The Mafia Kidnapped Me

Від the_creative_maggie

When the death of her father leaves an innocent woman vulnerable in the twisted war between two Mafias, will... Більше

D E D I C A T I O N
(1) When It All Started.
(2) Their First Meeting.
(3) Being Lady Pamela.
(4) The gala - I
(5) The gala - II
(6) Daffodils.
(7) Desire For The Devil.
(8) Catching Feelings?
(9) The Funeral.
(10) The Art Of Locking Lips.
(11) The Break Up.
(12) An Ancient Statue.
(14) Trip Down Memory Lane.
(15) CEO, King Pharmaceuticals.
(16) Friend Slash Brother Slash Cousin.
(17) Under Lock And Key.
(18) Realization.
(19) Racing Towards Imprisonment.
(20) Underground Safe House.
(21) Passionately Locking Lips.
(22) Confessions.
(23) A Gruesome Scene.
(24) Revelations.
(25) Another break up?
(26) Goodbyes.
(27) Where Is Bull?
(28) Are You Okay?
(29) Let's Get Married.
(30) The Mafia Married Me.
(31) Never Leave Me.
(32) Pray For Me.
(33) The Backup Plan.
(34) Something To Live For.
(35) Call The Cops.
(36) The 911 Call.
(37) I'm Bull.
(38) The Invasion - I
(39) The Invasion - II
(40) Final Episode.
Author's Note.
MARRIED TO THE MAFIA.

(13) The Shoot Out.

17.3K 551 134
Від the_creative_maggie

Pamela didn't understand what was happening. It was all happening in a blur. The way Devlin had commanded her to come with him would've seemed insulting to any woman but she had found herself giving him her hand and letting him lead her out the door to his car, which was guarded by four guards, Cody included.

It wasn't until Cody started the car that she came to her senses. Devin's hands were still twisted around her arms in a strong grip. She tried to yank it off.

"Get your hands off, you're obstructing blood circulation." She said angrily at him.

Naturally, he ignored her.

Pamela tried again. "Devlin I said -"

"I heard what you said and it will do everyone a whole lot of good if you shut up." He snarled, not glancing at her. His eyes were on the road.

Pamela remembered telling him that she hated being told to shut up but she decided to ignore him, just this once. "I need to know what is going on. Why did you come to my house all of a sudden -" Then Pamela recalled the black vans. "And why were black vans following me?"

If he had heard her, he gave no indication. His other hand that wasn't around her arm - and really obstructing blood circulation - was tightened around his gun. Pamela shivered at the sight of a gun.

"So it's true." His voice was cool and dangerously calm.

Pamela thought he was talking to her. "What?"

"Yes, boss. It's true." Replied Cody who was behind the wheel. "Bull sent his agents to watch the lady."

Devlin let out a string of cringe-worthy curses. "How could you have been so lax?" He was speaking quietly but Cody was shivering from the driver's end.

"It won't happen again, boss. I swear it."

"What's going on?" Pamela asked. "Devlin please tell me."

"Your life is in danger that's what is going on!" He snapped.

"So you sent your black monstrous vans to protect me?" she asked sarcastically. "Well, read my lips; I DO NOT NEED YOUR PROTECTION! I am fine on my own and will survive."

He ignored her and kept staring out the window and Pamela thought he wouldn't reply but seconds later, he did.

"I'd rather not."

"What?"

"Read your lips, that is." He turned to look at her and her cheeks flamed. It worsened when his gaze fell on her lips.

"Can you ease your grip? Please?"

He did and resumed his look through the side window. Pamela wondered what exactly he was looking at, as the car was moving at full speed and so whatever it was that they were passing would literarily be in a blur.

"I was terrified when I saw the vans." She said, hating the silence. "Next time when you start having ridiculous ideas that I'm in danger, visit or better still call. Just don't trail me with black vans."

He scowled at her. "I didn't trail you. I'm not the enemy, remember?"

"Everything you do could be just for show, so I don't believe you, and neither do I trust you."

He completely let go of her. "I don't give two shits about your trust issues. Just keep your mouth shut, I need to think."

"I hate it when I am told to -"

Suddenly, there was a loud explosive sound that rocked the jeep. With a settling feeling of dread, Pamela identified it.

Gunshot.

Devlin cursed and corked his gun. The corking of other guns reverberated in the car. Pamela started to fidget.

Death. Blood. Shootings.

There was another shot at the car and then another. Devlin grabbed her arms again and this time it was tighter than before. She clutched at him, fear and panic threatening to paralyze her.

"Oh my God, what's happening?" She asked, her heart pounding in terror. Tears started to fill her eyes but she didn't want him to see them. "Oh God, not again."

"Stay calm, the car is bulletproof."

That did little to calm her. The bullets kept on raining down on them and It was terrifying for her but Devlin was very calm as if nothing could rattle him. She started to sob.

