Demons | Guardians of the Gal...

By ReverseCanary

Demons | "I want to hide the truth, I want to shelter you, ... More

I) Cast
II) Playlist
III) Prologue: Demons
PART ONE: VOLUME. ONE
ONE
TWO
THREE
FOUR
FIVE
SIX
EIGHT
NINE
TEN
ELEVEN
TWELVE
THIRTEEN
FOURTEEN
FIFTEEN
SIXTEEN
SEVENTEEN
EIGHTEEN
NINETEEN
TWENTY
TWENTY ONE
TWENTY TWO
PART TWO: VOLUME. TWO
TWENTY THREE
TWENTY FOUR
TWENTY FIVE
TWENTY SIX
TWENTY SEVEN
TWENTY EIGHT
TWENTY NINE
THIRTY
THIRTY ONE
THIRTY TWO
THIRTY THREE
THIRTY FOUR
THIRTY FIVE
THIRTY SIX
THIRTY SEVEN
THIRTY EIGHT
EPILOGUE

SEVEN

1.6K 42 2
By ReverseCanary

CHAPTER SEVEN
"The better half of Allison"

      THE NOW FULL ICE DEMON TURNED from Groot and Rocket and pushed herself into the air with an ice piller beneath her. Cold white mist flooded off the ice, filling the room with freezing air as the demon got to work. Ice shards took off around the circular room, originating from the palms of her hands. She guided them into an array of robots and officers, sending them spinning to the floor and forcing guards to be trapped against walls.

"Rocket!" Gamora called out from the side, chucking the wristband over the battlefield. Rocket easily caught it, scrambling on top of Groot, commanding his friend to head to the tower.

Frost followed, creating her own ice path around the circular room. She shot ice beams and icicles to small drones with one hand, keeping one down to make sure she doesn't cut of her bridge. Passing Gamora, the Ice Demon grabbed the assassin's arm, pulling her on to the freezing path and pulling them to the watch tower, meeting Rocket and Groot there.

Gamora gave a respectful nod to the Ice Demon before glancing over her shoulder and watching as the bridge collapsed, creating a tidal wave on the floor that washed out many guards and prisioners. It took a few moments but eventually, the water died down, allowing guards to fill the area again.

"Who's this?" Gamora questioned, jutting her chin in Frost's direction as they waited for Peter.

The Ice Demon scoffed, crossing her arms as a cold mist continued to flow off. "The better half of Allison."

"This is the Ice Demon counterpart of Allison," Rocket explained, ignoring the commotion Peter made as he climbed Groot's makeshift ladder. "She prefers to be called Frost."

Gamora took one last look at the demon, eyes scanning her up and down.

Rocket turned to the entrance of the watch tower, heading for the keypad whilst Peter clambered onto the small bridge. Drax followed and the Groot pulled himself up.

Peter paused, moving the leg from under his chin and into his grasp as he noticed the replacement for Allison. "What the- who's this?"

"Frost," Gamora answered bluntly as she stepped forward, Rocket easily unlocking the door.

"That's Frost?" Peter stared at the Ice Demon with wide eyes and eyebrows raised. "Wait-so where's Allison?"

"Frost and Allison share a body," Rocket began to explain, typing away at the keyboard. "They have ever since Alli was a kid and if she didn't have Frost, she'd be as normal as Quill."

The guard that occupied the watchtower, stared at them with fear covering his expression. White mist flowed off Frost's skin as she held her hands up threateningly, forming an icicle between them. She gripped tightly, the coldness of the ice not bothering her at all. Peter looked at her with a worried and slightly afraid look.

The guard held his hands up in surrender, allowing them to enter and Gamora to shove him away. The rest of the group filled the small room as Groot wrapped a branch around the guard and chucked him back, locking him out of the tower.

Drax entered quite harshly, feet slamming roughly against the metal flooring, catching Gamora's attention.

"Spare me your foul gaze, woman!" Drax snapped as he spotted the assassin.

Gamora rolled her eyes, turning back to the other escapees. "Why is this one here?"

Frost ignored her, moving to be closer to Rocket and helped him hack through the prison's security system. She knew a thing or two about hacking, wasn't an expert but perhaps an amateur?

"We promised him he could stay by your side until he kills your boss," Peter informed her, eyes looking down at the prosthetic leg he held as a request of Rocket. "I always keep my promises when they're to a muscle-bound wack-jobs, who will kill me if I don't, here you go." he slammed it down on the bench in front of Frost, causing the demon to look at him confused before giving him a chilling smirk with her pale lips.

She shoved it off, kicking it under the desk, making Peter glare at her. "We don't need that, trust me."

