How to Think Rationally

By NostalgiaArchive

An unbiased mindset of rationality and logic anyone can subscribe to. Will add chapters as necessary as time... More

What is True?
Consistency and Objectivity
Is Science Reliable?
Is Faith Reliable?
Who Has Burden of Proof?
What is Evidence?
The Unfalsifiable Claim
Indoctrination
Humility
Pascal's Wager
Conditionals

Circular Reasoning

12 0 0
By NostalgiaArchive

     Circular reasoning is when the assumption of the truth of a claim you are making is the basis for why you believe it is true. 

It's like being inside a bubble seperated from the rest of reality, in which you make your own rules that are just true. It is a complicated way of saying, "Because I said so," maybe without even realizing it. 

It should be obvious why such mindsets are not reliable. If we apply this thinking to one thing we must apply it to everything equally, resulting in chaos and contradicting values. 

The reason we tend to apply it to gods is because we are told by others that we should make an exception for these gods. 

But whether or not a God exists, this method of thinking is not reliable to make that determination. 

You cannot make up the rules, and then make conclusions off of the rules you created yourself. We must observe the rules, and not take conclusions from things we do not observe. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.6K 1K 26
"ඒ රිදුම් නිවී මා හදේ ඈ ළඟින් රැදීලා වගේ සීරුවෙන් ළයේ පෙම් මල් පීදුනා" අමිත්‍යා × උපුනි
5.7K 190 12
"𝑪𝒂𝒖𝒈𝒉𝒕 𝒎𝒚 𝒆𝒚𝒆, 𝑰 𝒂𝒊𝒏'𝒕 𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒏 𝒂𝒕 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒔𝒑𝒐𝒕 𝒄𝒖𝒛 𝑰 𝒃𝒆 𝒐𝒏𝒕𝒐 𝒚𝒐𝒖"
34.4K 531 52
What the title said. You are a Worker Drone BTW Slow Updates because My motivation is dying.
184K 19.9K 56
"කේතු දන්නවද මම කේතුට කොච්චරක් ආදරෙයි කියල ?" "හැමතිස්සෙම වචනෙන් නොකිව්වත් සර්ගෙ ඇස් මගේ ඇස් එක්ක පැටලෙනකොට ඒ දිලිසෙන ඇස්වලින් මට පේනවා සර් මට කොච්...