Falling In The Black (A MHA F...

Af hopelesslyA

"Falling in the black, slipping through the cracks. Falling to the depths, can I ever go back?" I hummed as I... Mere

Character Info: Bakugo Nanami
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 18.5
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 20.5
Chapter 21

Chapter 4

91 4 0
Af hopelesslyA

The next morning, I walked to school with Izuku. We chatted lightly, but I could tell he wasn't paying attention to the conversation.

"Is everything alright, Izuku?"

"Huh? Yeah, why?" He asked, slightly confused.

"You just seem kind of out of energy, I guess."

"Oh, well, the healing process from Recovery Girl's quirk uses the patient's stamina. I'm just tired from healing overnight," Izuku replied.

When we arrived at school, we were surrounded by reporters. I saw Izuku begin to panic, and I immediately grabbed his hand before running out of the giant crowd.

"Thanks, Nanami," Izuku smiled at me.

"Anytime."

"I have to head to the nurse's office to get my injuries checked again. I'll see you in class, okay?" Izuku said.

I nodded and walked towards the classroom.

I sat down in my assigned seat and soon enough class was starting.

Mr. Aizawa walked, commenting on the battles that had happened the day before, and made an announcement.

"Now, let's get down to homeroom business. Sorry about the late notice, but today, I'll have you choose a class representative."

The class erupted with shouts of students wanting to be the class rep. I stayed quiet, not wanting to be chosen. I was too shy to talk to anyone, much less lead anyone.

"Silence, please!" Iida said, quieting the class down.

He began to talk about what it meant to be a class rep, and how they should choose it. I zoned out, not really caring.

We all ended up voting who we wanted to represent the class. Izuku ended up winning with four votes, and Yaoyorozu ended up becoming deputy class rep with 2 votes.

Then we all went to lunch.

"There are so many people here!" Uraraka exclaimed.

"Everyone in the hero course, support course, and management course eat in the same place," Iida explained.

"Izu, I don't know if I want to eat with all these people around," I muttered.

"Huh, why not?" He asked.

"You know how I get. I don't like eating with too many people around. I'll feel like they'll stare at me," I said.

"But, Nana. I want to go eat with Iida and Uraraka," Izuku whined. "Maybe you can sit somewhere else while I sit with them."

"Umm... I don't know," I said.

He was already walking away so I assumed he hadn't heard me.

I took a deep breath and grabbed my lunch before heading towards the table where Izuku was sitting. All three of them turned to look at me.

"Oh, Nanami. I thought you were going to sit somewhere else," Izuku said, almost sounding a bit bothered.

"I thought about it, and just decided to get over it. Can I sit with you all?" I said shyly.

"Of course!" Uraraka smiled

"I don't see why not," Iida said. "Now that I think about it, I don't think I've ever gotten your name."

"Oh, just call me by my first name, Nanami. Thank you for letting me sit with you."

I sat down next to Izuku and slowly began to eat. I was growing more and more comfortable as time went on. Their conversation was about the class representatives, and how Iida had a family of heroes.

Suddenly, a loud alarm began to ring.

"There's been a Level 3 security breach. All students please evacuate outdoors promptly," a female voice said over the loudspeakers.

Iida asked what the Level 3 security meant to the boy sitting next to him, and got his answer.

Someone had trespassed onto school grounds.

I sat there, slightly in shock. I didn't move until Izuku grabbed me and pulled me towards the exit.

Everyone was very quick to react and caused a panic. They were pushing each other towards the exit without really caring to see if they hurt anyone.

Iida and Izuku were quickly swept away from us, causing me to start panicking.

"Nanami, hold my hand. That way we won't get separated," Uraraka called out.

I reached out to grab her hand only to be pulled in the opposite direction of her, and shove onto the ground.

"Wait! Someone fell!" I heard someone from above me call out.

I quickly curled up into a ball and covered my head. I didn't try to get up in fear of getting hurt or hurting someone else.

Ow, shit. Ow! Can you all be a little more careful?

Iida's voice then began to echo throughout the packed hallway, causing everyone to stop and look at him.

"Everything is fine! It's just the media! There's no need to panic. We're U.A. students so let's act like it."

The tension in the hallway dissipated, and everyone took a breath of relief.

