Shattered (A Chat Blanc Fic)

By lu_na_rei

When Chat Noir's feelings are rejected by Ladybug, he doesn't take it well and he gets akumatized. Now all he... More

Rejection
Akuma
Threat
Escape
Disappearance
Realisation
Author's note
Author's special
Inner Conflict
Decisions
Mari...?
Home

Love

526 14 7
By lu_na_rei

Adrien awoke with a start. His head was pounding and he felt an ache in his chest that he didn't recognize before. He seemed to be in his room, from what he could make out. A sharp pain shot through the right side of his body as soon as he tried to move, which made him yelp painfully."What happened...?" he asked himself, softly.

"Ah, you're awake? I'm glad.Everything's alright, sweetie. Please don't worry about anything," the person purred, coming closer to where he was sitting. Something about the voice sounded too familiar.

He turned his head and soon caught sight of a woman standing just a few centimetres away from him. Shock filled his features as he recognized the woman in front of him.

"M-Mom?"

-----------------------------------------------

Chat Blanc leapt away with the Ladybug Miraculous in hand, slightly curious as to find out what Hawk Moth needed the Miraculouses for. He reached the Agreste mansion as he and Hawk Moth had agreed, in a couple of moments, proceeding to bang on the door to be allowed to enter. He was met with Nathalie's stoic expression, that soon turned into one of fear and slight disgust. He hissed at her before inching past her and into the house, where Hawk Moth stood at the feet of the staircase, waiting for him with an eager grin.

"I see you have returned, Blanc. Do you have the Miraculouses as we had promised?" the older man asked, holding out the palm of his left hand.

"Yeah, yeah, here's your pretty little set of jewelry, old man," Blanc replied, placing the pair of earrings into Hawk Moth's gloved, yet strangely rough hand. With this, he turned around to leave, when Hawk Moth stepped forward and held his shoulder. "Oh, you aren't going anywhere," he muttered, the awfully familiar smell of musk stinging Chat Blanc's nostrils. Annoyed, the younger male turned around to glare at him. "Tsk. What do you need me for? We've already settled the deal. My freedom for Ladybug's Miraculous," he said, crossing his arms. He pushed off Hawk Moth's hand and began to walk away. The said man gave out a small chuckle.

"What if I told you...that you could finally be with your mother once again?"

Chat Blanc stopped. He turned around to face the smirking man with a mixed expression. The same splitting headache returned and he held his head between his hands in pain. The voice he had heard before in his head now seemed to push through the barriers of his mind and it began to speak, or rather, yell.

"What the fuck would you know about my mother?!" it yelled, followed up with a small growl. "And why should I trust you, of all people?"

Hawk Moth's expression suddenly went dark.

"I know more about your mother than you ever will, Adrien."

Chat's eyes widened in shock. How could he have possibly known? He never told Hawk Moth anything about his personal life...he made sure of it...and yet...here he was, calling him Adrien! Did he drop any hints that could have thrown him off? Did Hawk Moth somehow know his father and him personally? Where was his father? Now that he thought about it, why would Hawk Moth do all this in his father's mansion, of all places? It just wasn't possible at all!

After the voice in his head seemed to quiet down, another completely different train of thoughts began in his head soon after.

But no...he wasn't Adrien...not anymore...he was Chat Blanc. And this old man had no authority to address him as someone who didn't even exist anymore. He had to be acknowledged for who he was now, not what he was in the past. The Adrien from before was a weak pushover who believed anything someone told him...but Chat Blanc...he was going to find out the truth about his mother.

"I don't know who you're talking about," Chat Blanc replied, maintaining a stoic expression. "Just show me what you want to show me and let me go."

Hawk Moth calmly led him to a portrait of his mother. "Do you remember her?" he asked, silently. And before he even realised it, Chat felt a small tear run down his cheek. "Maybe I do," he said, quickly wiping away the tear using the back of his hand. He couldn't show his emotions in front of this man. "And why are we just staring at this portait?"

Without a word, Hawk Moth leaned forward and pushed what seemed to be two triangular buttons. This opened up a small tunnel through which they both went down in an elevator. Chat Blanc stared at the taller man in shock and anger. "What the fuck is this?!" he shouted, angrily. "How the hell do you know so much about my father's mansion?!" Hawk Moth remained silent throughout the ride, and only coughed slightly when they reached the bottom of the elevator. The elevator door opened and soon, Chat felt himself being dragged towards the centre of the room, where bright sunlight shone and some trees and flowers grew.

"Mom used to love gardening
..." the voice spoke again, quietly. Chat squinted and managed to notice some sort of large, glass containment vessel with something or someone inside it. He felt uneasy, and considered turning back, but abandoned the idea when Hawk Moth glared at him dangerously. The sound of their footsteps echoed throughout the room, to add to Blanc's anxiety. Something told him that he probably wouldn't like what he was going to see.

