How I Met You

By modernism

"Hey." It all started with that three lettered word in a mysterious text from an unknown California... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty One
Chapter Thirty Two
Chapter Thirty Three
Chapter Thirty Four
Chapter Thirty Five
Chapter Thirty Six
Chapter Thirty Seven
Chapter Thirty Eight
Chapter Thirty Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty One
Chapter Forty Two
Chapter Forty Three
Chapter Forty Four
Chapter Forty Five
Chapter Forty Six
Chapter Forty Seven
Chapter Forty Eight
Chapter Forty Nine
Chapter Fifty
Chapter Fifty One
Chapter Fifty Two
Chapter Fifty Three
Chapter Fifty Four
Chapter Fifty Five
Chapter Fifty Six Teaser
Chapter Fifty Six
Chapter Fifty Seven
Chapter Fifty Eight
Chapter Fifty Nine

Chapter Thirteen

51.8K 1.3K 216
By modernism

READ AUTHOR'S NOTE!

 -Chapter Thirteen-

Ugh, I hate Jake. No I don’t! He’s just irritating me. It’s been three days, he hasn’t told me where he lives — creepy, I know — we haven't even talked for Christ's sake!

I’m probably going to die from irritation. That would be a terrible thing to put on my gravestone though.

R.I.P Alexandria Annabelle Turner, the girl who died from irritation.

Yeah, that’d suck.

I glanced at the oven in the kitchen, reading the small digital clock. It is five forty-three AM. I slugged back into the tall, tight-fitting chair that was set next to the small bar. My bowl of cereal was almost empty, and my Fruity Pebbles were beginning to get soggy.

My mom demanded that we all wake up at five o’clock. The airport is twenty minutes away from my house, and we don’t need to be at the airport until seven AM. What the heck, Mom.

Everyone else was still either lying in their warm beds, or getting ready upstairs. I was the only one downstairs. Danielle is supposed to be here soon, but since she is, well in fact, Danielle, she is probably going show up at the last minute. And yes, my mom decided that Danielle could come. I was so excited when she told us that news. I knew she would cave sooner or later. 

I dumped my bowl in the sink, not bothering to rinse it out. I’m too tired. I yawned and made my way to the staircase.

The loud sound of my baby brother crying echoed through the almost-silent house. Ugh, shut up, Kyle! A terrible stench made its way to me. Oh God. I ran up the stairs and into Kyle’s nursery, the room next to Peyton’s.

As I opened the door, I saw Kyle standing up in his crib, trying to get out. He was just about to jump out too. Babies these days and their smart minds figuring how to get out of these tiny jail cells. I wish I was that smart when I was a baby.

Suddenly I remembered what was happening, coming out of my little world. My baby brother was about to jump out of his crib and die. Well, he isn’t going to die, per se, but he’ll most likely injure himself. I ran across the room just as Kyle was lifting his leg over the gate.

Picking him up, my sense of smell kicked in and I started gagging. I laid the stinky baby on the changing table, and began to change his diaper. Where the heck is my mom? She’s the one that was across the hall, right? Yet, I had to come from all the way downstairs to change this little stink bomb. . .

Once Kyle was changed and into a new diaper, he was smiling and that terrible odor was almost gone.

I planted a kiss on the toddler’s head as I placed him back into the cradle. I left his room, trudging down the hallway to my own.

I’m still not done packing. Mostly because I have been uploading some of my stories on Wattpad. Either that, or because I’ve been watching TV due to my laziness. I have most of my clothes packed up, I just don’t have the little stuff packed up — makeup, hairbrushes, shoes, etc.

Well, better do it now, right? I pulled my hair up into a messy bun, and walked over to my makeup desk, the one with a mirror and drawers filled with the makeup I’ve had since middle school. I raided the desk, packing up stuff that I actually use.

God, this is going to be a long day.

* * *

Come on, hurry it up, woman! The woman in front of me was taking forever to order, driving me crazy. We’re in the airport now, and I am currently in line of one of the mini restaurants in the food court. This chick is taking forever!

After what seemed like an eternity, the woman finally ordered. “I’ll just have the chicken sandwich,” she said to the cashier. I silently thanked God.

The woman moved out of my way, and I stepped forward, seeing the overly handsome young cashier. I gave him a once-over. He had blue eyes, blond hair. Would it be wrong if I said his Chick-Fil-A uniform made him look sexy?

“Hello,” he greeted me with a bright smile. “What will you like to order today?” he asked.

Scanning over the menu above, I picked what the previous customer had chosen: a plain chicken sandwich. But you can’t go to Chick-Fil-A without getting a milkshake too, right?