"Faster, Cody."

Cody hit the gas pedals and the car started moving at an alarming speed. All of a sudden, there was a large explosion from below the car, and the jeep bounced and jerked left and right. This time, Pamela couldn't help it; she screamed at the top of her lungs. Cody struggled to get a hold of the car.

"Fuck!" Devlin cursed loudly.

"The tire sir! The tire has been shot at." One of the guards announced.

"What?" Pamela shrieked. "Oh God no." She started to sob hysterically.

It would have surprised her when Devlin pulled her close, trying to calm her as the car jerked to and fro, but the situation didn't let her feel his warmth and protection. She was scared shitless.

"Call for backup, now!" Devlin commanded and one of the guards spoke into a device.

"Local man is down, I repeat local man is down. Requesting for backup."

There was a glitch, then a voice spoke. "Mayday, Mayday, the team is setting up the perimeter now, requesting for backup."

It was as if they were using a police radio. "Requesting support code 55632146987 do you read me?"

"Roger that sir. Sending alpha team 3 for backup. Alpha team 3 do you copy?"

More glitch. Then another voice from the device.

"Copy that. Alpha team 3 approaching location."

Pamela was too hysterical to care, but a little part of her wondered why the mafia boys were using communication words that air force officials use.

It was at that moment the car rammed into a tree and stopped. The impact of the crash wasn't felt from behind, but Cody and the guard who sat beside him both fell silent; Cody's head was on the stirring wheel while the guard's head was beside him on the dashboard.

"Are they dead?" Pamela asked quietly, too frightened to tell herself the answer to the question.

Devlin ignored her and kicked the car door open. He stepped out, the other remaining two guards too, and Pamela followed suit. They were on a bridge and ever since the shootout started, another vehicle hadn't passed. That made Pamela feel worse. There was nobody to call the cops to save them.

He gave her a killer glare. "Stay. Behind. Me."

Pamela nodded dumbly. She knew more than to argue in such a dangerous situation. The three men stood ready with their guns. Soon enough, the van that was attacking them appeared. But not without their signatory gunshots.

Devlin and his guards fired back, ducking behind the car to block the opponents' shots.

It was a terrible moment for Pamela. Her ears were ringing from gunfire and she started to have tunnel vision of the bullets. Also, time seemed to slow down, like she was in a vacuum. The adrenaline pump she was having was momentous, making her shake like a leaf.

Pamela turned sharply when she heard a pained grunt. One of the guards had been shot.

"Shit!" Devlin cursed again and kept on firing.

The men in the black van alighted. They wore dark suits and masks. They were five, and Devlin had only one. The chances of survival were slim but the look of determination on Devlin's face was unwavering. There was more gunfire from the black van and Pamela knew they were having a stream of bad luck.

As if their bad luck wasn't enough, Devlin's guard's bullet finished and just as he was about to dig into his pockets for another gun, he was shot. He went down with a pain-filled grunt. Now outnumbered, Devlin ducked behind the car.

"Well, well, well," a voice said. "If it isn't the almighty Devlin. I didn't know you to be one who cowered."

From where they were crouched, Devlin cursed and made to stand but Pamela held him down. "No! Don't go!" She pleaded with tears in her eyes.

He yanked his hands from hers. "I never cower."

"He'll kill you!"

He turned away. "Then I die." He said those words coolly, his face expressionless and cold. But it only served to make Pamela shiver in fear.

Devlin stood then, his hands raised in surrender. "Here I am."

The other man laughed. "Oh, it's been so long, my dear friend."

"What do you want Bull? Why are you after me? What have I done to you?"

So this was Bull! Pamela wondered what a great contrast Devlin's cool voice was to Bull's happy and energetic voice. Happily evil. Pamela shuddered.

"Oh, my dear friend, you know what I want. Or should I say who?"

"You're no longer interested in making my life a living hell?"

"I got bored."

"Why do you want her?"

Her. Her. Pamela shivered again. Bull wanted her! She peeked from behind the car and saw that Bull still held his gun, and his other men too. They could kill Devlin anytime they liked. They could hurt him. She had no explanation as to why she cared, she just knew she did.

"That's my business. Get me the girl. Or should I say, Lady Pamela?"

With a sickening intensity, realization dawned on Pamela. This Bull was the one who had called her that morning when she was in Devlin's lair, he was also the one that had threatened her with her mother. She felt the heat of anger gently flood her face.

"I don't think she'll want to meet you. Given the chaos, you havocked the day King died." Devlin replied seethingly.

What? What was Devlin talking about?

"Oh, I had to do what I could to get her, you know. But you got here first. Also, you saved her father's corpse from me, hats out to you, I must say. I had no idea you were a worthy opponent."

