The Keeper's Tale {BTSxReader}

By TaeTae_lyfe

They witnessed her destruction, They were left to wonder why, She saw nothing but darkness, Though the stars... More

Character List
T e a s e r
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Epilogue
Character Q&A

Chapter 28

18.2K 1.5K 771
By TaeTae_lyfe

Hello.

I love you.

That's it. That's-That's all I wanted to say.

Enjoy!

///////////////////////////////////////////

Your eyes were heavy and low-hanging as you stared at the snow-covered ground beneath you, your cloak clinging onto your shivering form.

Your mind kept trailing back to Taehyung. You couldn't stop yourself from racking your brain on how many ways you could have avoided leaving him behind with Titan...

You wished he was with you.

You heart sunk at the thought of such a free spirit being bound in chains and humiliated for some tyrants pleasure.

But you knew that he was right. That's why you allowed Jimin to pull you away from him. That's why you allowed yourself to leave him.

Jimin let out a sad sigh as he watched your brows furrow in an unknown emotion, eyes saddening as you ran a hand through your hair.

After an entire day of riding tirelessly, Jimin had suggested that you all stop and rest your legs for a few moments before continuing on your journey.

You were reluctant to agree at first, claiming that the faster you met the others, the faster you would get back to Taehyung, but Jimin had managed to convince you that you would not be able to last much longer if you didn't stop to rest for a few moments.

The three of you eventually settled on staying the night in an old mill that stood in the middle of a wheat field. It appeared to be in stable conditions and it would keep you all out of the harsh cold that awaited you outside of it's wooden doors.

"Taehyung is clever." Jimin breathed out from beside you. "He will find a way to keep himself alive."

You sighed heavily.

You and Jimin had gone down to the small stream beside the mill in order to get more drinking water for your journey, leaving Hoseok alone inside to try and start a warm fire to keep all of you from freezing to death in your sleep.

"What if he doesn't?" You muttered softly, eyes never leaving the snow-covered ground.

The blue shade of Jimin's eyes darkened, sadness overwhelming him as he took a step towards you.

"You heard what he said," He started, placing his hand on your shoulders. "He will find his way back to you."

You slowly rose your gaze to his, the chill of the night air sending a shiver down your spine.

Jimin watched as your eyes landed on something behind him, e/c orbs widening with surprise as a gasp escaped your lips.

The blond prince spun around, body tensing at the thought of danger, every hair on his body standing straight up as his gaze landed upon three Red Knights.

They were obviously spies that had followed you from the castle, probably on a mission to capture the three of you and bring you back to Titan.

Jimin had no idea what they wanted with you, but he could only assume that it wasn't a happy purpose that led them to track you down.

The prince straightened his posture, cursing himself for leaving his sword in the mill with Hoseok.

The only weapon he had was the dagger that rested in his belt.

He could feel his wolf beginning to grow more and more eager, as if awaiting the inevitable.

Jimin furrowed his brows in confusion as his wolf howled in glee within him, tail wagging back and forth in utter joy.

Normally, the creature would be taking his stance, ready to defend himself or rip someone's throat out, but that was simply not the case at this moment, he was happy for some reason.

And Jimin couldn't figure out why.

Until he looked up.

The full moon was slowly beginning to raise into the sky, mocking the young prince from afar as it hung quietly among the slowly appearing stars that lined the sky. The sight of the moon was enough to make Jimin shake in fear of the inevitable.

He wanted to get you away from him as soon as possible...but first, he had to deal with the Red Knights that stood before him.

"You know," One of the men started slowly, a cocky smile on his face. "You aren't very good at covering your tracks. You had about an hour of a head start, and we still managed to find you."

Jimin's fingers twitched as his wolf grew more and more expectant.

The young prince had never experienced this before...he was certain that it was because you had arrived. His wolf was eager to meet his mate...and claim her as his own. He was eager to do what his human counter part would not.

"What does Titan want with us?" Jimin spat, his head beginning to pound as the moon raised higher into the sky. "He has Taehyung, isn't that what he-"

"He does have him," the other knight started, "And he wants to make him suffer....that's where you come in..."

