Strangers || j.h.

By rowdysgirlxo

"What we feel started way before we ever touched..." -cover created by @mahgahdahling More

intro
chapter one
chapter two
chapter three
chapter four
chapter five
chapter six
chapter seven
chapter eight
chapter nine
chapter ten
chapter eleven
chapter twelve
chapter thirteen
chapter fourteen
chapter fifteen
chapter sixteen
chapter seventeen
chapter eighteen
chapter nineteen
chapter twenty
chapter twenty-two
chapter twenty-three
chapter twenty-four
chapter twenty-five
chapter twenty-six
chapter twenty-seven
chapter twenty-eight
chapter twenty-nine
chapter thirty
chapter thirty-one
sequel

chapter twenty-one

9.8K 102 35
By rowdysgirlxo

"So what's the plan for the rest of today?" Jack asked, rubbing small circles on the back of my hand.

"I have Chris for the day so count me out," Marley said, watching her younger brother run around the living room.

"Well wait, we're not ditching you on a Saturday just because you have the little guy. He's cool as fuck." Jack said.

"He's definitely cooler than Trevor and we hang with him on the regular." Alex joked.

"You guys are so mean." I giggled, standing up and clearing plates.

"How long do you have to watch him, babe?" Alex asked Marley.

"My parents are away until tomorrow morning." Marley said.

"So we'll do fun stuff with the kid all day, Jack hasn't been to Chuck E. Cheese in at least-- wait Peyton how long have you two been together?" Alex asked.

"A little over a month. Why?" I asked.

"Because that's how long Jack's been pretending to be an adult."

"Fuck off Turcs." Jack laughed, finishing off his coffee.

"What do you think dude? Wanna spend a day with the big kids?" I asked Chris.

"Yeah!" He rejoiced.

"Awesome." Marley smiled.

"Come on dude, let's go get dressed. Where do you wanna go first?" Alex asked, as Chris ran off toward the stairs.

"Come on Jack!" Chris yelled.

"Oh, sorry." Jack smiled, kissing my cheek before jogging to catch up to the boys.

"Can I borrow clothes?" I asked Marley as we loaded the dishwasher.

"Yeah of course." She smiled before we ran up to Marley's room.

As we passed Christopher's room he was showing Jack all his transformers and explaining what each of them did while Alex was looking through his closet.  Marley and I went in her room and I went to her closet, beginning to pull out things I liked.

"I'm wearing the white sweater so don't even think about it." Marley said from behind me.

"Which white sweater?" I asked her.

"The one you're thinking about trying on to convince me to let you wear it." Marley said, reaching over me to grab the sweater off the hanger I was looking at.

"God, you're annoying." I giggled, pulling out a tan colored sweater.

Marley sat down at her makeup table as I jogged into her bathroom to brush my teeth and wash my face with the products I kept in her medicine cabinet. When I went back to her room, Marley had pulled out my emergency makeup bag and set it on the end of her makeup table. I grabbed it before sitting on her fluffy grey carpet in front of the full body mirror and began to do my makeup. Once I was done I pulled a brush through my hair and threw on the tan sweater I had chosen and a pair of white jeans with a pair of low brown booties.

"You get ready so slow." I said to Marley, searching for my phone in the pile of my stuff on the floor from last night.

"Sorry, some of us require a little TLC in the mornings Miss 'I date the Captain of USA Hockey and act like thats not a huge fucking deal'" Marley teased, standing up.

"Hey! You're boyfriends pretty cute too, last I checked." I laughed.

"Awe, thank you Peyton." Alex said from the door.

"Where's little man?" I asked.

"Playing with Chris." Alex teased, earning a smack from me as I walked past him to Christopher's room.

Chris was still in his jammies, jumping up and down on his bed while Jack stood at the foot of it with a huge smile.

"So, I'm gonna count to three and then I'm gonna jump. You catch me and fly me around the room." Chris giggled.

"Okay buddy." Jack smiled.

Chris counted and jumped into Jack's arms as he hoisted him over his head and shuffled around the room.

"Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No! It's Super-Chris!" Jack narrated before plopping him down on his bed and tickling him.

Jack looked up at the door frame and saw me leaned against it and shot me a wink.

"Hey!" I smiled, earning Chris's attention. "Why aren't you dressed?" I asked.

"Well, I don't know what I'm supposed to wear Peyton!" Chris said, jumping up to his feet.

"That's what Jack and Alex were supposed to do," I smiled, walking into the room and standing beside Jack.

"Oh because we are such fashion experts when it comes to dressing 5 year olds." Jack cracked as I smacked his butt before turning to Chris's closet.

"Are your teeth brushed?" I asked Chris and I heard a giggle escape his lips. "Get in there!" I laughed before hearing his little feet run out of his room.

"My baby looks good." Jack said, wrapping his arms around my waist from behind me.

"Eat your heart out." I smiled, leaning into him a little.

"Why do you like to tease me?" He grumbled.

"Cause I'm bad." I smiled evilly as I turned to face him and tossed a pair of khaki pants on Chris's bed.

"Oh are you now?" He laughed.

"Hey you two." Alex's voice called from the door. "Keep in mind you're in a childs room, okay?"

"Oh shut up." I laughed, throwing a ball of socks at him, which he caught and tossed back to me.

"Don't act like you and Marley weren't alone in her room." Jack teased.

"Touché." Alex smiled, disappearing.

