PROTECT (BTS fan fiction)

By Melon1294

21 year old (y/n) has been living with her bodyguard/father figure for the past 10 years. It's been lonely. H... More

Characters
Nightmare
Found her
Warning
Last day
Together again
Goodbye
I demand answers
Accepting
Photo
Find Her
Can you stay with me?
Frustrated
Shopping
Piano
What else?

Anniversary

8.1K 285 12
By Melon1294

I lay in bed looking out my window watching the sun rise. I do this pretty much every morning now since I've been getting the same nightmare keeping me up every night. I always open my curtains just in time to see the sun rising. Even before the nightmares I had a very  bad habit of waking up just before the sun had risen. It was like a little tug in the mornings, like something in my mind, body and soul was telling me to wake up to watch it. When I do watch it I can't help but feel warm and content in my heart. It's peaceful, just for that one hour I don't feel so lonely. I haven't been lonely all my life I know that much, before my father died, I know things were different. I had friends and a few at that. They lived with me but I don't know what happened to them, I only know about them because Mr Lee told me I had other friends. When I would ask about them he would just change the subject and I would just forget about it after how tense and visibly sad he get would get about the subject. Mr Lee has done so much for me these past 11 years. He's like my second father. He took on the responsibility to raise me as his own daughter after my father passed away. My father died when I was 10 years old, he died in the explosion of the main science building for Hybrid Habilitation Organisation (HHO). It was ruled an accident, but in my personal opinion I don't believe it was. My father died a week after the country ruled that all hybrids will live with the same rights as humans. Which I believe they should, there's not much difference between us. Me and my father had the same beliefs about hybrids. They should live with us and not for us. I've met a few hybrids throughout the world travelling with Mr Lee. I think they're amazing and so interesting to interact with. I talk to them about their instincts and the difference in their lifestyles now compared to 12 years ago. They are no longer slaves in their own world. Hybrids only exist because of my grandfather, he created hybrids here in Korea to create the hybrids. He wanted to create a more advance raced people to better the world, but people beloved because they were no longer human, they had no rights. Which is dead wrong. I use to go to meeting with my father sometimes about the hybrids rights. Me and my father were so close we would do everything together when he wasn't working, which was a lot. I would tell him anything and he would just humour me. I don't remember what else I would do without my dad or if I wasn't with Mr Lee who would home school me, which he continued to do until I was 18 years old. I do online courses now for business management and science. I also been doing a little course online about hybrid care, as I would love to carry on my fathers business. Right now Mr Lee handles my fathers business from a distance as we travelled to different countries. Once I finish my courses I can take over but only "when the time is right" as Mr Lee would tell me, which I have no clue what he means by that.

The sun is now completely arisen, shining bright to start the day. I sighed and threw the covers off my body to stand up off my bed and stretched my hands above my head, yawning. I felt like a living zombie with the lack of sleep. I wiped my eyes and pulled my watermelon spotted pyjamas shorts down a little as they were riding up a little too far up my butt.

I dragged my feet across the bedroom floor towards the door, to be met with the delicious smell of waffles, my favourite breakfast. If waffles are being made that means Mr Lee has decided to take a break from his office. I grew happy and excited at the thought as Mr Lee could now spend time with me, as today is a day I don't want to spend alone.

I walk to the bathroom first, I do my business, then wash my hands and face and brush my teeth and hair. I stumbled down the hallway towards the delicious smell in the kitchen.