Pamela slowly tried to grasp the meaning behind Bull's words and it dawned on her. Devlin wasn't the bad guy, after all, he was a nice, good, person who just wanted to help and save her. I mean, she'd known but had refused to believe it. She'd needed a reason to keep hating him and if thinking he was the bad guy was it, it had served its purpose.

It all made sense now. Bull had been the one who had attacked her home because he needed her for God-knows-what, and he had also stolen her father's corpse in exchange for her when he couldn't get her. It seemed Devlin had saved her. He had sent Cody and his other boys to rescue her before Bull got there. She remembered her mother saying that she'd asked Devlin for help. Little wonder she kept insisting that Devlin was good. Little wonder the cops let him go. Devlin had helped her all along. He was good.

Guilt and regret trickled through her as she thought of how rude she'd been to Devlin. He'd tried so hard to keep her and her mother safe and had even helped her lay her dad to rest, yet all she did was doubt him. She sighed and peeked at him, promising to apologize to him if they survived the ordeal.

She peeked again, but this time at the masked man, and saw that he was aiming a gun at Devlin.

"Now, dear friend, where is she?"

"I am not your friend, and I am not telling you anything about her."

"No? I could kill you without batting an eyelid."

"I don't care."

"You should, dear friend. Now for the last time, where is she?"

"She is right here." Pamela stood suddenly without thinking.

Devlin gasped in shock, then became furious. "What are you doing?!"

Pamela ignored him. "Please lower your gun."

Bull came forward, his gun lowered. He whistled. "Goodness, pictures don't do you any justice. What a mighty pleasure to meet you, my lady."

"What do you want from me?"

Bull corked his head to the side and Pamela felt a strange sense of Deja Vu, like she knew him, or maybe been with him somewhere in the past.

"If you will follow me to my van, I'll tell you, my lady." He mock-bowed.

"She will not." Devlin snarled, looking angry enough to snap Bull's neck.

"What will happen to him?" she pointed at Devlin.

"He's a threat," Bull said simply. He didn't need to elaborate, it was clear as day what he would do: shoot Devlin.

"I'll come with you –"

"You will do no such thing!" Devlin growled.

Pamela raised her voice above his. "If you let Devlin live."

"Kill me, you bastard. Just do it!"

Bull chucked. "I have to honor his wishes, dear lady." He aimed at Devlin.

"I'll come with you. Just lower your gun, please." Pamela moved further from where Devlin stood and edged closer to Bull and his men.

"Pamela. Don't." Devlin warned. His eyes were bloodshot and his face was contorted in rage.

She ignored him, focusing on Bull. "Please."

Just as Bull lowered his gun, cars raced towards them, scattering dust everywhere. Pamela crouched on the floor in fear as they were momentarily disoriented and before Bull could fire his gun, Devlin fired his last shot at Bull. He missed but it sent Bull spiraling.

And before Bull could regain his balance, they were already surrounded by over fifty armed men. There was no way Bull was shooting that gun. No way he was going to overpower them.

One of the men walked up to Devlin and handed him another gun. Devlin, now once again in control aimed at Bull and his men.

"Die or surrender. It's your choice."

It seemed Bull chose the former as the shoot-out began again.

"Cover me!" Bull yelled at his men as he ran towards the van, speeding off. Unfortunately, not all the men made it, as two were hit and left behind.

Devlin walked up to her and led her to a waiting van and commanded his guards to capture Bull's men that were left behind.

It was all too much for Pamela to take in, so the moment she was inside the van, she sighed with relief. And for the fact that she had been terrified by the shootout, she was grateful that she was safe once again, and it was, ironically, all thanks to a certain kind-hearted mafia that had kidnapped her to save her life.

~

I suck at describing a shoot-out scene but I hope this was OK. Thank you for reading.

Don't forget to vote, comment with your thoughts, add to your library and reading list and share. Thank you.

Продовжити читання

Вам також сподобається

389K 8.2K 44
"I'm not going to hurt you." He took his hands off my waist and placed them on either side of my head. "I could never hurt you." He lowered his face...
2.2M 65K 75
"𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐒𝐇𝐎𝐔𝐋𝐃 𝐒𝐌𝐈𝐋𝐄 𝐌𝐎𝐑𝐄 𝐎𝐅𝐓𝐄𝐍, it's cute," I compliment draping my arms around his neck. "You think so?" He asks. "Yes, yes I...
My Boss Від Brie

Романтика

636K 13.7K 22
And there I stood, with my mouth wide open, my hands shaking, and my legs frozen. My boss looks up from his victim that is laying dead at his feet be...
Baronè Family | I Від wtf_omfg

Підліткова література

500K 10K 101
《EDITING - MANY CHAPTERS, BUT THEY ARE SHORT》 ________________________ A Story of two independent businesses. Getting their fates tied by their fathe...