Young Hearts Beat Fast

By tay-lynch

After a short hiatus away from football, Alexis Parker-Rose is back in the WSL and back to make a new name f... More

2) I'm Just Curious
3) I Won't Back Down

1) Mysterious Girl

622 17 3
By tay-lynch

"... And all eyes will surely be on Manchester United's new striker Alexis Parker-Rose. After over a year away from football the twenty-four year old is now back in the FAWSL. Her former Liverpool teammate and United's manager Casey Stoney was apparently very eager to have her join the newly promoted side."

"Yes and Stoney speaks very highly of her new signing. Despite any troubles that Parker-Rose has had in the past, Stoney says that she has complete faith in her and knows she will fit in well with her team."

The voices continued on in the background as the Manchester City squad got ready for their big game. There was a nervous air in the changing rooms but the girls were quite giddy as they moved about quickly. Excited for what was to come.

Janine was sat watching the report on her phone, playing it loudly so that everyone could hear. A chuckle came from next to her and she tilted her head to see KB looking over her shoulder at the screen.

"Hey Caz, look who's back." The goalkeeper turned to Caroline, who was on her other side and gently smacked her on the arm.

Caroline finished up lacing her boots and sat up to take a look at the phone. "Good." The Scot said firmly as she nodded. "It's about time someone gave her a break."

"Seriously?" Steph asked as she rolled her eyes. "You actually feel bad for her?"

"She's been through a lot of shit Steph." Caroline replied.

It looked like Steph was going to say something else, but at Caroline's stern look she just closed her mouth.

"I like her." Aoife piped up. "I've been on England youth camps with her. She's nice."

"How many people did she sleep with on that squad?" Demi asked and she and Steph laughed.

"Hey that rumour is not true." Aoife said as she turned red.

"Looks like you've been caught out kid." Jill said as she sat next to the younger girl.

"No! We didn't..."

"I'm sorry." Janine cut in before Aoife could turn any redder. "What is going on?"

"Yeah you wouldn't know the infamous Alexis Parker-Rose would you?" KB said. "She's an amazing footballer. But a bit of a little shit really."

Caroline rolled her eyes. "Alexis used to play with me and Gemma at Liverpool. And was a nice girl, not a little shit. Right Gem?" Caroline turned to the defender.

"Nah she was a little shit." Gemma replied with a shrug.

Caroline threw her hands up. "Anyway, she is my friend and I'm glad she's back." She stood up. "Come on. We've got a match to win." She quickly left the room.

As soon as she left, Demi turned back to the girls and narrowed her eyes. "Now she has slept with her."

Janine looked around the room with a confused look on her face.

It was Steph that took pity on her. "Rumour is that Alexis has slept with at least half of the league. She's a bit of a player and a flirt. Also she's arrogant, cocky and a troublemaker." Then she turned to face Ellie, Georgia, Keira and Lauren who were listening close by. "You four be careful around her. She's a bad influence." Next she turned to Aoife. "And you be careful."

"Whatever you say Skip." Aoife sighed.

Steph left the room now. But then Ellen came into the changing rooms. "Hey Nick says shake a leg. There's like thirty thousand people out there and their waiting for you guys to go and kill it."

All the girls hastily finished getting ready. And as Janine put away her phone she frowned to herself. Who was this girl?

——————

They'd won! In front of a packed stadium they'd won the first match of the season and Caroline had scored probably the goal of the season already.

Janine had been skipping around the pitch with the rest of her teammates and then when she saw Caroline off in the distance she ran over to her hand hugged her. "What a goal." She screamed in her friend's ear as they spun around. "Where did that come from?"

"I've been saving it up for a special occasion." Caroline laughed.

"You sure know how to hurt my feelings don't you Caz?"

Both Caroline and Janine turned around to see who was speaking to them. The very girl they were discussing this morning, Alexis Parker-Rose.

"I don't think you know what feelings are Lex." Caroline said, but moved away from Janine and walked forward to pull Alexis into a hug. They hugged for a long moment and they Caroline pulled back to take a good look at Alexis. "Back in red. But the wrong red."

"Says you." Alexis pulled at Caroline's shirt. "Is this blue or am I colourblind now?" They both laughed.

"You'd do anything for your precious Casey though wouldn't you?" Caroline reached up to pinch Alexis cheek and the striker rolled her eyes.

"She's my mum, couldn't say no to her." Alexis pulled away and looked over Caroline's shoulder. "Oh hey Janine right? Good match, you guys played well."

Janine was caught by surprise as she was greeted so politely. "Y-yeah. You guys too."

Alexis raised an eyebrow and turned to Caroline. "Has she been warned about me?"

