Habits

By jynxyouowemeyoursoul

Nellie Lovett has always been in love with Benjamin Barker. Though when he returned to Fleet Street after th... More

Silent Demons
Justice
Regrets
Deadly Love
Questions
Really Living
Return
Truth
News
No More Hiding
Mistakes
The Cry Of Demons
Giving Up
The Plan
A Life Together My Pet
Blackpool
Monster
Does It Ever Get Better?
Not While I'm Around
Free From Fear
Reunited With The Past
Promises
Moving Backwards
Haunted
Dangerous Secrets
Leaving It All Behind
Living Life Apart
Changes
Return
Disappearance
Beautiful
The Sea

Secrets That Can't Be Told

309 11 6
By jynxyouowemeyoursoul

A/N: This was a great chapter to write.  Its really sad, just a quick warning but Im really happy with how it turned out.  Anyway, enjoy!

Sweeney lunged forward grabbing his brothers shirt and dragging him onto the ground.  He was helpless as Sweeney clasped his hand to Cornelius' throat.  His brother tried to shove Sweeney off but failed as he lost his breath quickly.

"Sweeney stop!" Nellie screamed.

Todd looked up and released his brothers throat.  Cornelius gulped in air as he began to regain his breath.  He stood next to Sweeney who stared at Nellie angrily.

"Get out of here," Nellie hissed coldly.

"No Nell, he's a bastard, I won't let him touch you."

"I said get out of here Sweeney."

"And I said no, he's using you Nellie!" Sweeney began to raise his voice.

"No Sweeney, that's what you did, you used me.  Cornelius told me everything, everything you did to that poor girl Angelica." Nellie yelled back.

"What did you tell her?" Sweeney growled, turning to look at his brother.

"The truth," Cornelius smirked.

——————————————————

Eight days.  Eight days Sweeney had to suffer through.  Eight days Sweeney had to suffer through seeing Cornelius make his way to Nellie's room every night.  Eight days he put up with it.

Nellie had been sleeping with Cornelius, unknowing he was just trying to piss off Sweeney.  It was the morning of the ninth day and Sweeney sat in the kitchen, a bottle of gin in his hand.  He wasn't drunk yet which was why he growled as Cornelius passed him, his hair a mess from the... events from the night before.

"Oh hey Sweeney, you seem tired, did we keep you up last night?"

Sweeney just grunted.  Cornelius grinned and sat next to his brother trying to calm his hair down.  That was it.  He stood up making his way down the hall to Nellie's room.  As he walked in she turned, she had just finished putting on a dress and had started tying the back.

"I'm not here to yell, I just need to talk. So please try to listen." Sweeney sighed, sitting down at the foot of her bed, "I don't know what Cornelius told you about Angelica but I can tell you the truth, whether or not you believe me.  Cornelius was always jealous of me and when I started dating Angelica he took her from me.  Set me up to argue with her so he could win her over.  He used her to piss me off.  And when I left for London he left her.  I don't want him to trick you like he tricked Angelica.  I love you Nellie, more than I've loved anyone in my life.  I know what he's doing with you right now seems real, but once he finds out that I'm hurting it'll all end.  I know that's hard to hear but you need to hear it."

Nellie sat next to him holding back tears.

"I'm sorry Sweeney, I thought I could trust him," she cried softly.

Sweeney wrapped his arms around her and she sobbed into his shoulder.

"Shhh..." He whispered, holding her tightly.

She looked up into his eyes.  He lifted his hand and wiped her cheek, drying her tears.  It was then she kissed him.  A soft kiss at first but it slowly gained heat.  He fell backwards, lying down on the bed while she climbed above him.  He broke the kiss quickly.

"Are you sure your okay with this?"

She nodded, leaning down again to kiss him.  He felt her hands run down his chest and begin unbuttoning his shirt.  He helped her take it off before asking again.

"Are you sure?"

"Yes," she whispered.

He nodded and untied the back of her dress before pulling it off exposing her corset.  Sweeney parted his lips slightly allowing Nellie's tongue to enter his mouth.  Still kissing, he flipped them over so he was on top of her.  He loved her, that was true and he hoped Nellie believed him.  He slowly began kissing her jaw moving down her neck, drawing a soft moan from her lips.  It was her moan that turned him on.  He began sucking at her neck roughly... hungrily.  He worked on removing her corset, which came off with ease, while she pulled his belt from around his trousers.

Sweeney's lust started to build looking at her half naked body.  He kicked off his shoes and pulled off his trousers.  But before this happened he had to ask one more time.

"Nell, are you positive you want to do this? I don't want to take advan----"

He was answered by her grabbing his neck and pulling him down to kiss her.  That was his confirmation.  This was happening.

——————————————————

Cornelius glared at Nellie as if offended by finding her sleeping next to Sweeney.

"You were complaining about Sweeney cheating and yet here you are. Cheating."

Nellie rolled her eyes, "This 'as been happenin' for eight god damn days! And it was just us sleepin' together we never agreed on this bein' a relationship!" She scoffed, annoyed.

