Competing for the Dominant

Per Sara_Bryan_

Quinn has a problem. He's got a crush on Daniel Knight, the Head Dominant of The Muse Den. After almost two m... Més

Prologue
One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Fifteen
Sixteen
Seventeen
Eighteen
Nineteen
Twenty
Twenty-Two
Twenty-Three

Twenty-One

9.9K 399 37
Per Sara_Bryan_

Quinn

"Hey, honey! Heard you were getting your cast off today! Congratulations!" Catherine, the nurse who helped me while I was in the hospital the first time, came running around to hug me. I set one of the crutches to the side so I could hug her back.

"Where's Daniel? Did he leave you to park the car?"

"Yeah, but it's fine. I need a break from him anyway. He has been driving me crazy over the last month, but I'm glad to finally be getting the cast off,"

"Well, I'm not in charge of what happens to you today, but Jenny will be here in a second. Ah, here she is,"

Jenny came sprinting around a corner, holding a few pieces of paper, "Sorry. I accidentally switched papers. Come on, I'll get you a bracelet and then we can go to your room. Phew, I need to get a gym membership. Elevator had a patient in it and I had to take the stairs,"

"No worries. I am in only a partial rush today, but it's mainly to get this thing off," Jenny smiled and snapped on the bracelet just as Daniel walked in.

"I hate parking garages," he muttered and I shook my head, "Three stories up and there was still no parking. I'm on the fourth floor. Sorry, Quinn,"

🖤

While we waited, Daniel sat on the bed with me and held my hand. After the farmer's market party argument, we worked on compromising my independence and his need to help. We still fought, but they didn't lead to screaming matches anymore. Nonetheless, I was thankful to be getting the stupid cast off. No more wheelchair. No more crutches. It was going to be glorious.

I just wish my hair would grow faster. It was two different lengths and it was driving me nuts. It occurred to me a week ago that I would have to deal with an awkward haircut stage before I could get back to my long hair and that bummed me quickly.

"Quinn?" The door opened and Doctor Sanders' face popped up from the other side of the door, "Hello! How're we doing today?"

"Pretty good. Though, someone—"I nudged Daniel, "—isn't too happy about parking far away,"

Doctor Sanders snickered as Daniel rolled his eyes and moved to sit in the other chair. Doctor Sanders cleared his throat and looked through a couple of charts on his laptop. He typed a few things and sighed, "Alright, Quinn, it looks like everything is in order to get your cast off today, and from the looks of the X-Rays from last time, your leg has healed very well. Just a quick thing, you will be required to wear a small boot when you walk around. It's just to keep the leg straight and keeps the bone from fracturing again,"

"But no more crutches or wheelchairs, right?"

Doctor Sanders laughed and shook his head, "Technically no, but we do recommend not doing anything to stress it too much. Try to keep off of it as much as possible for the next couple weeks,"

"I can do that no problem. So, how does the cast come off? Are you guys going to have to put me under again?"

"No, no. We use this cast saw to cut it off. It doesn't hurt if it hits the skin either, see?" Doctor Sanders pressed the saw against his hand and shrugged, "So, any questions before we get the cast off?"

"I actually have one. Quinn and I are part of a special kind of club that involves sexual activities. When would you recommend Quinn being able to get involved again?"

Doctor Sanders frowned and I was pretty sure he was blushing slightly, "Ah, you know Mr. Knight, I don't know. I don't think I've been asked that question before. Um, so far as having, ahem, regular sex, I would definitely wait a week or so to give the bone extra time to finish healing. The muscles will be weak and will need time to adjust as well. If I understand what you're implying about the special club, I would say a month to a month and a half. I'm sure that's not the answer you wanted to hear, however, it's a precaution for the muscles and the bone itself,"

Daniel and I shared a look that promised to be a discussion for later.

Daniel

As soon as we got back into the car, Quinn reached over and kissed me. I was stunned for a second as he pulled away and bounced around like a little kid.

"I'm free!" He cheered and I had to chuckle. Quinn really had been miserable over the last few weeks and it was refreshing to see him smiling and acting a little more normal.

"I know you want to celebrate, and we will, but would you mind heading to the club with me real quick while I do some paperwork and order things since I haven't been there in a while,"

"As long as we can get lunch afterward, I'm cool with that,"

🖤

As soon as we got to the club, Quinn and I headed straight for the bathroom. Doctor Sanders had told us to wash off Quinn's leg before putting on the boot for the first time as it would probably smell from not being washed for over six weeks and he wasn't kidding. I had to roll the windows down on the way.

Quinn sat on the side of the tub while I washed his leg off. It was a difficult process, but we managed to get it done and dried. Despite Quinn 'being free', I still had him use a crutch while he walked so he wasn't putting too much pressure on his leg.

I set him up in one of the chairs while I sat down at my desk to begin my paperwork. Before I could really get started, however, there was a knock on my office door and I told whoever to enter. I looked up as the door swung open and I broke into a smile.

"Morgan!" I stood up and went around the desk. We shook hands and hugged each other. I hadn't seen Morgan in ages, but when he messaged me a month ago telling me he was moving here, I immediately set up a room for him.

