Orphan Spider

By Twizzle_n

During the day, Peter Parker is just an average teenager, except for the fact that he's an orphan living in a... More

A/N
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
1k reads
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Spider-Man costume contest
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
100k
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Bonus+

Chapter 19

57.7K 2K 2.8K
By Twizzle_n

Peter's P.O.V

"Let go of him!" I scream as I close the door behind me and run up to Max and Mrs. Thomas. I grab her wrist, making her drop Max.

"What the hell you brat!?" She screams and slaps me hard across the face. I can see from the corner of my eyes that Max is slowly backing away and towards the stairs.

"How dare you touch him! You hag!?" I yell. "What did he even do!?"

"He tried to steal food after dinner! That worthless brat deserves nothing!"

"If you're going to punish someone, punish me!"

She started to try and hit me, but I avoided her punches.

"Oh yeah... Your principal called and told me you got suspended! You ungrateful little bitch!" She yells. She then punches me hard in the stomach, then she grabs the collar of my hoodie and starts to hit my face.

"This! Is! For! Talking! Back! You worthless brat! You are nothing! You hear me!?" She screams and her punches hit harder and harder.

It hurts.

It really hurts.

.

.

.

You know. Laying on the floor, contemplating life isn't that bad. Though, the injuries are. They are really bad. Bruised face, black eye, broken nose (for like the... 4th time? maybe?), bruised stomach, a lot of marks from a belt. Today she even took out... a knife and... umm... yeah.

What a nice home.

Thankfully, during the beat up, some kids helped Max up the stairs and hopefully treated his injuries. Me, on the other hand, is currently bleeding out on the floor. But I muster up all my strengh and stumble up the stairs trying to make my way over to my room. That is, until I get stopped by one of the kids.

"Peter, you need to go to the hospital, you look terrible and that won't heal over night." Denil says with his usual stone face, but there is worry in his voice.

"I'm fine, Den... Just a... scratch... And how is... Max...?"

"You are not fine, at least let us help you with some of the injuries. And he's fine... Thankfully, you... umm... got there 'in time.' He only got a black eye, a couple of bruises and some small cuts."

"That's good... Make sure he's alright... and... Don't... worry about me... I can bandage... myself up..." I say as I continue towards my room. I make it there and I put up a paper saying I'm busy, then I step in and lock the door.

Thankfully, I have a first aid kit in my room, so I start to try and bandage everything up. I would say I did a pretty okay job. I quickly change into my suit and jump out of the window starting my patrol.

.

.

.

I'm sitting on a rooftop with my mask on, enjoying the quiet, or, well... the quiet of New York... which is close to none. But it's still quieter than usual. That is... until I hear someone behind me and that person sits down next to me.

"..."

"Wanna talk about it?"

Wade looks at me but I continue to stay quiet. He takes off his mask and also looks out at the city.

"It's starting to get a little chilly, don't you think?"

He's right, it's been kind of cold these past days, but I guess that's what November does. Makes things colder.

"..."

*Sigh*

"...He... said some... unkind things about... my family... and... I don't know what happened... I just... hit him..." I say quietly.

"Well, he was taken to nurses office. He only got a black eye and you nearly broke his nose. Everyone was very surprised. And... umm... principal Morita told me to tell you, you got-" I cut him off.

"Suspended. I know. He already called the owner of the orphanage. How many days?"

"The whole week. You were only suppose to get detention. But rich bitch said he was going to sue if you weren't suspended. Morita got a little scared I guess so here we are." Wade says and he doesn't sound very happy.

We sit quietly, enjoying the view.

"Isn't it past your bedtimes?" Someone says all of a sudden from behind us. We quickly turn around and there by the door to the roof a man with black circular glasses, a long coat and a scarf around his neck stands. He's holding a long stick and a coffee mug.

"Isn't it past your time to die?" Wade fires back, but I can hear he's joking. "Aren't you in the wrong neighborhood? Hell's kitchen is far from here."

"Well, I thought I would take a walk through Queens and I just so happen to stumble across Spider-Man and Deadpool." The man says calmly, walking over to us and leans his upper body on the little stone wall of the roof.

"I'm sorry, but who are you?" I ask cautiously.

"Oh. I'm sorry, I haven't introduced myself. My name is Matt Murdock or in the hero business, DareDevil." Mr. Murdock says and he holds his hand out. I shake it and he frowns when I touch his hand.

"Spider-Man, you appear to have several injuries. I would suggest you get medical help." He says and I take away my hand. I can see out of the corner of my eyes that Wade is also frowning.

"I'm fine Mr. Murdock, really. It's just from... crime fighting."

