The Billionaire's heart (The...

By shru_du

Samuel King, never been a heartthrob. He always was a guy next door. Someone who you can easily miss. Someone... More

Prologue(Updated)
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 13
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Epilogue

Chapter 8

2.2K 90 2
By shru_du

The Bonfire

I was in middle of a conference call when my phone rang. I picked up the phone. "King" "Brother, are you too busy for your baby sister?" I smile it was always good to hear her voice. "No, jus t finishing up a conference call. I can never ever be busy for you, why? Do you need me for anything?" I asked. "yes, I need a bonfire and some cosy family time. This baby is going to be here soon and I need all of my family to be here for this." She said.

Sometimes I think she is still a child even when she is going to have a child herself. "Sam? You are coming right?" She asked. "Yes, I will be there. I won't be alone though." I informed her. "I don't expect you to Sam. And I cannot wait to meet her. Ezra was telling me about your girl. I think we should welcome her to the family. And what would be a better occasion than a bonfire?"

"I think it is a good idea. I will talk to her. See you tonight ok hermana?" "All right hermano, I will see you tonight do not forget it." I told her keeping the phone down. I returned back to my conference. "Sorry gentlemen and ladies, it was family." They nodded. "So, where are we?" I asked.

I was waiting for her at my cabin in hospital. She didn't know I had bought the hospital; she just know I am running the charity. I didn't tell her. I couldn't have told her that I was her boss and she happen to date her boss. Yes, this is the fourth day, and we are still getting stronger. I love her and there is no doubt over it. I have fell for her. But I cannot tell her that not now

The door of my cabin opened. "You are here? I thought you would be a little late today." She said. I pulled her closer slowly. "I missed you hermosa, so I came because it had been harder for me to stay away from you." She smiled. "So, you have stopped a whole day of work just for me?" She asked. "Kind of. And also, I wanted to see if you will be available tonight and for tomorrow" I said. "Why so? "She asked.

"Tonight, is the bonfire, and my sister had invited me. I kind of told her that I won't be alone." "But isn't it a family thing?" She asked, "No, not a family thing, just a thing with friends and family and beside my mom would be there too. She had come down to New York because my sister is about to have a baby." She smiled. 

"And tomorrow?" She asked. "It is a Wedding of my secretary at 4:00 P.M. in evening, I am invited and I am in dire need of a date for the event." She pulled me by my collars. "Do you now Sam? And why should I be your date?" she asked. "Because I can offer you more after the date?" It came out more as a question then as answer.

She raised her brow, and then she looked at me with her penetrating gaze. "I know what you are trying to offer Mr. But remember I have a squad here who will hunt you down." I laughed. "They are in my favour now remember? Children love me, yours are nothing different but I can make them our if you want to." I offered. She crossed her arms against my neck, "They already are ours."

It was seven in evening and she was at my place getting dressed. I insisted that I can buy her anything she likes but she refused telling me that she can do that for herself. And that she will wear what she has. I didn't argue because I didn't wish to unknowingly offend her. I was waiting for her down at the hallway. As the clock stroke seven fifteen, she graced me with her presence and what a beautiful presence it was.

"What?" She asked. "Am I not presentable enough?" "So far away from that, you look beautiful hermosa, come we don't want to be late, my sister is awfully cranky these days." I said. "It is normal, all girls go through this when are pregnant" "So that means you too will be cranky?" I asked before I can stop myself. "Depends on whether the person who made me pregnant at the first place would meet my demands or not."

That means I still have hope for future, don't I? I drove to their mansion and the entire journey she talked about her day the patients she had treated and what the hospital could have. I listened to her voice; it was kind of soothing to know that she was here for me. Her presence itself was comforting to me. The Mansion was in view.

"This is where you sister lives? Her husband must be a billionaire" She commented. "Yes. He is a billionaire. You will meet him too today." I assured her. "Am I presentable enough?" she asked. "More than just presentable darling, you look beautiful." I told her. I parked my car and walked out going to her side and opened it up. She took my hand gladly and climbed out.

We walked hand in hand as she excitedly looking at everything. She looked like a kid in candy store. I looked at her and I liked how her eyes shines. "Where are they?" I asked the maid as she took mine and her coat. I saw Iris was looking at the maid weirdly. "hermosa? "I asked. "Yes," "Come they are in the backyard through this way." The maid looked down for some reason. "Shelia? Is everything alright?" I asked softly. 'Yes s..sir, everything is fine" she said bowing and leaving us alone.

