Playful Love (FanFic Version)

By Devilish_angelR

Cover Credits to luckykr13.... The college nerd, Gauri Sharma fell in love because of a simple dare, that fam... More

Note
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Epilogue

Chapter 3

9.8K 469 50
By Devilish_angelR

Gauri~

"Lisa, get me a cup of coffee." I said to my assistant in the call. Work was taking a toll on me, past few days was hectic with busy work schedules and visiting construction sites. Right now I had file work piled up in my desk with absolutely zero energy in me. Moreover I am having a sharp headache developing. I sat on my chair holding my head between my hands.

"Mam, your coffee." Lisa said as she placed the coffee on my desk.

"Thank you, Lisa." I said dismissing her.

The bitter sweet taste of the coffee gave a relief to my headache. I closed my laptop deciding to take a short break for few minutes to relax. I walked around my spacious office to loosen my muscles as I had been seated in my chair from hours. I looked out at the busy streets of Paris and the Eiffel tower from the large glass windows of my office. Walking towards the bookshelf in the corner, I took out a book to read. As I opened the book the nostalgic smell of the papers reminded me of my college days which I spent mostly in library, the place where I gained most of my knowledge and the place where I met Omkara for the first time.

I was coming out of the library after borrowing some books to read in my free time, when a bunch of guys rushed past me making me stumble and drop the books on the floor clumsily. I was picking up the books when I heard a husky voice speak beside me.

"Hey, I think this is your book." The voice said as a hand holding a book came into my view.

I raised my head only to see a pair of chocolate brown eyes that belonged to a handsome person starting at me in amusement. He was looking just like the prince Charming of the Fairytales I read everyday with that muscular body and Silky black hair that reached his shoulders. I hurriedly grabbed my book from his hand.

"My name is Omkara." He said forwarding his hand. And I am too afraid and shy to speak with new people. And talking and shaking hand with such a handsome hunk? I don't want to make fool of myself by staring at him again like a hormonal teenager.

"Okay." I said and ran away from him clutching my books to my front.

The whole day I spent thinking about Omkara. He was handsome with good looks but a girl like me can never have a famous boy like Omkara. Moreover me growing interest on him will only distract my focus on the studies and in the end, he will not be mine anyways. So, I thought it's better not to think about him.

A few days passed and I got to see Omkara frequently. Sometimes waving at me and sometimes trying strike a conversation with me. But I tried my best not to get noticed by him but I God didn't blessed me with the power of Invisibility and Omkara used to find me somehow. I ignored him and used to run away from him until one day.

I was running away from Omkara, when I saw him waving at me in the canteen. I was in hurry that I didn't noticed the person coming in front of me. And when I noticed it was too late that I collided with him, making him spill his coffee on him.

"You stupid girl, can't you see. You spoiled my shirt." The guy shouted making me flinch.

"I am sorry." I apologized meekly.

"Sorry? You spoiled my favourite shirt! What's the use of those glasses when you can't see properly even when you are wearing them? " The guy said taking away my glasses and dropping them on the floor.

It's was hard for me to see clearly without my glasses and the broken sound of glass was heard followed by a series of evil laughs making the tears pool up in my eyes.

"Now, now... As punishment of spoiling my shirt by spilling coffee on it. I am going to take revenge by spilling water on you." The guy said as he unscrews the water bottle walking slowly towards me.

I walked back in fear with tears flowing down my cheeks. Until I collided with another hard body. Even with my blurred vision, I recognized the person, Omkara.

Omkara pulled me behind him as he stood like a shield between me and the other guy, like the knight in shining armour.

"Back off, Ajay." He said in angry voice.

"Just move out of my way, Omkara. It's between me and the girl." Ajay said moving towards me.

"Don't." Omkara said placing a hand in the guys chest stopping him, " Leave her alone, if you don't want to see my bad side." Omkara warned in a menacing voice.

"What will you do? " Ajay asked in a challenging voice and the next second I heard the noise of the bones breaking and a Yelp as Omkara's fist made contact with the jaw of Ajay.

The other boys with Ajay held him and took him away from Omkara as Omkara was ready to make another punch. Omkara came to me after picking up my glasses from the ground.

