The Infection: Zombies Awaken...

By 10deadmask01

"It was Hell's kitchen. On the dirty checker floors, was blood. Red mush stained over almost the entire floor... More

Chapter 1 - The beginning
Chapter 2 - The first sign
Chapter 3 - The first checkup I took alone
Chapter 4 - 4 years later
Chapter 5 - Unknown
Chapter 6 - Hidden Secrets
Chapter 7 - Daniels Journal: Escape
Chapter 8 - A Sinister look on his face
Chapter 9 - Always be brave
Chapter 10 - Risky Escape
Chapter 11 - In the Eyes of Sadness
Chapter 12 - Helping the Enemy
Chapter 13 - Prey Befriends the Predator (Part 1)
Chapter 14 - Prey befriends the Predator (Part 2)
Chapter 15 - Teaching the word: Friendship
Chapter 16 - Trusting another?
Chapter 17 - A sudden betrayal: The real foe
Chapter 18 - How friendship works
Chapter 19 - The 'sorry'
Chapter 20 - This Way
Chapter 21 - Goodbye Remember
Chapter 22 - Scarred Heart Tearing soul
Chapter 23 - Friends will always return
Chapter 24 - Responsibilities
Chapter 25 - Dangerous night
Chapter 26 - Guilt of the weak
Chapter 27 - The Chase
Chapter 28 - Goners
Chapter 29 - Saved by another...?
Chapter 30 - Believe
Chapter 31 - Acceptance
Chapter 32 - The Letter of happiness
Chapter 33 - A whole new escape
Chapter 34 - Not leaving you behind
Chapter 36 - Liar
Chapter 37 - Disguist
Chapter 38 - Spared for now
Chapter 39 - Captured
Chapter 40 - Tortured
Chapter 41 - Trapped, Forever
Chapter 42 - Expanding

Chapter 35 - You again...

7.2K 277 16
By 10deadmask01

He did it. He blocked the net, making it catch him, not me. Taking all the pain and horror and endured it for me. He took the blow, and protected me. He saved me.

All in the blink of an eye.

Mat's jaw drops. Even Mr. himself, looked stunned. All the other soldiers showed the same expression as well, having the same statement in mind: That zombie saved her?

I was paralyzed. Remember is probably even more hurt. Seeing him lie, there almost unconscious this time, had me shivering.

"R-Remember...." I croaked, crawling to him on all fours. The sandy ground felt like a ton of thumbnails, as I slowly headed towards him. With every advancing move, I could feel my heartbeats grow louder and louder. My whole body was moving unstably, from the image of his last action. "R-Remember...."

Now up-close, I saw the net as a poisonous purple color, and wasn't made of ropes. It was more like a slipper blanket, which restrained him.

Once he was in reaching distance, I tried to unwind the web-like net from his body. But it wouldn't untangle. My hands felt sore from trying to pull the edges. Not even the metal shard I had last time could cut through this.

Gently lifting up his upper body, I hugged him once more in my arms. My face was now fully soaked in tears. I didn't care about how filthy my clothes were. I no longer cared that we had lost to Professor Grant and his minions. All that mattered to me right now was Remember and his safety.

At that moment, I could no longer hear anything, couldn't see anything or even feel anything. All I could think if was: Why?

"W-Why did you do t-that Remember?" I whimpered. "W-Why did you do that? Why, Remember? WHY???"

A figure then moves in front of me. It was another man, Professor Grant's dirty workers. His screwed up military group...

Anger bubbles within me. My whole body burned, feeling rage fill within me.

"Alright, it's over." The man says casually, as if nothing happened. As if nothing happened...

He then reaches towards me, saying "Let go of Zombie No 16 right n-"

I flashed a murderous look at him. "Don't. Touch. Me."

He stumbles back somewhat, as if seeing a ghost. My eyes continued to glare at him, no longer in tears. I was mad. He made me mad-All of Professor Grant's dreadful soldiers angered me.

"Hey, hey now we're not going to hurt or your zombie friend anymore." He hesitates, though not daring to move any closer. "So just relax, calm down and we'll-"

"Back off." I replied, voice in a hoarse whisper. My gaze refused to peel off from the enemy. This shook him even more. Now it was his turn to feel afraid.

He now looked at me, as if I were inhumane; a monster.

But I didn't care. Right now, all I could care about was Remember. Was he alright? Is he still alive (And not fully dead)?

