Falling For Grumpy

By asmaa-auwal

"What's your name?" Came his voice "It's Islam" she said carefully. Why would her voice betray her? That wa... More

First and foremost
1 | When Africa calls
2 | The Antsy cat
3 | The Khalil's
4 | First Encounter vs Crashing his Fav
5 | How to know the African culture
6 | How to fish out a kind soul
7 | How to terminate a baby
💖💦
9 |How to wash elegant gowns
10 | How to be realistic
11 | The twins and the Hippo
12 | How to bid adieus
13 | How to break an oven
14 | How to be gorgeous yet ruiner
15 | How to be at your fav Aunt's
16 | How to have a grumbling gut
17 | How to expose oneself
18 | How to shop for the sick
19 | How to have blood phobia
20 | how to be the laugh of century
21 | flight phobia
22 | the amazing mom!
23 | doctors' brains!
24 | he's juhaif the grump!
25 | how to be shattered
26 | how to be certified as chef
27 | how to have hennah
28 | How to receive a green tea
29 | how to dodge a slap!
30 | how to have shattered hearts!
31| how to be embarassed to the core
32| how to spill a coffee!
33| how to find a library
34| how to meet new peeps!
35| popcorn and cinema
36| Repenting slave
37| different persona off camera
A year on venus
Diary of Reshma

8| How to advice a best pal

256 28 2
By asmaa-auwal

He looked at the car, then to the person behind it's wheel, and now back to Husna who stood a feet away from him, as she kept twisting her fingers and looking all guilty.

On the other hand, Islam was so scared. Scared of the creature moving towards her. Though his eyes didn't look deadly, she could still feel big hippos dancing in her maw. She couldn't understand why she was so scared, since he looked nothing like someone about to kill. But she liked everyone but people with expressionless faces, such people always frightens her. She thinks he might burst out any moment from now.

As he kept coming closer, Islam found herself asking Nora about cake icing, she usually lose focus when nervous.

"How do you make an icing?" Islam asked nervously.

"Learning about icing right now? Really?" Nora whisper yelled. Why was Islam asking her that?

"Do you add cocoanut oil or a maple syrup?" Islam asked again, as she kept swallowing constantly with every step he took. Damn, he was so close! Her palms were clammy as she kept biting on her lip.

She felt like becoming a bird and fleeing right away to where she comes from. Her heart beats were not helping at all, with every single step he took! Dum! Dum! Dum! Was the only sound coming from her chest.

She quickly hopped out of the car as the rest did same.

Meanwhile, Juhaif found himself dashing her the most disheartening look ever!

She gulped down something only God knows what. She thought perhaps it was her heart, but that wouldn't be the case as she wouldn't have been alive by now. No way you will gulp down your heart, send it to your maw and still be standing right?

His voice got her from her reverie, "What is your name?" 

It didn't take a minute for all the fear to depart from her. What's her name? Like seriously? Well, he should know better as he has attended the meeting and must have heard when she was being introduced. She so badly wanted to say same as yours, but decided against it. That would only make matters worst. She couldn't be the villain, yet say out disrespectful words. Unless she wants him to think of her as a profane person.

"It's Islam." she said anxiously, in the most respectful voice ever.

Did her voice just betray her?

Allah knows she didn't plan on sounding that way, as she hates everything about him, she didn't even wants to cross his way, like she just wants all the circumstances tangling them up to stop! But somehow is one thing leading to another. And here she is, with his voice affecting her so much that he is scaring the hell out of her, to the extent of talking to him with so much respect when she hates him so bad.

"Kidding. It must be ruiner!" He spatted.

He didn't just call her that! She could only gape as he turned away and walked towards Moha.

"And now if I say I will repair it, he will call me rude. I don't like him one bit." Islam huffed out.

"What did you say Islam?" Asked Husna.

"Nothing." Islam replied with a tight-lipped smile, as she handed Husna his car key.

***

On entering in to the house they met Aunt kaula who had no idea what happened outside. Islam gave her a hug. But when Nora and Lubna reached to where Aunt Kaula was, she saw them squatting to greet her, Islam's eyes bulged out at that. She wondered why they had to bow down, why couldn't they just say hi or hug her? Or is that being formal? Well in case it is, such formality ain't healthy or maybe it is! But yikes!!! She shrugged it off.

"Will you have some lemonade?" Aunt offered.

"Yes please." Nora said.

"Sure!" Islam responded. Honestly she loved lemonade. She could have it anytime. Back in the States she usually go for it anytime she wants to gets hang of things.

"It's in the fridge." Aunt Kaula announced.

"I'll go bring it." Lubna started walking to the kitchen, suddenly she stopped and turned around, "alright guys, move to the dining table."

"We can just have it here please." Nora yawned.

"Rules are rules!" Lubna winked as Nora pouted and lazily stood up from the sofa.

***

They were all in Husna's room about to pray maghrib. Husna was there to pray as well though Moha still hasn't left, she left him with Juhaif as they were going to the mosque together. Sometimes when Juhaif and Moha meet Husna will only look at them and can't even engage in their talks. Both males are the opposite of her, quite laconic and all, but once they start talking medical line, she will just wish they stop.

They suddenly heard a knock on the door. It was Aunt that came to asked them to pray.

"Girls dinner is ready, pray and come down." She announced.

"Aunt I'm really full, can't join you guys. However I'm really grateful." Islam kindly said.

