Freak Shake (The Hollens Book...

By MavelineBelle

Jevan Hollen, son of the billionaire Evan Hollen, was the most popular boy in his highschool. His excellence... More

Introduction
Being The New Girl
Underneath Wings
It Starts With A Smile
Ending The Beginning
Cheer For Us Or Against Us
Get Your Lunch On
Roses Are Red
Only Fools Rush In
Crazy
You Got That Right
Sealed With A Kiss
Tell Me About It
Anger Written In Red
When The Moms Meet
History Has It
The First Argument
When The Pressure Arrives
Certainly
Let's Party
Happy Birthday Jevan
The Last Hold
Without Her
Truth
The Letter
Pop Up, Guess Who?
Night Flight To France
Lost For Words
Meeting Jason
Set The Date
What You Don't Know
What Are Friends For
Too Close For Comfort
Trouble In Paradise
A Wrath and A Secret
The Bedroom Picnic
MamaBear
Blast From The Past
Unexpectedly
All Things Lost
Force To Reckon With
Trail Of Fire
In Your Shoes
Dark to Light
Supposed To Be
Disastrous Dates
Parental Control
The Recovery
Truth and Trust
The Event
Are You Ready
What's Coming ???
From One Hundred To Zero
The Misunderstand-Ring
Confessions Of A Bitch
Additional
Dahlia
The Hunt Continues
Rocks In The Head
Crossing BorderLine
Who Knew
Chip Off The Old Block
Dare The Dream
Come Back
To Have And To Let Go
The Light At The End
Trial
Happy Ever After Does Exist

Red Flag

12.5K 883 236
By MavelineBelle

Jevan's POV

"WHERE THE HELL WERE YOU?" I yelled as Adobi walked through the front door with Jason.

They were both startled by the tone of my voice.

"I'm sorry. I didn't think you'd mind me taking Jason out for ice-cream," she apologized with doe eyes.

I sharply exhaled. "You had me worried. And I was calling you. Why weren't you picking up?"

"I forgot my phone in the bedroom."

"Daddy. Adobi got me strawberry and cherry ice-cream," my son inputted, coming over to hug me.

"I missed you."

"I missed you too, daddy."

____________________

Blossom's POV

"Hi Blossom. Have you heard the news?" my neighbor asked as I approached my apartment door.

"No. What's going on?" I asked her, turning towards her. She lived right across from me.

"The building is being sold to some new owners."

"What does that say for us?"

"Not sure as yet. We'll be noticed sometime next week."

"Okay. Thanks for letting me know."

"In the meantime, we should start looking for another place because you never know."

I agreed and entered into my quiet apartment. I missed my little bundle of joy. My fingers urged to call Jevan but I didn't want to come off as paranoid.

Lord knows I called him enough since Jason left.

________

My phone buzzed and I looked at the screen. Hunter's name flashes. I reluctantly picked up.

"Hey you."

"Hi. What's the matter? You sound depressed."

"I've got lots on my mind, honestly. And my next door neighbor just told me some news that the building is being sold."

"Damn. I'm sorry to hear so."

"Yeah. I may or may not have to look for a new place. I..."

"Blossom, why don't you and Jason come live with me?"

I was stunned and speechless. I couldn't believe my ears.

"Are you serious?" I finally asked.

"Yes I am. Think about it. If you move in with me, it would give us a chance to become even closer, and Jason would get to know me better as well. You wouldn't have to be paying a fortune for rent every month or worrying about finding a place."

"That's a really big step, Hunter."

"I know it is. But don't you care about me?"

"I do. You're a great guy."

"Then think about it. Please?"

"I will. I'll think about it."

___________

And by 'think about it', I called over my best friends and told them the news.

"Wait. He wants you to move in with him already?" Nina asked.

"Well I think it's a good idea," Sophia said.

"But what about Jevan?" Nina directed at her.

"What about him? He's engaged to another woman and he can't be bothered with Blossom. Jason is even with them right now like a happy family," Sophia snapped.

"That's true, but still, this a really big step. Blossom, what are you going to do?"

"I think I'll accept. I need to move on with my life and Hunter is sweet," I answered.

"Then it's settled," Nina said and she popped a bottle of champagne.

We poured glasses of champagne and laughed about silly things until we passed out on my floor.