"Alright, this is getting ridiculous." The man grumbles, and with that calls for back-up. A moment later, three pairs of hands grab me, forcing me to let go of him (of Remember). I was hauled upand forced to have my hands behind me.

"NOO!" I screamed, kicking and shoving the guards behind me. Yet once again, it was no use. They began to drag me away, away from Remember. I was just as screwed as Matt from this point on.

Total panic explodes from within me.

"N-NOO!" I continued to wail, nearly going into a tantrum. "ST-STOP! LET GO OF ME!"

Suddenly another hand clamps on my shoulder, which makes me stop; A light, gentle yet familiar hand. The rest releases me and move back, as if the person who held me was of a higher rank. But who?

Cautious, I turned and found myself staring eye-to-eye to the person in complete awe. It was someone I never expected to see again; It was Professor Amy.

She gazes down at me, calm and definitely more matured then me. Amy looked exactly the same from the last time I saw her: except maybe with a slight more wrinkles.

My voice then returns, trying to find something to say to my long lost friend.

"P-Professor Amy..."

Her eyes then draw back to the hurt Remember, without ta word. Mines followed hers as well. Why isn't she saying anything?

That's when I noticed the helicopter lowering itself onto the wide opening. Minutes a few soldiers come out, walking towards Remember with their guns pointed at him. As nothing happens, they then signaled another man in the helicopter to jump out. It was another someone, although he wore a white lab-coat this time. And it was nonetheless, Professor Grant.

At that moment, I knew this was bad. But I'd never guessed that my fate would lead to this. In fact, even in my worst nightmares, I'd never come close to what was in store for us.

Putting on that fake smile of his, he walks over to me firs, his shoes kicking up little puffs of dirt. Towering over me, Grant crosses both arms on his chest, with a savage sort of grin on his lips. That same fake, elastic smile if his, 4 years ago, when we've first met. Now, under these circumstances, there was no way I was going to fall for it.

In return, I didn't even bother giving him a glance, nor an expression. In this situation, I wanted to punch him. Keeping my face dark, I avoided eye contact with him, just as he enters the scenario.

"Why if it isn't Rima, Rima Orlume!" He exclaims cheerfully, his words already boiling my blood. However, that same friendly tone of his soon becomes bitter.i take a step

"Must be a real bummer for you, Rima." He taunted, lifting my chin up to face him. "Knowing that all your hard work, and effort were in the end; for nothing."

I didn't even bother looking at that traitors face. My gaze was roaming around, looking at anything but that mad man.

"What a terrible disappointment you must feel for yourself." He sighs, still continuing to open his trap. "There's no escaping now, Rima-"

"I hate you, Professor Grant." I said aloud, which makes him stop. Even his guards around him flinched, after hearing that offence.

"OhI hate you, Professor Grant!" Grant mimics me in a whining voice. Some of the soldiers even cackled in unison.

His eyes then gazed down to me, returning a dark look. "Guess you've changed little Rima."

I didn't reply. Ha, a little?

He then advanced towards Matt next. Matt remains calm, keeping a cool-headed personality (Even in this occasion, where Mr. had his blade against his throat).

"And who may you be?" Professor Grant asks, putting on that fake voice of curiosity.

"Matt." He replied, though not politely as thought. "Matt Reason."

"I see." Professor Grant says, now tapping his chin. "Reason...Ahh how that name sounds familiar."

Matt raises an eyebrow. "Familiar?"

"Reason..." He continues to think aloud. A few minutes later, he then succeeds recovering the answer.

"Oh yes Reason!" He says, his grin never faltering. "Now I remember! That last name as also the same of a young soldier named 'Adriane', if I'm not correct."

Now Matt looked baffled. "M-My brother..."

A twisted smile then stretches across the mad scientist's face. "Your older brother? I remember him. I happened to know a lot about him too. Maybe even more then you, oh younger sibling of Adriane."

"About him?" Matt croaks. "W-What do you mean more than me?"

But Professor Grant ignores him, pretending to be deep in thought; Toying with him.

"Tell me!" Matt repeats, more forceful this time. "How do you know Adriane-"

"Oh hush up, kid." Professor Grant snickered. "There is nothing for me to tell you: Other than the fact that you're also working for that disgusting, little organization as well, from that uniform you wear boy. "

Matt froze, completely defeated now. Even I felt regretful of the way Grant was messing with him.