"So what are we doing today?" Chris asked, walking back into his room.

"Well," I smiled, lifting him up and plopping him on his bed. "How would you like to learn to skate from two of the best hockey players in the country?" I asked and Christopher's eyes lit up like a Christmas tree. "Oh and Jack and Alex."

"Uh!" Jack laughed, making Chris giggle.

"C'mon let's get you dressed." I smiled.

I dressed Chris in the khaki pants I picked with a white t-shirt and a blue quarter zip over top and paired it with his little white sneakers.

"Woah-oh! Stud alert!" Marley said from the door.

"Well now I have to change." Alex said, seeing as he was in sweats.

"Crap, if he changes I have to." Jack said as I smacked him and Chris turned to look at him. "I mean, dang."

"Well, let's all jump in Karen's whip and we can stop at both your houses on the way to the ice rink." Marley said.

"Perfect." Alex said. "Race you to the car."

"I'm gonna win!" Chris said, taking off down the hallway.

I put Chris in his booster seat and jumped in the back with him and Jack while Alex drove Marley's mom's Chevy Traverse and we went off to Alex's first. He was rather quick coming out in dark jeans, a navy blue sweater and air force's.

"Wow Alex! We match!" Chris said excitedly as Alex got back in the car.

"Heck yeah we do!" Alex smiled before heading to Jack's house.

Jack came out dressed pretty much the same as Alex.

"Hey now Jack matches us too!" Chris said happily.

"Well you're just so cool everyone wants to be like you buddy." I smiled.

"Woah." He said in disbelief.

"Well, open skate doesn't start until 3:30, so do you guys want to go get some lunch?" Marley asked.

"I'm down." Jack said and Alex nodded along.

"Where do you wanna go eat buddy? You get to pick." Marley asked her brother.

"Uhhh," He said, placing his finger on his chin as he thought. "The place with the hockey wall!"

"Hockey wall?" Alex asked.

"The Game. It's a sports bar kind of place and they have a section dedicated to hockey and Chris loves it. It's a few towns over, if that's okay with you guys." Marley asked the boys.

"Oh yeah, whatever the little man wants." Alex smiled before listening to Marley's directions.

~

After lunch we went over to the rink and rented the smallest skates I'd ever seen for Chris.

"I'm paying for everyone's skates." Marley said.

"No!" Jack protested.

"Yes! You and Alex fought me to pay for lunch, Peyton made breakfast, and you guys are being really cool about babysitting. I'm paying for skates, shut up." Marley said, handing over her debit card.

"I don't know what I hate more, letting Marley pay for something or wearing somebody else's skates." Alex said.

"Definitely the skates." Jack laughed.

As we all laced up, Jack and I helped tie Chris's skates.

"You excited?" I asked him.

"Yeah!" He said happily.

"Okay, if you get cold or tired just let us know. Okay?" Jack said.

"Okay." Chris smiled, beginning his little waddle to the rink doors as we trailed behind.

"Hey," I grabbed Marley. "Have some fun with Alex. We've got him."

"What? No, I'm not dumping you with the responsibilities." Marley protested.

"Listen, you let me crash at your place last night and you do everything for me when I need you. You've been really great the past week when I really needed you, this is me paying you back. Plus, he's gotta better shot at becoming a house league sniper if he learns to skate from me and Rowdy, I've seen Turcs skate and well--" I grinned, looking at him. "--thats enough of that. And you?"

"Let's not forget who taught me how to skate." Marley teased me.

"Some people can't be taught." I said, putting my hands up.

Marley smiled, lacing her fingers through Alex's before getting on the ice.

"Okay, I'm gonna hold you up from behind until you get your balance." Jack said to Chris.

Chris nodded as Jack and I stepped on first and Jack grabbed Chris.

"Okay now just push with your feet, glide." I said, skating backwards in front of them as Chris quickly  moved his feet. "Good job!"

Jack laughed to himself as he tried to keep his balance and Chris's confidence.

"Move your feet a little slower and use the blades on your skates buddy." I smiled.

Chris planted his feet and started pushing a little slower, beginning to get the hang of it.

"Awesome dude!" Jack smiled.

"I wanna try on my own." Chris said.

"Are you sure?" Jack asked.

"Yeah."

I shrugged my shoulders and Jack reluctantly leg go as the two of us skated at close proximity with out hands up waiting to catch him. Chris was doing really well as he shuffled along the ice.

"Dude, you're a natural. I'll be teaching you celly's this time next week." Jack smiled, making Chris giggle.

"You're so good with him." I told Jack.

"I like kids." Jack smiled, watching him.

"I like you." I smiled, looking at Jack.

"Come here." He grinned, kissing me quickly before directing his attention back to Chris.

"He doesn't know how to stop and he's getting close to the boards." Jack said.

"Yep, go. Fast."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

955 124 19
A NIGERIAN 🇳🇬 THEMED NOVEL. Many many years ago, the Yoruba gods descended to earth and attempted to rule the mortal world with their godly powers...
125K 913 43
"It's just a kiss right?" "Unless you want it to be more." {Afterglow Book Two}
578K 35.3K 99
Kira Kokoa was a completely normal girl... At least that's what she wants you to believe. A brilliant mind-reader that's been masquerading as quirkle...
252K 2.1K 56
what happens when the love of your life is right in front of you but you didn't know it?? [completed & edited] © luvelyjimin 2017