Strangers || j.h.

By rowdysgirlxo

"What we feel started way before we ever touched..." -cover created by @mahgahdahling More

intro
chapter one
chapter two
chapter three
chapter four
chapter five
chapter six
chapter seven
chapter eight
chapter nine
chapter ten
chapter eleven
chapter twelve
chapter thirteen
chapter fourteen
chapter fifteen
chapter sixteen
chapter seventeen
chapter eighteen
chapter nineteen
chapter twenty-one
chapter twenty-two
chapter twenty-three
chapter twenty-four
chapter twenty-five
chapter twenty-six
chapter twenty-seven
chapter twenty-eight
chapter twenty-nine
chapter thirty
chapter thirty-one
sequel

chapter twenty

9.5K 94 15
By rowdysgirlxo

"Hey, hey, hey." Case's voice called me from my haze. "You okay?"

"I'm great!" I yelled.

"Jack's gonna kill us." Matt said.

"Shut up, she's fine." Case said, putting his beer down and standing up.

"Let's go, I think that's enough for you." Case smiled, wrapping his arm around me and helping me walk outside.

"I'm gonna call for a ride." Case said as he sat me on the curb.

"Call Trevor, or Alex!" I said.

"How about Jack?" Matt asked. "His location says he's been driving around all night."

"No, no, no. I don't want to see him, I don't want him to know I was like this, call anyone but Jack." I said.

"Call Turcs." Matt said, sitting beside me as I rested my head on his shoulder.

I woke up to two strong arms lifting me off the curb.

"Jack?" I asked.

"It's Trevor. It's okay, we're gonna get you home." Trevor said.

"I can't go home like this Trevor, my parents will flip. I need to go somewhere else, please. Please." I whined.

"Okay, okay. Let's get Case and Boldy home then we'll deal with you, okay? Just relax." Alex said, holding the door open for Trevor and I to get in the back.

"Thank you. You guys mean everything to me." I said, resting my head in Trevor's lap before I quickly fell asleep.

~

I felt sunlight on my face and woke up on Marley's bedroom floor.

"Good morning sunshine." She smiled.

"Oh god," I said, holding my head. "What the hell happened last night?"

"I don't know, I was home watching movies with Jamie and Nick when Alex called me freaking out saying he had you and didn't know what to do." Marley explained. "You have a visitor."

"What?" I asked and Marley pointed to the front window.

I jumped up and peeked through the curtains to see Jack's car parked in her driveway.

"He's been here since 7AM. " Marley smiled, tossing me a big hoodie.

"Oh boy." I said, yanking it over my head before jogging down Marley's stairs and out the front door.

When Jack noticed me he quickly stood off the hood of his car and started walking up to the path. My arms were crossed over my chest as we approached each other in silence.

"Hi," He said once he was right in front of me.

"Hi."

"These are for you." Jack smiled as he handed me a bouquet of daisy's.

"Oh, Jack. They're beautiful, how did you know daisy's are my favorite?" I asked.

"Brady likes me a little." Jack laughed. "Look, I want to apologize. I should have been honest about the Chelsea thing, and I should have told her about you. I should have said to leave me alone because I am completely and totally in love with you, Peyton Elizabeth Cane."

"I'm sorry I was so harsh." I started.

"Wait, I'm not done." Jack said. "I'm sorry about the way I reacted to Trevor, too. He was doing the right thing when I wasn't and he was looking out for you. Alex too, I shouldn't have told you that you couldn't go with them. I was just worried you were going to realize that Trevor is better than me because I'm a jerk and a tool and douche and I'm so sorry."

"Jack, no one is better than you." I said pushing his floppy hair off his face. "I love you, okay? No matter how much of a jerk, or a tool, or a douche you can be."

"Really?" He asked.

"Yes." I said.

"Can I kiss you now?" He asked.

"You better." I smiled.

Jack leaned in and kissed me passionately before hugging me tightly. The two of us stayed like this for a while just holding onto each other and it was nice.

"Now, you wanna tell me what the hell you were doing with Case and Boldy last night?" Jack asked.

"Uhh-" I trailed off.

"You coming in for breakfast bozos or you gonna stand on the lawn and swallow each other?" Marley yelled from her front door.

"Saved by the yell." I grinned kissing Jack's face quickly before running off toward Marley, hearing him scoff behind me to hide a giggle before following me.

"You just saved my ass."  I whispered to Marley as I passed her.

"What?" Marley laughed. "From what?"

"Jack wants to know how I ended up with Case and Matt at a football party." I whispered to her.

"Oh no no no, that simply will not do." Marley grinned, just as Jack caught up to us in the doorway.

Marley closed the door and linked her arm through Jack's, leading him to the kitchen.

"So Hughes, pick your poison? Waffles, pancakes, bacon and eggs? Breakfast burrito? Maybe a crepe?" Marley rambled.

"Jeez, you got a kitchen staff Jones?" Jack laughed.

"No, we have a Peyton." Marley said.

"You can cook all that?" Jack asked me, walking around the island to be on the same side as me.

"I dabble." I smiled, pulling out pans from Marley's cabinets.

"Marley?" Alex's voice called from the front hall.

"Ah, to not be a third wheel anymore." Marley smiled, running to the front door to greet her man.

"My girl can play hockey, keep up with boys, and cook?" Jack asked, wrapping his arms around my waist from behind me and kissing my neck.

"Like I said, I dabble." I smiled leaning into him.

"Oh you dabble?" He laughed, spinning me around to face him, tickling me and making me laugh as he pulled me closer.

Right as Jack's lips laid over mine things started to heat up when I heard little feet and pushed Jack off, sending him across the kitchen. He looked at me confused until Marley's kid brother turned the corner of the island and threw himself at me.

"Oh! Hey little man!" I smiled hugging him close to me as I caught him.

"Hi Peyton," Chris giggled as his tiny arms wrapped around my neck.

"What have you been up to? How's kindergarten treating you?"  I asked as I plopped him in his green dinosaur jammies on the counter.

"It's fun, I like it a lot." Chris told me. "Are you making pancakes?"

"That depends, do you want pancakes?" I smiled, pressing my nose right to his making him giggle.

"I want pancakes." Alex said from the doorframe, holding Marley's hand.

"Alex!" Chris yelled, jumping off the counter and running around to tackle Alex.

"Help me, Jack! He's got me!" Alex yelled, backing up down the hall with Chris latched onto the front of his body.

"I'll save you buddy!" Jack yelled running to them.

"Chris really likes Alex, huh?" I asked Marley.

"Adores him, I'm pretty sure Alex only comes here to play superheroes with Christopher." Marley laughed.

"That's good, I'm glad Alex is good with him. I see how happy he makes you, so I'm really glad he gets along with your family." I smiled.

"You too babe," Marley agreed. "So where'd we land on breakfast?"

"No one's given me an answer, so I'm going with a little bit of everything. In which case, I need a sous-chef." I laughed, tossing a spatula at Marley.

"Where do you want me?"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

252K 2.1K 56
what happens when the love of your life is right in front of you but you didn't know it?? [completed & edited] © luvelyjimin 2017
125K 913 43
"It's just a kiss right?" "Unless you want it to be more." {Afterglow Book Two}
417K 3.7K 57
where a 19 year old gets a job position for her favorite hockey team and is faced with a challenge.
31.3K 402 10
"Does this feel fake to you?"