Sweet, Young Lion Tamer || Ha...

By mattsunami

Status: COMPLETE ~ ~ ~ A story in which Haiba Lev suddenly turned into a lion that day. It was a day full of... More

Author's Note
Chapter 1: You
Chapter 2: Haiba Lev
Chapter 3: You
Chapter 4: Haiba Lev
Chapter 5: You
Chapter 6: Haiba Lev
Chapter 7: You
Chapter 8: Haiba Lev
Chapter 9: Ishigami Senku
Chapter 10: Haiba Lev
Epilogue: Sweet Young Lion Tamer
Author's Note
Special Chapter 1: Asking the Girl Out
Special Chapter 2: Surprises
Special Chapter 3: Day Offs
Special Chapter 4: Kenma's Problem
Special Chapter 5: Her First
Author's Note

Prologue: One Day, It Happened.

5.4K 175 215
By mattsunami

"If you can be an animal, what would you want to be?" Yamamoto reads a book of one of the famous author, Asagiri Gen. At the moment, the whole volleyball team of Nekoma High is on their break.

"I think everyone would be a cat but Lev?" Kuroo, their bed-headed captain, points out and at the same time texting his girlfriend. Lev shots his head up, seeing his teammates nodding in agreement. "Then what would I be then?" Lev whines, followed by his great senpai, none other than Yaku, telling him to shut up.

"I think you would be a Lion.. by your name itself.."

Kenma said with his usual voice while focusing on his game. Lev was speechless and suddenly with his deep thoughts. The team just set the whole thing up so that there won't be any noises from their break. They were really exhausted and wanted a peaceful and quiet break.

Suddenly, echoes of giggles can be heard from the volleyball gym and it made Lev's heart flutter with joy.

'(Y/N)'s here again, I get to see her again!' that alone can make his heart smile and brighten up his day. He already accepted the fact that (Y/N) is going to be in the good hands of Kuroo, no matter how much it hurts for him to see the two together. As long as (Y/N) is happy, he is also happy. He respects his own captain and will not stand a chance on stealing his crush from him.

But why does something feels wrong today?

Once the girl stepped inside the gym, her giggles stopped, followed by an unusual smile from Kuroo. the bedhead sighs and shakes his head, patting his girlfriend's head.

"You know, you don't have to do it if you don't feel like it." (Y/N)'s kind voice rings out through the gym. Kuroo said nothing but hug his girlfriend. Tears are falling from the captain's eyes that made everyone shocked except her.

What's happening?

(Y/N) pulled away from Kuroo's hug and gently grabbed his big hands, squeezing it lightly. Kuroo looks at their hands, his hand is bigger than hers. He looks back at (Y/N) with a firm nod. "Everyone, we have something to say.." (Y/N) finally started.

"Tetsurou and I are breaking up."

And the gym went silent, so does Lev. Why doesn't he feel so happy about it? They finally broke up and he can take her already! But why?

Before anyone has a violent reaction, (Y/N) continues. "We never fought nor cheated. We love each other like any couple would do, or should I say that we loved each other.." Lev hears a crack from (Y/N)'s voice. Kenma got his head up from his game upon hearing this, which is a rare occasion as well.

"It's just one day, I don't feel the same feeling with him. Surprisingly, when I opened it up to Tetsurou, he actually feels the same. Maybe it God's way of saying that we are not meant for each other.." Kuroo hugs his now ex-girlfriend. Even if they are not together anymore doesn't mean that their friendship is over too.

"I'm not gonna lie, it really hurts. No matter how we try to work things out, the feelings never came back. So we gave in and finally accepted that we aren't meant for each other." (Y/N) still stands strong with no tears forming from her eyes, but everyone knows how her heart aches so badly. Same goes for Kuroo.

"But that doesn't mean that even if we're not a couple anymore we can't be friends anymore. (Y/N) is both my ex-girlfriend and also my bestfriend. Our friendship is still there no matter what circumstances." Kuroo speaks up and pats her head like the usual, which (Y/N) smiles at his bed haired friend.

After the ex-couple announced their break up, the team feels blank and chooses to remain silent. However, Lev has so many questions in his head that he knows that there's no answer for it. It made him so frustrated instead of being happy that his crush is finally single again. (Y/N) gave Kuroo a last kiss on his cheek and left the gym. Once she left, Kuroo was in full tears that everyone but Lev tries to comfort him.

"I'm heading out for fresh air.." Lev said monotonously which made everyone shocked. Lev is a simpleton and easy to read. The team knows that something is wrong with Lev, but they know Kuroo is more in a broken state. They thought to deal with Lev later.