"Hey, kaikaina. Look time no see,"

"Still speaking Hawaiian, I see. I could never grasp that,"

"Not even when we were in college, but what little you did know picked up guys pretty well," his gaze shifted to Quinn.

"Right, introductions. Morgan, this is my submissive, Quinn. Quinn, this is Master Morgan. He's a friend from college,"

Quinn bowed his head and said softly, "Nice to make your acquaintance, Master Morgan. I would stand up, but I just got my cast off today,"

"Nice to meet you too, Quinn. Congrats on getting your cast off. For future reference, I'm pretty laid back so you don't have to bow your head every time you see me. In fact, Daniel used to say I have no serious bone in my body," Quinn looked up at Morgan and giggled slightly.

I rolled my eyes and gestured for Morgan to take a seat, "So, your room is ready for you. Anything you need can be found here," I handed him a card from the store most of my club's members frequent. Thomas would love a new customer.

"Is one of the walls bare like we talked about?"

"Yup. Come on, I'll show you the room right now. Quinn, if anyone comes looking for me, I'll be in room fifteen,"

"Yes, Sir,"

I led Morgan down the hallway and punched a basic key code. I reminded Morgan he'd have to recode it to what he wanted. The room was equipped with basics as all rooms are. In one corner was for a wall of devices, completely new, and would need to be unpacked. In the middle was a stripped bed that Morgan could do what he wanted with it. Two of the walls were a deep blue with one brick wall and one white wall that Morgan said he wanted to paint himself.

"Looks good, Daniel. Thank you for putting all this together in short notice. I had to get out of North Carolina though. I'll get started on painting tomorrow and I'll get what I'll need today. Is the bathroom through there?"

I nodded and let him inspect it. There was a knock at the door and I turned to see Owen.

"Master Knight, um, I already told Ken this, but he said to tell you that—"

"Bathroom looks just fine and—oh, hello," Owen went red as he gaped at Morgan for a second. I cleared my throat and Owen turned to me before closing his mouth and bowing his head.

"Morgan, this is Owen. He is one of our newer bartenders. Owen, this is Master Morgan. He'll be taking over this room and will be in the V.I.P. section as well,"

In the same voice as Quinn, Owen said, "Nice to make your acquaintance, Master Morgan,"

"Do you have them all trained like that?"

"Yes. It's mandatory and respectful,"

"Huh, well Owen. It's nice to meet you too. Like I told Quinn, there's no need to be formal with me outside of club hours. I'm a laidback dude,"

"O–Okay,"

"You have a reason for coming in here, yes?" I prompted.

Owen seemed to get ahold of himself and he said, "Yes, right. Um, I'm not going to be able to work tonight. It's this party thing at my mom's diner and I can't miss it,"

"I understand. Thank you for telling me,"

"Owen? Hey, I was wondering where you went," Cale was behind Owen suddenly, wrapping his arms around Owen's waist and Owen once again blushed deeply.

"Cale!" He whined as Cale kissed him.

Morgan raised an eyebrow and turned to me, "Is this the Owen? The one that hit the Dom?" Owen froze and Cale scowled.

"How do you know about that?" He snapped and Morgan held up his hands.

"Ah, okay. My bad. Daniel told me a little about everyone here. That is obviously still a sore subject so I will avoid it like the plague. The name is Morgan,"

Cale stepped around Owen, still scowling but he shook Morgan's hand. Morgan smiled slightly and nodded his head to Cale and Owen.

"Are you moving in so to speak?" Cale asked and Morgan nodded.

"Yeah, I just moved here from North Carolina and Daniel and I were friends in college. Sort of kept in touch afterward and when I told him I was moving, he was kind enough to give me a room,"

"So, what do you do to pay for it?"

"I'm a tech analyst for big corporations. This room probably won't be used much because I move around for work, but it's nice to have for when I am here. I also paint and I've sold quite several pieces. The one of the ocean in Daniel's office is mine,"

Owen gaped again and shook his head, "You're kidding? That piece is gorgeous! I would love to have had something like that in my room for college,"

"College?"

"Owen is going to Culinary School starting at the end of the month. He was supposed to be moving, but Cale convinced him to stay close. Because he's going to be focusing on his classes, he won't be working here very much," I said and Morgan frowned.

"Well, that's a shame. You seem nice, Owen. Listen, if you want, I've got loads of paintings back at my apartment. You should come by and pick out a painting for your room,"

"Oh, no. I couldn't. Probably wouldn't be able to afford it anyway,"

"Money isn't an issue. How about until you leave, you can show me how things are done around here and I'll consider that payment enough,"

Owen turned to his Master, "Cale? Please? I know you don't like me talking with unfamiliar Doms and such but—"

"Don't worry Cale. You're free to join him in picking out a painting. As I said, I've got loads,"

Cale sighed and rubbed his eyes for a second, "Yeah, alright. That's fine,"

"Yes! Thank you, Cale!" Owen reached up and kissed Cale quickly before turning back to Morgan, "And thank you, Master Morgan! You have no idea how much this means to me!"

