For You, A Promise

Von oldladyanarchy

Meeting the love of your life when you're in the hospital with a GSW is not conventional. But for Kate and An... Mehr

Pilot
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5 (FF to 5 years later)
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34. Final Chapter
VERY IMPORTANT!!!

Chapter 14

7.1K 115 4
Von oldladyanarchy

"I'm meeting up with builders tomorrow"

Kate raises her eyebrow, "what are you building crazy man?"

"Our dream house; we're done living in this condo."

Kate grins, "Yeah?"

"So while you're stuck in this bed, write up your plans on how you want the house to look"

"I can't draw to save my life, you know that"

"That's why I said write it up. I'll handle the architecture. Pen on paper, tell me your dream house"

Kate sighs and buries her head in his neck, "I want a big garden, and our house needs to be in a safety complex."

"That's all you want?"

"Well..." she ponders over it, "I want a terrace and a porch"

Antonio smiles, "alright."

"What do you want? This is our dream house so your input is also very important"

Antonio kisses her cheek, "I want a swimming pool-"

"Baby we live in Chicago, there's like a month of summer"

Antonio chuckles, "Yeah well in that month I want you in that tiny black bikini you bought on our honeymoon."

"Of course" Kate laughs, "What else?"

"A two story house, open space, 5 bedrooms, en-suite master bathroom."

"Why do we need 5 bedrooms Tone?"

"Believe me – there are a lot of people who will stay with us."

"Alright then, five bedrooms it is, but if you want such a big house, we will get dogs and an alarm system. When you go undercover, or a case runs late, I will want to be safe"

"Of course" Antonio kisses her lips, "I'm meeting with the building team tomorrow and we'll finally get our dream house"

Kate laughs and kisses him fully on the mouth. "God, I love you, best husband in the entire world"

"Let's get some sleep"

Kate pouts, "I slept the whole day"

"Yeah, well, I worked the whole day so I want to sleep"

"Fine" Kate pouts and Antonio rolls his eyes, "you want to watch TV don't you?"

"Hmm" Kate grins and he sighs, "fine, low volume, I need my beauty sleep."

"Yes sir, thank you sir" she says sarcastically and he rolls his eyes.

"You feel better don't you?" he asks as he settles in for bed. He knows she's feeling better because her sarcastic sense of humour is back.

"I really do. Maybe I can go to the gym tomorrow"

"You're still healing from two surgeries; I don't think that's a good idea"

"I feel good. I won't box – obviously – I just want to be there, help you with the admin"

"Alright, I'll get a wheelchair from the hospital tomorrow"

Kate rolls her eyes, "don't argue with me"

"Fine" she pouts and huffs. Antonio kisses her lips, three times and then pecks her forehead and cheeks.

"Goodnight baby" she whispers, he responds by kissing her again and then falls asleep.

Gabby's off shift the next morning so she stays with Kate the entire day, Antonio held his promise and bought a wheelchair back before he had to go to work.

"You want to grab lunch?" Kate asks

Gabby sighs, "You're a doctor and you know more than anyone that you need to be on bed rest when you just had two surgeries."

"Come on" she whines, "Please. Pretty, pretty please. This place is driving me up the walls. I've read every magazine in the house, I have permanent bed hair; I watched every television program on the TV; every movie we have in the house. I am so bored. Please Gabs; let me see the real world again"

Gabby smirks, "fine. We'll grab lunch at Bella's – it's closest to your house"

Kate frowns and shakes her head, "no please. Not Bella's – uh"

Gabby's eyes widen, "Shit I forgot, Kate, of course we won't go to Bella's. I'm sorry"

"Uh there's a small diner up the street."

"Okay. Let's go"

**

Of course Kate couldn't persuade Gabby that she didn't need the wheelchair, so they ate lunch at the diner and then had a walk, or ride for Kate, in the park and then went home.

"Antonio's taking me to the gym after shift. I need to get back to work, I want to cut someone open or I'll go crazy"

"You're already crazy sis." Gabby laughs.

"Thanks for today, I needed the fresh air."

"Of course, hey, I need to go, Matt and I have a date to buy things for the baby"

"Ooh, when are we giving you a baby shower?"

Gabby looks at me with an unimpressed look, "Do I look like the type of girl who wants a baby shower?"

Kate laughs, "Fine, then we can have a girl's night party and give you presents"

"That I'll love, alright, sister I need to leave"

Kate nods and gives Gabby a hug. Gabby leaves and Kate sighs as she sits down on the living room couch.

Another session of watching TV... yay

**

6pm

That's when Antonio comes home.

"Hey ba-" he cuts himself off when he sees her appearance. While she's not wearing any make up, her hair is braided and she has jeans on with a T-shirt.

"You went out" he says and Kate nods, "yup I did with Gabby"

"You're not supposed to leave the bed, doctor's orders"

"Yeah well, I'm a doctor and I gave myself the order that I can."