Mr. Murdock looks at me with a sarcastic 'really?' face.

"Kid, you can't fool me. I can tell if someone's lying."

"He's basically a living, breathing lie detector." Wade pipes in. "Now Pet...- Spidey. Care to explain where those injuries came from?"

"...No...?"

"Matt, a little help here please?" Wade whines and Mr. Murdock just chuckles.

"Peter, I would really advise you to seek help for... both your injuries and... your little problem. It's not something you should take lightly." How the hell...? He knows my name? And he knows... he knows how I got the injuries...

"I'll... consider it..."

"Hey, blind guy. Mind filling me in on what's happening?" Wade, once again, whines.

"Wait, he's blind?" I ask.

"Wade, It's not my place to say and yes Peter, I'm blind.

"Then how...?"

"That's... uhh... let's just say a long story. Anyways. I'll be off then. Bye Peter, bye Wade. Don't cause too much trouble here." Mr. Murdock says as he starts running and jump from building to building.

"God, he can be so dramatic..." Wade mumbles.

"Well so are you."

"Oh shut up..." Wade says with a grin.

"Only if you can catch me, scarface." I yell as I stand up and start running and swinging from building to building.

"Hey! Get back here! That's not fair! You can swing!"

Wade chases me around Queens and after about 20 minutes of chasing, we end up on some random rooftop. We are laying on the ground, trying to catch our breaths and are laughing so much it hurts in the stomach. I pull my mask up just above my nose so I can breathe easier.

"Heh... that was fun." I say as we look up at the dark sky. You can see a couple of stars.

"Yeah... though... you were kind of cheating..."

"Sure, sure. If you say so." I answer with a grin.

It's quiet again. We just continue to look up at the sky.

"Umm... Peter... I... umm... I want to...- can I tell you something?" Wade says and he sits up.

"What's up?" I also sit up and look at him. 

"W-well... umm..."

"...I..."

"...I...like...you..."

.

.

.

"...W-what...?"

"...I...umm...I... like, like... you..." 

Wade is looking at me, his face is really red. I am speechless. My crush... likes... me...?

"...Peter...? Oh I'm...- I am... so so sorry! Oh... god... I'm... I'm sorry if this- if this makes it awkward between us... God Wade... you are such a...-" But I cut him off with a kiss.

"...I...umm...I like you too Wade..." I say and he smiles. He hugs me and I hug him back.

"This is the best day of my life..." He says as we break the hug.

I smile and we talk for awhile, looking up at the stars and holding hands. But after around 40 minutes he has to go. 

"I guess I won't see you tomorrow at school. But how about later, during patrol?" He asks and I nod.

"I guess... I'll see you tomorrow... Bye Wade." 

"Bye Petey-Pie." He says with a grin, then he starts to run home, jumping from building to building.

I was sitting on the roof for a little while, just taking in what happened. I guess... I have... a... boyfriend...? Well... not officially. We didn't really ask if we wanted to be boyfriends. But... maybe we can... talk about it... tomorrow...? I hope so. Anyways. I should probably just take a last swing before ending the patrol, just making sure no one's in trouble.

I jump of the building and swing around. After swinging past a couple buildings I see a young girl stand... on the edge... of a roof...? What is she...? Oh god...

I quickly land on the roof, standing a couple of meters behind her.

"Miss! Please step away from the edge. You could fall." I say and she turns around to look at who's talking to her.

"Spider-Man...? Why are you here...?" She asks and I can see the emptiness in her eyes.

"I'm here to help. Please don't do this... There's probably a lot of people who would be sad if you did this."

"I have no one! Everyone is either dead or have left me. I... I can't take it anymore! I want out!" She yells and I carfully walk a little bit closer.

"Please, don't do this. I know what you're going through... I've been in the spot you're in now. I know it's... really hard. And life really is unfair."

She's quiet. I walk a little closer and hold my hand out to help her down from the edge. She doesn't take it, just looks at it.

"...I... know... that this is... hard. Trust me. My whole life's been filled with tragedies that I couldn't stop. But... That's why I became Spider-Man... to help people. Outside this mask... I'm a nobody. But when I put it on... I'm here for everyone. I don't care how messed up a person is. We all have our problems, and so do I."

"So... please. Take my hand and... step away from the edge. We can talk if you want. I promise I'll listen." I hold my hand out again and this time she reluctantly takes it and I help her down. When her feet touches the ground I give her a hug.

"...I..."

"...I...I'm sorry...I'm...so...so sorry..." She says and she starts to cry. I draw circles on her back, trying to calm her down.

After a couple minutes, she calmed down. We sit down on the ground and I hold her hand for reassurance.

