IMPERFECTION (AN INTERCULTURA...

By Simplicity_writes

Imperfection is the story of Anuoluwapo.A young energetic Yoruba lady who is full of life, she's independent... More

Journey
Preparation
Mrs. azim
August visitor
I'll be your girlfriend
First visit
First weekend
Best Man Ever
Suprise ! yet surprised
Hidden Emotions
Ameera
Who is Khalifa ?
The big question
Greatest fear
Unexpected guest
Assurance
That's my man
Finally!
Planning my wedding
Engagement ceremony.
Kunshi
Kamu
Wedding Dinner
Matrimony/ Budan Kai unveiling of bride
White wedding
Khalifa, the total package
Cupid
Pampered
Signs.
Expectance
Short lived.
Our love life
💞💞💞
occurred
Curiosity
Trouble in paradise
Not mine
Laugh last
D's Identity
Months later
New arrival
Motherhood
Changes
Shattered
Bonus chapter ( Khalifa's POV)
Mi familia perfecta
Afterward
Karma
Baecation
Bonus chapter; Zahra's wedding
Finale
Epilogue
Cast
Appreciation/Announcement
Bonus chapters or Not
Bonus chapter (1)

Mine

2K 239 5
By Simplicity_writes

It has almost been two weeks since I had that argument with Khalifa. I have refused to see him even though he tried to talk to me whenever he visits.  I avoid him in every possible way, sometimes I leave the house.  He left messages for me, asking to speak with me but I turned deaf hears to all that. The only reason he's allowed in the house is the twins.

So this weekend, my grandmother would be celebrating her 70th birthday in a grand style. It's a huge party and the party would be taking place in lagos. ..

Ever since the twins were born, they have never traveled out of the Abuja. It was quite stressful for them when we landed.

We stayed in my parents house. The twins slept with me while Bala and Sarah shared Bose my mom's maid room.  We arrived Lagos  Tuesday night. The party is tomorrow Saturday.  

Preparation has been going on for months. Mummy Abuja also traveled down to Lagos . She arrived yesterday.
Khalifa was also invited. My mom felt it was important he was present. Regardless of the situation, he's still family. Salamat would have attended but she had things to attend to also. Aazim's family also have an occasion tomorrow so she has to be there.

The party spirit is in the air. Not that we're cooking or anything because that has already been handled by the caterers.  We were just having fun in our on way. Music playing but not too loud. She munched on some snacks and fruit wine and enjoyed in preparation for the next day.

I strapped Iman to my back with a wrapper. She's been cranky all day for no reason. Her brother is having fun , laughing and dancing along with the music.

I suggested we fried more prawn crackers since my youngest Brother was craving for some and I also wouldn't mind . I went into the kitchen and started with the preparation.  I wasn't planning on doing much so it wouldn't waste.

Just as I was trying the second set, my mom walked in to pick another cubes if blocks because my dad needed  them. She passed by me and took out of the already made prawns. She tried playing with Imran but she flinched her off.  Balaraba came into the kitchen , she moved closer to me, saw my mom and was reluctant to tell me something. She finally whispered it into my ear

"What is he doing here.  Why did he come here!!" I yelled.

"I don't know ma. He's just asked to see you and the twins"

"Tell him to leave now... What nonsense "

"What is going on " my mom asked.

"Khalifa is here asking to see me...can you imagine " my mom sighed. 

"My dear please leave us for a minute. Don't tell him anything, just step outside" she said to Balaraba who did as she was told.  "Anuoluwapo what is wrong with you.  For years this man left without looking  back, now he's back and you're pushing him away what more do you want "

"He has hurt me in the most unimaginable way a man can hurt his wife. How can you expect me to forgive him ", ..

"This man has realized his mistake, he's sorry for what he did. Just give him a chance   at least for the twins. They need a real family. They are still quitege young. They need the love of both parents. They need a real family. You know what I want from you now. Leave this thing you're doing, Bose would continue. Take your children and go and meet your husband , their father.  Please just do that for me ... Joor oko mi" I sighed shaking my heart.

Tears threatened to spill out but I held it in still shaking my head. Khaifa is lucky my mom was here, in only seeing him because of her.  I nodded. Went out of the kitchen,

Imran was playing with my dad when I got outside. I picked him up and headed out of the compound where khalifa was. I saw his car parked outside. The door opened and he stepped out.  I stood waiting for his actions. He went over to the passengers seat and opened the door. ..

"Please come in ", he begged quietly. I hesitate but thought against it. I went over to him. He Collected imrab from me. I loosened the wrapper and carried Iman on my arms. She became a little bit cranky and started crying.  I entered and the cool Ac landed on my skin. I sat and tried to calm her down. Khalifa closed the door and went over to his side. He got in and closed the door also.