Antonio sighs, "You'll give me grey hair Katelyn Dawson, grey hair"

"Can we go to the gym now pleaaaaase?"

Antonio laughs, "Can I just rest for a few minutes?"

Kate groans, "Fine. Rest away" she watches the clock on the wall in front of the television and sighs every time the tick goes to another second.

Antonio laughs, "fine crazy girl, let's go"

"Thank you, I love you"

"Yeah, yeah, I love you too" he rolls his eyes and picks her up bridal style. Antonio kisses her while she's in his arms making her giggle

"You have a doctor's appointment tomorrow"

"Aw, you remembered" she teases and Antonio rolls his eyes, "I already told Hank I'm taking off at 9 to go with you"

"Thanks baby."

"Hmm, let's go" Antonio says and kisses her again. He walks out, still carrying Kate, to the garage and puts her into the car. He then goes back to the house and gets her wheelchair. He puts it in the cab of his truck and then climbs into the driver's seat.

"How was work today?" Kate asks as Antonio drives off

"We had an interesting case" Antonio smirks, "a man claimed he's CIA, made four others believe him as well so they ran across Chicago playing cops and robbers"

"He wasn't really CIA? None of them?"

"No" Antonio chuckles, "the man is mentally unstable. He died of a stroke and his wife put his body in his car and drove off to Forest Lake. He had four guys working under him, one of them stole his body from the morgue and dismembered him"

"Why?"

"He was looking for a 'security chip'"

Kate chuckles, "In his body – wow"

"Some people are mentally disturbed. But I must say it was better than last week's case"

Kate nods and grabs his hand. Last week's case was about a pedophile, and two boys that tried to kill him. It hurt Jay the most.

Antonio parks the car and before he could get out, to open, the door for her she gets out and walks to him.

"I'm not disabled" she says and Antonio sighs with a smirk.

"Grey hair Roberts, grey hair"

Kate rolls her eyes, "I'm only Roberts at work, here I'm Dawson, remember that Dawson"

Antonio laughs, "I'm only 32, but with you in my life I feel 50"

"That's a mean thing to say Detective. Really, really mean. Anyway, while you hover outside I'm going in"

Antonio sighs as she walks into the gym. He groans and lets his head drop. Antonio grabs the wheelchair and locks his truck as he walks into the gym. Morrie smirks at him as he enters the gym.

"I have news for you man; she's not going to sit in that thing without being handcuffed to it"

"I know" he sighs dramatically and pecks Kate's lips as she sits down on his desk.

"How are you feeling Kay-Kay?" Morrie asks as he kisses her forehead.

"I'm fine, bored, but fine" she grins as Morrie chuckles, "Well I need an administrator if you're available"

Antonio's 'no' got replaced by a 'yes' from Kate and Morrie laughs, "alright, good"

**

A few hours later, Morrie went home already and Antonio and Kate's the only two left in the gym. Antonio was struggling with the finances but was too stubborn to ask for help and refused every time that she offered help.

"If you combine January and February's rent with the income you got from December, you can break even" Kate tells Antonio and he ponders over it.

"Is that good?"

"It's better than a loss, things will get better baby. You just bought the gym, it's gonna take a few months for you to get a profit."

Antonio sighs, "Thanks"

Kate chuckles and kisses his temple, "Ask for help Detective"

"Hmm" Antonio hums and smiles as he kisses her knee that dangles in his face. She's still perched on his desk. "I never ask for help, you know that"

Kate sighs, "I do. I do know that, and you tell me I give you grey hair"

"Hey, are you Antonio?" Kate and Antonio turn at the voice.

"Who's asking?" Antonio asks and Kate rolls her eyes, her husband has never been too polite.

"I'm Michelle. Alvin Olinsky told me to come here. I'm his daughter"

Kate's eyes widen but she keeps quiet and only smiles at Michelle. Michelle returns the smile.

"Uh, cool. Cool. Yeah, let's... uh... you want to box?" Antonio asks as he stands up.

He grabs a pair of gloves from under the desk and gives it to Michelle. "Let's see what you've got"

"Has he talked about me? Did you know I'm his daughter?"

"Uh" Antonio hesitates and Michelle nods, "It's okay; I'm only a love child. A product from an affair he had years ago."

Antonio struggles with words, "Show me what you've got kid" he says and Michelle starts boxing against Antonio's gloves.

Weiterlesen

Das wird dir gefallen

7.1K 133 16
Just the world of Audrey (Bri) Halstead, growing up with her brothers. . . . . . I do not own any of the characters except my OC's. Everyone else bel...
157K 2.4K 34
OC x Antonio Dawson ✨Complete✨
8.5K 39 49
Vanessa Millers is as tough as nails she won't let anyone get under her skin And that's what growing up in a family of cops does to you But what if...
66.1K 869 33
"Sometimes the greatest stories come from the most unexpected places." The best love story is when you fall in love with the most unexpected person a...