"Hey, are you okay?" I heard a somewhat familiar voice ask. I looked up to see the red-headed boy I had talked to the other day.

I nodded as he helped me up.

"Thank you," I said quietly.

"You sure you're okay? You seem kind of tense," Kirishima asked.

"Yes. I just got a bit claustrophobic when I fell," I admitted.

"Well, you're safe now so don't worry about that, okay?"

I nodded once more as we headed out into the schoolyard.

Once we returned to the classroom, Izuku nominated Iida to take his place as the class rep, which he gladly accepted.

Later that same day, Aizawa announced that Hero Basic Training would be a bit different than other days.

"Today's class will be instructed by three people: All Might and I, and one other person."

"What will we be doing today?" Someone called out.

"We'll be doing rescue training. From disasters to shipwrecks. You can choose whether or not to wear your costumes this time. There are probably costumes that limit your abilities. The training will take place off-campus so we're taking a bus. That's about it. Start getting ready," Aizawa announced.

I changed fairly quickly this time into my costume and met everyone outside. I spotted Izuku and walked up to him.

"Hey, Izuku-"

"Deku? Why are you wearing your P.E. clothes?" Uraraka interrupted me.

"My costume got ripped up during the combat training so I'm just waiting for the support company to fix it," Izuku explained to us.

"Oh, okay. I hope it gets fixed soon then."

Iida then began to blow a whistle and command everyone to enter the bus in two lines.

I didn't really find a seat next to anyone so I sat by myself behind Uraraka and Yaoyorozu.

I could hear Izuku's conversation since they were talking fairly loud. I found it slightly entertaining since Asui, the frog girl, said Katsuki would be too mad to become a popular hero.

"What the hell? You want to fight?" Katsuki yelled at her.

"We haven't known each other for long, but it's pretty amazing how everyone knows your personality is basically trash," Kaminari smirked.

"I'll kill you!"

I laughed to myself at how Katsuki began to get defensive.

Finally. He's getting a bit of his own stupid medicine.

They soon started a screaming match only to be calmed down by Aizawa, saying we had arrived.

When we got off the bus, we quickly noticed the Thirteen, a popular rescue hero.

"Let's head inside!" Thirteen said as he showed us in.

"From shipwrecks to landslides to a fire. It's a training ground that I made that has all sorts of disasters. I call it the Unforeseen Simulation Joint, or USJ for short."

Aizawa quickly had a small conversation with Thirteen before addressing us.

"Well, That can't be helped. We'll just start."

Thirteen then said a long speech about how quirks should not be used to hurt people, but instead to help people.

"All right. With that, I think we should—"

The lights above us began to flicker, and the water fountain in the middle of the building began to sputter.

A purple mist began to form there, and many dangerous-looking people walked out of it.

A portal?

"Gather together, and don't move!" Aizawa ordered. "Thirteen, protect the students!"

"What is that? Is it like the entrance exam where the exam has already started?" Kirishima, who was standing next to me, asked.

Izuku began to step forward only to stop at the sound of our teacher's voice.

"Don't move. Those are villains."

"Villains? That's not possible! There's no way they got into a hero school!" Kirishima exclaimed.

"Did they only appear here or around the whole school?" Todoroki questioned. "Either way, with the sensors not responding, that means they have someone with a Quirk that can do that. An isolated place during a time when a class is supposed to be here. They might be fools, but they're not dumb. This surprise attack was planned carefully with some sort of goal in mind."

"Thirteen, start the evacuation and try calling the school. These villains even have something that can counteract the sensors. Kaminari, try contacting the school with your quirk, too."

"What about you? Are you going to fight alone? Even if you can erase all their quirks, there's no way you can beat all of them with your style!" Izuku said.

"You can't be a hero with just one trick," Aizawa countered. "I'm leaving it to you, Thirteen."

Aizawa jumped down and began to fight the villains while we began to run for the exit.

Before we could reach the door, the purple mist villain from before appeared in front of us.

"I don't think I can let you go! We are the League of Villains. We simply invited ourselves in so we can see All Might take his last breath. I believe he should've been here. Has there been some kind of change? Well, with whatever happened, I still have my part to play."