"Yeah, I was just kidding about the leg," Rocket added before motioning to the band and quarnyx battery. "I just needed these two things."

"What?" Star-Lord exclaimed at the animal's confession.

"No, I thought it'd be funny, was it funny? Oh wait, what did he look like hopping around?"

"I had to transfer him 30,000 units!"

"Oh boo-hoo!" Frost pouted jokingly, throwing a small gust of cold wind to Peter, making him shiver before it escaped through the currently opened vents.

Rocket snickered before turning back to the control panel, Frost following his actions apart from the snickering part. The demon found the image amusing but she wasn't one to laugh or be humorous.

"How are we gonna leave?" Drax questioned them.

A drone flew to the side of the tall tower, opening fire on its right side. The sudden attack caused Peter to jump, instinctively holding his hands up as if shielding himself from the attack.

Peter pointed to Rocket, who was leaping all over the controls on the left side as Frost worked on the right "Well he's got a plan! Right? Or is that another thing you made up!"

"I have a plan! I have a plan!" Rocket reasurred, Frost getting closer to hacking into the gravity options in the prison.

"Cease your yammering and relive us from this irksome confinement!"

"Yeah, I'll have to agree with the walking thesaurus on that one-" Peter stated before turning to make eye contact with Drax, the alien narrowing his eyes at him.

"Do not ever call me a thesaurus."

"It's just a metaphor dude-"

"Would you two please shut up!" Frost shouted over the weapon fire below.

"His people are completely literal!" Rocket responded to Peter, ignoring Frost's shout. "Metaphors are gonna go over his head."

"Nothing goes over my head, my reflexes are too fast, I would catch it," Drax claimed making Frost groan and facepalm.

"I'm gonna die surrounded by the biggest idiots in the galaxy..." Gamora took the words right out of the Ice Demon's mouth.

She moved her hand back to the keyboard, typing through the options in search of the gravity and more specifically how to change it. Below them, more guards began marching in with much larger weapons then the drones.

"Those are some big guns," Peter pointed out nervously, making Frost groan.

"No shit! They're RPGs, genius!" As she replied, the main guard below began to initiate the firing.

An explosion went off in front of them, cracking the glass and making Frost clench her teeth in annoyance. If there was even the smallest gap, she probably could've shot her own ice out, damaging the turrets and freezing the floor. That was, the guards wouldn't have the best aim with the slippery floor under them.

"Rodent we are ready for your plan!" Gamora insisted harshly, watching as Rocket and Frost moved across the controls.

"Hold on!" Frost snapped, beginning to fiddle with the wires now.

Wanting to have her full concetration, Frost focused on altering the gravity. She ignored Drax's comment on Rocket being the animal his people would roast over a fire and Rocket snapping back.

Two more explosions followed, hitting the sides and cracking one to the point where it was close to simply shattering. Frost heard one of the guards instruct all of the guns to fire, making her hurry up and pull out the correct cords.

She looked to Rocket for confirmation, the raccoon nodding vigorously. The two cords connected together, a low rumbling echoing over the watchtower as the gravity disappeared.

The guards began floating upwards, loosing grips on weapons a prisioners rushed to grab stable pieces of the cells to not float all the way up. Rocket then got to work with hopefully turning the watchtower into a getaway vehicle.

The assassin of the group leant over the controls, looking outside to where guards were practically swimming through the air. "They turned off the artificial gravity, everywhere but in here," she chuckled to herself, standing back up as Frost did the same, crossing her freezing arms loosely across her chest with a grin plastered across her face.

With a quick bit of hacking, Rocket managed to disconnect the top half of the watchtower. He hacked through the prision's firewalls and soon gained access to the drones, commanding them to fly under the tower and act as rocket boosters.

He forced them to turn, tilting downwards to approach an exit from the high security prison.

"I told you I had a plan," Rocket grinned, as his new team stumbled and struggled to hold their balance in the top half of the watchtower.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

13K 373 19
||BEHIND THE MASK SERIES: BOOK 1|| โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€ โœผโœผโœผ โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€ "You said it yourself. We're the Guardians of the Galaxy." โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€ โœผโœผโœผ โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€ In which Primrose Q...
16.5K 352 3
(For those who have read my Mandalorian x Son Reader book, this is a sequel AND a crossover.) I left it all behind. My people, my right as a ruler...
87 12 3
Both have escaped Halfworld. Live in different lives... When they pass each other's paths, there's no turning back to the way things were... ---Rocke...
23.4K 453 15
'YOU'RE RIGHT, WE'RE NOT FRIENDS. WE'RE FAMILY AND WE DON'T LEAVE FAMILY BEHIND' part one of the CONSTELLATIONS series. [GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY V...