You frowned, swallowing hard as the knight's gaze landed onto your figure, a smirk curling on his lips as he took a step forward.

"You're pretty," He hummed. "He may actually want to keep you...I'm sure Titan would love nothing more than to take the woman Taehyung loves right in front of him....It would crush the mad hatter."

You grimaced at the thought, taking a step backwards as Jimin moved in front of you.

"Stay away from her." He growled, voice unusually deep.

You frowned as beads of sweat began to form on the prince's skin, his blue eyes beginning to grow dull under the light of the moon that hung above you all.

"And who's going to make me?" The knight countered. "You?"

Jimin placed his hand on his head, obviously trying to ease some kind of pain that was being inflicted upon him from an unknown source.

"I-If you don't leave," He started breathlessly, body beginning to shake as he moved his gaze up to the full moon. "I'll kill you."

The knights laughed in unison.

"You don't have the balls to kill us."

Jimin dropped his hands, eyes snapping the knight's.

"I won't have a choice."

Your eyes widened as Jimin stumbled backwards, a cry of pain leaving his lips as he gripped his hair, pulling on it roughly.

His body began to shake violently as he doubled over in what you could only describe as agony.

You rushed over to him, placing your hands on his shoulders as you inspecting him carefully, body beginning to go into a panic.

"A-Are you alright?" You asked, placing your hand on his forehead. "You-You're burning up-"

Jimin's hand snapped to yours, gripping your wrist tightly and pulling you closer to him.

"Run." He whispered, eyes wide. "Run to the mill and don't come back, no-no matter what you hear."

You shook your head.

"But-"

"Run!"

You flinched back in surprise at the voice that came from him, the tone sounding animalistic in nature.

You slowly nodded, taking a few steps backwards.

Before you could even begin to leave the scene, you were scooped up into the arms of one of the Red Knight's, his strong hands holding you against his chest as he laughed evilly, eyes watching as Jimin fell onto the ground, clutching his stomach in pain.

You struggled against his grip, trying your best to kick or punch, but the hold he had you in was not going to break so easily, and he seemed to only grow stronger with every attempt of escape you made.

"You didn't think we'd really let you run away, did you?" He breathed into your ear. "Just because your friend is a convincing actor, doesn't mean you're off the hook, sweetheart."

"G-Get your hands off of her." Jimin stuttered weakly, back arching.

The knights laughed.

"I don't think I will." The knight holding you started. "I like how she feels beneath my grip."

You squeaked in surprise as he snuck a hand around, squeezing your butt harshly.

A deep growl sounded from Jimin's chest at the action, his hands shaking violently.

"That will be the last time you touch her."

Those were the last words you heard before a loud howl pierced through the cold night air.

You watched with horror as Jimin began to transform before your very eyes. His hands morphed into giant paws, white fur began to grow from every inch of his body, which continued to grow in size.

He grew bigger and bigger, his ripped clothes falling from his body as he began to take on an entirely different form. The blue shade of his eyes grew brighter and began to glow beneath the light of the moon.

The Red Knights let out a collective gasp, each of them drawing their swords, while the man holding you quickly tied your hands with a small rope before tossing you behind him and drawing his sword as well.

"The Great White Wolf."

Your mind couldn't register the Knight's words, too focused on the great beast that now stood before you.

The wolf was larger than any you'd seen before, his fur was as white as the snow that fell around you while his blue eyes were piercing and cold.

His ears were pinned to his head and his body was in a crouching position, signalling you of the attack that was sure to come.

You scrambled to sit up in the snow, swallowing hard as the wolf glanced in your direction, eyes locking with yours.

For a brief moment, you could have sworn that his tail began to wag, but the action stopped as soon as it started.

His blue eyes glanced down, landing on the small drop of blood that trailed down your leg.

You must had scraped your knee when the Knight threw you onto the ground.

A growl sounded from the beast as he stared at the shaking men before him, eyes cold and unforgiving.

That's when he pounced.