They both stopped at the centre of the room."Chat Blanc...I'd like you to meet your mother...Emilie Agreste," Hawk Moth began, stretching his left arm out towards the containment vessel. Chat shook violently and immediately dropped to his knees as soon as he caught sight of the woman inside the coffin.
She was just as beautiful as he had remembered with her beautiful blonde hair and petite build. Her eyes were shut, yet her expression was peaceful, almost as if she was asleep. Chat had to remind himself mentally that he was looking at a dead person, and not simply his sleeping mother who could be awoken.

All of the emotions he had been repressing since his transformation began to bubble up once again. The tears flowing like streams fron his eyes couldn't be controlled at this point. He clenched his chest in pain, not knowing what to feel at that moment. Waves of completely different emotions washed over him all at once and all he could do was let a loud scream tear free from his throat. His mother...the woman he had wanted to meet again after so many years lying in a coffin in front of him...it couldn't be real! It had to be a dream...he couldn't believe it....unless...unless he could feel her skin graze his own once more.

By pure impulse, he got up and staggered to the coffin, leaning his forehead on the glass surrounding the body and banging it repeatedly. "Mom...mom...is th-this really you...?" His tears dropped onto the glass and travelled downwards where they landed on the grass underneath.

Hawk Moth huffed slightly before walking toward Chat Blanc and slowly pulling him away from the coffin and laying his hands on Chat's shoulders.

"This is why I want the Miraculouses, Adrien...so I can bring her back to us...we'll be happy this way...both you and I..."Hawk Moth began. "I am doing this for the both of us."

Something struck Chat almost immediately. What did Hawk Moth mean by "us"? He was talking about him (Adrien) and...who? Unless...unless Hawk Moth....was his father...it couldn't be referring to anyone else. No...no...no...it wasn't possible...no...his father...and Hawk Moth...the same people?! He couldn't believe it...and yet he couldn't stop the word from escaping his lips.

"F-Father?" he asked shakily. In response to this, Hawk Moth simply got down on one knee and enveloped him in a hug that he would have never expected from his father. Multiple tears dropped onto his father's shoulder as the boy slowly and shakily wrapped his arms around him. "F-Father...I can't believe--"

His sentence was cut short by the sickening crunch of his arm being twisted. Yelling out in pain, he took one look into his father's eyes, which were now filled with greed and malice. A twisted smirk lined his thin lips as he stood up, his gaze not leaving the boy. The older man proceeded to tap his staff thrice on the ground beneath them, and soon Chat Blanc's body was writhing in pain much worse than how his arm was feeling. His chest felt like something was ripping his heart out alive, and the rest of his body felt like there were tiny razors slicing through every inch of his skin. As the darkness that had consumed him left his body, he slowly began to lose consciousness little by little.

He silently watched as the akuma flew out of his ring and into Hawk Moth's staff, making Chat Blanc transform back into Chat Noir. Hawk Moth grabbed his broken arm and pulled the ring off his finger, further detransforming him into his son Adrien Agreste. "Mom..." he mumbled, his eyes shutting slowly. The last thing he heard was the sound of a deep chuckle before he drifted off into darkness.

------------------------------------------------

Combining the power of the two Miraculouses will give the user ultimate power and will grant a user one wish that they may fulfil. However, a sacrifice must be made if the user is to fulfil the wish, which may lead to disastrous consequences...

----------------------------------------------

OOF, that was super angsty and depressing to write!

Hello again! I'm back with another late chapter, but I hope you enjoyed it anyway! The thing is, I was planning to write according to a storyline that would help me finish this story quicker, but when I thought about it, it didn't seem to make sense, so I changed the storyline, and now there will be more chapters, it will make more sense and I hope it will be more interesting from now.

Also, I know about the Chat Blanc episode that came out recently and ASKDSSSKADSK I WAS SHOOK!!! I did NOT see that coming at all!

I hope that I the next chapter will be as long as this one was! Until next time!

Love, Artistic
<333

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

37.7K 1.2K 21
Trahison. What does it mean? It means several things, but there is one meaning in particular that you need to understand. I've changed. For the bette...
132K 4K 21
It's been four years since Marinette Dupain-Cheng became Ladybug, one of the many super heroes of Paris, although the others are only called on in ca...
117K 2.8K 23
One fateful day in Paris, Ladybug is having her monthly check-up meeting with Master Fu; learning that every Ladybug in Chat Noir in history have be...
76.8K 1.3K 9
Marinette is living the best life, being Ladybug and all, but when Chat Noir becomes his akumatized version, what will happen? Whatever happens Mar...