Mistaken Identity✔

By jollyreaderjennell

Kalliyah's twin sister, Alliyah decides to have an affair with an older man. The affair led to Alliyah gettin... More

Copyright ©
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Epilogue
My Other Books

Chapter 24

12.3K 692 66
By jollyreaderjennell

Alex's POV

  I parked my car in my driveway then shut down the car and exit while Santiago did the same behind me.   After our talk at the office, they went and pick up their stuff from the hotel and came back to the office to meet me.

   I leaned on the hood of my car and wait for the couple. Santiago managed to get their luggage out of his car without any help and I wasn't going to offer any either, not until I know the truth.

I learned from the car and started walking to my front door. I pressed the doorbell and wait for Cynthia to open the door.

   "Good afternoon Mr. Carter." She gave me a motherly smile. She spotted movements behind me so she turned her gaze away to look and her eyes widen at what she saw causing her to look back at me in shock. 

   I gave her a light smile to reassure her. "I'll explain later." I looked behind me at the couple. "Come on." I walked in my house with the couple not far behind me. When we reached the living room, I turn to Cynthia. "This is Santiago de Pablo and his fiancée,  Alliyah. They'll be staying here. Alliyah is Henrique's biological mother."

Cynthia's mouth hangs open, "But.." she started. 

  I interrupted her. "I know. Later, we'll talk about that."

  I heard some ruffling sound coming from behind me. I turned and saw Cloudy with her husband and family. I smiled at the little pups running after their mother.

   "Grey," I heard Alliyah said. The dog looked up at her in a confused state. She turned to me. "Where did you get him from?"

"Your sister left him here." Or should I say I kicked her out and she was forced to leave him?

"You know my sister?" she asked.

  "Yes, I do. We'll talk about those things another time not now." I turn to my housekeeper. "Can you give them a quest home please?"

  "Sure, Mr. Cater." From the look on her face, I know that she was confused. "Come with me," she said to the couple.  When the three of them left I went to my bar area and took out a bottle of whisky then I walked to my room with the bottle in my hand. I closed the door behind me. I walked over to my bed and placed the bottle at my bedside table then sat on my bed.

I facepalmed myself then raked my hands through my hair.

What the hell did I do?

She was right.

She was telling the truth.

And I didn't believe her.

  She was crying. She begged and pled for me to believe her but I didn't. All along, I thought that she broke my heart with her lies when I was the one who broke hers with my cruelty.  I should have believed her, but instead, I looked at the pictures that my mother had and doubted her. 

And now she's gone because I've hurt her and I kicked her out of my house. 

  She was crying and begging me to believe her and I didn't. 

I sighed. 

   I still remember the tears in her eyes as she pled with me and I blocked her out. I didn't trust her enough to believe her and now it's coming back to haunt me.

  I placed my head in my hand and started to cry.

 I lost her. 

  I lost the only girl I've ever truly loved or loved for that matter. 

  And the worst thing about it is that she loved me too. I was too blind to see that and now she's gone and I have no idea where she is. 

Even if I did, I don't think she'd take me back. Not after what I did. 

   When she just came she said she was tired of persons hurting her and I ended up doing the same to her.

 If only I could turn back time. 

If I had only made the right choices.

  I reached over for the whisky bottle then I pulled the cap and brought it to my lips. I let the bitter taste go down my throat then took a second sip, then another.

  Drinking always seemed to work for others so maybe now it's time for it to work for me. For it to help take the pain away from my chest. The pain that makes me feel empty and alone. 

  I am empty alone.

...................

   I still haven't got over my broken heart or the fact that I broke someone's heart. I'm still thinking about her. No matter what I try to do to get her out of my head. It doesn't work. I keep thinking about the times we spent together. The time by the pool yard, in front of the fireplace and many more. The memories just won't leave.

   Alliyah and Santiago are here staying with me. My parents brought Henrique a few days earlier saying they needed 'Alone time' and when they saw Alliyah they were shocked. Of course, my mother burst out in fits and argue but Santiago calmed her down.

  I don't know how he did but he managed to get her to control herself.

   Santiago and I become friends. We talk about business, cars and sports. He is a great guy and he's going to be a great father to Henrique. After spending time with the couple, I realized that Alliyah was truly sorry for her mistakes, so why hold it against her?

   She also deserves to have her child around her. I wouldn't want him hating her because of the mistakes she's made and although I've agreed for them to get custody of him, I still wanted them to make him visit me regularly. I want to have a relationship with my younger brother.

"Ms. Carter, dinner is ready." I shook my head and lift it to  Cynthia at my office door.

