Anna & George

By SmartWater98

In this world, people are divided into three groups: The Alphas', who are at the top, they are the wealthiest... More

Anna
Anna
George
Anna
George
Anna
George
Anna
George
Anna
George
Anna
George
Anna
George
Anna
George
Anna
George
Anna
George
Anna
George
Anna
George
Anna
George
Anna
George
Anna
George
Extra 1/2
Extra 2/2

George

69 9 0
By SmartWater98

"I'm sorry to be rude, but I don't want to lead you on. I don't like you, I don't agree with this arrangement and I have a girlfriend who I love very very much." I stated, cutting what she was about to ask. Honestly, I'm not in the best of moods today, I hate her, I hate her family and I hate my family. My parents knew that I have a girlfriend, but they still do this kind of thing! I wasn't told about all this arrangement until this morning, leaving me no choice but to agree on coming here and meeting this woman. I recognize her since their family is one of the richest in the country, looking at her, you can tell that she's shy and timid young woman, but there's something quite not right with her. She beautiful, has a black wavy hair, pale green eyes, slim with a perfect height just like any other woman, nothing special. As I look back into her eyes after saying those things, her eyes glint for a mere second before she raise her brow at me.

"I'm sorry to be rude, I also don't want to lead you on. I don't like you either, I don't agree with this arrangement either, I don't have a boyfriend and I'm not in love with someone at the moment." My lips twitch and then form a smile at her sarcasm. Never ever judge a book by it's cover, her looks can really deceive you.

"Feisty. Here I am feeling a little guilty for hurting someone so shy and innocent only to be surprise by that attitude." She too, smiled at what I said.

"Yeah, my parents told me to act like this to not scare you away like the others." She said and finally look at the menu.

"Others? You've been in this situation before?" I ask curiously.

"Yep. Been arrange two times in the past and both backed out because of my attitude, they couldn't handle told by the truth. What about you? First time?"

"Oh they've arrange me more than two times in the past, but this is the first I've actually agree and meet. This time, I couldn't make up excuses because they told me just this morning." Her eyes widen.

"Me too! They must have planned this very well." She said and took a sip of her water. "Before we continue, let's order first." She raise her hand to call for the waiter and we both order what me wanted. The waiter took the menu list and left, only to be back later with our drinks.

"Pineapple juice? In this weather?" I ask as I notice what drink she ordered.

"What's wrong with that? I only drink juice and water. I hate fizzy drinks and I hate alcoholic drinks." She said and taunt me with drinking more juice. I chuckle and shook my head at her childishness. "So, let's talk about your girlfriend."

"What about her?"

"Is she an omega or in the middle class?" She ask carefully.

"How do you know she's not an Alpha?"

"It's easy. You wouldn't be here having lunch with me." She said nonchalantly.

"Make sense."

"Always do." She said proudly which made me smile. We get along just fine.

"But what if she really is an Alpha and I just didn't tell my parents yet?" I challenge.

"Well, is she?" We stare at each other before we laugh at the same time.

"She's not. She belongs to the middle class." I said honestly.

"Your parents know?" I didn't get to answer right away as the waiter came with our food. I waited for her to finish setting the foods on the table, she bow slightly and left.

"They do, actually. And as you'd suspect, they didn't like her one bit." I remember introducing Margaret to my family and at first they were actually accommodating her until they learned that she wasn't an Alpha. My father was so furious that we didn't talk for about a month, he said I keep on disappointing him, first, with me being a part of a well-known football team, secondly, ditching the women they want me to date and lastly having a girlfriend that belongs to a class lower than us and keeping it from them for three years.

"I belong at the top, but I just don't get why we need to make it a big deal. Where's the equality in this world?" She said and took a bite of her starter.

"I know right?" I said and copied her.

"So, what's the plan?" I look at her confuse. "What should you do now? About this situation, I mean."

"Me? Why just me?"

"I'm sorry, but I've been giving my parents enough disappointment with this arrange marriage stuff two times in a row and I don't want to do it again, so I'm counting on you." She said and wink at me.

"What a wicked woman." I tease making her giggle.

"Well, you can't change our minds. Seeing the two of you get along so well means we made the right choice pairing the two of you." We both jump at my father's voice and we immediately stood up.

"Hello Mr. and Mrs. Parsons, it's nice to meet you." Anna greeted politely. My mom look at her in awe and hug her.

"It's so nice to finally meet you dear, please just call me Edith." My mom said after separating herself from Anna.

"Okay Edith." She said and smile before looking at dad and offer her hand. "Hello sir."

"Please, just Frederick." My dad said and shook her hands. I already met her family earlier so I just nod and smile at them. My sister, who is so shy around new people despite being twenty one, is hiding slightly behind dad before she move closer to Anna and offer her hand.

"H-hi, I'm Ella Parsons. George's sister." Anna said hello and shook her hand.