The sisters found the way Islam made the whole situation formal, hilarious. They couldn't help laughing. Aunt kaula realised how nervous Islam got from their laughter, so she glared at them before saying, "uwaku(it's an insult lol)". They giggled some more, before apologising to Islam.

Once done praying, Islam got curios about this book she saw on the bedside table. She opened it and saw, " only Husna's from fawad' she shrugged it off as her eyes caught the Arabic calligraphy. It was ayatul kursiyyu, and she knew it meant to be azkar book as she flipped the rest of the pages. Nora saw her doing that and opened the azkar app on her phone too. And soon it was Lubna then Husna.

"You and Moha I really hope you guys ain't dating." Lubna narrowed her eyes at Husna.

"Haram police are you going to tell him bye or keep preaching?" Husna said standing up and folding the praying mat, she was holding unto this straight face that made Nora laughed.

When she realised none of them was coming with her, she left alone. Few minutes later the siblings decided to go downstairs to have their dinner, leaving Islam alone in the room. So she decided to while away time online. At least now she got WiFi and full charge.

She got on social media and Selena's message was the first thing that came through.

Selena: Baeeeee ever told you how nice is Europe?

Also Selena: My fat girl I love Europe. My skin has gotten an awesome tan.

Selena: Is it battery or data problem you are encountering?

Islam:*laughing maniacally*

As soon Islam sent away her message to Selena, the later immediately replied with a clon emoji.

Selena: Fat girl how are you?

Islam: You want me to tell how bad i've miss you or want me to fight you up?

Selena: *laughing maniacally* let's keep it cool.

Selena: Good thing we've been friends for years and still haven't killed each other.

Islam: *laughing maniacally* if not that i'm an awesome sweetheart, what do you think would have happen?

Selena: lol. How are you? Tell me about your day.

Islam: Better I call.

Selena: can you do so? Is the network that strong?

Islam: You forget stuff way too much. Just last week we were on face time!

Selena: Sorry I forgot, Europe been awesome. Hence why!

And just like that Selena's call came in. Islam accepted and Selena's face showed up.

"Lena I crashed one guy's car. He got mad. Should I order him a new one?" Islam was obviously asking for an advice from her one and only Lena. And of course that was the first thing she said. She believed they don't need any hello! nor hi!

"You need to learn where to tell on sorry and where your money should talk." Selena said cautiously painting her nails.

"What do you mean?"

"I mean, you spend money way too much on matters that only needs an apology. This stuff we are talking about right now, is a great example."

"I can't apologise to that guy. This will be the third time I'm apologising to him this day. Nah, it's not gonna happen."

"As you wish sweetheart. But did I hear you right? You apologising and even thrice to some one? Are you in love with him?" Selena whispered exaggeratedly, as she seemed carried away by how cute her nails looked. She kept wiggling her fingers at Islam.

"Goodbye Lena I love you." Islam smiled.

"Good night my fat bae!" Selena teased.

"Goodnight my skeletonized bae."

"Ouch. Target got shot and she hates you for that." Selena feigned hurt over what her best pal just said.

"Lol. Stop starving yourself, eat lots of junk and enjoy the European cheese." Islam advised.

"That's not gonna happen. Once a model, forever a model." Selena wiggled her shoulders and flipped hair as Islam chuckled out.

"Selena whatever you look like, you'll always remain pretty. So stop deceiving yourself and eat to your satisfaction."

"Talking out of experience?" teased Selena.

"Call it whatchu want."

They finally ended their face time with a goodnight.

That was how Islam dashed to the loo. Both the girls weren't still back. She wondered what kept them downstairs for long. She put on ablution for the last prayer of the day. Which she'll have to pray it late, due to their face time.

She prayed, recited du'a, then folded up the prayer mat and moved to the dressing mirror to unpack her hair. She brought out pack of rollers from her kit and began rolling up her hair. In just few minutes she was done.

"What could have happened?" She found herself talking to herself infront of the mirror. She stood still for some minutes, that's when all the fear, and the excessive doubt came flooding through her brain.

"Look Islam you don't need to know. You've been doing great for all these years. You don't need that. You are quite happy!" She found herself silently telling herself.

'But you wants to know. Why are you lying to yourself?' A voice in her said.

That's when she felt a tear cascaded down her cheeks. She quickly wiped it away before reaching out for her skin care mask and putting it on. She then changed in to sleeping gown and bounced on bed. That was how she drifted to sleep. What a nice visitor that won't tell anyone good night!

Guys what are your favorites books on wattpad?

Feel free to follow me on here and my other socials;
@Asmaa-auwal on
Facebook
YouTube
Twitter
Snapchat
Tiktok

Instagram @asmyscollection

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

142K 14K 73
"So what are you doing in our house dingy girl?" He asked her coldly. "It's none of your business and please stop calling me dingy girl" She replied...
287K 20.8K 24
[#4 on Spiritual🔥🔥 On 24 September 2018] "Why is everybody avoiding me because of my voice? Was I the one that created myself? No. I was ridiculed...
161K 17.2K 62
In the mundane, ordinary details that gave meaning to his life, she was in the background as his friend's younger sister. Nothing of much significanc...
35.4K 5.9K 37
"Why?" she whispered. "WHY?!!! ABUBAKAR WHY?!!!" she screamed. Her voice sounded inhumane. I flinched and watched as she broke down crying again. "...