My Mate, The Dragon

By Swloxie

Look at that amazing cover art by @sweettner Please check her out below! https://my.w.tt/qyi9NG3Lb5 - Sheila... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Chapter Thirty-Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty-Two
Chapter Forty-Three
Chapter Forty-Four
Chapter Forty-Five
Chapter Forty-Six
Chapter Forty-Seven
Chapter Forty-Eight
Chapter Forty-Nine
Chapter Fifty
Chapter Fifty-One
Chapter Fifty-Two
Chapter Fifty-Three
Chapter Fifty-Four
Chapter Fifty-Five
Chapter Fifty-Six
Chapter Fifty-Seven
Chapter Fifty-Eight
Chapter Fifty-Nine
Chapter Sixty
Chapter Sixty-One
Chapter Sixty-Two
Chapter Sixty-Three
Chapter Sixty-Four
Chapter Sixty-Five
Chapter Sixty-Six
Chapter Sixty-Seven
Chapter Sixty-Eight
Chapter Sixty-Nine
Chapter Seventy
EPILOGUE (1)
SEQUEL(?)
EPULOGUE (2)

Chapter Forty-One

52.5K 1.9K 221
By Swloxie

November 9th, 2019

Sheila

Previously on MMTD:

    "Good Morning, I am Queen Sheila of the Dragon Kingdom."

    "Many of you have come to discover that this world is not kind nor good all of the times." I splayed out one hand, chin raised. "Though one must understand that without evil there will be no recognition of good."

    I looked from one side of the army to the other, "as I look out to you all, I see the good in the world. The good that will fight against the evil to protect your world, your kingdoms, and your families, from the wrath of Kolgrim."

    "As all has heard, Kolgrim spares none in his trail of destruction," I swallowed, I should have prepared this speech in advance. Curse my mate for not warning me. "Which sets fear of the unknown into the hearts of all, who will be next, when will it be, who will be there to protect us?" I smiled, opening my arms out to them.

    "I'm looking at the answer to all those dreaded thoughts that your families have been wondering. Who will be next, they wonder, nobody due to you and your brothers and sisters in arms beside you. When will it be? Never again, for we have power, so much power that there will be no room for evil when we are through with it."

    "There is evil in this world, yes. Though you are the single greatest force that will bring evil to its knees." I rested my hands at my side, bowed my head respectfully to them all, and stepped in line.

    It was silent at first. It made me break out in a cold sweat. Then it started.

    First is was my army, the Dragon Kingdom section that erupted in cheers, blessing my name in their chants. Then it was the elves, followed by the rest, and then finally, the werewolves, cheered for me.

    I fiddled with my hands behind me, did I really deserve this? Did all rulers revive this praise when they do their first address?

    Azai has to settle the crowd once more and continue with his speech. The generals stepped back two steps to where they joined the rest of the kings. I haven't been able to look at my mate, I hope I hadn't done anything wrong, said anything weird.

    My anxieties that I had slowly broken down over the months were slowly forming up again. Then I felt a hand on my lower back, I glanced up turning my head subtly, he had a smile on his face, his bright eyes looking into the crowd.

    Your words brought tears to my eyes, He joked, his laugh filling my head, I elbowed him hard.

     Stop, I'm worried about what I've said. Was I too weird? My shoulders slumped slightly.

    I don't think that the entire army would have cheered if it was too weird. I have never received that sort of treatment in my life. He looked down at me, his smile still plastered on his face, you said it better than anyone on this stage could have. I'm proud of you.

    He was proud of me. Butterflies flew in my stomach, I knew that it was only four words, but that was coming from my mate, I felt so relived. I knew I had done something right.

    I stared into the crowd with a smile on my face for the rest of the speech.

   It was finally over, we walked up to our personal office that had been assigned to us when we had arrived weeks ago. I kicked off my heels and slumped up my armor, I let out a groan as I slumped into the couch to the side of the desk. "I thought my spine was going to snap in two, due to all that standing with my shoulder squared."

    He chucked sitting in the leather seat at the desk, he picked up a piece of paper and a pen and started scribbling away. "Stop being so productive," I groaned laying flat on the coutch.

    "The faster I'm done with this, the faster I can join you on the battlefront." I just shook my head and sighed, normally the roles are reversed, though I was completely drained from all the stress that address had brought.

    "I'm going to take a nap," I laid on my front, placing the pillow from the couch under my chin.

     "You deserve it."

     I know.

     He just chuckled quietly allowing me to take a short rest.

    What feels to be a while later I heard the sound of quiet whispers in the room. I slowly woke up, training my ears to listen in.

    "I will stay with you sire," oh, Selven must have just arrived.

    Zaivinth sighed, "alright, I'm just worried about her."

    "I understand, though she is a shadow wolf, she has not only proven she can protect herself and the people around her, but she has proven herself as a necessity on the battlefield." Selven spoke, his words of kindness made me blush. I'm not sure I deserved all that praise.

    "I know, I know," another sigh from Zaivinth. "Is it selfish to say I just want to enjoy a week with my mate in peace."

    "In these times, yes." Selven was so blunt, no wonder they call him the Obsidian Chancellor.

    "I'm sorry I said those things to you before. I wasn't acting like myself."

    "You don't have to apologize, your majesty," Selven said pulling out a chair that made a squeak. What in the world did I mate do? I love him to death but nobody hurts my Selven.

    I sat up and leaned over the couch, "what did you do?" I questioned my mate who snapped his eyes over to me. "Oh, and it's good to see you again Selven," I smiled over to my friend.

    "How much have you heard?" He rested his have on the palm of his hand, giving me a side glance.

    "Just the tail end. What have I missed," I motioned his with my hand to keep it moving.

    "I have made a mistake I'm now apologizing for it," he looked over to Selven and nodded, which Selven did return. It's not for me to pry into.

    "Oh Selven, now that you are here, what do you think about me leaving tomorrow morning. We are trying to catch Kolgrim in the werewolf kingdom on Field Knoxem for the first battle."

    Selven thought for a bit, "it would be smart." He agreed, nodding. I looked to my mate who was grimacing.

    We can still communicate when I'm there.

    But I'll miss you.

    The faster I'm there, the faster I'm done.

    He scoffed and stood, "I'm leaving you Selven to spend the rest of the day with my mate. Thank you, and I apologize again."

    "Never mind that, I will see you off tomorrow, Queen Sheila."

    "It would be an honor." We opened and closed the door behind us.

    "Should we eat dinner now?" I smiled up at my mate, grabbing his hand.

    "That would be a waste of time," he chuckled as he scooped me up. He kissed me on the lips, "let's start making up for missed time." I giggled as we started walking to our room.

    Though I couldn't sooth the fear in my stomach, I had a feeling something was going to go wrong. Very, very, wrong.

Yawwwwwn no sleep clan unite!!

What could go wrong?

Do you think Vince will make it to the first battle in time?

How will she act as her first time of general?

COMMENT AND VOTE PWEASE

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

31.1K 2.5K 51
Elise is a werewolf living in an isolated town in the Canadian wilderness. Prompted by fear for those she loves, she sneaks out to an ongoing battle...
536K 16.1K 23
On the morning of her 21st birthday, Neera awakens to find her mate brand marks her as the Destined One for none other than the Alpha of her pack. Sh...
151K 8.9K 34
• Completed • • Highest Ranking • #6 Werewolf February 2022 • Awards • 1st Place Paranormal Category: Splendiferous Awards May 2021 • Summary • ...
497K 13.3K 42
The fate of a not so human king and a definitely human girl became entangled in a single meeting. A teenage girl from the 21st century somehow ended...