Before Thirteen could attack, Katsuki and Kirishima jumped ahead, trying to hit the mist.

"Do you really think we'll give you the chance to do that?" Kirishima said.

Those dumbasses! You shouldn't have fucking done that!

"You are excellent golden eggs, but I still must do my job. To scatter you all and torture you to death!"

The purple mist began to spread and surrounded us all completely.

I felt myself begin to fall, and I looked down to see the fire zone. I quickly caught myself before I could hit the floor, and noticed that I was surrounded by villains.

"Oh, look here. A weak little girl. We'll beat her easily," one of them stated as they all stepped forward.

"Easy, Huh? We'll see about that," I laughed.

Of course, I was afraid, but I knew that I had the advantage. I was surrounded by fire, after all.

They lunged at me all at once, but I quickly pushed them back by making an explosion in their direction.

I covered myself in flames to make myself seem larger and scarier.

One of them threw a metal spear at me, but I reacted quickly. I grabbed the spear mid-air and melted it.

One after another, they kept trying to attack me but failed to even touch me.

I eventually just used my flames to create a cage to hold them in. I laughed and said, "Looks like you wrote a check you couldn't cash."

I heard noises coming from my right. I turned and realized I hadn't been the only one teleported to this area.

Ojiro was running away from a villain, and they were able to catch up to him, pinning him to the ground.

I rushed towards him, kicking the villain off him, and burning the villain's face in the process.

"Hey, are you all right, Ojiro?" I asked my furry tailed classmate.

"Yeah. I'm okay. Thanks," he replied while catching his breath.

"We should look for an exit before any more villains find us. If we can get out, we can help our classmates," I said.

He nodded, and we began to search for an exit but stopped when we heard a loud rumble.

"An explosion?" Ojiro asked.

"We should hurry. Our classmates could be in danger," I said.

After a few moments, we heard gunshots, and soon enough we were approached by a hero. We sighed in relief as we saw him defeat a few villains who were looking for us.

"Meet at the front gate," he ordered.

We nodded and did as we were told.

I looked around, trying to find Izuku, but he was nowhere to be seen.

Please tell me he's okay.

That's when I began to listen to the conversation around me that were about what had happened.

"17... 18... 19... 20.... That's all of you except the boy with the broken legs. All of you seem unharmed as well," the detective in front of us said.

"Hey, Ojiro. I heard you were really fired up today. You were strong by yourself, right?" Hagakure, the invisible girl, said.

"I thought everyone was by themselves, to be honest, but I wasn't alone. Nanami was in the same zone I was and helped me out when one of the villains almost got me," he said as he motioned towards me.

"Really? So cool!" Hagakure smiled, I think, at me. I was only a few feet away from her, and she began to ask questions.

I stuttered as I tried to answer them, but couldn't really talk loud enough to reply.

"Huh? You're so quiet, and shy now, but you were so confident when you were fighting the villains. What happened?" Ojiro asked.

"I, um, don't have any confidence outside the battlefield since I'm not using my quirk. My quirk gives me a sense of security, I guess," I explained shyly.

"That makes sense," Ojiro muttered.

"Let's have the students return to their classrooms for now. We're not going to be questioning them right away, right?"

Asui asked about Aizawa, to which the Detective played a sound clip of his injuries. Ashido asked about Thirteen, who had already been treated, and the Detective told us All Might be alright. Recovery Girl's treatment would be enough to heal him.

"What about Izuku?" I asked, along with Uraraka and Iida.

"Recovery Girl's treatment will also be enough," the Detective replied. "Now, back to your classroom."

Fortsæt med at læse

You'll Also Like

58.8K 1K 17
Ever since Izuku Midoriya joined U.A. High School and settled in, he knew that the League of Villains were after him and his quirk: One For All. Howe...
813 60 20
"He did it. He actually did it." Katsuki Bakugo is haunted by the suicide of his childhood friend, or rather the guilt of knowing he was the one who...
69.3K 2.7K 20
NOTE: This version of the book is currently discontinued. It's being rewritten into another book. "How do you live when so much has shattered and ev...
549K 20.7K 49
Everything was going well for the young hero in training, Izuku Midoriya. That was until, the league wanted him. The league of villains managed to...