You had never seen so much bloodshed in your entire life.

Your hand covered your mouth as you watched the white wolf attack the Knights, giving them no amount of mercy as he quickly dodged their swords and aimed his teeth for their throats, biting and clawing at their skin.

His teeth tore their flesh before they could even blink, his claws ripping their chests open in one swift movement and giving them absolutely no time to even beg for their lives.

Your chest heaved as you stared at the blood-stained snow, eyes taking in the pieces that remained of the Red Knights.

They never stood a chance.

You flinched in surprise as the wold began to howl into the night, announcing his victory to the stars and moon happily.

Your froze when his eyes landed on you.

Heart pounding in your chest, you slowly tried to shuffle backwards, your tied hands proving to be of little use.

You weren't stupid. You knew that this wolf was in some small way connected to Jimin and you knew that Jimin would never hurt you...but this wolf was not Jimin. He was not bound by honor or a moral code. This wolf acted on pure instinct and if his instinct was to kill...you were a goner.

The white wolf slowly made his way over to you, ears perking up happily as he began to wag his tail.

You squeezed your eyes shut as he approached you, his snout brushing against your cheek as he began to take in your scent.

You remained as still as you possibly could, trying your best not to agitate the animal in any way.

A happy hum sounded from the wolf as he continued to smell of you, his cold nose tickling the skin of your neck.

You slowly opened your eyes, confusion etching over your feature as his tongue suddenly brushed against the skin of your neck, licking you repeatedly.

You instantly began to put your guard up.

Being a librarian, you had come into contact with plenty of fiction books, some of which were about werewolves.

You had read about everything, but the one thing that caught your attention was the mating ritual between wolves.

If the two were meant to be together, the male wolf would start the mateship by marking the female with his scent, usually by rubbing his fur against her...then he would prep her to mate, by licking the spot of the most vulnerability, the neck....next, he would bite down into the neck and activate the life-long bond between the two.

You had read enough werewolf books to know exactly where this wolf was going and you did no like it one bit.

A yelp left your lips as the wolf began to nip playfully at the skin of your neck, his fur brushing against you.

That was where you had to draw the line.

"Hey!" You yelled, scooting backwards as much as possible, bound hands covering your neck defensively. "Calm down mister!"

The wolf tilted it's head at your response, ears drooping slightly as he watched you move away from him.

It was as though he could not understand why you were unwilling to allow him to mark you as his. In his mind, it was a simple decision based on primal instinct, while the real world was far more complicated than that.

"There will be none of that!" You scolded.

The wolf barked playfully, happily striding over to you and rubbing his body against yours, snout brushing against your head as he licked the tip of your nose.

"Stop!" You whined, trying to push the giant animal off of you.

But to no avail.

The wolf made himself comfortable on top of you, his weight causing you to fall backwards onto the ground. 

"Get off." You huffed out breathlessly. "You're so heavy."

The wolf only tilted his head at your request before continuing his mission of scenting you.

"I have to breathe!" You complained.

The wolf's ears drooped slightly as he sniffed the air, blue eyes landing on the small stream of blood that trickled down from the wound on your knee.

You watched as he slowly licked off the liquid, cleaning your wound off completely.

You swallowed.

"Th-Thank you."

The wolf wagged his tail, before adjusting his position and laying beside you, his giant paws pulling your body closer to his.

You let out a sigh as the wolf wrapped himself around you, the heat from his body protecting you from the falling snow as he nuzzled his face into the crook of your neck once again.

This was going to be a long night.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

469 33 9
Butterfly Effect, A BTS Story He whispered, looking through the rippling mirror as the petals burned behind him, "Will happiness be ours to stay?"
10.1K 1.3K 35
Grace has never had a problem being stuck in her own world, and being an astronomy student allows her just that. But when she finds herself in the ci...
72.2K 3.9K 13
Namjoon knew Taehyung was odd, but.. (Top V)
1.2K 146 34
Hwang Y/n is a walking catastrophe. Where ever she goes she ruins things. She never does it on purpose but things do mess up. This time something big...