The Offer That Changed My Lif...

By gigglegeek11

ATTENTION: THIS BOOK WILL NOT MAKE ANY SENSE AND IT WILL BE VERY CONFUSING IF YOU HAVENT READ THE FIRST BOOK... More

The Offer That Changed My Life
The Offer
Meeting up
Tree House!?
Duo!?
Bowling!
The choice
Lazy-Day
Going To Jail!?
Campfire stories and... People getting lost!?!
Fighting and Song Writing
Fun in the sun
DairyQueen and... Robberies?
Flights to... Boston?
Chipotle status!
New York Concerts!
YouNow
Movie Marathon!
The secret
Ninjas and Paint Balling
Studio Stammers
Thanksgiving Feasts!
Games and Dates!
THE TRAILER'S UP!
Amnesia...
Oh No They Didnt!
There goes the power!
Holiday Traditions!
Party On!
Hide and Seek!
Nemo :)
FANGIRL TIPS
Girls Night Out
Messy Surprises!
First Tour Concert!
Sight Seeing Gone Wrong
Marco Polo and Nightmares
Secret Meet and Greats
Last Tour!
Movie Mayhem
Ripped Contracts and Happiness
YouNow!!
Blindfolds, Swings, and Stars
#interrogatingfaith
Trampolines and Sparks
Starbucks Riot!
Playgrounds and Really Rude Workers
Muffins and Pasta
LA Adventures

The test

15.2K 331 189
By gigglegeek11

I wake up with Shawn's arm still around me. All of us fell asleep watching Divergent.

I carefully sit up and see that Jack is sleeping on the couch. Then there's Anthony. He's sprawled out on the floor with half a slice of pizza in his mouth.

I cover my mouth to keep from laughing while crawling over to him and then take a picture. That's a keeper!

Then I get an idea. I crawl back over to Shawn and then softly shake his shoulder.

"Shawn, wake up," I whisper.

He turns away so he's not facing me.

"Shawn, get up!" I giggle while crawling over to where he's now facing.

"Ugh, but I love sleep," he pouts groggily.

"But I need help on a prank," I admit and he immediately sits up.

"What prank?" he smirks.

"It's pretty simple, but we should draw mustaches on them," I explain.

"Okay!" he agrees. "I'll get Anthony, you get Jack."

I nod and then go and get a few sharpies. I throw one to Shawn and then I start drawling on Jack's face.

I carefully draw a mustache and then I start to draw a unibrow, but my phone starts ringing.

Jack quickly sits up and looks around. "Wait,what-" Then he sees the sharpie in my hand. "LEXIE!"

I look over at Shawn and I see Anthony sitting up and cluelessly talking to Shawn.

I look down at my phone and see that it's my mom. I put a finger to my lips and tell everyone to shut up before I answer the call.

"Hey, mom!" I exclaim.

"Lexie!" she laughs happily through the phone. "Guess what?"

"What?"

"Your dad is home," she answers and I start grinning.

"Seriously?!" I ask.

"No," she says and I frown. "Why would I kid about something like that? Yes, he's home!"

"How long is he going to be there?" I question her.

"I'm not sure," she admits. "But can you fly home? He'll get called when he has to leave to go back, but he doesn't know when he'll get the call. So the sooner you come back the better."

"I can probably get a plane back home today so I'll be there by tonight," I explain. "Is that alright?"

"Yes! That's great!" she agrees. "Then we can all have dinner together!"

"Is that okay? I know you and dad are divorced and all..." I sigh.

"That's alright, honey. We don't hate each other or anything," she answers.

"Okay, that's good. I'll go and get my tickets right now," I tell her.

"Have a safe trip. Love you!" my mom says into the phone.

"Love you too," I repeat before hanging up.

Everyone in the room is staring at me.

"Who was it?" Shawn asks.

"It was my mom," I grin. "My dad is home. I have to go pack so I can go and see him."

"That's awesome!" he smiles. "I'll go pack too."

"You don't have to leave," I insist.

"But you told me I could meet your dad," he frowns. "I want to meet him.

"Are you sure? You can stay with Jack and Anthony if you want, because it doesn't really matter-"

"But it matters to me," Shawn adds.

"Okay," I smile. "We got to go pack right now though."

"ILL BE FAST!" he yells before sprinting to Anthony's room.

I laugh and then go to the guest room. I quickly, but neatly, fold my clothes and put them in my suitcase. Then I put all of my toiletries into it before shutting it.

"Anthony, can we get last minute tickets at the airport?" I ask while walking into the living room. (Author's note: I have no idea if you can or not so just pretend)

"Yeah," he answers.

"Do you need a ride to the airport?" Jack asks.

"Yes please!" I nod before Mrs. Quintal walks into the room.

"Are you already leaving?" she asks.