But that must be the greatest mistake that the Nekoma Team made.

Lev walks outside school, kicking some stones and breaking some dead leaves. He was in deep thought of himself. He was never like this, and it frustrates him more. Remembering from what Yamamoto was reading, he frustratingly shouts that he wishes to be an animal instead. He doesn't know why but maybe because they don't do much but animals are highly appreciated for it.

That's it. He wanted to be noticed by (Y/N). maybe that's what he his frustrated about.

After a while, he decided to take a break. He bought a drink from the vending machine. He opened it and he realized that his shoelace is untied on his right foot. He sets aside his opened drink to tie it while a curse left under his breath.

Unknowingly, a splash of some chemicals came from the sky that landed on his drink. Lev didn't noticed that his drink has some fluid mixed in.

And boy, he drank it in one chug.

Nothing happened,

until his vision immediately turned black.

~ ~ ~

That same day, (Y/N) was in front of their school, waiting for a certain someone whom she knows so well. Her best friend that Kuroo didn't like a lot is maybe part of the reason of why her feelings for him died. Of course you would need the best friend's consent aside from the parents.

"Kukuku! Why the glum face you have there, Snow White?" A green and white haired man that (Y/N) knows so well appears beside her. She smiled at her nerdy best friend and gave him a hug. Though he finds it illogical, his best friend is definitely an exemption.

"I did it, Senku. I broke up with Tetsurou.." She whispered while hugging him, a hint of sadness in her aura. Senku, since he loves her best friend a lot, lets him hold her in his arms. (Y/N) has known Senku for a long time, her mom and his dad are best friends and so are they.

"He doesn't deserve you. You'll just waste your tears on him." Senku, always the logical, said to his best friend. (Y/N) chuckled at his response, he has a point though.

"Let's get back to my lab, I finally finished the inven-"

"SENKUUUU!!!" A running Taiju appeared, ready to slam Senku in no time. (Y/N) grabbed his body, since he IS very light and placed him on the other side so that he won't get hit by the running big oaf. Senku sighed in relief and silently thanked his best friend.

After a while the panicking Taiju finally calmed down and explained the situation, rather accident, that happened few minutes ago.

"So you're telling me that the chemical solution i made for 2 years fell 3 stories down? TELL ME IS THERE ANYONE DOWN THERE THAT INGESTED IT BECAUSE I HAVE NO DATA OF WHAT WILL HAPPENED YOU BIG OAF!" Senku scolded his other best friend, Taiju, who feels guilty to his nerdy best friend. A pair of arms wrapped around the disappointed cabbage head and the big oaf. (Y/N) doesn't like to see them fighting after all of what happened today.

"Let's talk about this in the lab, alright? Together we will solve this situation and find data analysis on it. Let's g-" Her vision became blurred and lost her consciousness which made the two boys panic. "Nearest hospital to the left. Can you carry her, Taiju?" Senku calmly said, but deep inside he's really panicking and worrying about his best friend. Taiju immediately carried her and ran with Senku.

Taiju went ahead while Senku was left behind. He's smart but his athletic skills seems to be the lowest. Strangely, he heard a loud roar next his lab.

'What was that?' He stopped running to catch his breath. Now he is on a dilemma: His best friend that he loves or the strange roar of a lion coming near his lab. "SENKU! WHY DID YOU STOPPED RUNNING?" Taiju called out. Senku gave a helpless sigh. Of course, above all else, he would choose (Y/N).

"Make sure to come back, I need to collect data from you.." With Senku's instincts of the person who may engulf his chemicals, he whispers and continues to run with Taiju, leaving a pair of red eyes appearing from the dark aisle.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

301K 17.7K 17
ไบŒ้‡่‡ชๆฎบใซ็งใจไธ€็ท’ใซ่กŒใใพใ›ใ‚“ใ‹? ใ‚ญใƒฃใƒณใƒžใƒผ!! โ–ˆโ–“โ–’โ–‘ โ–‘โ–’โ–“โ–ˆ โ–ˆโ–“โ–’โ–‘ โ–‘โ–’โ–“โ–ˆ in which a suicide freak lays he...
1.9K 93 32
CEO& business au! [on-hold] (English is not my first language) "You must be a compound of barium and beryllium because you're a total BaBe."-kuroo te...
18.6K 424 23
Cover is by me, art isn't! Y/N is a first year in Nekoma high, with no parents, who played volleyball in middle school and is kinda quiet yet very sa...