"Of course. Don't you have a party to go to?"

Owen jumped and thanked Morgan again before pushing Cale out of the room. They bumped into someone and Owen apologized on his way down the hall.

"Excuse me, Master Knight?"

"Yes, Zade?"

Zade stepped into the room and paused like Owen did when he saw Morgan. Oh dear.

Zade, although an amazing submissive and bartender, had a bit of a clingy personality. It started with me, then Master George, then someone else, and most recently Master Cale. He was a good person, but he didn't have luck in finding a Dom. I hoped he wouldn't repeat the pattern with Morgan.

I turned to Morgan to tell him who he was, but Morgan seemed frozen on the spot too. It was like watching one of those romantic scenes where the two love interests meet and stare at each other for hours.

Morgan stepped forward and said, "Hello, I'm—"

Zade was already out the door. Morgan turned to me and frowned. I told Morgan to wait here and I'd go see what that was about. I found Zade in the Submissive Changing room.

"Would you care to explain?"

Zade looked up and shrugged, "Sorry, Master Knight. I . . . He just looked so . . . so . . . I don't know why I ran. He was just so intimidating,"

I laughed. I didn't mean to laugh and I could tell it hurt Zade that I laughed, but I couldn't help it. I sat down next to him and said, "I'm sorry. It's just that I've known Morgan since college and I can assure you that he is in no way intimidating. Even when he's in Dom mode, he's less intimidating than most here at the club,"

Zade looked surprised, "But he's got giant fucking muscles! And did you see the scar? Or . . . Or the tattoos?"

"I was there when he got a few of the tattoos. I wasn't there for the scar though. I'm not sure how he got that actually. I don't remember. And yes, he does have giant fucking muscles. He's always been a health nut, worse than I am, and he likes going to the gym a lot. It's another way for him to let loose some stress,"

Zade didn't say anything for a while so I stood up, "Zade, you have nothing to be afraid of when it comes to Morgan. He might surprise you and you might end up liking him. Anyway, he's going to be moving into room fifteen soon and he will be a part of the VIP section, so make sure to pay attention to that,"

Zade nodded and I took my leave back to room fifteen where Morgan had tied his hair back into a bun and was drawing on the empty wall.

"Should I even be surprised you found a pencil and starting messing with that wall?"

"No, you shouldn't. Quinn gave me the pencil. I'm going to go buy paint supplies today. I already have an idea,"

"Of course you do. Well, I've got fans in storage if you need them," he waved me off and I rolled my eyes.

As I headed back to my office, I noticed Zade waiting by my door, "I forgot to tell you, Master Knight, but Ken wanted to inform you that everything was ready for Quinn's surprise party next week and to make sure you guys were definitely going to be here,"

I ushered Zade a little further away and nodded, "Yes, we'll be here. We've been given a sort of clear from the doctor. God, I hope he likes it,"

Zade smiled widely, "I think he will, Sir. We all put a lot of effort into it and Owen said he has the perfect menu prepared and a cake in the works,"

I shooed Zade away as my office door opened, "Hey, Zade!"

Quinn and Zade hugged each other and talked while I slipped back into my office to finish the paperwork. I really, really hoped Zade was right and that Quinn was going to be surprised. Especially with what I had waiting in the bottom drawer.

Guys!!!! I'm dead! I made a mistake! My mom and I were watching a show on my phone and she doesn't know much about these books cause she doesn't approve a lot of what I write. Anyway, I usually silence notifications when we're looking at my phone and I forgot to this time! She knows the title of ITTD and she's been really stiff when talking to me. I'm so done.

And in case anyone was wondering, my vacation was terrible. It could have been worse, but it definitely was not the vacation I had been hoping for. The only good part of the vacation was that I got to spend three days with my best friend who I haven't hung out with in months.

So, to the story! Only two more chapters left! I'm so happy to have almost finished another book! I honestly didn't think I was going to be able to finish the first one and now here I am with a sequel and a third book on the way!

Your support for the past two books has definitely helped a lot. So, thank you to all of you who read, vote, and comment. It's meant a lot to watch these books grow over the last two years and I'm very excited to begin book three!

Anyway, that's all the news I have for this week! I will see you guys next week with chapter twenty-two!!

Continua llegint

You'll Also Like

3.1M 105K 52
It was a routine ENT appointment gone very, very .... right?? **R** Book One of the Dominant Doctor Series. Some of the chapters are private due t...
3.4M 124K 88
Black Moon Series Book #2 Warning: #Mature #Gay #Office This story is a prequel to I was shooting for the Moon, I Hit Two Stars. I strongly recommend...
Cherished (bxb) Per Aubrey

Novel·la juvenil

623K 30.7K 30
[Book 1] Josh's life turned on its head when he met Gerald, a handsome man from the bar. The instant they met, something clicked. Despite all odds, J...
778K 38.1K 37
[Book 2] Jerry McQueen was a needy bottom and proud to admit it. However, even he couldn't deal with the attention of a very persistent older man. Je...