Caroline nodded. "I'm sorry. I tried to convince everyone that you were normal but it didn't work."

"It's cool." Alexis shrugged. Janine thought maybe she saw some hurt in the other girl's eyes, but she must have been wrong.

"Anyway I better get going before Casey drags me away." Alexis said as she placed a hand on Caroline's arm. "Me and Luce have moved up here so anytime you're free hit me up. It's great to see you again Caz." She grinned at Caroline and then gave Janine a small smile and walked off.

Once she was gone, Janine turned to look at Caroline. "Luce? Has she finally managed to settle down?" She laughed but soon stopped as Caroline turned to look at her.

"You know, you really shouldn't listen to the others when they gossip." Caroline replied, a furious look on her face. She then stormed off.

Janine frowned again and looked over to where Alexis was now. She was doing autographs and taking photos with the fans. She must have some redeeming qualities for someone like Caroline to like her. But after everyone else was so negative about her, it was hard for Janine to see why. Maybe Caroline had a bad judge of character.

——————

The next day was a recovery day. And after Janine had been down to the training ground and was done she was excited to be able to spend the rest of her day relaxing. Instead of using the nearby coffee store that all of her teammates were using, Janine drove down the city a little further to a cozy little once that she had discovered recently.

She walked inside and ordered her coffee. It might have been slightly cliche but she did have a usual table that she always sat at when she was here. But as she turned away from the counter to go to her seat over in the corner of the room Janine noticed it was taken. With a sigh she went to try and find another table but then she realised who was actually sitting at her usual table. Alexis.

Janine gave a short laugh and rolled her eyes. Just her luck. But it would be rude if she didn't acknowledge Alexis. Especially now when the striker looked up and noticed her staring at her. She had to give her a chance, right?

Walking slowly over to the table Janine gave Alexis a small smile. But before she could say anything Alexis spoke first.

"Of all the coffee shops in all of the world, she walks into mine." Alexis smirked at Janine and then went back to the notebook she had been writing in before she had seen the Canadian.

Janine didn't know how to respond to that and just stood still staring at Alexis.

"You can sit down y'know."

And Janine did. She took a sip of her coffee as she tried to find something to say. Luckily Alexis saved her again.

"I spoke to Caroline again after the match yesterday. She told me that I need to be making friends now that I'm back, so if you're wondering why I'm being so nice to you, despite everything you've heard about me, that's why."

Janine frowned and shook her head. "I haven't heard anything about you." She tried to lie.

"That's sweet but you don't have to pretend. Everyone already knows." Alexis shrugged. "My reputation precedes me."

"Well Caroline is right. You should be playing nice."

Alexis laughed. "I'm always nice. Trust me." She raised her eyebrows. "But of course that's not what you've heard."

"So now you're trying to prove everyone wrong?" Janine asked as she studied the other girl.

Alexis shrugged again. "I'm not bothered what people think about me. It's just Caroline worrying."

Janine's brows furrowed and she sat up straight. "Well maybe that's why everyone has a negative outlook on you. Because you don't care."

"Whoa." Alexis held her hands up. The conversation had taken a weird turn. "I don't think that's what it is. But thanks for your input that I didn't ask for."

"Now I'm starting to understand why everyone is getting at. And I'm wondering why Caroline is friends with you."

"Y'know... Caroline said you were the nicest person on her team." Alexis let out a shaky laugh and stood up. "Guess she was wrong about both of us." She grabbed all her stuff from off the table. "Enjoy your coffee." She muttered and stormed out of the coffee shop.

Great. Janine thought to herself as she sighed. That went well.

——————

A/N: Hey all! This is my new book!

It's a little shorter than what I usually write I know, but I feel like shorter might be better with this story. 

I hope this starts to make sense to how the story is going to go because honestly this is a little rushed. But they're already starting to argue so this is going to be good!

Hope you all enjoy!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

515K 36.5K 45
ပဲပြုတ်သည်ငပြူးနဲ့ ဆိုက်ကားဆရာငလူးတို့ရဲ့ story လေးတစ်ပုဒ်
457K 16.6K 192
Won Yoo-ha, a trainee unfairly deprived of the opportunity to appear on a survival program scheduled to hit the jackpot, became a failure of an idol...
Sarkaar By eira

General Fiction

30.4K 1.1K 12
The book contain painful and horrifying visual in book read at your risk This my first time story based on india in 1970s. This story deal with the...
Alina By ihidethisapp

General Fiction

1.5M 37.8K 75
The Lombardi family is the most notorious group in the crime world. They rule both the American and Italian mafias and have many others bowing at the...