His Saviour

By ariesstarz

Imogen worked nights in a popular city nightclub in Manchester, England. Under the management of Kate her bo... More

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
Epilogue

22

6.6K 196 11
By ariesstarz

"Wait what's going on Zach" I ran around his room trying to grab all of my clothes. He was supposed to be starting breakfast when he ran into the room pushing my clothes to my chest.

Is this what being a booty call feels like because this sucked.

"My parents are coming over, this place is a mess, can you grab your bra from the table" Zach pinched his nose annoyed.

I ran over and shoved them into my bag.

"Seriously Zach do you know how cheap I feel right now" was he seriously still scared of his parents. Yes, I admit this isn't a lovely way to come to your son's house but c'mon isn't this high school problems.

"Don't take it personally, just put your clothes on and meet me outside when you're done" Zach ran out of the room after shoving on a t-shirt and spraying some deodorant on.

He wasn't messing with me. When I heard the main door open and a woman's voice, I knew this was real shit.

I had no other option, its either hide in here and hope to god they don't see me, or I actually face the music and meet his parents.

When I looked somewhat presentable, I walked out of his bedroom. My eyes instantly met a young boy who was just casually walking through the hallway his hand buried in a bag of Cheetos.

"who are you?" he said narrowing his eyes at me.

"oh, you're his girlfriend right, the one that saved his ass that time" I was lost for words. I honestly didn't think he would know about that.

It's not like it's a big secret though.

He stared at me for a few seconds before breaking out into a chilling grin " Now I'm not pissed they dragged me out here, this just got interesting" I was surprised when he linked with my arm and started walking us both to the main part of the house.

"Look who I found in the hallway" This boy sang out. This captured the attention of Zach and both his parents.

I didn't miss the way the mother checked me out almost with a fine tooth comb, she wasn't overjoyed to see me that's all I know.

Boosted my ego slightly too.

"Nice to meet you Imogen, I'm Thomas and this is my wife Angela" The man stepped forward holding his hand out to me. I looked over at Angela after. But I didn't get the warm welcome, quite the opposite actually.

She stared at me for a few seconds before turning to her son. " I really didn't think I'd have to come all this way just to see my son, is this what makes you too busy to see us" she moaned at Zach. I felt very uncomfortable.

She was clearly talking about me.

"you know I'm very busy with work mom, this has nothing to do with Gen" Zach thankfully came to my defence.

" I need to head off to work, catch up with you later " I refrained from making a scene in front of everyone. I just kissed him on the cheek. I didn't know what kind of mother and son relationship they had but I didn't have the balls to get into it this morning.

"Oh, we don't mind driving you. Where do you work?" Thomas said stepping forward. It was settled Thomas was the nicer one of the two.

I shook my head "That won't be necessary, the bar isn't far from here" with that I left the room. Only to hear her exclaim "A BAR"

Let's just say, I don't think she was overjoyed that I worked at a bar.

Hours later I found myself slaving away at the bar. It was a busy night yet again with students using their special vouchers to get free shots. Flashing their ID'S around like there was no tomorrow.

From the corner of my eye I watched a nervous looking boy taking shots with his friends. His friend had asked for about 6 sets of shots in the last hour. They clearly weren't planning on leaving here with the ability to walk.

"I remember the days" Cameron said staring at the group as well.

We stood up straight when we saw the guys walking over to the bar, no doubt asking for more shots.

"are you alright" I asked the nervous boy pouring them their shots.

He could only nod reassuring me, but it didn't reach the eyes. I felt bad for him. No doubt he felt pressured to drink as much as his friends. I've seen this, way too many times.

"Filter the shots down" I whispered into Cameron's ear. He grinned as he did exactly that. If he wasn't willing to help himself we would have to be the ones.

I grabbed a towel and started to wipe the tables from the spilled alcohol. As soon as my boss walked in a gave me a brief nod to my left I clocked out and headed over to the back.

Sat reclined in a comfy lounge chair was Zach. His position was quite concerning. This time he didn't have anybody with him which meant he was here for me.

As I approached him, I ran my fingers through his hair and kissed him on the cheek. He circled my waist and pulled me tightly into his lap.

"What a fucking day" he groaned, irritated. I felt bad for him, really he had no control over how his parents viewed me, no doubt they or more specifically his mom gave him a hard time about me.

" I didn't know you were such a momma's boy" I commented.

He groaned leaning into the chair more and bringing me down with him. " I really wish I wasn't but the fact is, I spent most of my childhood desperate for the attention of my successful and busy mom that now I wish I didn't because its painful" this clearly wasn't a joking matter.

" I'm sure she's just looking out for you" I'm sure she's extremely proud of what he's become I cant blame her for being a little protective.