The next morning, my friends left. I started cleaning up and tidying the place before Jason's arrival. It was Sunday and Jevan would be here with him soon.

~

Several hours later, a knock came to the door. I opened it and Jason ran into my arms.

"Mommy!"

"Hey sweetie. How are you doing?"

"I'm fine."

He moved past me and entered the room, leaving Jevan and I at the threshold.

"Hey. Thanks for taking such good care of him. He seems happy," I said.

"He's a good kid. You did an excellent job with him," he complimented.

"Thanks. There's something I have to talk to you about."

"What's that?"

My heart hammered in my chest as the words tried to find their way out with sense. "Hunter wants me to move in with him and I'm considering it."

He sighed heavily. "Blossom, I warned you about him. He has a dirty reputation and he...."

"Just stop it! I never once said anything bad about Adobi to you. Why can't you be happy for me and allow me to live my life?"

"Then why are you talking to me about the things you want to do?"

"Because we share a child. I'm taking Jason along with me."

"Excuse me? My son isn't going to live with Hunter!"

"Are you going to stop me? By the way, enjoy the rest of your day." I shut the door in his face afterwards.

The nerves of him!

_____________

The building was sold and the rent was being increased, but good for me, I was packing up my and Jason's stuff to move in with Hunter.

He arrived, picked us up and drove us to his mansion on the hill.

I must admit, I had never been to his home before but it was so luxurious and welcoming. It had everything you could possibly think a mansion should have.

Jason took an instant liking to the place. "Look mommy, a swimming pool!" he exclaimed as he ran around like the child he was.

Hunter led me to the master bedroom to get situated. I wrapped my arms around his torso.

"Thank you so much."

"You're welcome."

Our lips collided.

CRASHHH

Hunter and I rushed downstairs and found a scared looking Jason and a broken vase at his feet.

"I'm sorry," he said.

"Baby, it's okay," I told him and went to get a broom.

When I got back, Jason was sitting on the couch, holding his arm with tears  dripping from his eyes. Small sobs escaped his mouth and Hunter was trying to comfort him.

I cleaned up the broken vase and got Jason ready for bed.

"Mommy, can you stay with me?" he asked when I tucked him in.

"Mommy would be right across from you just like how we were back at the apartment. Okay?"

"But I don't want to be hurt again."

"Hurt? Who hurt you, Jason?"

"I can't say."

"Jason. Tell me right now!"

"He said not to."

My blood ran hot to the point where I thought steam was blowing from my ears.

He wasn't going to get away with hurting my child behind my back.

Anger running wild, the next morning and I went straight for his office. I didn't stop at his assistant's desk and I didn't bother to knock on his door.

"YOU SON OF A BITCH! How could YOU!" I yelled, throwing a stack of paper at him.

"Blossom... What the fu....."

"How could you hurt him? He's just a child. My child. And yours!"

"YOU THINK I WOULD HURT MY OWN SON? What the fuck are you even talking about?" Jevan asked.

"I put him to bed last night and he asked me to stay with him because he doesn't want to get hurt. I asked him who hurt him and he claimed he can't tell me because he told him not to!"

"You're fucking crazy if you think I'll hurt my own son. What you need to do is check that bastard you moved in with and if I find out he indeed laid one finger on my son, he's a dead man! 
Now, get out of my office!"

I slammed the door on my way out in disbelief. There was no way in hell Hunter hit my child.

Jason really was watching too many cartoons.

Now, he's making up tales and got me accusing his father. I shook my head and went to my place of employment.

__________________

A/N

Red Flag ⛳  #1

You think there's more to come?

** Remember, please Vote On This Chapter if you've enjoyed it and looking forward to the other one*

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.6K 200 24
"If you kiss me, things will change," she says quietly and flicks her eyes up from my lips to my eyes. "What's wrong with a little change?" I whisper...
841 76 30
Bella carter is the new girl. It's her senior year. She's not anti social but she's also not outspoken. Bellas unaware of the rules at her new high s...
2.4K 98 26
Gianna has a pretty decent life as a teenager in high school she has her best friends Mavis and Karan by her side she has a good grades and a okay...
48.3K 9.1K 35
One HIGH SCHOOL, Two STUDENTS One a HOT JOCK The other an AWKWARD NERD Both HATE each other UNTIL, One DAY, Everything CHANGES LOVE awakens... And...