The Keeper's Tale {BTSxReader}

By TaeTae_lyfe

They witnessed her destruction, They were left to wonder why, She saw nothing but darkness, Though the stars... More

Character List
T e a s e r
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Epilogue
Character Q&A

Chapter 29

17.1K 1.4K 432
By TaeTae_lyfe

Hello, my darlings.

I hope you're having a great day/night and I hope that all of your dreams come true.

You're my favorite people.

I love you.

Enjoy!

////////////////////////////////////////////

Your eyes were wide as you stared at the large animal that was currently curled around your small frame, his large paw draped over your waist and his snout nuzzled into the nape of your neck, his deep breaths fanning over your skin.

Memories of last night came flooding into your mind, causing your body to tense up as you began to scan your surroundings.

From what little light the setting moon provided, you could tell that you were still in the same spot as last night, the two of you unmoving in your sleep. A new blanket of snow seemed to have fallen in the night, the pure snow covering the blood and bodies of the Red Knights that had lost their lives the night prior.

From the look of it, you could tell that it was probably around five in the morning...which meant the sun would be rising shortly.

The sound of a low growl caused you to tense, eyes blinking rapidly.

You watched as the great wolf stirred into consciousness, his mouth opening widely as he yawned, large canines on display for you.

You almost gasped when his bright blue eyes met yours, head tilting in, what seemed like, contentment as he began to rub his forehead against your cheek, large paws pulling you closer to him.

Despite the falling snow, you could only feel warmth as the wolf showed you unfiltered affection, his tongue darting out to lick the wound on your leg.  

You hesitantly pushed him away, propping yourself up on your elbows.

"I'm fine." You muttered, sitting up and rubbing your head.

The wolf wagged his tail in response, rubbing his giant body against you, refreshing his scent on your skin.

You were reluctant to accept his affection, not wanting him to get the idea that you were ready to be his mate or enter into any sort of relationship...From what you have read, werewolves were extremely clingy until their mate accepted them fully. They'd scent their mate any chance they got to keep other males away from their significant other.

Normally you wouldn't mind affection, but the wolf was much larger than he believed himself to be, and with every show of affection he seemed to only grow more and more excited.

"What happened here?"

Your eyes shot up at the familiar voice that filled your ears, eyes widening as Hoseok's familiar face came into your view.

You jumped up instantly, wiping off your body and approaching the male, wrapping your arms around him.

"Thank god." You breathed. "You would not believe the night I've had."

Hoseok tilted his head at your words, eyebrows furrowing as he watched the wolf move to stand into a defensive position.

"After you two didn't come back, I came out here to find you." He started. "I've been searching for you all night.."

You sighed heavily, glancing back at the white animal.

"I was probably being crushed by that wolf."

Hoseok's brows furrowed as he eyed the animal, body tensing.

"W-Wow." He said. "Where's Jimin?"

The wolf turned his nose up at him, prancing over to stand in front of you, rubbing his head against your shoulder.

You frowned, motioning to the animal. You could tell that Hoseok was already beginning to assume the worst and you couldn't exactly blame him. 

"The wolf is Jimin."

.....

You watched as Hoseok's eyes widened substantially, his breath hitching in his throat as he stared at the massive beast in awe.

"No way." He breathed.

You nodded your head, pushing the wolf out of your personal space.

"Way."

Hoseok took a hesitant step forward.

"S-So Jimin's curse is that he's.."

His words trailed off as the look on your face confirmed his suspicions, eyes lowering to the ground.

"How long is he going to be like this?" Hoseok asked, staring at the great wolf who sneered at him.

Your gaze moved to the sky above you, a deep breath leaving your parted lips.

"I don't know." You confessed. "Maybe when the sun rises?"

The orange-haired male let out a breath through his nose, rubbing his temples as the stress of the situation began to sink in on him.

"We can't stay here," He stated. "If I'm correct in assuming that those bodies are Titan's men, then I'm sure that more are already on their way."

You nodded your head in agreement, sighing as the great wolf began licking at your neck, teeth nipping lightly on the skin of your nape.

"Well, we can't exactly fit him on a horse." You muttered, trying to push the beast off.

Hoseok watched the scene unfold with a look of confusion on his features.

"He seems to like you." He mumbled, reaching a hand out to pet the large creature.

