My Mate, The Dragon

By Swloxie

Look at that amazing cover art by @sweettner Please check her out below! https://my.w.tt/qyi9NG3Lb5 - Sheila... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Chapter Thirty-Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty-One
Chapter Forty-Two
Chapter Forty-Three
Chapter Forty-Four
Chapter Forty-Five
Chapter Forty-Six
Chapter Forty-Seven
Chapter Forty-Eight
Chapter Forty-Nine
Chapter Fifty
Chapter Fifty-One
Chapter Fifty-Two
Chapter Fifty-Three
Chapter Fifty-Four
Chapter Fifty-Five
Chapter Fifty-Six
Chapter Fifty-Seven
Chapter Fifty-Eight
Chapter Fifty-Nine
Chapter Sixty
Chapter Sixty-One
Chapter Sixty-Two
Chapter Sixty-Three
Chapter Sixty-Four
Chapter Sixty-Five
Chapter Sixty-Six
Chapter Sixty-Seven
Chapter Sixty-Eight
Chapter Sixty-Nine
Chapter Seventy
EPILOGUE (1)
SEQUEL(?)
EPULOGUE (2)

Chapter Thirty-Five

57.8K 2.1K 123
By Swloxie

NOVEMBER 1st, 2019

Sheila

    Camping sucked.

    Especially in the rain.

    I had humorously under packed for this exposition to get to the Maeve kingdom. All I had brought with me was a very large backpack, the same one I left the Flore Albo pack with, which was filled with certain necessities. These were things such as, a blanket, which was tied up above my head so I didn't get wet. A sword, that was technically on my belt. Books about ruling a kingdom. Food for a week, and map to get to the Maeve Kingdom.

    Traveling light was an understatement. I hadn't even packed a jacket, thinking that I wouldn't need one. The rain proved me wrong. Way wrong. Now I was sitting up against a tree, my blanket above me, my hands hugging my sides trying to contain all my body warmth, shivering in my boots.

    I had already been traveling for two days, and I've had to do it all on foot, due to the fact that I had decided to pack things in the first place. I can shift into my Shadow Wolf form with my clothes, though a backpack, not a chance. The fire in front of me was letting out only smoke due to the rain trying to smother it.

    I just sighed, and tried to close my eyes. If I go to sleep, then I won't feel pain. Though a twig snapping made the thought of sleeping evaporate completely. "Who's there?" I shouted out. I sat up straighter, a hand now on my sword. Though honestly, I had just brought it for hunting and gutting animals. If I were to really protect myself I would certainly just use my Shadow Wolf form.

    From across the fire I saw a large brown wolf emerge from the shadows. It's yellow eyes glaring into my own. I frowned, sniffing the air. He smelled like wet dog, with a tinge of pumpkin, certainly not a rogue. I let out a sigh of relief.

    "I mean no harm." I raise my hands, my sword still resting against my bent knees if something decided to go south. "Just passing through, I'll be gone by morning." I assume I was currently within a pack territory, for I'm passing through the werewolf part of the continent.

    He shifted into his human form. Had to admit, he was a good looking wolf, his chestnut hair matched with his dark brown eyes and tanned olive skin. There was something about him though that reminded me of someone. He had to be in his late teens, early twenties, he was young.

    He sniffed the air, "you are a werewolf." He had a thick accent, I most definitely was in the Western part of werewolf country. I just nodded my head.

    "You can say that." I smiled, I was a werewolf, just a weird genetic mutation of one. My hands were still shaking slightly from the cold. I wrapped them back around myself.

    "What pack are you from?" He stepped closer, I would have be worried, though he didn't pose a threat to me. I think he was just curious about who I am.

    "Flore Albo." Technically I still was apart of the pack because I didn't go through the whole pack rejection part. Nobody wants to be labeled a rogue, that's probably why Alpha hadn't even offered. Gosh, it seems like it's been forever since I had been home. "Do you know what territory I'm within?"

    "Salieces Ambulatories," he sat on the log across from the fire. He never took his eyes off me and rarely blinked. If my translations were correct, the name translated to Willow Walkers, an ally to the Flore Albo pack. I guess it was my lucky day.

    "Why are you here." He didn't talk much and was trying to get as much information out of me as he could. Though he didn't need to do it by force because I wasn't making myself a threat to his pack. As well as being apart of the Flore Albo pack which granted me asylum in his territory.

    "My mate is in the Maeve Kingdom, and I'm going to meet him there." I rubbed my hands together, blowing in them. It seemed like the rain was lightening up. Though it was still raining pretty hard, I looked out to the wolf sitting in the rain. "Would you like to question me over here, so you can at least stay dry?"