“Okay, that’d be seven thirty-nine.”

I shuffled through my pocket, and retrieved a ten dollar bill. “Here you go!” I chirped as I handed the money to him.

He pressed a button on the cash register, opening the drawer. He handed me my change, but I shook my head in protest. He raised a questioning eyebrow. “Keep it,” I told him.

He smiled at me. “Thanks.”

“No problem.” I returned his smile. Going down the line, I waited patiently for my food, glancing back at the cashier a few times.

“Excuse me, ma’am.” I blocked out the sound, finding it annoying as I continued to look at the wonderful boy standing behind the counter. The voice coughed and tried again, “Ma’am!”

The cashier turned his head to me, causing my cheeks to warm up. I turned to the other person who was trying to gain my attention. “Yes?” I asked. Whoa, this guy was hot too! I need to visit this place more often. Where are all the ladies? Is this place only filled with guys?

“Your food,” the guy stated. I was about to walk off after taking my food, but a warm hand wrapped around my forearm. I turned back to him, eyebrows raised. “You need to stop making googly eyes at my boyfriend.”

My eyes widened. Boyfriend? “Uh. . .” Was all I could utter.

“Yeah, he’s gay. Now go find someone else to eye rape.” He shooed me away, leaving me confused and kind of pissed that both of those amazingly hot guys were gay. I walked off, bag in one hand, cookies n’ cream milkshake in the other.

I frowned as I made my way back to my family in the waiting area. Only a couple more minutes until boarding time. I can’t wait to get on the plane! All this walking around is beginning to make my feet hurt! I hate airports.

“Oohh!! You got Chick-Fil-A!? Let me have some!” Danielle yelled, turning a few heads our way.

“Calm yourself. And no, you can’t have any. This is mine!” I told her. 

“Not even a little bite?” she asked.

 “No.” I pulled my sandwich out of the bag and began eating it.

“Come on, Alex. Time to board,” Dad said. Ugh, I just started eating too! Gathering my stuff, I stood up and made my way to the plane.

I took my seat which was by a window. I love sitting by the window because then I can watch as everything turns microscopic and eventually disappears as we reach the clouds.

Danielle had a seat next to me, in the middle, while Peyton had the last seat next to the isle. This was going to be one long plane ride. But really, what can you expect when you’re flying across the country? That the trip will only take two minutes? Pfft, yeah right.

My mom and dad were somewhere in First Class with Kyle. Who leaves they’re children alone while they enjoy themselves in nice comfortable seating with cup holders? My parents.

What happened to all of our pets, you ask? I have no idea, go ask my parents. Knowing them, the probably just filled up their food and water bowls and left them like that. They’re so terrible.

The mini TVs on the back of the seats turned on, and the tutorial for “flight safety” came on. Do you find it weird that I know every word by heart in this short video? Blah, blah, where your seatbelt when the light is on. . . Common sense, we know.

I’m pretty sure we’ve all been on a plane before. Well, most of us.

When the tutorial went off, the announcements came on through the invisible speakers. We will be taking off in ten minutes. The last few people were filing into the plane, placing small suitcases and bags overhead, and taking their seats.

I pulled out my book and began reading it. Two pages later, I was bored and we were about to take off.  Danielle was beaming, smiling from ear to ear.

“Alex, we’re about to take off! Oh my gosh, I love this part!” she squealed in excitement. Danielle gets way too excited when the plane takes off. She says, and I quote, “It makes me feel like I’m flying, like I’m Superman or something.”

She’s an odd one.

“Yes, Danielle, we are about to—” I was cut off as the plane began to move, heading towards the runway. I watched through the window as the plane picked up speed.

And then we were up in the air. It felt so weird. Danielle was clapping her hands, yelling all kinds of nonsense like a little kid who just got off a roller coaster.

This is the crazy chick that I am proud to call my best friend.

* * *

Five hours.

I had been on that plane for five hours. I had three bottles of water, but was too much of a clean freak to use the dirty bathroom on the plane. Sure, I zoned out for three hours of the trip, but the other two hours were terrible.

Flight attendants asking me if I was hungry or thirsty every two minutes, babies crying somewhere near me, that annoying little boy kicking at the back of my seat, the grandma two rows ahead with the perfume that’s way too strong, and most of all the fourteen year old girl—the one that is somehow related to me—that keeps asking if we are almost there every ten seconds.

