Falling For Grumpy

By asmaa-auwal

"What's your name?" Came his voice "It's Islam" she said carefully. Why would her voice betray her? That wa... More

First and foremost
1 | When Africa calls
2 | The Antsy cat
3 | The Khalil's
4 | First Encounter vs Crashing his Fav
5 | How to know the African culture
6 | How to fish out a kind soul
7 | How to terminate a baby
💖💦
8| How to advice a best pal
9 |How to wash elegant gowns
10 | How to be realistic
11 | The twins and the Hippo
12 | How to bid adieus
13 | How to break an oven
14 | How to be gorgeous yet ruiner
16 | How to have a grumbling gut
17 | How to expose oneself
18 | How to shop for the sick
19 | How to have blood phobia
20 | how to be the laugh of century
21 | flight phobia
22 | the amazing mom!
23 | doctors' brains!
24 | he's juhaif the grump!
25 | how to be shattered
26 | how to be certified as chef
27 | how to have hennah
28 | How to receive a green tea
29 | how to dodge a slap!
30 | how to have shattered hearts!
31| how to be embarassed to the core
32| how to spill a coffee!
33| how to find a library
34| how to meet new peeps!
35| popcorn and cinema
36| Repenting slave
37| different persona off camera
A year on venus
Diary of Reshma

15 | How to be at your fav Aunt's

205 29 0
By asmaa-auwal

The only thing that happened to her at the moment was for her mouth to went completely agape. Gorgeous and ruiner? How she managed the two together? No one, no one has ever insulted her that way before!

"What?" She blurted out, making her nose flared up.

She couldn't understand how he always maintain his cool after insulting people.

"So is it normal spelling?" He asked.

She was surprised he did ask. Now she seriously doesn't know if she is supposed to tell him that or not. Does she want him to watch her vlogs?  Already he likes insulting her even when he knew nothing about her.  What would happen if he knew something about her? As most of her life is there, since she had been a fan of daily vlogs. Not that her personal matters are there of course. Like no one knows her mom isn't alive.

"Well will just search me out then," came her voice. She didn't just said that. It was too late when she realised the gibberish she blurted out and again too late to return her hand that was already holding Juhaif's phone she picked from where he kept it in the car.

"Don't break that!" He warned.

She ignored him and searched YouTube among his apps. Luckily the phone had no password.

She searched out Gorgeous Britain and entered the live video she just made in his car, dropped back his phone from where she took it, "I'm on your recently watched now. Hope you won't be among those giving out negative comments though."

When he didn't reply she added, "one more thing, don't get addicted from watching them though." She was referring to her videos.

"Don't worry, I don't have time for that." He answered.

She looked up to see them in front of a huge gigantic gray gate. They had made it to Aunt Sauda's.

He drove the car inside and parked it a little further away from Fawad's.

"Why is this place looking as if it's night?" Islam asked Juhaif.

"It's been designed that way." Juhaif answered, before alighting the car and opening the door for Islam.

That's when they viewed Fahad standing few feet away. Juhaif walked up to him, as Islam stood by the car, trying to fish out her phone from her bag. When she finally did, she looked up to see the duo exchanging greetings. They hugged and made some weird moves with their hands. Guys thingies. She thought. Both were smiling and then Fahad said something that they both chuckled at. The grumpy doctor was even holding his stomach.

Well what would ever made that tight face split in to huge a grin? She wonder!

On the other hand Fahad was busy teasing Juhaif.

"Juhaifu wato ganinka ma se an yanki ticket ko? (Juhaifu for one to see you, they need to buy a ticket right?)"

"Juhaifu? You are not serious!" Juhaif laughed, shaking his head.

"Aww waidan kaga kana da sunan yangayu aganinka ka sha? Aiko baka isa ba." (Because you've seen you have a classy name you think no one can spoil your name! Nah it doesn't work that way!)"

"Guess somebody is about to leave the house." Juhaif commented noticing the car key in Fahad's hands.

"Ina! Tsohon zance kuma, tunda kasa qafa gidannan, aje daki ai playing game ai shine chilling." (No way! Since you've stepped a leg in this house, going inside and playing game is the chilling stuff.)"

Right away Juhaif wanted to cry, to him there was only one chilling in life—either watching surgery videos or ripping people's tummies with knife. He hates how Fahad always force him to play video games. He ain't a kid anymore!

Islam was still standing by Juhaif's car and smiling over how the boys were conversing. She had never seen Juhaif laughing that way!

She finally walked up to where they were, and that's when Fahad noticed her.

"'Yar fara kwana dayawa (long time fair one!)" Fahad greeted Islam.

She smiled, though she didn't get what he said, "What did you say?" She asked with a friendly tone.

"Long time fair one!" He replied simply. He knew she didn't understand. As one can sell her in Hausa language, seeing how she couldn't speak it.

"Oh! Yeah longest time! Assalamu alaikum warahmatullah. We forgot saying our salams."

"Waalaikumussalam warahmatullah." Fahad answered amusingly.

Amased Juhaif was watching all along. He never knew she couldn't speak Hausa. Like who can't speak their Mother's tongue?

He knew not once he ever heard her spoke in Hausa. But, he thought she was just addicted to English!

"You don't speak Hausa?" Juhaif asked her.

"What is that?" Islam breathed out.

Okay now that he asked and got the weirdest thing ever as a reply it made him speechless.

She doesn't even know what the Hausa stands for! Astonishment!

"Your mom's tribe?" He tried explaining to her in the simplest way possible.

"Oh! I can say Mama."

The way she pronounced it, was so weird to ears, they didn't know when they bursted in to laughter. Like, who speaks English and pretends it's Hausa just because they exists similar words in both languages?

