Run and Hide(Completed)

By MaddieRxoxo

COMPLETED. When both Amy and Alan have had enough of their out of control teenage son they send him to Philad... More

Traded Out
Matter Of Time
Beatin' Too Fast
Hide, Run
Losin' Fight
Before They Break
Feelin' and Fallin'
Holdin' Back
Run, Hide
Worth The While
Young Hearts
All A Mistake
Love's A Loaded Gun
A Kiss Goodnight
Nobody Wants To Fight
Run and Hide
Sequel

I Wanna Be Loved

999 34 84
By MaddieRxoxo

Thank you for all the reviews/votes! This got all the way up to ranked number 5 in Sabrina Carpenter! I think that's the highest ranking I've had! Thanks again! It's been 3 years since Sabrina released her best album so far. It has the song "Run and Hide" on it which this book is named after and lyrics from the song are the chapters titles so go listen to EVOLUtion today because it is one of the best albums ever!!!

Disclaimer: I own nothing.

Sorry for any spelling/grammar mistakes.

Enjoy!

I Wanna Be Loved

"Maya! Josh!"

Both walked out of their rooms at the same time and looked over at each other with concern looks.

"What's going on?" Josh asked, softly as he walked over to Maya.

"I don't know," Maya breathed out looking at Josh with worried eyes.

"Do you think they know about us?"

Maya bit her bottom lip as fear ran through her entire body at the thought of losing Josh. She shrugged, praying her parents were still in the dark about the two. She wasn't ready to give Josh up. They were just getting started.

"How would they even know?"

Maya shook her head as her mind raced, trying to think of anything that would give them away. "I have no clue."

Josh stopped her before the two were in her parents' eyesight. He used her chin to guide his mouth to hers for a soft kiss.

Maya gave him a small smile, as their eyes spoke to each other before going to face her parents.

The two walked down the stairs and into the kitchen surprised to find her parents getting ready to walk out the door with Shawn carrying their overnight bags while Katy was grabbing some snacks and drinks for the two.

"There you two are. It took you two long enough. Shawn got called for last minute out of town for a job and I'm going with him. We won't be back until late tomorrow night. You two are expected to get up and go to school as normal. No skipping. We will know."

Both Maya and Josh closed her eyes relieved for a moment before looking at each other.

Shawn stared at the two teens in front of him. "You two going to be okay on your own again?"

Maya glanced at Josh before looking over at her step-father. "Yeah," she answered. "You two left us alone for a weekend. One school night is nothing. We will be fine."

Shawn slowly nodded, his eyes never leaving the two teens in front of him.

"We should get going. It's already getting late," Katy interrupted. "Here is some money for pizza and there is still leftovers in refrigerator from last night's dinner. We will be back late tomorrow night."

Maya nodded, as she took the cash and followed behind her parents to say goodbye.

XOXOJOSHAYAXOXO

Maya and Josh both stood there watching her parents' car pull away and out of sight. Josh looked up at the sky as he felt raindrops start to hit the top of his head. "We should go inside before it starts pouring."

Maya shook her head, giving him a look.

Josh raised his eyebrows, "No? But it's already starting to rain," he complained as he pointed up to the sky.

Maya smiled, grabbing Josh's hand and pulling him in the direction of her backyard. "Come on, I have to show you something."

"In your backyard?" he questioned.

"Kind of. It's more in the woods."

Josh frowned. "You want to take me into the woods when it's about to be dark, raining and no one will know where we are because we are home alone? That doesn't sound like a good idea. Do you plan on killing me?"

Maya's smile only grew wider. "Maybe," she shrugged. "I guess it's up to you whether you want to risk your life and come with me or not," she grinned before running away from him.

Josh chuckled, shaking his head, before starting to chase after her. The two laughed, kissed, and chased each other a long the way in to the woods as the trees sheltered them a little out of the rain.

"Where are we going?" Josh asked, lacing their fingers together to stop her and pull her back to him. Josh looked back and he could still see part of the Hunter's house in the distance so he knew they weren't real deep in to the wood.

"You'll see," Maya answered, kissing him quickly and dragging him just a little further into the woods before stopping and pointing up at a tree house. "Come on," she ordered, climbing the steps up.

