Community

By Ezra_Ann_

Levi Weaver is 17 years old and is Mennonite; living with his parents, his eleven brothers and sisters and tw... More

Introductions
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 4
Epilogue

Chapter 3

202 18 2
By Ezra_Ann_

Three days later I'm able to leave the hospital tomorrow morning and I'm excited to leave; not that I'm not enjoying the time I've been spending with Axel because I am. We're talking about how we would like our future to be.

"How many kids do you want?" I ask him as I fiddle with the hem of my hospital gown.

"Honestly, I'd like four or five but I'd be happy with how many I am blessed with. How many do you want?"

Ducking my head with worry that I'll scare him off with my answer; "I'd be happy if I was blessed with ten or twelve children."

His eyes bug slightly at my answer and I'm positive he's regretting being my boyfriend now; I am serious when I said I wanted a big family of my own.

"I think I can handle that since I'm not planning on ever leaving; besides, the more babies I have with you, the more for me to spoil - them and you."

Raising an eyebrow at him; "Spoil, um, not happening; spoiling is out of the question."

"We'll discuss this at a later date, love," Axel states with a smirk.

Fondly shaking my head at him with a small smile and a slight eye roll at him; "No, we won't since it's not going to happen."

"Sure, love," he smirks; as the doctor enters the room with a male nurse.

"Hello Dr. Munroe, Nurse Alex," I greet them both with a small smile and a wave.

"Hello Levi and Axel; how are you both today?" Dr. Munroe asks with a soft smile.

"Better than I have been and I'm ready to go home," I respond with a sigh.

Axel smirks at my answer as do Dr. Munroe and Nurse Alex; as they run through the exam before the doctor explains everything to me; "Alright Mr. Weaver, you're on the right track to be discharged tomorrow morning as long as the exam then is good, too."

Breathing out a long sigh of relief, saying; "Thank you, Dr. Munroe."

"You're welcome and I'll be back later to check on you again in a couple of hours," he says before they leave.

"Are you hungry?" Axel asks once the doctor and nurse have left the room; as I play with his long, thin fingers.

"Yes," I murmur; feeling hungry for food but also to feel his plump lips against mine.

"What's the matter, Levi?" his soft voice caresses my ears as his fingers gently lifts my chin; so we can meet eye to eye.

"I would very much like to be kissed by you," I murmur; my entire face lights up in a light pink color.

He smirks as he stands to bend over me, cupping my cheeks with his warms, strong hands; bringing my face toward his only to stop inches from mine with a teasing smirk. Deciding to take the inisitive, I move my face forward, tilting my head to the head slightly as I connect our lips. Axel chuckles through our kiss, wrapping his hand around the backside of my neck as he holds me in place to deepen the kiss. Several minutes later he pulls away, the both of us breathing hard.

"You have the best lips; these are so plump and inviting; so be prepared to be kissed as much as possible," he murmurs against my lips; before pecking my lips.

"That sounds wonderful but not around my family or others in my community; it's not acceptable unless we're married and even then we need to keep it to a minimal.

"I can accept and respect that, love," he assures with a bright, toothy grin.

Axel leans forward to kiss me lightly, causing me to smile through the kiss; which is only broken by the rumbling of my stomach and Axel chuckles pulls away to peck my nose.

"What would you like for dinner; I can pick something up from the cafeteria or from a restaurant?"

"Um, honestly if you don't mind, I'd like to try pizza?" I nervously ask since we've never had it at home.

Axel smiles softly at me; "Is there any kind you specifically like or would you like me to choose?"

Blushing lightly as I didn't think about there being too many types of pizza' "Um, can you pick, please?"

"Sure baby; is there any type of food you don't like or can't have?"

Shaking my head at him, shyly saying; "No but I'm not a fan of anchovies; otherwise I'm not picky or restricted."

Axle chuckles; "Good thing I don't like anchovies either; I'll call the order in and then head out to pick it up."

"Will you cuddle with me tonight, please?" I shyly ask; playing with my fingernails.

"Of course I will if that's what you'd like?" he assures; nodding at him he continues; "Then I will for sure."

"Thank you," I murmur; still feeling shy.

Axel takes his phone from his front pocket to call the pizza order in; smiling at me as he hangs up; "I'm leaving in fifteen minutes to pick our dinner up."

"Okay, will you hands me my pants please?"

Axel hands me my pants without a word but with a curious look; pulling out my wallet from the back pocket to hand him a twenty dollar bill to pay for dinner since he's drivning to fetch it.

"What's this for?" he asks taking the bill into his hand.

Pushing a brow upwards at him in question; "For the dinner; to pay for it."

Axel shakes his head at me as he places the money back into my hand; "Not happening, love; I'm paying for dinner."

Shaking my head; "Please, let me pay for dinner?"

"Nope, not happening, my love; I'm going to spoil you however I can," he grins.

Pouting at him as I know I'm not going to win this one; "Okay, thank you."

"You're welcome, baby; it's my pleasure."

Axel leaves five minutes later after many, many kisses to drive the ten minutes to the pizza parlor; arriving back at the hospital room twenty minutes later with delicious smelling food.

"Pizza smells delicious," I lowly moan as he places the box on the small table in the room near my bed.

Axel grins widely at me as he places two slices on a paper plate and hands it to me along with a napkin; "Yes it does and here you go, love."