"Hey, don't cry, they are gone and I will make sure that they will never come near you." He said placing a hand on my arm sending shivers down my spine.

"Thank you." I mumbled as I wiped My tears.

"I can always be the Knight in Shining armour to help the damsel in distress." He said chuckling making me smile.

"Here, take this glasses. I think they are yours but I am sorry that they are already broken." He said.

"No problem, I will get new glasses." I said as I started to walk away from him only to stumble and make him catch me.

"If you don't mind, can I help you guide till the Optometrist's shop beside our college. I think it's not possible for you to walk till there without your glasses on." He said and I nodded.

He helped me till the Optometrist's shop which was thankfully situated beside our college.

"I am Gauri Sharma." I said once they Optometrist gave back my spectacles with new glasses.

"Thank God at last you spoke with me. Or else I thought you would never speak with me." He said placing a hand on his heart dramatically. I smiled at his antics and I observed his hand being bruised from the fight earlier.

"You are hurt." I said looking at his hand.

"Yes, I was very much hurt, when you didn't spoke to me." He pouted.

"No, you have a cut on your hand." I explained making him look at his hand.

"Oh.. It's nothing." He said.

"Wait." I said as I borrowed the first aid box from the Optometrist and aided his cut. He pushed back the stray hair from my face making me look at him.

"Will you be my friend? " He asked looking at me, hopefully.

I thought for a minute and said, " Okay, Friends."

He smiled brightly putting his pearl white teeth for display.

A knock on the door brought me back to the present as I relived a memory that I can never forget. The door opened revealing Rudra carrying Ved, who was dressed in Batman's costume with a cape on his back and a mask covering his eyes. This is what happens when you leave your kid with a super hero obsessed uncle.

"Rudra, what have you done to my baby! " I exclaimed as I moved towards them.

"Presenting you the cutest batsman, you will ever see." Rudra said throwing Ved in air making him laugh. Ved bounced in Rudra's arms trying to reach me when he saw me. I took him in my arms and he hugged me placing his head on my shoulder.

"Aww.. My little munchkin, I missed you." I said as I hugged my baby.

"Mom and Dad went to attend, Mr. Kashyap's birthday party and the little Batman was missing his Mom, so I brought him here." Rudra said as he fell on the sofa in my office.

"How's things going in the resort? " I asked Rudra as I sat on the sofa beside him with Ved in my lap latching on the feeder sucking milk from it silently. My baby's hungry.

"Everything's going well, Di. In fact our resort was booked for an entire week for some big shot wedding next week." Rudra said happily.

"Wow, that's great." I said rocking Ved to sleep as he finished drinking the milk.

"What about Khurana's deal? Is everything going well? " Rudra asked making funny faces at Ved making him smile.

"Yes, hopefully I think, I can wrap this deal by the end of this week." I said trying to make Ved, sleep.

"Rudra, stop making faces at him. I am trying hard to put him to sleep, if you keep doing that he won't sleep." I scolded Rudra.

"Di, why are you always trying to make that poor guy sleep. Let him enjoy his life. Right, Ved." Rudra cooed at Ved.

"Shut Up, Rudra. If I leave him like that he will play with you whole day without getting tired and I want to make sure he gets enough rest." I said patting Ved as he let out a soft yawn closing his eyes.

"Are you coming home now? " Rudra asked poking Ved's cheek with his finger.

"Don't." I said smacking Rudra's hand away, "you will wake him up. Let's go home, you drive. I am too tired and Ved's sleeping." I said, carefully taking Ved in my arms and walking towards the exit.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

25.4K 1.9K 14
Without communication, there is no relationship. Without respect, there is no love. Without trust, there is no reason to continue. When Omkara Singh...
80.1K 4.1K 20
the play boy ommkara singh oberoi.. who never fall for any girl.. fall in love with ishana malhotra.. who make him realise the real meaning of love...
29.8K 2K 11
A Short Story On Gauri and Omkara - RiKara Omkara and Gauri had met after 6 years, during an alliance visit. Little did the family know they had know...
25.3K 1.4K 6
Five shots on Gauri & Omkara - RiKara! Another misunderstanding falls upon Gauri and Omkara, after an accusation was made by Shivaay's friend Daksh...