friend's sleeve which snapped the latter out of her thoughts.

Lisa smiled weakly, as she ruffles her best friend's hair gently. Before facing her back on the girl and reaching for the doorknob.

Jennie pouted not getting any answer from the tall girl.

"I'll go now. Guess I also won't be picking you up from work am I right? Ah nevermind. Just be safe as always. Bye.", Lisa said giving her best friend a forehead kiss before leaving their house.

After Lisa left the door, Jisoo walked and stopped beside the girl who's been their friend ever since grade school. And whose parents are close friends of their parents too.

"I still don't get it why your sister doesn't like the idea of me having a boyfriend? I mean I was expecting her to be happy for me because finally, the guy I like is now my boyfriend? And she?..she's my best friend eonni where's my Lili when I need her!?", Jennie mumbled with a whine while watching her best friend drive off from the place.

"Ask google maybe she knows?", Jisoo answered as she joined the latter on watching the car disappear from their sight.

"She?", Jennie asked with narrowed eyes. Turning her head to the girl beside her with confusion.

"What? She's a girl y'know, goo-gurl. Sorry, I'm not sorry." The girl replied with a shrug, giving Jennie a smug look. Acting all swagger.

"Oh God.", Jennie mumbled as she held her forehead looking so done.

-------

At Lisa's car.

After picking Seulgi both drive straight to their first day of work. As a police officer at the Seoul metropolitan police agency.

"Woah, it's really happening, our first day! This is the day, my friend. We're going to get missions and fight bad guys today, oh my God. I'm getting nervous.", The girl beside Lisa with a round face, chubby cheeks and define cheekbones keep mumbling to herself while Lisa, on the other hand, looks so pissed. Still thinking about what her best friend asks her to do before she left their house.

She continued to sulk while driving, but the voice coming from her side slowly getting on her nerves that she had to pull her car over and turn facing her friend.

"Seulgs! Seulgs! calm down will you?", Lisa shouted seeing her friend with closed eyes and nipping at her nails looking ridiculously nervous.

"Kang Seulgi reporting for duty sir! Yes sir!?", the girl exclaimed as she opened her eyes and posed a salute.

That had Lisa bursting in laughter after witnessing what happened. Eyes tearing up with having too much fun seeing her friend being all tense and silly.

"I'm just practicing Manoban, stop laughing at me.", Seulgi said while gritting her teeth hissing in annoyance with her friend.

Lisa eventually stopped. When she felt her friend already boring a hole on her head, glaring at her.

"What the fuck Manoban! Look!", Seulgi shouted eyes bulging out in shock while looking at her wristwatch.

"We're fucking late! Aish..", Seulgi exclaimed. And Lisa also looked at her own watch and quickly cursed under her breath seeing it's already past 8. So she immediately step on the gas and continue to drive to their destination in rush.

------

After they got to park her car in the station's car park, both girls quickly went down. And goes running towards their building entrance.

But when Lisa arrived at the corner.

Something really unexpected bumped into her. And a girl's yelp was heard all throughout the whole place right exactly when Lisa's huge physique caused her to stumble on her feet.

But to Lisa's quick reflex, she was able to catch the girl's body before it even fell on the ground. Wrapping her arms around the petite girl's back for protection.

Both girls were shocked and their eyes met unintentionally.

Both couldn't react yet to what happened.

Both have no idea what to do until they heard footsteps coming their way.

Lisa hastily pulled the girl up, helping the latter to stand on her feet while still looking dumbfounded.

Not knowing why her voice suddenly left her. Or it was because she finally get to notice how the girl in front of her looks like.

Utterly beautiful no doubt she mumbled on her thoughts, she gets to stare at the girl while the other is busy fixing her uniform.

"I-I'm sorry, a-are you alright?", Lisa almost ate her tongue again which she finds it really unusual of her. Especially to someone that's not her best friend.

The girl in front of her didn't answer. And a loud sigh came from her that Lisa didn't expect.

When the small girl finally tilt her head and looked up to her.

"Yah! You!? Aren't you supposed to see me?! Is your height that useless?!" The girl yelled at her that made her jaw fell down in surprise.

"What!?"

-----------------------------------------------------------------I just want to try something, please don't judge. I'm still a jenlisa shipper but for a reason, I want to see Lisa with someone else, nothing serious. I'll continue "This Time" if I see something on Jenlisa again. Y'all don't need to read or vote for this book, it's ok I'm just writing this for myself.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

194K 5K 30
"Jennieyah!" Hiccup. "Hey, Lisa is that you?" Jennie asked worriedly. "Hehe ne. How are you, my baby?!" Lisa asked loudly. "Nini, mianhe." Her voi...
37.9K 833 41
A boy save a little girl who is about 6 or 7 years old, because its suddenly cross the road without looking if there is some track crossing the road...
141K 767 200
In her previous life, Jennie was conspired by her family. Her baby was born through Caesarean birth, she had her eyes gouged out, and died tragically...
93.3K 2K 30
Two different lifestyles. One, a village girl (Jennie) who is the daughter of the chief. Upon the sudden earthquake, she and her best friend (Chaeyou...