"Yeah," I explain. "My dad's home from his job so I have to go see him before he leaves. But thank you so much for letting us stay here!"

"No problem!" she smiles. "You can come and stay with us anytime. Anthony loves hanging out with you guys since only Jack lives really close to him."

"Okay, well thanks again! Jack and Anthony are taking us to the airport now," I exclaim.

"Ready?" Anthony asks while walking into the kitchen.

"Yep," I nod before saying a final goodbye to his mom. "Wait, is Shawn done yet?"

"Um.. I think so," Jack shrugs. "I don't know."

I run to Anthony's room and see Shawn sitting on his suitcase and trying to shut it.

"Need some help?" I laugh, startling him and causing him to fall off of the suitcase.

"Please!" he begs. I giggle and then walk over to him. "I'll sit on the suitcase and you try to zip it."

Shawn agrees and then I plop down on top of his bag. He quickly zips it and then jumps up.

"Okay, we can go now," he says before running out of the room and outside.

I follow him and see that Jack and Anthony are already in the car. I follow Shawn into the car and then Jack starts blaring One Direction.

Since Shawn and I got to the car last, we're in the backseat which makes the music even louder because of the speakers. Even though my eardrums are suffering, I still sing along.

"IF THIS ROOM WAS BURNING, I WOULDN'T EVEN NOTICE!" We shout along to Little White Lies.

The time passes quickly and eventually we're at the airport.

"You aren't aloud to leave," Anthony laughs before giving me a quick hug.

"Darn," I chuckle. "But we'll all see each other soon again."

I go over and give Jack a hug. "I'm excited for the Four album reaction video."

"You should be," he smirks.

"Bye guys!" Shawn waves to them.

"BYE!" I yell before running into the airplane that we got our tickets at.

When we get settled into our seats, I obviously get a seat next to Shawn.

"Did you already tell your mom I'm coming?" he asks me.

"Yeah," I nod. "But don't worry, she already loves you. And my dad will too."

"I hope," he stresses while putting his head in his hands.

"You're so dramatic," I giggle.

"Nuh-uh," he frowns. "This is a big deal."

"It'll be fine," I assure him before the plane takes off.

*********

When we reach our house its six-thirty and we're having dinner at seven.

I run through our front door and enter the house.

"Lexie!?!" Matt exclaims. "You're here early!"

"Yeah," I tell him while giving him a quick side hug. "But I have to go get ready."

I start running upstairs but I stop. "SHAWN, DON'T BE SLOW!" I call our before going to my room.

I slip on my cute but casual white flowy dress with daisies all over it. I also add a pair of brown combat boots. Then I just comb through my curls and add the essential makeup.

I run downstairs and see Shawn wearing a nice shirt with khakis. Now it's six fifty.

"C'mon!" I quickly tell Shawn while grabbing his arm and dragging him to the car.

I start driving to my parent's house and when we get there I turn towards Shawn. "Do I look okay?"

"You look beautiful, as always," he assures me, causing me to blush. "Do I look okay?"

"Yeah," I tell him. "Wait, you're hair is messed up." I move over closer to him and run my fingers through his hair, trying to fix it.

"Does it look okay now?" he questions me.

"It looks perfect," I chuckle. "Flawless."

"Okay, Beyoncé," he laughs. "Ready?"

"Let's go," I agree before we walk up my driveway. I knock on the door and then my mom answers it.

"Lexie!" she smiles before giving me a hug. "How was Boston?"

"It was great!" I exclaim. "I stayed with a few friends and it was really fun."

"That's good!" she nods before turning to Shawn. "Did you go?"

"Yeah," Shawn answers. "We had a meet up and concert in New York."

"Well that sounds fun!" my mom tells us before someone else walks over to the door.

"DAD!" I yell before running up to my father and giving him a huge hug.

"Lexie! Oh my gosh, you're so big!" he grins while looking at me. Then he turns to Shawn and his jaw drops. "Who is this?"

"Hello, I'm Shawn Mendes," Shawn says professionally while shaking my dad's hand.

"Are you her boyfriend?" he gasps.

"No," I quickly reply. "Well yes. But no." Everyone gives me a strange look. "Shawn's my friend that's a boy, but we're not dating."

My dad looks at Shawn again before turning around and going inside.

"Gosh, he already hates me," Shawn sighs while putting his head in his hands.

"He doesn't," my mom assures him. "I just forgot to tell him you were coming so he was a little surprised."

"And he's really over protective over Meg and I," I pitch in. "He's not really used to guys being around because one of the only boyfriends I'v ever had was Nate."

"Ugh, don't even consider him as a boyfriend," he groans. "He's terrible."

"I know. But anyways, let's go inside," I tell him while grabbing his arm and leading him back inside.

When we're back inside, my dad is sitting at the kitchen table playing on his phone. My mom's serving dinner.