"I figured it was going well but you cheated on me with the man who cheated on you!"

"Well you can't use that as defense because you lied to me, and used me!"

Cornelius wrinkled his eyebrows, pretending to be confused.

"Oh don't try to hide it ya bastard!" Nellie hissed, "its no use tryin' to argue."

Cornelius snarled, "Fine, love my brother, I'm just warning you, he's a bastard and it won't end well."

——————————————————

Sweeney walked back into the room as Cornelius stormed past him.  Nellie stood in the mirror.  As he approached her she turned, jumping slightly when she saw him.

"Oh! 'Ello love," she said, calming down.

"Did he do anything to you?" Sweeney asked protectively.

She school her head and he sighed in relief, glad she was okay.  Nellie started to walk away when she felt Sweeney grab her wrist.

"Nell," he started, slightly panicked, "I have a question."

He fiddled with the ring he was holding in his left hand, Nellie didn't notice.

"Okay,"

"I know we've been fighting a lot.  And  its only been two weeks since I made that mistake but I really love you Nell.  And I figured I had one way to prove it..." He got down on one knee and heard Nellie gasp in surprise, "So what do you say? Will you marry me?"

"Yes," she breathed.

Sweeney stood again and she threw her arms around his neck.  He hugged her back.  They were both happy.  She backed up and he grabbed her hand, placing the ring on her finger.  Was this really happening?  Did she really just say yes?

——————————————————

Cornelius turned away from his brother as Sweeney entered the room.

"Why? Why do you want me to hurt so much? Why the hell is it so important to you?"

Cornelius scoffed, "Because after you left, everything went downhill.  It was you leaving that led to mom and dad splitting up.  You leaving that led to dad drinking.  You leaving that left me all my fucking scars. Dad would get drunk and lash out at me, that's the reason Angelica left me, it wasn't because I hurt her.  But I guess you never cared because you never came back."

Sweeney sat still, processing this information.  He didn't know this, so his brother wasn't being a bastard because he was jealous, it was because he was hurting.

He reached out and placed his hand on Cornelius' shoulder, "I'm sorry, I never thought about how leaving would affect everyone..."

"Well maybe you should've," Cornelius choked out.

——————————————————

Cornelius was alone, besides Nellie.  He was bored, there was nothing to do.  Johanna and Collin had taken Toby to the lake and Sweeney was out at the tavern with their father.  Of course Cornelius knew what he wanted to do.  He wanted to do what he always had when he was alone with Nellie.  He stood up and made his way to her room.  This was going to be interesting.

He opened the door to see her in just her corset and bloomers.

Warning!!! This scene contains rape!  If you don't want to read skip to when you see this text again!

Perfect, he thought as he approached her.

She was obviously scared as he strode towards her.  He grabbed her wrist and threw her onto the bed.  She yelled out only for him to cover her mouth as he climbed above her.

"No one can hear you, your alone." He taunted feeling her struggle underneath him.

He cut off her fearful whimper with a rough kiss.  Tears streamed down her face but he didn't care.  He ripped off her corset and stared at her body.  Kissing her again he forced his tongue into her mouth ignoring her sobs.  He sat on her legs so she couldn't fight him and pulled off his shirt.

"C-Cornelius please..." She whimpered.

"Please what?" He whispered in her ear, "Use your words love."

"D-don't hurt me."

"Oh love, you were begging for something else a few days ago."

He kissed her again, pulling off his trousers and placing himself between her legs before almost ripping of her bloomers and forcing himself inside her.

——————————————————

Alright back to normal, its still sad but the worst is over.

Cornelius buttoned his shirt leaving Nellie sobbing in the bed.  She felt dirty, used, alone.  Just before he left the room he turned.

"You tell anyone about this and your dead,"

It was then the door closed and Nellie laid alone in the dark.  She cried softly before stopping.  The door slowly creaked open.  Soft footsteps approached her.  She stiffened feeling arms wrap around her waist.

"Hey love, you alright?"

It was Sweeney, she calmed down, turning and hugging him tightly.

"Just a nightmare,"

Sweeney held her close to him and kissed her forehead and she buried her face in his chest.  He stroked gee hair and kissed the top of her head lightly.

"I'm here now, go back to sleep Nell," he whispered, his warm breath was comforting.

If only he knew the truth.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.3K 133 32
When his world crumbles down, Sweeney Todd is given a second chance. Will he be able to escape his destiny?
12.6K 556 21
All she wanted was to be loved and wanted by someone, After 21 years of a hate filled life she looks for a quick fix and an easy way out. But quick f...
1.2K 49 21
Here are some Sweenett one shots after Sweeney and Mrs. Lovett runaway from Fleet Street to live in the sea side. I'm not sure how far this will go...
77.6K 2.4K 20
She watched him become somebody she grew to fear. The man helped her escape from prison, and yet imprisoned her next to him. ❝A thrilling story that...