「Odd x Reader」Edge of Reality

נכתב על ידי Pandasore

(Y/n) (L/n) is an average 15-year old who loves to be lazy and writes stories on Wattpad. One day while (Y/n... עוד

1
2
3
4
5
{Extra: Outfit and Powers}
6
7
8
9
10
12
13
14
15
A/n

11

797 35 20
נכתב על ידי Pandasore

"Whatcha think?"

Elliot hands me back my journal with a heavy sigh. "Are you sure you're okay?"

"Well, that's a concerning response." I sit up from his lap with a yawn. "But, yeah, I'm fine! Though it'd be nice if I could sleep some more."

"Winter Break is right around the corner!" His eyes glimmer with hope. "Do you think Xana takes breaks?"

"From what I remember?" I pause and think a bit. "Nope, not really. Unless it's planning something really awful that forces it to take a while."

Elliot slumps back, gazing at the cloudy sky. "I was hoping we could do something over the break. . ."

I wrap my arm around his shoulders and hug him from the sides. "Who says we still can't hang out? You're my bro, and I'll always make time for you!"

"B-Bro. . . ?"

"Yeah, bro, I'm soft for you!"

"This is so dumb, oh my god." He laughs, "Is this how you talk with your friends?"

"Sometimes, yeah! Though, mostly with my old friends."

My old friends, huh? I wonder if they're all doing alright? Nah, I shouldn't worry, of course, they're fine! Even if. . . I'm not there.

"Yoohoo~!" Before either of us realize what's going on, Sissi slides down beside me, a grin on her face. "How's my best friend doing today?"

I roll my eyes with a smile, "Pretty good! Need something?"

"Well, duh!" She scoffs as if what she's here for wasn't already obvious. "I want you to come to the mall with me! You're in desperate need of new clothes. Yumi's hand-me-downs aren't doing you any favors."

"The mall?" I glance at Elliot. He seems to be looking everywhere but at Sissi. "Um, sure? Could Elliot come too?"

"Who? Him?" Sissi groans. I elbow her side, and she mumbles a short apology. "Fine, would you like to come with us, uh, Everett?"

I lean over and whisper his name.

"Elliot?"

He doesn't bother to look at gazed at the snow-covered ground instead, hesitantly nodding his head.

"Yay~!" Sissi bounces out of her seat and grabs our hands, basically dragging us behind her. "We just need to get some passes from my daddy, and then we'll be able to go~!"

Now being forced to wait outside the principal's office, we're standing around trying to entertain ourselves.

"So why exactly are we hanging out with her?" Elliot asks. "She hasn't been the nicest person since I've been here."

"I know, I know. But she's been trying to change lately." I explain. "Why not give her a chance?"

"Fine," He folds his arms. "But. . . only because it's you."

"Thank you~!" I take this chance and step closer, ruffling his hair. "You're hair is so soft, Elli! Oh, it reminds me of how fluffy a Shiba's butt looks! Those things are stupid soft." Elli groans and throws his hood over his head, trying to hide his embarrassment.

It doesn't take long for us to walk to the mall, maybe about twenty minutes or so? Sissi basically held a conversation with herself the whole time while Elliot and I just listened. Apparently, she gets two-hundred dollars to spend every other week. Seriously? Like, that's insane! I don't even get money for doing chores!

Stepping inside Forever 21, I immediately spot a few shirts I like. Wait- nevermind. They all have lame quotes on them. I'm just saying, most things look better without the horrid amounts of glitter saying something like "cute and quirky!".

"Hmm, you seem to be more of the hipster type, so," Sissi examins, staring me up and down. "I'd say flannels, semi-ripped jeans, and maybe a beanie or two?"

Before I can retaliate it, she turns to Elliot and examins him, hauling him off to the dress shirts and hoodies. I wonder what she'll suggest for him?

I gaze at the selection before me, moving a shirt or two out of the way before picking out a few that look pretty nice. Now the flannels. . . (F/c) is a great color, so definitely grabbing a size larger than I need. Some pairs of jeans and vans to match. This isn't too much, right?

Just before I'm able to step in the dressing room, Sissi's quick to rush over and examine the clothes I have in hand. "Do you think Odd would like these?"

She lets out a gasp as my eyes widen, I frantically shake my head, almost flinging it off my shoulders. I can practically feel myself turn several shades of red and pink.

Why did I say that!? What's wrong with me? God, I'm so stupid! Dumb! Dumb! Dumb! Why don't I try and actually think next time!?

"No way!" She squeals.

"I do not!"

"You have a crush on-"

"No!

"But he's-"

"I don't have a crush on him!"

"Why him?"

"Shut up! I don't like him like that, okay!?"

"Nope, too late! You can't convince me otherwise!"

I groan and bang my head on the door to the dressing rooms. "Maybe I think he's cute, okay!? Nothing more!"

"So says you." Sissi scoffs. "I recognize that helpless look of love anywhere! You can't fool me, (Y/n)!"

"Sissi," I say as I bury my face within the pile of clothes I picked, "don't tell anyone, please?"

"H-Hey guys, does this look okay?" Elliot comes out of the dressing room wearing a black dress shirt with little avocados on it.

Sissi takes this chance and ignores me, rushing over to Elliot with a grin. "Oh, you look so adorable, Elliot! Can I squish your cheeks?"

The first give away that I could tell he's embarrassed is from how bright the tips of his ears were; being as pale as a sheet of paper doesn't help hide it either. Elliot murmurs a quick and quiet "please don't" and "thank you" as he tries to escape her overwhelming grasp.