" how can you say that" he asked me.

It isn't easy being judged that strong by your boyfriend's mother but it's not something you really have control over.

I shrugged " I've met a fair share of passionate mothers in my days, I can only hope she sticks around long enough to found out about me"

Zach seemed happy with my answer, he placed a soft kiss on my neck.

" I won't let her chase you away, when she gets to know you she will love you" He said confidently even though I knew there was some doubt in his mind.

I just hope that was true.

My shift was practically over, Zach walked us to his car, he was going to drop me off home.

" I think I'll be back on Tuesday, depends how long it takes to get this deal" Zach explained to me as he pulled out of the car park.

"You'll be okay?" he asked me like it was going to be detrimental that I be without him for a few days.

I rolled my eyes "you know I survived all this time before I found you tied up in a basement, right?" sometimes I forget that's how all this started. I hope he never forget it either, he needs to know that I saved him from probably dying. But you know I'm trying to stay humble about everything.

Key word there, trying.

"How could I forget" He grinned.

We arrived at my house finally. This time Zach wasn't coming int to join me he really needed to head back and pack before his flight tomorrow.

"Call me later" I whispered as I removed my seatbelt.

He nodded. He bit his lips slightly and I knew what was coming next. He leant over the middle section pulling my neck and kissing me. I warmed into his hold kissing him back just as eagerly.

" Don't worry about your mom, it will all work out Zach" I said as I pulled away, I left my hand on the back of his neck. Knowing him, he would continue to worry about this matter for days.

I smiled as I left the car and headed inside. I was actually relieved when I arrived home. Ive spent most of my days either working long hours or at Zach's place.

I think I'll take a few days off to just sort my self out. I haven't done a big clean in a long time. I also have that bridesmaid appointment tomorrow so I should probably make sure I go to that.

Scrolling through my newsfeed I stopped when I saw an old friend of mine, she had posted a picture. A selfie of her having dinner, no doubt with her boyfriend.

I liked it and carried on.

I found myself scrolling for most of the evening. What I didn't expect was to get a new message in my dm's from her.

Biiiiitch, youre going to stalk me but not say hello"

Looking at the message I wasn't even surprised she was always a violent woman. I admit I probably should have messaged her, we were pretty close in the past. I wouldn't mind linking up again.

Hey beautiful x

She was typing instantly, not a second to waste.

She came back with a picture. An old picture. Jesus Christ, who the fuck is that. The picture was a really young picture of us both in our pyjamas in my parent's house.

I get it, billionaire boyfriends are more important than 8 years of friendship. Was her sassy response.

She can't seriously be blaming me this. Friendships work both ways you know.

Save the theatrics you little shit I'll come see you soon

I'm sure she is just dying to know all about Zach, she was always so incredibly nosey and couldn't wait to hear the latest gossip in our friendship group.

After our little chat we swapped numbers and I said I would find some time for her possibly next week.

The rest of my evening was relaxed. A cozy bowl of pasta along with a glass of wine and finished with a warm bath. A bath normally seems to get me ready for bed, makes me tired.

Even though my night was cozy, warm and relaxing I still couldn't shake the thoughts about Zach's mom. I could tell that his dad wasn't going to be a problem but him mom wasn't going to be easy.

I didn't want to force anything, I wanted her to like me for real and I didn't want to force anything between us because if I could really see a future with Zach I wanted our relationship to be real.

I tried to fight the urge to do some serious in depth research on her but I soon found myself searching her in google. I didn't even know what I was looking for, I just wanted to have some background information.

Maybe Karly could give me some insight.

Karly : What do you know about Zach's parents?

I could only hope that she could give me some real advice that maybe could help me out. Zach has it easy, my mom loves him without even meeting him yet. All he had to do was be a gentleman and he was sorted for life. Dad appears to be hesitant but I just know that he is trying to be a strict, controlling dad. It's a façade.

Karly soon replied.

Oh shit, I'll be over in the morning

Well that's a great response.

Or not.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.9M 74.8K 40
Hailey is hired by her ruthless, cold, and Sexy boss who is also wealthy Mr. Valerian. He is used to getting his way with girls, any girl. But Hailey...
1.1M 35.8K 82
Highest ranking: #1 in Millionaire- 28/04/2021 #8 in Romance- 04/05/2021 (Out of 1.33 Million stories, WOW!!!) #2 in boss 13/11/2021 #1 in bitch- 30...
2.5M 20.2K 8
[18+] Imogen is shocked when the sexy stranger she spent the summer sleeping with turns out to be her new boss...
219K 8.1K 51
2nd in the series, Follows on from The collector. (You can find on my page) Contains adult themes 18+ Sophie knows something she shouldn't, or at lea...