Anna

I woke up in my room the next day with all the memories from yesterday. Urgh! I showed George my pathetic side, I mean who even passes out with just a mere thunder? Me. I shove the duvet away from me and got off the bed. I notice that I'm still wearing the clothes I wore yesterday, just great. I strip off my clothes and immediately took a long hot shower, remembering the very reason I became scared of thunder, I mean it wasn't even traumatizing or scary at all for others I'm sure. I squeeze my eyes shut as I try to forget the eight year old me hiding in my closet as I try to stay silent for the men not to find out I'm there. I open my eyes and finish off before turning off the shower and put on my bathrobe. I step outside my bathroom and pick up my phone, dialing the Parsons main office.

"Parsons Mall main office, how may I help?" I heard the lady ask.

"Hi, is Mr. George Parsons available at the moment?"

"Yes, to whom am I speaking to?"

"It's Anna. Anna Rowthorn." I heard her slight gasp before putting me on hold. I lay down, not caring about getting the sheets wet as I listen to the music over the phone.

"Anna?" I heard George on the other line.

"George, hi. I'm not disturbing you, am I?" I stood up and pace back and forth.

"No, not at all. How are you?"

"I'm okay now, I'm sorry about yesterday and thank you." I said shyly.

"Don't worry about it." Was all he said before we both went silent.

"So uhm, I just called to say that. Have a good day."

I heard him chuckle. "You too Anna."

I ended the call and decided to put on clothes before going downstairs to join my family for breakfast. I expected my brother to say something, but to my surprise, he stayed silent.

"Good morning." I greeted after taking my seat.

"Anna dear, are you feeling better?" My mom ask. I smile and nodded as I spread jam and peanut butter on my toast.

"You should call George and thank him for bringing you home yesterday." My brother said not bothering to look at me.

"I already did."

"What do you think of him?" Dad ask.

"He's a fine young man. We get along so well actually."

"That's good to hear. Then is it safe to say that you'll agree to this marriage finally this time?"

"Actually."

"Here we go." Alice stated. I ignored her.

"Well, I do. But is it possible to look for another bachelor dad?"

My father's jaw tightened. "What is it this time?"

"You see, George was straight forward like me and he told me that he already has a girlfriend and his parents even knew about it. He seems to really like her dad." All of them look at me surprise, even my brother.

"They never told me about this! If that is true then there's no doubt there will be a big issue once the two of you are engage. We don't want any controversy with all this." He said and stood up abruptly. "Excuse me, I'll give Frederick a call." He drop the napkin on the table before walking off. I close my eyes and scold myself silently, stupid, stupid, stupid. Now, I got George in trouble, after the trouble I caused him yesterday and now this. Just minutes later, my dad came back. "Me and Frederick arrange a meeting after my store inspections." He said the moment he walk back in. "Speaking of inspections, why don't you come and help me Anna?"