It's official. I'm crowing Sissi, the queen of embarrassing people. No one can convince me otherwise.

ping! ping!

Odd👾
Yo!!
Was wndring if u wanna snek
out tmmrw??

(Y/n)
sure!
where does everyone wanna go?

"You going on a date~?" Sissi teases, peeking over my shoulders.

Well, I almost made it to a complete thirty minutes without being teased by Sissi. I was really hoping the food would take her mind off it. I just want to eat my lunch without being so flustered. (Fav Food) is a delicacy that should be enjoyed, not choked on.

"Why bothering looking if you're not gonna read it?" I groan and show her the texts. "I'm literally hanging out with all my friends, not just him! It's always like that."

"C-Crush?" Elliot stammers. "On who?"

"Yeah, (Y/n)? Who?"

"It's um. . . It's uh, Odd?" I poke at my food, not daring to look Elli in the eyes. "B-But it's not a crush! I just think he's cute, 'kay?"

"Sweetie, that's how crushes start," Sissi explains. "Have you never been in love before?"

"I-I'm not in love!" I whine. "Even if I was, knowing him for only twelve days is a little early to be playing Romeo and Juliet."

ping! ping!

She hugs me from behind, resting her chin on my head. "Ooooh, he texted back! What did he say!?"

Odd👾
All of thm sayz theyr 2 bzy
how dar they abandn us in r time of need!
ooh!
maybe I shold prank thm?

(Y/n)
oop ok
don't go overboard like usual dork
we'll plan more when I get back

At this point, I'm just hoping that I'll vanish into thin air. Sissi's lost the right to see me so flustered like this. "Soo~ was I right?" I feel her dumb acrylic nails poke my sides; I fight the temptation to scream like a little kid at the tickling sensation.

"Shut. Up."

A few hours have passed, and now we're standing at the gates of Kadic, shopping bags in hand, procrastinating so that Elliot doesn't have to walk home just yet. Sissi refused to stand out in the cold, so she said her goodbyes and rushed back to her dorm.

"Soo, would you want to hang out tomorrow?" Elliot asks. "I don't really have anything better to do."

"Sorry, I have plans with Odd for. . . something? Not exactly sure what it is yet."

"Uh-huh. Are you sure you don't have a crush on him?"

"Yes! No? I mean. . ." I groan, fidgeting with the bag handles. "I swear, I only think he's cute! I-In a weird way. But no crush! I mean, we're just friends, right? So why bother to change something like that?"

"Good point, I guess." Kicking at the snow on the ground, he asks, "Well, what kinda guys do you like?"

"Hmm, I guess anyone true to themselves and not a dick, ya know?" I shrug. I've never really put much thought into this before. "What about you?"

"Pretty much the same thing. Being tall and strong would be a plus. . ."

"Oh my god, okay, so, you definitely gotta get someone who can crush a watermelon with their thighs!"

Elliott's eyes widen as he covers his mouth, his cheeks are almost as red as a cherry. He nods and gives a thumbs up. "Y-Yeah. . . yeah, that sounds kinda. . . is nice the right word?"

"Hmm, I'd say more like kinky but either work." I laugh. Who knew someone whose a major introvert could have thoughts like this? Actually no, I'm not that surprised. "We could, uh, help each other out whenever one of us has an actual crush on someone?"

"You mean like now?" Elliot teases.

"Haha, very funny," I say, rolling my eyes. "You wanna make this into a bet?"

"Interesting," He grins. "So, if you do end up liking him, I'll win?"

"And when I prove you wrong, I'll win. How does five dollars sound?"

"Deal! It's a bet!"

{1656 Words}

Ah so (Y/n) finally sorta admits she likes Odd, huh? Wow, there's some actual plot setting in! I wonder what the two of you are going to do together, hmm~?

For the pic of Sissi, I kinda like this design for her so I'm gonna go with this for the story, it's a mix of her og design and her evolution one since she had blonde hair. The artist is cloudy_whales on Instagram or Twitter or Tumblr. They also drew the gang (except William T~T) I'll post it next chap or something like that so ya'll see their designs.

But uh I hope you guys are enjoying this so far! This is unedited so sorry for any mistakes you saw my dumb brain make. I didn't really know how to end this chp and some other parts of it. I almost have all the major plot points planned out except for the in-betweens so my brain seems to be working for the most part.

המשך קריאה

You'll Also Like

905K 41.4K 175
𝒊𝒏 𝒘𝒉𝒊𝒄𝒉 the boy who lived falls for the girl who had no one
429K 17.5K 61
╰┈➤ *⋆❝ 𝐢'𝐝 𝐫𝐚𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐥𝐨𝐬𝐞 𝐦𝐲 𝐜𝐨𝐟𝐟𝐞𝐞 𝐭𝐚𝐛𝐥𝐞 𝐚𝐬 𝐚 𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐮𝐥𝐭 𝐨𝐟 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐩𝐢𝐬𝐬𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐨𝐟𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐭𝐢𝐦𝐞-𝐛...
629K 38.5K 103
Kira Kokoa was a completely normal girl... At least that's what she wants you to believe. A brilliant mind-reader that's been masquerading as quirkle...
Fake love נכתב על ידי :)

ספרות חובבים

112K 2.6K 41
When your PR team tells you that we have to date a girl on the UCONN women basketball team and you can't say no to it... At first you don't think too...