Mr Lee has the radio on playing the most recent popular song, humming away and shaking is head side to side along with his hips doing the same thing. His back was turned to me so he didn't know I was in the room yet. As I watch him I took a seat on the stool at the kitchen island as he was busy with the waffles. There was plates already set out in the kitchen island and freshly cut fruit on the side. I had my eyes on my favourite fruit, watermelon. I took a piece of watermelon and took a big bite, chewing away, enjoying the flavour. Mr Lee then turned around to face me with the plate full of waffles in his hand, he was so startled I'm surprised the waffles didn't fall off the plate. His face was a picture though, his slim face now pale with shock. I swallowed my fruit and burst out laughing "oh (y/n) you scared me, I didn't know you were there" I laughed even more. He put his hand over his heart and relaxed his face. "Seriously (y/n) you should be a ninja. You got serious ninja skills there" I just responded with a small shrug and laughing softly. "I didn't want to interrupt your little moment you had there". Mr Lee just shook his head and handed me some waffles. My laughter stopped as the reminder of doing this sort of thing with my father  pops into my mind. I use to always sneak up on my father. I loved playing pranks on him. The thought saddens me and I stare down at my hands. Mr Lee noticed my mood change and looked at with saddened eyes. He reached over and put his hands over mine "today will be fine (y/n) I'm gonna spend all day with you and we'll go to the lake together to remember him, ok?" I nodded and sighed, grabbing some waffles and started to eat them with my watermelon. After breakfast I went to my room to get dressed for the day. I changed into a black tracksuit and white trainer, I like to dress comfy and we are going to the lake my parents use to always go to together.

I look in the mirror and smile sadly at myself in the mirror. There's no point putting on make up today I know I'm going to cry at some point today. "(Y/n) are you ready to go?" I heard Mr Lee on the other side of the door knocking gently "yeah, I'll be just a minute" I responded with eyes still set on myself in the mirror. " ok, I'll be waiting in the living room"  I didn't say anything more as I could hear his footsteps slowly disappear down the hallway. I guess we better start heading off to the lake.

Mr Lee drove us to the lake and the scenery around the lake is beautiful. Once the car stopped, we both got out the car, I couldn't stop gawking at the lake, it's been years since I've been here.

There was little pathway that led to the lake among the trees. We both got halfway down the path when I remembered the little paper boat I made to remember my father. We use to always to this together on the lake. I turned to face Mr Lee with a gasp and shocked face " Mr Lee I forgot the boat, can I get the keys to go get it?". He looked at me with uncertainty "I'll come with you" I shook my head at him "no no, it's fine, I'll get the boat and meet you down there"  I said pointing towards the lake ahead. Mr Lee looked deep in thought, he's very protective of me. We've been back in Korea for 2 months now and this is the first time I've stepped outside. It's the same everywhere we go, it takes months before I can go outside and when I do it's always with him. Mr Lee sighed deeply "ok but if your not back in 5 minutes I'm coming to get you" I giggled at him and took the keys. "I won't be long" I shouted to him as I was already running to the car. It took me seconds to get to the car. I took a breath in and out and unlocked the car to get the boat. Once I had the boat in my hands, I slammed the door shut and locked it. I spun on my heels but as I did my face was met with someone's back. He was tall and had black shaggy hair "hey, watch where your going" his deep voice ran out in my ears. Seriously he thought I was the problem, there was all that space around us and he chooses to stand directly behind me. "Excuse me, your the one in my way, there's all that space around us and you choose to stand next to me" I very annoyed. The tensed still my words and started to smell the air around him. I noticed he started to shake a little and breathing harder. I put my hand on his right shoulder and immediately felt a shock but it wasn't bad, it felt nice and it felt right. He slowly turned around to stare right into my eyes. It wasn't uncomfortable, if anything his eyes were filled with emotions, happiness, relief, pain and even if I'm not mistaken, love. His dark brown doe like eyes filled with tears, he tried his best to wipe them them away as fast as he could. I started to search around his face, he had a scar in his cheek, which was adorable. The more I stared the more I realised how hot this man was. So to distract myself if decided to break the silence "I'm sorry, are you ok?" The man sniffled a little and nodded wiping more tears. I have him a little sympathetic smile "Are you sure?" I tilted my head sideways, still staring at his face. The man chuckled "yes, I'm fine, thank you" I could tell he was lying but it wasn't my business. " well mystery guy, I have to go someone's waiting for me, I might see you around again" I started to head back to the pathway waving at the man, he waved back with a pained smile as he watched me run off. That's to was when I noticed he had ears on the top of his head, their small and round, with a golden colour with white fluffy bits sticking between the ears. They stood out a lot more with his black hair. I yelped in excitement while running. I just met another hybrid, I love them. I reached the bottom of the path to see Mr Lee staring off into the distance across the lake, his hands in his pockets, which usually meant he's in his serious mode, no jokes, no smiling, just talk and business. I looked at his face and jiggled the keys in front of him "here's the keys" It managed to draw his attention away from whatever it was he was staring at. He went back to smiling at me and taking the keys. I looked down at the boat in my hands and sighed sadly. This was the only closest thing I could do to remember my father. I couldn't go visit his grave as he's in the family vault and only family members know where the vault is and I'm the only one left. I know where it is, my father took me there a week before he died, he showed me and told me that my grandparents and mother were buried there too. It's a family thing, also that he too would be buried there and also myself and who ever I was to marry in the future as well as any children I would have. He told me family even in death we stay together and protect our family secrets. I don't know what that means but I'll find out one day. Mr Lee doesn't even know where the vault is. I'm the only living person that knows where it is. So you can imagine after my father died and after his funeral I had to take my fathers coffin by horse and carriage to the family vault by myself, with no help. Mr Lee protested at the idea of me being so young doing this myself but it was a family tradition and I wasn't going to let my father down. I was going to do this no matter how old I was. It was horrible though, having to take my father to the vault. I couldn't stop crying but I managed with the help of the technology and machines that my father had placed into the massive vault to help me. For myself to enter the vault I hand to use my blood and hand print as only blood family members could gain access to the vault.