"Thanks," I murmur as he does the same to his own plate before sitting in the chair next to the bed.

"Welcome," he responds; taking a bite of his pizza slice.

"What's this round meat?" I ask curiously; "It's good, whatever it is."

"Pepperoni and yes it is; figured this would be the best topping for your first time."

As we eat, we talk about many topics; enjoying each other's company. We've learned so much about each other over the last few days . Mama and da visited yesterday afternoon and I told them that Axel and I are dating; they were accepting but da had a few rules us and all are reasonable.

Around midnight, I find myself dozing; fighting to stay awake to talk with my amazing boyfriend and spend the last night with him.

"Baby, let go; your body needs its rest right now more than ever to heal," he says; standing to cover me with the blanket after lowering the top half of the bed for me to rest comfortably.

"Cuddle me, please?" I pout with my lower lip sticking out some and wavering.

"Of course, baby," he says as he throws away the pizza box, napkins and plates before climbing into the bed with me.

Axel lies on his side, sliding his arm underneath the pillow as he slides his arm around my waist as I cuddle into him comfortably. Breathing in his masculine scent that's mixed with his body wash; I love his smell and feel as if I could become drunk off it. Once we're both comfortable, I drift off as Axel runs his fingers up and down my side until I'm sound asleep. THe next morning when I wake, I'm still cuddled with im and doctor Munroe and a female nurse are entering the room.

Doctor Munroe smiles when he notices I'm awake; "Good morning, Levi; how are you feeling this morning?"

"I'm feeling better, thank you," I respond as Axel wakes with a loud yawn.

"I will perform one last exam and if that's well, you'll be discharged, Mr. Weaver," Doctor Munroe tells me.

Nodding as Axel climbs out of the bed; stretching as he makes his way to the bathroom as he mumbles out a 'good morning'. By the time Axel's back from the bathroom, the doctor has finished the exam and telling me; "Alright, I'll have a nurse bring your discharge papers, your paperwork; along with your pain medicine and crutches and you'll be able to leave in a wheelchair."

"Thank you, Doctor Munroe; I appreciate everything you and everyone here has done for me," I respond; holding my hand out to shake with his.

"You're welcome, Levi; now I don't want to see you again until you're ready to have the cast taken off in eight weeks," he smiles before leaving the room.

"Let's get you dressed, baby, so when the nurse comes back with everything, you can leave," Axe seriously says; holding up my trousers and button-up shirt.

Nodding at him as he helps me sit sideways on the bed after he cuts the pant leg of my trousers for me to slide my casted leg into as I slide my other leg into the pant leg; before standing me on my good foot and leaning against a hand on the bed to pull them up. Sitting back on the bed to snap my pants shut before slipping my arms into my long sleeve dark blue shirt and then buttoning it shut.

A nurse brings in everything about twenty minutes later and I'm happy yet sad at this very moment; sad that I no longer have the alone time with Axel but happy because I'll be home with my family again before too long. The male nurse helps me into the wheelchair as Axel carries the backpack sent with Axel my first day here; which holds books to keep me entertained. Arriving at the entrance, Axel quickly runs outside to pull his car around to the entrance; where he then helps Carlton help me into the front seat.

Arriving home twenty minutes later, I'm miserable as my entire meanding leg is throbbing even with Axel trying to drive carefully; bumps are painful with a broken body part. By the time I have the truck door open, Axel is already at my side as my entire family, minus papa, come from the house - all of them wearing huge smiles on their faces.

"Levi; so glad you're home!" Samuel, Rebecca and Sarah holler together; as Axel and Ezekiel help me from the truck; as Elijah holds the crutches out for me when I'm ready for them.

"Thank you," I murmur to my brothers and boyfriend for helping me.

Before I can take more than three steps from the truck, I'm engulfed in a huge family hug; and I can't help the grin and the giggle that breaks across and out of my lips.

"I've missed all of you, so very much," I choke out before we head inside; Axel included.

"Levi, sit down," ya-ya instructs as we enter the living room.

"Yes, ya-ya," I respond; sitting on the chair and placing my broken leg on the foot stool in front of me with a sigh.

Axel stays for another hour before driving his car next door to spend time with his family. Walking him to the door despite his protests, I've spent too much time on my butt the last few days already; "Thank you, Axel; for everything."

Axel smiles sweetly as he gently brushes my cheek with his finger; "Never a problem."

Blushing lightly as I realize my family is watching our interactions; reaching an arm up to wrap it around his waist to hug him as he returns the gesture carefully; "See you tomorrow?"

"Definitly," he whispers before saying goodbye to my family.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

21.6K 827 10
Liam has a bad habit of closing off his emotions. His tendency to numb has led him to quite the lonesome life, but it's not so bad. Until he meets Sp...
787K 29.6K 33
Time stretches out, the beat of my heart like a ticking clock. Spit it out. I slowly look down at his lips, making it as clear as possible. Rhys's br...
The Best of Us By a

Teen Fiction

17.2K 1.4K 35
[BXB] Seventeen year old Tucker Bailey is spiraling. Sharing a home with his cold father and a hollow shell of an older brother, Tucker struggles to...
8K 647 42
Diego Santiago was not your average teenager. He had a loving mother, a great best friend, a beautiful friend, an ex-boyfriend that gave him a traum...