Freak Shake (The Hollens Book...

By MavelineBelle

Jevan Hollen, son of the billionaire Evan Hollen, was the most popular boy in his highschool. His excellence... More

Introduction
Being The New Girl
Underneath Wings
It Starts With A Smile
Ending The Beginning
Cheer For Us Or Against Us
Get Your Lunch On
Roses Are Red
Only Fools Rush In
Crazy
You Got That Right
Sealed With A Kiss
Tell Me About It
Anger Written In Red
When The Moms Meet
History Has It
The First Argument
When The Pressure Arrives
Certainly
Let's Party
Happy Birthday Jevan
The Last Hold
Without Her
Truth
The Letter
Pop Up, Guess Who?
Night Flight To France
Lost For Words
Meeting Jason
Set The Date
What You Don't Know
What Are Friends For
Trouble In Paradise
A Wrath and A Secret
The Bedroom Picnic
MamaBear
Red Flag
Blast From The Past
Unexpectedly
All Things Lost
Force To Reckon With
Trail Of Fire
In Your Shoes
Dark to Light
Supposed To Be
Disastrous Dates
Parental Control
The Recovery
Truth and Trust
The Event
Are You Ready
What's Coming ???
From One Hundred To Zero
The Misunderstand-Ring
Confessions Of A Bitch
Additional
Dahlia
The Hunt Continues
Rocks In The Head
Crossing BorderLine
Who Knew
Chip Off The Old Block
Dare The Dream
Come Back
To Have And To Let Go
The Light At The End
Trial
Happy Ever After Does Exist

Too Close For Comfort

12.1K 840 180
By MavelineBelle

Jevan's POV

"JEVAN! JEVAN! I'VE GOT SOMETHING TO TELL YOU!" My sister's voice carried as she stepped into my office.

"Jada, one of the purpose of having a door is that so people can knock," I calmly told her, typing in my computer without giving her eye contact.

"Oh shut up. I'm not one of your little assistants," she laced.

"Of course not. And you couldn't be. I would have fired you a long time ago," I shot back.

"Whatever."

"Jada, I got tons of work to get done and a meeting in the next ten minutes. What do you want?"

"I was at the mall flat, finalizing the payments with the owners when...."

"Hold up. Wait a minute. Finalising the payments? You're buying the mall flat?"

"Actually, dad is."

"Yeah. Because you told him to and as the spoil princess that you are, he bought it for you."

"You got L.A Hollen Tower and Jase got the one in NYC so why can't I have a mall?"

"Hollen Tower got more than two branches. We're even international, Jada. You can have a tower."

"You think I want to sit behind a desk all day in a suit and attend meetings with people I don't even know or like?"

I narrowed my eyes at her. "Okay, you're your own person. But you wanted a salon, not a mall flat."

"I'm turning the mall flat into the biggest hair and beauty salon in L.A."

The mall flat was a piece of property just beyond Hollen Tower that was designed to construct another mall. It was on a stand still. The owners ran into some money problems when a fraud accusation arose and landed one of them in jail.

I chuckled. "Jada, that's stupid. You really think that is going to be successful? A big hair salon? Almost every celebrity got their personal hairstylist and makeup artist as well."

"I'm not doing this to attract celebs. What about the minorities, Jevan? What about the young ladies or even grown women in L.A who loves doing hair and makeup but can't afford a place because rent is so damn expensive? Some are even doing hair out on their porches. I'm going to put a change to that because I'm going to build that big ass hair salon and hire them to work in it. And don't worry about celebrities, they're going to come. I got what it takes."

"Okay. I wish you all the best in that endeavor."

"You don't mean that. You want to see me fail and come running to you asking for a job."

"Jada, you're my little sister. I don't ever want to see you fail. You got big dreams and you're passionate about it and you care about the people who don't got much. A person with a heart like yours can't fail. I'm proud of you and I'll support you."

The next thing I knew, she was hugging me around my neck. "I love you big brother."

"Big brother loves you too but now you got to leave. I got a meeting."

I rose and straightened my suit.

"I still haven't told you what I came to tell you," she blurted out.

I exhaled sharply. "What again, Jada?"

"Well, as you already know, the mall flat is next to the already constructed and operating mall, right?"

"Right."

"Well, after I was through with talking to the owners, I decided to take a roam in the actual mall. You'll never guess who I saw."

"Who?"

"Blossom and her son."