What that was all about? "Come" I held Iris's hand and laid her towards the backyard. My whole family was there just not my mom. She was not here yet. Maybe she is late. I hugged my sister. "Hey hermana, you look bigger" She hit me hard. "You are calling me fat?" Pregnancy hormones, can be dangerous. "No how can I'm not you are my baby?" I asked. She cried hugging me. "I hate you hermano," I said. "I know you love me. By the way she is the one I wanted you to meet. Iris Morgan"

"Iris, she is my sister Rose." I introduced them. "Iris, it is a pleasant surprise. I thought once my brother is going to die alone. But now, I don't have to think about this anymore." Iris smiled. "Who can resist your brother and his charms? Certainly not me." And both the girls laughed. Glad that they are getting along. "Hey, where is Ezra?" I asked.

"I am here amigo" speak of the devil. "Hey, little one, are you comfortable? Do you need anything?" He asked. "Just your presence nothing else." Ezra smiled and kissed her forehead. I cleared my throat. "Children stop the PG- 13 scene. This is..." "Dr. Morgan. I presume. The same one for which my brother- in-law here brought the entire toy store?" He asked. She smiled. 

"So, you are the billionaire husband, Samuel was talking about." Rosa and Ezra both looked at me wide eyed. No, I haven't told her who was I exactly, and you should not too. As long as she should know I am just some person with a good heart helping in the renovations of the hospitals. As long as she doesn't know I was her boss too, I am in the safe zone."

"Yes, and you are the doctor that has stole my brother's heart so, I think we will get along just fine" Ezra said shaking her hand. "Hey, where is mom? She isn't here?" I asked. "No, she missed the flight, she would be coming in next." I nodded.

 "Tell her that I want to meet too once she is in here ok?" I told her. "Sure hermano" My sister said leading me and Iris where the others were. I introduced her to everyone, Myra, Lucian, Damien, Adam and his wife, they all are present here.

"So, this is your family?" She asked. "yes, this is my little world hermosa, everything I am is because they are with me. You know I never had thought that I could have this kind of family one day?" I told her as he entwined her fingers with mine.

 "Why is so Sam? You don't think you deserve them? You don't feel worthy, do you?" She whispered. How well she understands me? Sometimes I think that, she understands all of me without me even telling her anything.

"It is very much difficult for me to believe this, all this. I didn't have a good childhood and I lose people from my life. I lose them too much. And every stable relationship I have in my life is a kind of achievement for me." She smiled leaning her head on my shoulder. 

"It is not that Sam, you are too afraid to see it, but you are good at heart and the person who are good at heart are always likable just like you are. Don't be disheartened about this Sam. You are a good person, and nothing bad happens with a good person."

I hope she is right about this. I hope she is telling me the truth because suddenly she had become one of the most important things in my life. And I cannot start how I am going to miss that if she ever left. So, I am afraid, so afraid of this scenario. 

"Don't think about it much Sam. I am here am I not?" I nodded forcing a smile on my face. Somehow, I never really grasped the fact that it is I can ever have someone in my life. Sitting here, holding her hand had seem a little unrealistic to me.

"Come on Sam, let's go and dance" She suggested. "I am not much of a dancer I am afraid." "that night in the club suggested otherwise." Suddenly I remembered her dancing around in that tight red dress all around me. 

"That wasn't me dancing, that was me seducing you so that I can take you to my bed baby" She laughed. "And did it succeed?" She asked. "Sort of, the girl fell asleep in my arms and I watched her sleep in my bed all night long." "Maybe tonight will be different than that night then."

She looked at her watch and then she leaned in moreto me. She softly whispered into my ear. "This marks the fifth Day, so do youremember what you had promised?" 

Word Count: 1807 Words

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.7M 102K 45
Looking straight in my eyes he said "I didn't like the way he was staring at you." I bit my lips "And how was he staring at me?" Leaning towards me h...
47.5K 2.6K 70
Cover credit goes to @meha-k Banner credit goes to @sarcastic-mess *** Louisa who is a highly m...
19.5K 1.1K 42
Lucian Night has been burned badly by the one he loved. The Betrayal hurt him deeply. But his broken heart still loves one and only Violet. He had be...
1M 33.6K 36
Julianne Burke is a young and advanced college student with an eye for trouble. Ever since her last year in high school, when the only man she ever l...