The wolf snapping as Hoseok's hand met his white fur, teeth gnarling dangerously as a growl moved past his lips, body moving to stand in front of you protectively.

Hoseok's eyes widened as he stumbled backwards, hands raising in surrender.

You placed a hand on the wolf's side, shaking your head as he leaned into your touch.

"He's cool." You stated clearly. "Don't kill him, okay?"

The wolf huffed out, blowing air into your face as his ears drooped in annoyance.

The young archer swallowed hard as the wolf moved to stand beside you, his form towering over yours.

"I'm staring to miss the real Jimin." Hoseok stated softly.

You slowly nodded, glancing at the wolf.

"Me too."

__________________________________________________________

A heavy huff left Jungkook's lips as his eyes scanned over the large gates before him, the fur on his shoulders tickling his cheeks as he lightly kicked his horse's side, urging the animal to move forward.

Blood trickled down the young prince's cheek, images of the night prior flashing in his mind as he recalled running his sword through the Red Knight's chest.

Ambushed.

Titan had sent men to ambush them...

They fought.

And they won.

It was hardly a fair fight, considering that Jungkook and Namjoon were the only ones in the group who had enough experience to actually hold off the men.

After the battle, they continued on their way, riding the rest of the night until they came to their destination..

MiddleTown.

The exhausted prince sighed heavily as he dismounted from his horse, hands running through his wavy, chestnut locks as his golden eyes took in his surroundings.

The town was still sleeping, streets were quiet and empty as the sun slowly began to rise.

"There's an Inn a few blocks down." Namjoon stated, climbing off of his own horse. "I think we have enough money for a few rooms and some breakfast."

Jungkook nodded, eyes trained on the setting moon, his mind racing with thoughts of his brother and...You.

He wondered if the three of you had made it out of the castle, or if Red Knights had also come for you in the night...He wondered if you had survived his brother.

Jungkook could recall the beast almost killing him when he was young. Jimin's wolf was dangerous and territorial, more so than any other animal that the young prince had seen and he could be dangerous when he wanted to be...

And Jimin couldn't control it...at least not on a full moon...and certainly not around you.

He could only hope and pray that nothing unseemly had happened to you.

"My butt hurts."

Jungkook's palm met his face as Jin's voice met his ears, the blue-haired man climbing off of his horse.

"I told you to stretch when we had stopped to water the horses." Yoongi muttered, also climbing off his own animal. "Should've listen to me."

"Shut up." Jin scolded, hand resting on his bottom as he approached the young royal. "What are we doing here?"

Jungkook sighed.

"Taehyung told us to stay here." He stated. "My brother and the others are supposed to meet us."

Jin's head perked up at the sound of your name.

"Y-Y/n?" He started. "Is she alright?"

The prince shrugged.

"I know as much as you do." He deadpanned. "But, I am sure that, wherever they are, my brother and Hoseok are looking out for her safety."

Yoongi crossed his arms.

"I should have stayed behind." He muttered. "I should have been there to protect her."

Namjoon chuckled, shaking his head as he crossed his arms.

"Protect her?" He asked. "You can't even use a sword. If you had stayed, you'd have been dead weight."

Yoongi frowned.

"Then why did Hoseok get to stay?" He asked. "He doesn't know how to fight either."

"Archery is in his blood," Jungkook explained, grabbing his horses reigns and walking towards a small stable. "It's part of his story. He's a great warrior."

The black-haired man furrowed his brows.

"What about me?" He inquired. "I'm a pirate captain. Doesn't that count for anything?"

Namjoon nodded, patting Yoongi's back.

"Sure." He said with a smile. "Next time we're near the ocean, you'll be the first one we call."

Jin snorted at the blow sent to his brother, causing Yoongi's eyes to snap to him.

"Laugh if you want,'" He started. "But I have a feeling..

We'll be needing the sea soon..."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

284K 8K 27
Y/N is your normal school girl, small group of friends, normal family, good grades. But the thing that gets her down the most is her 'Personal Bully'...
255 46 14
⇝ Her heart chased after him as my eyes were only on her. Her mind was filled with thoughts about him as I was suffering just watching her. ⇜
1.7K 295 40
"Your eyes" "Your nose" "Your lips" "Your body" "Are all mine from now on" - Min Yoongi Wearing a contact lenses and then you can see a soul named M...