" Hi " he stated. I just nodded not answering him. Imran was causing enough troubles for me " give her here, let me try to calm her down. " I habded Iman to him while he handed inran to me.

As soon as he carried her, she stopped crying. He held her on to her chest singing slowly to her. She placed her hands on his ears playing with it. And that is a sign she's about to sleep.  Imran was being impatient. He wanted to grab every possible thing in the car.

"Ahmed why are you here " I asked.  He turned to me.

" I wanted to see the children. I haven't seen them in days. I came into Lagos this afternoon and I miss them so badly so I thought of coming over to see them. I also wanted to see you "

I scoffed *

"Baby I understand you're still upset with me but please you don't have to avoid me like a plague. Please that shit hurts like hell "

"Oh so you finally know how it feels. " He sighed.

"Habibty I am sorry for everything. I would never mean to hurt you purposely. Look I ended things with Doyin already.  Please...."

"And you expect that would make me feel better. Youre so pathetic. I don't even know why I cane out here "

" I know there nothing I can do to rectify what I did. I just want you to forgive me. I realise my mistake and and I'm sorry. I promise to make this right. Just give me a chance, give this family a chance.   Please ... I'm begging you in the name of the Almighty "  Iman was already fast asleep. Imran is still wide awake playing with every possible thing he could place his hands on.

A tear slipped out of my eyes, the thought of everything he put me through just kept bringing tears out.  "Why did you have to ruin what we had. We were almost perfect. I loved you Ahmed, I devoted my whole life to you.  I left everything just to be with you without thinking. I left my family and friends just for you.  I gave you everything.  Ahned you were everything I wanted. I wanted nobody else but you. Why did you have to ruin everything " I sobbed quietly as I spoke. Imran was surprised to see me crying. He kissed me continuously. I cracked a smile. He's so sweet.  Ahmed wasn't even paying attention to us. He held his head down deep in his though. I need answers, I just need to know.

"Don't stay quiet now, I need answers,, I need to know what I did wrong. I need to know  where I have failed as a wife.  What did I do wrong n please tell me Was I not good enough for you. " He lifted his head Swiftly

"Please don't say that. Please. You're more than enough for me..."

"Then why did you have you hurt me so bad... Something has to be wring somewhere. I had to have done something for you to change towards me all of a sudden"

" I swear it, you did nothing wrong. I myself can't explain what got into me.  Its like I was being hypnotised . I can't account for my actions. I'm so sorry for hurting you. Just forgive me please... Please habibty "

" Do you still love me Ahmed " I asked the dreaded question.

Without hesitation he answered " I never stopped loving you Habibty .. not for once. You're and would forever be the love of my life. Just give us a chance. Please"

"I don't know Ahmed,I'm scared. "  He placed his hands on my cheeks.  Imran is starting to fall asleep.  " You have nothing to be scared of, everything would be perfect from now on. I'm still the same khalifa you fell in love years ago.  Look at me baby ". I turned my face to him. He was starting right into my eyes

" I love you.   I want you ..  you and my kids, I need you guys. Please. .. just  accept me back. Please ".  He moved closer and planted a kiss on my lips. 

His lips on mine feels so divine. It's been months since we I've last kissed him and it still has the same effect on me. I miss him so badly.  He seeked for entrance and I gave him. It turned into a French kiss. Imran stirred in his sleep which made us break our kiss.  He placed his hands beside my face

" I love you Habibty. I love you so much " I cracked a smile. " I love you too"

"Why don't you come with me to dolphins  estate to spend the night. The twins can come along also. "

" Not tonight again. Preparations is going on. Already. I nfact would you like to join us inside "

"Nah I'm okay here, your company is all I need now. I'm contented having you and the twins here " I smiled. I miss Ahmed so much. We talked about other stuffs for hours before he left.

The next day at the party, we talked and vibed, iman stayed with him all through, she wouldn't let anyone else carry her except her dad.  He was meant to travel back on that same day at night but he waited till Sunday so we could all travel back to Abuja.

Khalifa treated me with complete care all through. Actung like we just got married again. He was so sweet and patient with me

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

135K 12.4K 58
Book one in the Dantata Series She joked about getting a husband at the wedding. He was the groom's cousin. They say some love stories start when you...
176K 16.4K 73
Highest Ranking..../22-03-2020/ #2 in Nigeria #1 in Maryam #1 in Kareem #5 in Wattpad banters #16 in Muslimah #25 in Spiritual #41 in Watty #84 in Mi...
32.7K 3.7K 25
Love is a strong feeling of affection, idolization, adulation, endearment and adoration. Love is happiness and love is delight. As a young Muslimah...
62.6K 6.7K 72
Sakeena Ibrahim Abdulmaleek; Fierce, bold, challenging and brave. Never thought her life will turn out that way. At the age of fourteen, her life cha...