Josh looked a little doubtful, "Is this safe?"

"Let's hope so," she smiled as she climbed up on the wooden stairs that led up to the tree house.

Josh returned her smile before following her up and ducking down some so he wouldn't hit his head on the roof. He watched her grab some old blankets out of a little chest in the corner and lay one out on the floor for them while tossing a couple of blankets off to the side. He sat down, looking around the tree house. A smile coming to his face at the sight of Maya's drawings taped to the tree house's walls.

"Phone?" Maya demanded, holding out her hand.

Josh looked at her questioningly but dug it out of his back pocket and handed it to her. She turned the flashlights on both of their phones to light the tree house up. Josh watched her from his spot before his eyes glanced around the tree house as he listened to his the raindrops hit the roof and a thought popped into his head. "This wouldn't happen to be where Farkle gave you your first kiss, is it?" he asked, raising an eyebrow.

Maya blushed, biting her lip. "No," she answered, smiling. "He told you?"

Josh nodded, "He did."

"Are you jealous?" she teased, as she laid the phones on the opposite sides of the tree house to light it up.

"Should I be?"

Maya smirked, "Maybe."

"So you're saying I have to go and kick Farkle's ass after he reassured me I didn't have to? Shame because I liked the guy."

Maya shook her head, playfully rolling her eyes. "You're ridiculous."

"You like it."

Once again, Maya playfully rolled her eyes while smiling. "I wouldn't even call it a kiss," she eased. "It was more like a peck and it was during truth or dare over in Riley's basement."

"So," he dragged out the o. "I don't have to be worried about you having some undying love for Farkle buried in that heart of your's?"

"Hmm..." Maya pretended to ponder for a moment, "No," she finally answered causing Josh to chuckle as she crawled to sit across from him.

"Good to know."

"I bet it is."

Josh smiled. He eyed her for a moment, before he once again found himself taking in the tree house and some of Maya's old drawings hanging on the wall, "Did you come here a lot growing up?" he asked, changing the subject as the two got more comfortable.

Maya nodded. "Shawn built this for me right after he married my mom. It was his first "dad project". He wanted me to have the best tree house out of all of my friends," she laughed, her mind flashing back to when she was thirteen.

"I think he succeeded," Josh chuckled, glancing around the surprisingly big tree house. "I mean we both can lay down in here if we wanted to and we are older than thirteen."

Maya nodded, smiling her own eyes glancing around her tree house before moving to straddle Josh's waist and wrapping her arms loosely around his neck. "You want to know a secret?"

Josh eyed her before slowly nodding.

"You are the first person I've ever brought in here besides Riley."

Josh frowned, wondering why she wouldn't want her friends to come up here.

"This was my escape," she answered his unasked question. "When I needed a break from everyone including my friends I would come here. You are the only person outside of my parents, Mr. and Mrs. Matthews and Riley that know about this tree house hidden in the woods in the back of my house."

"So what you are saying is I'm special?"

Maya pressed her lips together, holding onto his gaze, "You're more than that."

Josh stared into Maya's eyes for a moment before bringing his hands up to gently cupped her cheeks between them, his thumbs caressing her cheeks, "I feel the exact same about you," he told her, quietly, causing her to smile before he pulled her in for a quick but loving kiss. "You want to know a secret?"

Maya nodded as Josh still held her face between his hands and kissed her again.

"You scare me," he murmured against her lips.

Maya took in a deep breath at his words as Josh pulled away to look her in the eyes. Josh gave her a small smile and couldn't help but peck her lips again before speaking.

"I came here thinking this would all be a joke. I would just have fun but do what I had to do so I could go back home and cause the same hell that I was doing before I came here but probably worse," he admitted, swallowing. "Never in a million years when I heard Shawn had a daughter did I believe she would be the one to change my life. To make me want to change my life around and be the person everyone believes I can be. To be the person to get under my skin and I would actually like it," he laughed, causing Maya to smile and bite her lip before his expression turned serious. "Never in a million years did I think I would meet someone who makes me feel complete again. I never thought I would feel this way again after losing baseball. I don't know when it happened but it did and I know one thing for sure is I want you in my life for the rest of my life because I've fallen in love with you."