Somewhere along the way, my both of my legs fell asleep, and when we landed, I had a few issues in the “trying to stand up” department. When I could actually feel my legs again, it felt nice to stretch them a bit. Danielle was snoring loudly, a small trail of drool on her chin.

“Dani, wake up.” I prodded at her face with my finger, poking her cheek. “Danielle. . .? Are you dead?”

She woke up with a snort, followed by a punch flying my way. Luckily, I dodged it. “What? Where am I? How did I get here!?” she questioned. Her eyes went wide in realization. “Did we land yet?”

I nodded firmly. “Yeah, we did like ten minutes ago. Get up. Oh, and next time you wake up, don’t try to kill someone.”

Dani rubbed her right eye tiredly, and wiped her chin. “Sorry about that.” She yawned before standing up. Most of the people in front of us were gone, except for the people who were getting their belongings from above.

“Where’s Peyton?” Danielle asked as she noticed the empty seat next to her.

“She probably went to go meet my parents. They’re all probably out there waiting for us now. Go,” I demanded. She nodded, grabbing her purse off of the floor. I shifted my bag up higher onto my shoulder and followed Danielle down the long isle.

By back hurt, and I was really tired. What time is it anyways? I fished my phone out of my bag, checking the time. It’s only ten AM?

What? I was on the plane for five hours! It should be around one or something! Then it hit me; there’s a three hour time difference. It felt like three hours of my life were just given back to me, kind of. Oh gosh, when will this jet lag wear off? I shrugged making my way out of the plane.

Once back to my family, I shoved my phone into my back pocket and we all headed towards the baggage claim. The airport here was slightly different from the one back in Miami. There was the same basic look, but it just felt different, I guess.

I can’t believe we made it to California.

California. . . . Where Jake lives. I had been so preoccupied today, I hardly even thought about Jake as the day passed by. I wonder if I’ll actually see him. Gosh, I can’t believe all of this happened in less than two months. I met Jake by accident, we become friends, and now I’m in California, thinking about if I’ll actually meet him?

What happened to one of the most important rules you’ll learn as a kid: never talk to strangers? Like that matters now.

We made it to the baggage claim in a couple of minutes. I stood silently as I waited for my three bags, the bright colored ones that stood out amongst the others — other than Danielle’s bags, that is.

All of her bags were neon yellow, bright and flashy. You’d be able to spot her luggage ten miles away.

Danielle stood next to me, talking to herself about what she would do if she saw a unicorn trotting across a rainbow. Suddenly she stopped muttering. I looked up at her to see if she was okay. Her eyes were as round as saucers.

“Danielle?” I snapped my fingers in front of her face.

Her mouth was practically touching the floor as she gawked ahead. I looked in the direction she was staring at, but I didn’t see anything.

“Danielle what are you. . .” And that’s when I saw what she was staring at. My bag fell off of my shoulder, meeting my jaw on the floor.

Oh. My. God.

Hello, there! I hope you like this one =) This time, instead of doing first person gets a dedication, It will be FIFTH PERSON to comment gets a dedication xD And From now on, you can't get a dedication two times in a row, so if you got it the first time again, the second person would get it =) OH! And can I get 15 votes? Fifteen votes til next upload xD BYE!

         ~Storylover11~

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

111K 5K 55
ငယ်ငယ်ကတည်းကတစ်ယောက်နှင့်တစ်ယောက်မတည့်တဲ့ကောင်လေးနှစ်ယောက်ကအလှလေးတစ်ယောက်ကိုအပြိုင်အဆိုင်လိုက်ကြရာက မိဘတွေရဲ့အတင်းအကြပ်စီစဉ်ပေးမှုကြောင့်တစ်ယောက်အပေါ...
159K 5.8K 61
An Indian brother-sister/family story. The Singhania family is the most prestigious family in the country. Together, they seemed to be invincible...
37.8K 1.6K 18
"Show me somethin' different once, I come from where there's no love." COPYRIGHT 23. #1 ATLANTA 05/01/2024 🏆
535K 48.4K 34
𝙏𝙪𝙣𝙚 𝙠𝙮𝙖 𝙠𝙖𝙧 𝙙𝙖𝙡𝙖 , 𝙈𝙖𝙧 𝙜𝙖𝙮𝙞 𝙢𝙖𝙞 𝙢𝙞𝙩 𝙜𝙖𝙮𝙞 𝙢𝙖𝙞 𝙃𝙤 𝙜𝙖𝙮𝙞 𝙢𝙖𝙞...... ♡ 𝙏𝙀𝙍𝙄 𝘿𝙀𝙀𝙒𝘼𝙉𝙄 ♡ Shashwat Rajva...