"We'll leave the two of alone and George, be sure to get Anna home safe and sound." I nodded to my dad and we all bid our goodbyes' before me and Anna sat back down.

"We were busted even before our plan, or should I say your plan goes to motion."

"Where did they even come from? How come we didn't notice?" I ask and she just shrug before started eating again. "Now that they know, we no longer have an escape to this." What am I going to do?

"You can always go and marry her." She suggested.

"I already ask her to marry me two times and she refuse." I told her honestly. My ego hurts just remembering about it, I never did it again after that.

"Well, you either marry her or be force to marry me."

"What about you? Can't you think of something?"

"Sorry, I'm already twenty five and my parents are desperate for me to settle down as if twenty five is already old." Both of us fell silent as we both think that there's no escaping this anymore. We finish eating in silence before we decided to go, I was about to pay when the lady told us that our food has already been paid. As we exit the restaurant we bump into my very friend, William and his wife.

"George? What are you doing here?" He ask and look at Anna.

"What do you think I'm doing in a place like this William?" I ask sarcastically. I look at Anna, who smiled at them. "This is Anna, my friend who I met to have lunch with. Anna, this is my friend William and his wife, Kate." They all shook hands before pulling me a little further from the ladies, who started talking.

"That's Anna Rowthorn right?" I nodded. "Why are you guys having lunch? Don't tell me you're friends, because I know you're not." He warned.

"My parents did it again." I simply said and I know he'll get it immediately.

"Damn. You ran out of excuses that's why you're here?" I nodded and walk back to where the ladies are, as I got nearer, I can hear what they're talking about.

"I love your clothes you know? I buy most of my clothes from your boutiques." Kate said enthusiastically. "You recognize this dress right?"

"Yes, I actually design it myself." Anna admitted.

"Yes, I ask one of your sales lady about it. This is one of my favorites! I love the design, the fabric and it's so comfortable to wear." Kate twirl around.

"Oh thank you, that makes me happy." Anna said and blush.

"What are you ladies talking about?" William ask as he wrap his arms around his wife's waist.

"I just told her how much I love their clothes. Can I have a picture with you?" She look at Anna pouting.

"Okay, sure." Kate squeals and ask William to take picture as she hug Anna.

"Okay, we need to get going before it starts to rain. See you guys later." I said and lead Anna to my car after she bid her goodbyes' to them. When I open the door, the sky lit up as the lightning strike and I notice Anna stood there, pale as white. "Anna?" I called, but she didn't even show a sign that she heard me. "Anna?" I called again and this time touch her shoulder and I just then notice that she was trembling. I made her face me and she look at me with so much fear in her eyes, when the thunder booms, she pass out.

What just happened? Is it the lightning? The thunder? I lift her up and sat her down on the passenger seat before dialing William's number.

"Yes?"

"I'm still outside, come this instant." I said and hang up. Just seconds later and William is now in front of me.

"What happened?" He ask, still not noticing Anna.

"It's Anna, she passed out."

"Why?"

"I don't know, I think it was the lightning and thunder just now." I explain as he examine her.

"It's probably Astraphobia." He said he's done the examination and by examination I mean checking her pulse and her eyes, you know doctor stuff. "She'll be fine, though when she wake up tell her to call me. I can help." He said and gave me one of his calling card.

"Are you sure?"

"I'm a psychologist, trust me."

"I don't need to bring her to the hospital?" I'm just making sure.

"No, just let her rest. Can I go back to my wife now?" He said and tap my shoulder.

"Yeah, thanks Will." He just nodded and went back inside the restaurant. I close the door before getting in the driver's side and started driving towards her house. How do I know where she lives, you may ask? I've been there a couple of times for parties, but never once did we bump into each other.

Anna's house is only thirty minutes away, I park my car outside before going around her side and pick her up. I rang the doorbell and waited only a minute before her brother open the door, he look at me before looking at his sister.

"Anna!?" He called and pick her up from my arms. "I'm sorry for the trouble George and thank you, would you like to come in? I'll just put her to bed."

"It's okay, there's somewhere I need to go to. And this" I hand him William's calling card. "My friend is a Psychologist and this is his calling card. I'll get going." I said and return to my car.

I've got some explaining to do.

---

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

361K 8.7K 28
"my arranged marriage to the alpha". Ty is a popular guy who got 18 and haven't found his mate yet, wich made this parents angry because he was Alpha...
156 31 18
In a world where Alphas ruled, Betas worked and protected, and Omegas were discarded or married off. Everyone knew there was always a fated match bet...
198K 6.3K 60
(Fifth book in the My Mate series. Book two should be read before reading this one but it can be read as a stand alone) Son of Xzavier, the longest m...
924 84 7
He's just an Omega. Well he was just the second child, only boy, of the last Alpha Basilisk that lived. His father insisted on him having an arranged...