Maya felt her heart melt and start to beat faster at his confession. "Josh," she breathed out, staring into his eyes.

"I don't expect you to say anything but I just wanted to share-"

"Josh," she cut him off, her own hands going to cup his cheeks to shut him up. "I'm in love with you too."

The two stayed still after their confessions, their eyes focused on each other before Maya closed the small gap between the two. She felt Josh pull her body even closer to his as the kiss deepen and became heated. She pulled away, their breathing both heavy as he still held her face in between his hands keeping their faces so close their noses touched as they stared in to each other's eyes. "Josh," Maya breathed out, her eyes telling him everything and more.

Josh looked at her surprised, pulling back some. "I didn't tell you that so you would have sex with me."

"I know," Maya slowly nodded. The two's eyes never leaving each other. "But, I want to," she told him, softly. "I want to," she said again more strongly when she saw the questioning in Josh's eyes. "Josh, I'm ready. I trust you and I love you and I want to take this step with you. Right here. Right now," she reassured him, placing another long kiss on his mouth before lifting her arms up so he could easily pull her shirt off before she peeled his shirt off as he left wet hot kisses down her cheek to her neck as he slowly lied her on her back.

He pulled away, lovingly staring down into her blue eyes. "You are so beautiful."

Maya smiled, blushing. She lifted up, placing a soft kiss on his mouth.

"Are you sure?" he asked again, running his hand over her cheek. "We can stop."

She gazed into his questioning eyes before pressing her lips to his, giving him her answer with no hesitation.

XOXOJOSHAYAXOXO

Maya cuddled up closer to Josh as she listened to Josh's heartbeat against his chest. A small smile came to her face as she thought of the actions that happened not too long ago. Her cheeks turned pink as parts of her body still hurt and ache but she wouldn't take it back. She loved how gentle, slow and loving Josh was with her. She could still feel his thumb wiping away her tears across her cheek and the way his eyes stared loving into her eyes and tried to kiss away her pain. She felt Josh start to play with her hair, another smile coming to her face. She slowly opened her eyes, glancing up to meet his.

"Hi."

"Hi," Maya returned his smile and used his same gentle tone as she stared into the eyes she now felt a stronger connection to.

"How are you feeling?" Josh asked, softly.

"Sore," Maya admitted. "But amazing."

"I'm sorry I can't really do anything about the soreness-"

"Josh, it's okay. It's what is expected when you lose your virginity," she cut him off, laughing. "Thank you for being gentle with me."

"I would never do anything to purposely hurt you."

"I know," Maya murmured, giving him a small smile.

Josh returned her small smile before tilting her face up so his lips could meet her's.

"What time is it?" she asked against his lips.

Josh reached over to grab Maya's phone as his was dead, "A little after one."

"We should go back to the house and continue this in the comfort of one of our beds. We have to get up in few hours for school."

"Sounds like a plan," he agreed, placing a quick kiss on her mouth as he sat up and started to gather their clothes. Once both were dressed, Maya looked over at the blankets and decided to worry about them later. She just wanted to make it back to her or Josh's bed as soon as possible.

"Ready?" Josh asked, catching her attention.

Maya nodded, smiling up at Josh as he stared her in the eyes, tucking a piece of hair behind her ear, before leaning in to press a soft kiss on her lips and lacing his fingers through hers and leading her way out.

The two walked in through the dark kitchen and Maya quickly flipped the lights on and instantly regretted it because it made both her and Josh stop in their tracks.

"Where the hell have you two been?"

What did you guys think? Please leave me a review with your thoughts. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

50.3K 1.1K 53
In which she falls for her brother's best friend ❝When I need a friend, You're the one that I choose, We're better together, Whenever we get stars...
62.8K 1.6K 27
The Continuing Saga of Riley and her friends as they tackle their Sophomore year in High School. The ups, the downs, and everything in between. What...
14.2K 188 27
Elena always found her childhood best friend attractive but she didn't know she had feelings for him till he started dating her best friend so she ha...
105K 2.6K 31
β—‹β—‹β—‹β€’COMPLETEDβ€’β—‹β—‹β—‹ After a traumatic past Joshua Matthews turns himself into a bad boy, partying every night and not caring at all what people think...