My heart fluttered. "And you came all the way here to tell me you saw my ex-girlfriend and her kid?" I asked and played off the feeling in my chest.

"No. I came to ask you why the hell you were asking about hazel eyes at dinner that time because that little boy got grey eyes like ours."

"Are you high? He doesn't have grey eyes. His eyes are hazel."

"I SAW THEM!"

"I saw them too. And I was very close to him, literally looking him in the eyes."

"Jevan, I'm serious."

"Jada, you always had a color problem. Remember that time you mistook yellow for red and dyed your hair yellow? How can someone mistook yellow dye for a red one? Only you."

"The dye had a labeling error! I know my colors and that little boy got grey eyes!"

"Jada, have a nice day. I got a meeting. I'll walk you out."

"I even sent him a toy. A Power Ranger toy thingy he wanted but Blossom couldn't afford it."

"Or she probably just don't want to spoil her kid like the way you're spoil. And how did you know where she lived?"

"I kinda followed her. Saw her get into her girlfriend's car."

"JADA!"

"What? It's not like she doesn't know who I am. And I'm not going to stalk your girl and your son."

"Stop. She's not my girl and Jason isn't my son. There's the elevator. Tell mom I said hi."

Jada had more than enough money to buy a mansion of her own but my mother wanted her living with them and Jada had no intentions of going her own way. She was definitely spoiled by both mom and dad.

Dad showered her with anything she wanted and mom showered her with love and compassion. Not saying that myself and Jase weren't given the same luxury as well, but when it came to Jada, there was always an extra mile for her.

I loved her though. She was the mini-version of mom.

_______________

In the meeting, Jada's words couldn't leave my head. I shook it off and tried to refocus but it replayed over and over.

"Son, what do you think about that?" my father's voice cut through.

"Huh? Huh? About....."

"Jevan Hollen. This is no time for daydreaming," my father said again.

"Sorry, I'm just not.. I'm just not feeling well so suddenly," I covered.

"Okay. Get some rest son. I'll take over for the day or until you're better. Need me to take you home?"

"Thanks dad, but no. I think I can manage."

"You're not driving if you're ill. I'll take you home. EJ can take care of the meeting."

____________

My father took me home because I lied. Now, I was stuck with Adobi and a wedding planner.

I sat down in the dinning room area, listening in on them from the living room.

"Oh, peach is perfect!" I heard Adobi saying.

"Peach? I hated peach! Peach made me look pail and lifeless. I didn't own a piece of peach clothing," I said to myself.

"All the men would be sitting together at the reception and the women would have their own section," the wedding planner said next.

"Wait a minute, so my mom can't sit with my dad for the entire wedding reception? What kind of shitty ass wedding is happening?" I asked myself again.

"And the cake would be plain white frosting and..... "

"THAT'S IT!" I yelled. I was present in the living room now.

"Mr. Hollen, is there an issue?" the planner asked.

"No to everything!" I said.

"Excuse me?"

"You heard me. No to the sitting orders. No to the peach! And who the fuck wants a plain white frosting cake on their wedding day? We're getting married, not having a christening."

"JEVAN! You're out of line!" Adobi snapped.

"Out of line? You're sitting here allowing this wedding planner to plan a disaster and I'm out of line? I want an eventful wedding, not a funeral!"

"And if I can recall, you had your chances to say how you pictured our wedding but you ignored all the meetings," Adobi said again.

"What's your point? I can still say what I want. It's not too late to change it. The wedding isn't until November."

"No. I changed the date."

"YOU WHAT?" My blood came to a boil.

"I had the date and month changed. It's not November anymore. It's next month."

____________________

A/N

Adobi changed the date for the wedding to next month 😳 and Jevan isn't liking it.

Next Chapter would be

*Trouble in Paradise* ❤🥳

*Let me know if you enjoyed this chapter by voting on it*

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

866K 14.8K 43
They say that nowadays, love cease to exist. It's just a myth. To which it never existed. That it was just in fairytale. Or in movie's, book but not...
26 12 19
*COMPLETED STORY* In the most prestigious high school in Nashville, Anchor High, Bloom Anderson, a rich, flashy and pompous girl attends. and her nam...
222K 5.6K 12
[THIS IS A SAMPLE] Read the full story on Radish fiction. The link is in my Wattpad Bio. ---- Johnathan has always been helplessly in love with Wayne...
29.5K 573 17
High School Love follows 4 teenage friends as they go through the trials and tribulations of love. But when lies, jealousy, and betrayal happen how m...