I slowly bend down to place the boat on the water and gave the boat a little push to float away. I stood back next to Mr Lee and threw my arms around him as tears were threatening to fall. Once he wrapped his arms around me, I just brush into tears, I couldn't hold it in anymore. We stood there for what felt like hours, Mr Lee was rubbing circles in my back and trying to calm me down with his soothing deep voice. While at the same time he was staring back to the same spot as he did before as if using eye contact to communicate with someone. With all the crying and tears, I started to get sleepy and my legs almost gave way underneath me. Mr Lee noticed and picked me up bridal style and started walking towards the car.

Once we arrived back home, I didn't want to sleep anymore, I didn't want to eat either, I just wanted to spend some time in my music room. Mr Lee followed, knowing full well what I was planning on doing.

I love to play the piano. I play the piano to help release any emotions I have. Mr Lee take a seat on the cornered sofa and throws his head back and closes his eyes. Sighing softly as if he was comfy. I looked at him and slightly smiled at him, I'm so thankful to have him in my life, I don't know where I'd be without him. I looked back at the piano and started to play a peaceful yet emotional piece of music. I've been playing music for years but I can never remember who taught me. I've tried to remember but I get nothing. After playing piano for an hour I decided to stop. I looked over to Mr Lee to see him now spread out on the sofa, his head leading back against the wall with his mouth spread wide open. I giggled at the sight of him and took a blanket that was folded up on the coffee table in the room. I gently placed the blanket on top of him and gave him a quick peck on the cheek goodnight before walking to my bedroom to get ready for bed. Once I was all settled and cuddled up in bed, hugging my cuddle pillow, I drifted off to sleep praying that tonight for just this once I don't get the same nightmare.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

272K 8.6K 42
Juilet's father owns a very special hybrid centre. It consists of normal hybrids and mystical hybrids. It's rare to find even one mystical hybrid but...
515K 27K 80
Y/N has a steady job and lives alone, that is, until she tags along with her friend to the shelter. Jimin, Hobi, and Yoongi have been waiting to get...
1.4M 76.5K 66
Pak Y/n wonders this world alone. She lost her family from a very young age and just her sisters a few years later. Humans were becoming extinct and...
162K 7.3K 40
Y/N did something that has caused her to have to run away and hide. And she doesn't regret it. 7 Hybrids are on the run from their past trying to sta...