Islam left them and made way in to the house. Once she dropped her legs in, an amazing smell hit her nostrils.

"Assalamu alaikum warahmatullah Aunt!" she chirped on seeing Aunt Saudah, before embracing her in a hug.

"Waalaikumussalam warahmatullah. Wow Islam, looking pretty as always. Mashaa Allah! So did you receive your hijabs?" She answered, complimenting her in the process and asking about the hijabs she sent her yesterday.

"Of course Aunt. And I loved all! Thank you!"

Aunt Saudah just smiled, she didn't want Islam to  thank her.

Later on Fahad and Juhaif came in too.

Juhaif engaged in a conversation with Aunt Saudah. Islam was surprised to see him acting normal. He was actually engaging in their talks. At least his' laconicity wasn't showing. Perhaps everyone gets along with Aunt Saudah. Or maybe not everyone as she couldn't fathom what was that about Husna referring to this house as; that house. 

The maid brought refreshments for them. Islam drank water and Juhaif didn't eat anything, and that made Islam not to eat a thing as well, even though she wanted to. But, when Aunt saudah insisted Juhaif to eat something, he took a bottle of swan and left for Fahad's floor, which was the underground section of the mansion.

Islam had much fun right from chatting about the fashion world with Aunt Saudah to watching t.v and everything else.

Just then Islam's phone blinked, she checked and saw a message from her dad.

Dad: I want you to meet someone!

Islam: When and who?

Dad: You'll see when the right time comes!

Islam: Alright! So how are you? Have you eaten? Is Miss Juliet acting nice and preparing all the best food?

Dad: I'm great and I hate to break this to you i'm enjoying everything down here!

Islam: Wow! Enjoying without me!

Dad: The very reason I'm actually enjoying!

Islam: Wow! Rude!

Dad: Manners Islam!

Islam: Alright, can't stand you. Bye African Dad!😂

Dad: Love you!

Islam: Love you more!

Islam dropped the phone just to see everyone's eyes on her.

"And who's that chatting you up?" Aunt Saudah teased. When Islam looked towards Fahad he winked at her. Why they were acting weird? It's just her dad!

"Alright, you guys can stop. It was my dad."

Aunt Saudah smiled at her. "Alright Islam, so, there's a free modelling spot for my friend's winter collections, I was wondering if you will want to do it?"

"Course I'm in. They should just make the air-conditioning on fleak for me." Islam flatly replied. The winter in Africa is more of an American summer for her.

"I'll message you about the date." Aunt Saudah uttered after chuckling at Islam's last remark.

She had never model before, at least not professionally, unless the adverts and sponsored posts on her Instagram account counts. 

Juhaif didn't thought that was a good idea. As instead of modelling she might end up causing lots of damage. Nevertheless, he had always been a fan of minding his business. For that reason, he remained mute.

"I think we should leave now!" Juhaif announced.

Aunt saudah wanted them to wait some more, but Juhaif insisted they leave. In as much as Islam wanted to spend more time with her Aunt, she had no choice but to gather her things up. Lucky enough she got her satchel she forgot during her stay at Aunt Sauda's, and her earplugs were still intact.

Once she stood up she ended up stepping on her hijab and falling down, along with breaking one of the little deco atop the centre table. Islam was so embarrassed. Everyone told her sorry unless Juhaif who just shook his head once their eyes locked.

They were walking to their car in the garage, along with Aunt Saudah and her twins, when Islam got on her Instagram. She uploaded a picture, liked the first comment she got, before checking her inbox, as the messages were filing up. Something caught her attention. Someone vaguely familiar had messaged her.

It was on request, so she opened the message knowing the person wouldn't see if she had read it or not, unless she accepted, which she didn't. She clicked on the account and alas it was the person Nora met at the airport, who she begged Islam to not talk to anyone about!

Why is this person messaging her then? She thought!

That's when Islam decided to even read the message.

Stranger: They are all hiding something from you!

The message read.

Hiding something from her? Who could be hiding something from who? Who's the message even referred to?  Islam thought again!

Stranger: I know who you are! You might like her, but she played a great role in killing your mom!

Another message came in. Islam gulped down a saliva, her brain was closing up at that. She had started feeling dizzy. She wasn't thinking straight, she had no idea whether to accept the message or not.

Stranger: Ever heard of mafia?

Another message came in!

At that rate Islam felt someone's hand on her shoulder, she shuddered at that. She looked up to see Aunt.

"Fahad was saying good bye! He will be travelling to Russia to further his studies!" Aunt Saudah uttered.

Islam that had no idea of what's happening around her managed to force a smile, her heart was thumping behind her ribcage. She let out a heavy sigh and quickly used her hands to drain the tiny bits of sweat that had began forming on her forehead.

"Safe journey!" She genuinely told him with a smile.

"You're looking so distressed." Aunt commented. 

Islam didn't say a word. She just forced out a smile.

Fahad helped opened the car door for her and she got in, she just glanced at the message again, before hitting the accept button.

My girls, follow, comment, vote, and share! I love you guys😘

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

141K 13.9K 73
"So what are you doing in our house dingy girl?" He asked her coldly. "It's none of your business and please stop calling me dingy girl" She replied...
2.6K 307 16
#BOOK ONE OF THE MUSLIMAH'S SERIES He met her just when he thought no woman could ever crush his ego, an egotistical conceited jerk he is and a billi...
149K 15K 49
*COMPLETED!! - Editing in process* Highest ranking #2 in Hausa #1 in Nigeria summary in editing* NOTICE: None of the pictures belong to me. All th...
12.9K 790 37
" I know this marriage started as an arrangement but now I've fallen for you. Please give me a chance to love you and show you that I care." I told h...