Mindreader || Renmin

SKPLACH

"I can't take it anymore... please... distract me." "W-What?" "Drown them out... please, it hurts." (Be warne... Еще

『 Intro 』
『 One 』
『 Two 』
『 Three 』
『 Five 』
『 Six 』
『 Seven 』
『 Eight 』
『 Nine 』
『 Ten 』
『 Eleven 』
『 Twelve 』
『 Thirteen 』
『 Fourteen 』
『 Fifteen 』
『 Sixteen 』
『 Seventeen 』
『 Eighteen 』
『 Nineteen 』
『 Twenty 』
『 Twenty One 』
『 Twenty Two 』
『 Twenty Three 』
『 Twenty Four 』
『 End 』

『 Four 』

4K 253 34
SKPLACH

⋆✩⋆

"Renjun!" Ten called out to the boy before he could exit the Diner.

Everyone decided to part ways an hour after Jisung left, as it was getting dark out. Donghyuck left with Jeno to go watch a late movie, while Chenle decided on meeting up with his mom at a nearby restaurant for dinner. Renjun, having nothing better to do, stayed at the diner studying for another half-hour. Then deciding he'd done enough, he packed up his things ready to leave but was stopped by Ten.

Renjun turned around to find the short male already standing in front of him, making him let out a little yelp of fright. "Ge! don't do that."

Ten chuckled at the younger, "Sorry, I just wanted to ask you for a favor." He took out a piece of paper from his pocket with an address written down, handing it over to Renjun. The boy examined it, finding the address very familiar.

"This is Jisung's address," he notified, looking to the older who appeared happy at the information, showing his bright smile.

"Good, then you wouldn't mind-" Ten paused, walking behind the counter and lifting a medium-sized box in his hands, for Renjun's view. "-taking this over."

Renjun stared at the box in suspicion. "What's inside?" he pried, growing more curious when Ten's smile faded at the question.

"Books," he simply said, making his way back over to Renjun and handing him the box.

Renjun held the box in his hands, estimating the weight of it. It wasn't too heavy, but he could tell Ten wasn't lying about what was inside. It felt like there were about a dozen books inside.

Ten pushed Renjun towards the entrance of the diner and shot him one last smile as he opened the door for the boy. "Be safe, it's already five-thirty, the quicker you deliver that the sooner you can get home," Ten advised, waving Renjun farewell.

Renjun uttered a quick "goodbye" before stepping out into the cold night. A light rose color instantly painting over his nose and cheeks.

The bright lights that decorated the front of different shops and restaurants illuminated the streets beautifully. Making Renjun take a moment to admire his surroundings. The night was peaceful as people walked with their family and friends along the streets. The sounds of people's laughter rang through Renjun's ear, making his lips curve into a sweet smile. He hummed in content as he began his walk to Jisung's apartment.

'What a waste to be lonely on a night like this,' Renjun thought, holding the box close to his chest.

Arriving at the destination, Renjun double-checked the number of the apartment door, before ringing the bell. He's never actually been to Jisung's, none of his friends have. They were always turned down at the opportunity, by the younger. So Renjun wasn't sure if he was at the right door.

Waiting patiently, Renjun rocked on his heels as he glanced down at the box in his hands. He wondered why the younger needed all these books and what the books were. Seeing as he never saw the boy read, let alone touch a book.

Cutting the boy from his thoughts, the apartment door swung open, leaving the boy to gape at the unexpected appearance.

"Mr. Lee?"

Looking at the boy with wide eyes, Taeyong let out a nervous laugh. "Renjun. What are you doing at my home?" he interrogated, his eyes falling to the box in the boy's hands. Internally cursing Ten for being so lazy. "Ah, I'll take that."

Taeyong reached out for the box, but Renjun didn't move. He was too shocked too.

"Hyung! What's taking so long!" Someone in the apartment called out.

Renjun furrowed his brows at the voice. It didn't belong to Jisung, but he's heard it a few times in school, especially through Donhyuck's phone.

Appearing into view behind Taeyong came Mark, who instantly stopped in his tracks at the sight of Renjun. "Oh... uh, hi," he awkwardly greeted. Taeyong rolled his eyes at Mark's bad timing.

"Um," Renjun let out, looking back and forward at the two males in front of him. "I-I thought Jisung lived here."

"He, uh... does," Mark hesitantly confirmed, rubbing the back of his neck. Silence falling after. The three awkwardly stood in place for a few seconds.