"Unfortunately, I must deal with you later." He sighs, waving him off. And with that, his brown eyes flicked to Remember. "Right now, I have other matters to deal with."

Now fully focused of the entrapped zombie, Professor Grant gives him the most evil expression out of all of us, which made me, shivers.

In the corner of my eye, I caught movement from Remember. Lying sideways on the sandy floors, he was twitching a bit. Thank god he was still awake and alive.

He slowly turns to his stomach, attempting to get up on his knees. But just as Professor Grant approaches him, he stops.

To paralyze to move, Grant stands just a few feet away from him. There was a dead silence for the next few minutes. Everyone watches in both waiting and in fear of what will happen next, as their eyes were focused on the two people ahead of us: Professor Grant and Remember.

Remember remains hunched over, but raising his head to face back to the mad-scientist. And Professor Grant gazes back, his hair hanging over his face. A twisted smile then reaches from the side of his face.

"Heh," He chuckles. "What a pleasant surprise, Number 16."

He highlighted the last letters, which makes Remember even more tense. I felt nervous as well, knowing almost well enough how they're relateshonship was. Remember was his experiment. The victim that was able to escape his laboratory. The only diseased being able to outwit him, but how I did not know.

"No wait," He corrected. "Not Number 16. I've recently heard that you've got a new name."

He then lowers himself to face Remember equally in height. "That name being 'Remember', I presume."

At that moment, Remembers eyes moves to me, then back. However Grant caught his eye movement as well, and shifts his gaze to me again. Instantly he knew the answer.

"Interesting," He comments, in a drastic manner. He begins to walk steadily around Remember, sight still focused on the ghoul as he says, "You met and actually befriended a few humans. Especially the immune girl herself: The one who inherits the immune blood that can be used to cure or destroy you mutated beings. "

The way he bolds out the word 'destroy'. It echoes in my mind, filling me with yet another heap of questions. Destroy?

At that moment, his smile widens viscously. "You have feelings for her, don't you Remember."

"But," Professor Grant stated, now back in front of him as he points a deadly finger at Remember. "Whether you do or not, too bad. Besides, you're still an infected creature; An undead being and that you're still my experiment, my specimen. Understand Number 16? "

Silence, as Remember says nothing for the next few minutes. An angry expression then starts to develop over Grant.

"Got it, Number 16?" He repeats, daring him not to answer.

Yet still no reply. Entrapped within the cobweb-like net, Remember remains quiet and hidden, hair covering his face as he looks down. I couldn't tell whether he was ok or not now.

That's when Grant losses his top. He bends down and grabs Remember by his collar harshly, forcing the tangled zombie boy to face him. Professor Grant was pissed now.

"LOOK AT ME WHEN IM TALKING." He says loudly, making me fall back in fear. Even Matt himself, flinches with the Professor's rage. Never had I ever seen Professor Grant this mad. The last time I saw him as angry, was nothing compared to this.

The others seem to shudder as well, watching in terror at what their leader was truly like. They were just as nervous as us.

"Do you understand, experiment number 16?" He hissed, wanting an answer-pronto.

I too, was starting to grow desperate for Remember to respond.

Please reply already Remember! I squeezed my eyes shut. PLEASE! I don't want to see him yell at you anymore. Please...

Finally, Remember says to Professor Grant, "I'm not experiment Number 16."

________________________

Probably comfused with the last sentence i presume? ^-0

Votes + comments please~! ^0^

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

138K 3.8K 31
--- IMPORTANT NOTE BELOW---- hey there. I am in the works of creating a new and improved version of this series, starting with book one obviously. I...
3.5K 602 74
SIXTH BOOK OF THE CHRONICLES OF FANTASILIA SERIES 𝘚𝘩𝘦 𝘸𝘢𝘴 𝘭𝘰𝘴𝘵. 𝘚𝘩𝘦 𝘸𝘢𝘴 𝘧𝘰𝘶𝘯𝘥. 𝘕𝘰𝘸, 𝘴𝘩𝘦 𝘪𝘴 𝘥𝘦𝘵𝘦𝘳𝘮𝘪𝘯𝘦𝘥 𝘵𝘰 𝘴�...
4.9M 275K 103
In Elemental magic you can be one of four magic types; water, fire, earth, and air. The only problem is Violet is none of these things. Is she what t...
14.3K 795 33
After 5 years, both Clementine and (YN) have both worked together, alongside with Alvin "Lee" Junior, AJ in short, who has taken cared of him as thei...