    He smiled at that but shook his head. "Aren't you a little young to have a mate?" Honestly, yeah I was, most werewolves meet their mates when they are twenty-one due to the fact that our moon goddess rarely matches two wolves from the same pack together.

    I shrugged, "I had just recently met him." Not a lie, we probably have known each other for almost six months now.

    "Who is your mate?" He rested his elbows on his knees. Does he only ever ask questions?

    "King Zaivinth of the Dragons." His eyes widen to the size of plates. His mouth hung open which he quickly covered up with his hand.

"You are the Shadow Wolf?" I guess I was famous, a chill ran down my spine at the thought. I just nodded my head.

"I pose no threat though. I have my powers all under control. Now what's your name?" I wanted to address him as something.

"Alpha Ofelious Ravisluo." It was my turn to gasp, I didn't realize I was talking to an alpha, it just seemed like he was no threat to me. "You can just call me Olfe." It was a great honor to call an Alpha from his first name.

"I'm Queen Sheila, you can just call me Sheila. Aren't you a little young to be the alpha?" His expression clouded over which made me understand that I had struck a nerve. "Oh I'm sorry—" he held up a hand.

"Don't apologize, and yes, I'm a very young alpha. My father has just passed away." I frowned, though didn't press any further.

We talked till the sun was up I to the sky, he helped me pack everything up. It turned out that Olfe was nineteen, and a very charming Alpha. He hasn't found his mate, though he is very excited to meet her.

I threw my backpack over my shoulder, everything now in it. I looked back at Olfe, about to say my goodbyes, when he spoke. "I'll walk you to the border. I advise you to go through the Quarter Lakus," translating into Crescent Lake. I raised a brow which he commented, "we are allies with them, I'll send a mind link the alpha preparing him for you." A mind link was what connected all werewolves to each other and more specifically their pack. I wasn't able to be connected like that to my own pack in fear of me getting into that link and breaking the entire communities mind all at once.

I nodded my head, "thank you for being civil with me." I said as we walked in the direction of the Quarter Lakus pack. It seems the Alpha, Alpha Olfe was a kind-hearted person. Though it made me worry if their pack will survive in these warring times. No kind-hearted person made it through wars.

"You didn't pose any threat to my pack and myself," he shrugged, which made me laugh. We thought the same from each other.

We got to the border. I looked back at Olfe and gave him a little wave which he returned with a smile. "Please visit again, and bring your mate with you."

I shouted back to him, "I will once this war is over."

"Best of luck. Farewell!"

"Goodbye!" I turned around and gripped my backpack straps, hiking it up higher into my back. I think I had just made a friend. I couldn't wipe the smile from my face.

I have been walking for almost a week now and I was very close to the Maeve castle. I was currently walking alongside the border between our world and the human world. The wall consisted of thick trees, which had an invisible barrier, which kept the humans and demons out.

I hummed softly to myself, looking at the map in my hands. I should be arriving there in an hour or so. The map says that I'm very, very, close.

Maybe I should eat lunch now. It was already long past noon, but I was running out of food. I should probably
just wait till I get to the castle. The more delay the more I worry about my mate.

The dreading future still pressed my mind, how could I do anything to avoid the future. The future was bound to happen, right? I squeezed my backpack I was just a bundle of anxiety nowadays.

Though normally that anxiety served me well. I was a trouble-shooter at heart. Trying to find the problem before it became a problem.

All in but an instant, my hairs stood up. Someone was watching me. I dropped my bag and shifted into my Shadow Wolf form. The only thing going through my mind was that there was a threat.

Then he stepped out from between the forest shadows.

I instantly ran. And I ran fast.

I took a three hour nap. At 7:30. I'm a complete idiot.

ms-nLLjkO.gif

What do you think will happen?

Do you like Olfe?

Want the next chapter in Zaivinth's or Sheila's POV??

COMMENT AND VOTE PWEASE

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

217K 10K 38
"I know I'm a monster, but even I have my limits!" I shout at him. He shouldn't have done that. "Wait, please, I- , let me explain. I'm sorry-" "I sh...
676K 36.2K 45
Cursed by the Moon. Alone. She can only survive. *** Try to read this story, you might be surprised. *I do not own the rights to the cover's pictur...
155K 9K 34
• Completed • • Highest Ranking • #6 Werewolf February 2022 • Awards • 1st Place Paranormal Category: Splendiferous Awards May 2021 • Summary • ...
595K 22.9K 40
Rely only on yourself. This is the rule Ren, an eighteen-year-old werewolf, lives by. Since the early age of ten she has only one goal on her mind;...