"So... The box," Taeyong disrupted the silence. "May I have it now?" he asked, placing his hand out towards the boy once again. Still processing the information, Renjun slowly handed the box over to Taeyong who gave him a smile in return. "Thank you." Renjun watched as Taeyong looked mark in the eyes as if they were having their own unspoken conversation.

Mark let out a sigh as Taeyong disappeared into the apartment with the box, leaving Mark to deal with the shocked boy. He grabbed his coat before stepping out of the apartment, then closing the door behind him. "Shall we?" Mark asked, making Renjun widen his eyes at the proposal.

"What? Why? Where are we going?" Renjun hastily inquired.

Mark smiled at the shaken boy. "It's late, so I figured I'd give you a ride home," he responded casually.

Renjun opened his mouth letting out a sound of understanding, agreeing to Mark's offer. Knowing that it was way too cold out to walk back home and not freeze his ass off.

Both boys headed down to the basement of the building where Mark's car was. When getting there, Mark unlocked his car seating himself behind the wheel, while Renjun sat in the passengers' seat. He started up the car after he and Renjun were buckled in, driving out of the basement and onto the main road.

Renjun breathed hot air from his mouth to his hands as he looked out the window.

"You can turn up the seat warmer if you'd like," Mark spoke, keeping his eyes trained on the road ahead of him. Renjun skimmed over the buttons on the dashboard. Pressing multiple times on a button with an addition sign on it, next to a heated symbol. He internally cried with joy when he felt the warmth of the seat rise.

Stopping at a red light, Mark glanced over at Renjun giving him a sheepish smile. "I, uh, actually don't know where I'm supposed to go."

"Oh right, sorry," Renjun apologized, giving Mark his home address.

Mark slowly began to drive when the light turned green, now having a full sense of where to go. The rest of the car ride being silent for the most part.

He parked the car when arriving in front of Renjun's apartment building.

Unbuckling his seatbelt, Renjun quickly thanked Mark before exiting out of the warm car. Then waved him off, watching the car drive off down the road.

Renjun heavily breathed out, the smoke of heat escaping his lips, mixing into the cold air as he made his way into the building and up to his apartment. Taking out his keys, he unlocked the door, shutting it behind him after entering. Then proceeded in taking his shoes off and hanging his coat, along with his school bag.

Running over to his room, the boy slumped onto his bed, groaning at the comfortable feeling. "I missed you," Renjun muffled into his pillow. Checking the time on his nightstand, the digital clock displayed that it was six-forty-five. Renjun rolled himself off the bed, making his way to his bathroom. Where he took a quick shower and got himself ready for bed.

Walking out with a towel draped over his head, Renjun decided to watch some festive movies to get into the holiday spirit, since it was still a little early to sleep. He brought over a cozy blanket along with a pillow to cuddle from his room, before plopping himself on the couch and picking a movie.

Halfway through the movie, Renjun heard his phone ring, absentmindedly picking it up without checking the caller ID. His focus still on the Tv screen in front of him. "Yes?"

"Hyung."

Renjun's eyes widened for a quick second, pulling his focus away from the movie. "Jisung... Do you need something?" Renjun nervously asked.

"Hyung, we need to talk," a lace of caution was heard in the Jisung's tone, making Renjun's nerves subside a bit.

"Ji, if this is about me going to your apartment then don't worry about it," Renjun reassured the younger. "I mean... yeah, I was shocked at first. Seeing your teacher out of school was one thing, but then Mark showed up and that was a whole othe-"

"Wait... what?" Jisung cut in, confused and slightly angry at the given information. "You went to my apartment?" he drawled out.

Tight-lipped, Renjun stayed silent as his nerves slowly began to creep up again.

'Fuck.'

tbc...

Продолжить чтение

Вам также понравится

117K 9.7K 35
when death calls, will you answer it? ▬▬ [trigger warning! contains certain topics: abuse, suicide, death, self-harm, and murder] status: comp...
24.1K 896 45
♡ school romance "Please don't treat me like an outsider to your life..." "You treated me like one before. Why can't I do the same to you?" ❗ TW! abu...
198K 9.2K 35
❝ i didn't know you're the type of person who goes here in this kind of places mister president ❞ [🌈] •G...
21.3K 658 27
*°• mark can't understand why donghyuck would break up with him all of sudden and while trying to figure it out he discovers something unexpected•°* ...