"I hope you like pasta, Shawn," my mom explains. "It's my homemade recipe."

"Oh my gosh, I love pasta!" he explains happily.

"That's great!" my mom adds.

"Everyone loves pasta!" my dad smiles. "Sorry, um.. What's your name again?"

"Shawn."

"Oh okay. Sorry about earlier, Shawn. I just wasn't expecting you to be coming," my dad apologizes.

"It's fine," Shawn says with relief as my mom passes us all of our plates.

Shawn takes a bite of his food and gasps. "Mrs. Madison, this is so good!"

"Thank you!" she grins.

"So. How did you and Lexie meet?" my dad asks.

"Through Magcon," Shawn answers and my dad looks at him blankly.

"Magcon is a meet and great convention," I explain. "It's where a bunch of viners/Youtubers go and meet their fans and perform."

"Wow," my dad gasps. "That actually sounds really cool. What do you guys do there?"

"Yep," Shawn nods. "And we go around meeting fans and then I sang on stage?"

"You're a singer?" my dad questions Shawn.

"Yeah," he answers. "Lexie and I actually have a record deal together."

When Shawn said that, my dad's eyes nearly pop out of his head. "You sing, Lexie?"

"Yeah," I laugh. My dad has been gone for a long time, but I thought he'd remember that. "I didn't start singing public until this year, but I always sang in the shower."

"Oh," my dad says. "So where do you guys live now?"

"I live in a house with Shawn and a bunch of the Magcon members in California," I explain.

"You live with a bunch of guys?" my dad gasps, his eyes nearly popping out of his head. Again.

"No. Well, yes, but there are a few girls there too. And we all have our own rooms and whatever," I assure him.

"I don't like that you live with a bunch of guys," he snaps.

"Well I don't like that your always across the country," I proclaim. Then I realize I probably shouldn't have said that. "Sorry.. I didn't mean to be like that. I know it's for work and everything."

"It's fine," he tells me. "I'v been away for a while. So.. Where are you from Shawn?"

"Canada," he responds

"Oh. That's interesting," my dad tells him. "I was there for a job a while ago. It's pretty there."

Shawn and my dad continue to chat for a while before it gets really late.

"Ready to go?" I ask Shawn.

"Yeah," he agrees. "But let me help clean up first."

"It's fine, you don't have too," my mom insists.

"No, it's fine. It's the least I can do," he grins before helping clean up the dishes.

"Well thank you," my mom smiles at hm.

"He'll meet you outside," my dad tells me before giving me a hug. "It was great to see you, sweetie."

"You too, Dad," I smile before going outside. However, I'm pretty worried why he wants Shawn to stay inside...

*Shawn's pov* (I bet you weren't expecting that)

"He'll meet you outside," Lexie's dad says to her before they say their goodbyes.

I'm a little scared on why the reason he's keeping me back. What if he doesn't like me? What if he doesn't think I'm good enough for her?

After Lexie is outside, her dad shuts the door and turns towards me.

"Shawn. I like you. You're a great kid and I think you're good for Lexie," he tells me and I sigh with relief. "You passed the test."

"The test?" I question him. What test?

"You weren't afraid of me. You were so sweet to Lexie the whole time and you weren't intimidated by me." He explains. "Lexie's mom already told me about why you two broke up."

"So you already knew I was coming and everything?" I gasp.

"Yep," he laughs. "And I trust that you will never break my little girl's heart. I understand why you two broke up last time-it was for good for both of you."

"I would never hurt Lexie," I promise him.

"And I understand that because you passed the test."

I start smiling, knowing that Lexie's dad approves of me.

"Thank you. It was great to meet you, Mr. Madison," I tell him.

"Now go back to Lexie," he explains.

I wave to him and Mrs. Madison before going outside, happy as can be.

*************************************

Hey guys! Thank you for reading! Sorry for not updating yesterday though. I'm across the country right now and I went trick-or-treating and I'm really busy. But I hope you all liked this update!

Twitter- gigglegeek11 (if you follow and tweet me 'Wattpad sent me' then I'll follow you back)

Youtube- Fangirl Faith

Vine- Basically Basic Edits (if you follow and comment 'Wattpad sent me' then I'll follow you back)

YouNow- gigglegeek11

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

21.4K 680 32
Hey guys this is a fan fiction and the characters are some of my Instagram followers. Well to get a little idea of the story me and some friends leav...
6.1K 181 37
Friends But Something more is a fanfic mash up of O2L and Magcon. It is a story about how being friends can turn into something else whether good or...
19.1K 556 26
Alyssa Mendes has to go on a tour with obnoxious boys because her parents are taking a 2 month vacation; one is her brother Shawn. What will happen d...
69.3K 1K 35
Sequel to Virgin (read that book first) "I did what I thought was best for him. It was all for him" (You don't have to read the first book to read t...