"You wanna talk about it...?" I ask softly.

"...My... dad left *hic* me, my mom and my... brother when I was *hic* young. Out of grief, my mother... started taking drugs... and... not long ago... she...*hic* died... from an accidental overdose." She started and some new tears rolled down her cheeks. "My... brother... who had been depressed for...*hic* quite some time... was filled with grief and... took his...life..."

She started to break down again and I continued to comfort her. I hadn't said a word. I knew she needed time.

"...I... figured... since I didn't have *hic* anyone... left... I could just... end it all... you know. No one would miss me. I... barely have any... friends... so it wouldn't have mattered..."

I continue to stay quiet and the girl is starting to calm down even more now, which is good.

"What's your name?" I ask.

"...Liv Davis..." She answers and I give her a small nod.

"Well... Liv, I'll be your friend if you want to. I don't really have a lot of friends either outside this mask. So I think it would be nice to have a new friend." I say softly and she gives me a small smile.

"How about... We get down from the roof? Is that alright...?" she nods and I help her stand up. We walk down through the building and come out on the street.

"Is it alright if we go to a clinic? They'll help you." She nods again and we head of to a clinic close by.

Around 10 minutes later, we are standing outside the health clinic and we walk inside. I talk to the staff and tell them the situation. They talk with Liv for awhile and I'm with her the whole time.

After we're done talking, I talk a little with Liv since I have to go.

"You be careful now Liv, alright? They'll take care of you." I say softly and we hug one last time.

"Thank you for the save Spider-Man. You really are a great hero." She says and gives me a smile.

I walk out of the building and start to swing home. As I enter the window I carefully take the suit of and change. It's a bit sticky from the blood (from the beating) but I mean, what can you do about it, right...?

I lay down and think about the day. From bad to worse, then worse to good, then good to better. I'm happy I could save Liv. I remember when I was in her position. You know. Just wanting to end it all because I didn't have anyone. But now...

I feel... happier...

These past weeks with Mr. Stark and my friends at school... ever since Wade started.

I'm starting to enjoy life more and more. It really is nice. 

...Even though I still live at this god awful orphanage, I still have a pretty good life outside it. 

.

.

.

 I have the whole week off... What the hell am I suppose to do? I can't go to school and if I stay here, Mrs. Thomas will just beat the shit out of me.

...Maybe...

I pick up my phone and look at Mr. Stark's number. Maybe I... could be in the tower. I take a deep breath and start typing.

==============================================================

Peter
Hi Mr. Stark! I'm really sorry for writting to you this late but I was wondering if I could come to the tower a bit earlier this week. Since, you know, I got in a little fight today/yesterday and I got suspended for the whole week. It's alright if you don't have time until my shift starts! I just wanted to ask.

/Peter Parker

Tony
Hey Peter. Don't worry about the time, I'm up 24/7... if I haven't passed out, that is. But yeah, you can come earlier if you want. I can send Happy to pick you up at your home. 

Anyway...

What are you doing up this late? 

It's almost 3AM

/TS

Peter
Thank you very much Mr. Stark! Is it alright if I come around 11AM?

And I'm studying

...And... I may have had a nightmare

But I'm fine!

I'll be going back to bed now

Don't wanna disturb you for too long

Tony 

I'll tell Happy to pick you up around 10:40AM so be ready by then, he doesn't really like waiting...

And if you need to talk to someone I'm here 

And you're not disturbing me

So don't worry about it

Peter

Alright then sir 

Goodnight Mr. Stark

See you tomorrow!

Tony

Goodnight Pete

==================================================================

I put down my phone and close my eyes. I hope tomorrow will be a good day.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N

Surprise, surprise... another chapter...

I am so tired... but next week I have autumn holiday (I don't know what it's called in english... oops...)

Anyways...

When do you people have holidays? (And what is it called...?)

Oh yeah! my friend made a little cameo in this chapter... that person being Denil. He's the annoying friend that I mentioned in the last chapter.

That's All For Now Folks!

G'night, G'day and G'morning!

/Twizz

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

224K 6.5K 29
Peter Parker was an average teenager- well as average as life can get when you're a superhero orphan that goes by the name Spiderman. Everyday was t...
478K 15.4K 27
A story about Peter Parker and his abusive aunt, and how Tony Stark shows him how to fight his demons. *** summary; Peter Parker's aunt, May...
54.3K 1.6K 11
Peter Parker as been without a home for as long as he can remember. He starts texting a random number after accidentally getting a number wrong when...
114K 2.4K 11
Tony Stark knows what he is capable of. Being one of the most powerful man in the world he'd never thought that he'll end up in this kind of situatio...