"Thanks, I'll be there in a minute."

   Cynthia isn't as mean towards Alliyah as she was to Kalliyah when she arrived. She was on the edge a little but I guess just like me, she forgave Alliyah. I saw them talking and laughing, something she never did with Kalliyah.

Kalliyah.

She comes in my mind at least ten times a day. 

  It's hard to forget someone you love.

    I love her and I pushed her away.  If only I had a little more trust in her, then she'd be in my arms. She'd be with me. I'd be able to look in her grey eyes and smile at her. I'd kiss her and make her feel special just like she is. I'd tell her how much I love her and how much I care.

   But I can't do any of those things because she's not here and I don't have the guts to go and hunt her down.

I sighed and stood up from my desk. I closed down my MacBook. 

   I walked to the dining area to see Santiago and Alliyah was already there. They were holding hands and smiling at each other. 

That's sweet. 

There is no doubt that they love each other.

 I smiled and cleared my throat to get their attention.

   Alliyah looked up and saw me. Her cheeks got pink with embarrassment as if they were caught doing something nasty. She placed her head on Santiago's shoulder.

   He laughed at her. He looks up at me. "Lo Siento." He had a guilty look on his face but I need not question what type of conversation they were having at my dinner table.

I smiled and took my seat at my usual spot.

  After a couple of minutes of awkward silence, I decide to speak up. "Did Henrique give any trouble today?"

   I realized at the mention of her son's name she jolts. That made me smile internally. "No, he didn't. In fact, he was playing with Cloudy, Grey and their pups. It was great. I even put some pictures on Instagram with them playing. It's adorable. The pictures got lots of likes. He's asleep now though."

   Alliyah loved social-media. Since she's an ex-model she knew almost all the social media platforms and tries to keep a ready update with them. 

"That's good. What did you two do?"

  I saw the couples face got red. I smirk, they were doing the nasties in my house. I didn't mind though. They're a couple, of course, I expect them to be intimate.

"Well, you see.." Alliyah stuttered.

  "We went to the beach and danced by poolside." Santiago finished for her. 

  Santiago and Alliyah's relationship is something precious.

   I know it takes a lot out of a man to understand Alliyah after what she did but Santiago understands he perfectly and that's why they're great for each other. He was able to help her get over her depression and she values that deeply. 

"That's good." 

   I took up my fork and start eating my dinner. Cynthia prepared a simple rice, chicken and vegetable dish. I start eating the food and so did the others. The table was silent apart from the forks brushing against the glass dishes.

   My phone interrupted that silence so I quickly took my phone out of my pocket. I looked at the screen to see the ID number but it was unfamiliar. I decided to answer it.

"Alexander Carter speaking."

"Mr. Carter, we'd like you to come to the St. Joseph Hospital immediately."

  "Why?" I frowned. I was little worried. Why do I need to get to the hospital? Did something happen?

   "Mr. Carter, your number is listed in the patience's phone as an emergency contact. We need you to come and identify her since she is unconscious."

"What?" What's going on? "What happened?" I frowned. 

   "Mr. Carter, I don't know much. I'm just a receptionist. What I know is that she's been in an accident and was severely injured. Now, I have go. Just please come to the St. Joseph Hospital on 652 West Bridge Avenue, New York City. Have a good day. We'll be waiting for you." Then she hang up. I swallowed then I looked back at the phone in my hand still not gasping fully of what was said.

Who had an accident?

"Is everything okay?" I heard Santiago spoke so I looked over to him.

   "A hospital just called and told me to come and identify a body of someone who had my number as an emergency contact," I told them still trying to think about all the persons it could be. 

"What, who?" Alliyah asked.

I looked at her, still confused. "I don't know,"

"Well, who's emergency contact are you?" Santiago asked.

I looked up at him and start thinking, who's emergency contact am I?

Then it struck me, like lighting.

"Kalliyah."

.................................

Have you ever been to the hospital?

Thanks for reading. :)

Please don't be a ghost, please vote and comment. (They make me smile.)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

502K 18K 62
#1 "Lie. Everything is Lie. My life is totally a Lie" -Amelia Collins __ Amelia Collins's life is full of lies. Her life is playing with her happines...
16.1K 1K 23
He set fire to the world around him but never let a flame touch her. Reyansh Kapoor: "She is the ocean in which I'll happily drown. " She was a selen...
76.7K 4.4K 62
What happens when two soul sisters are forced to marry Billionaire Brothers in order to save their Adopted parents. Whether it will a fresh start...
457K 14.1K 29
Alexander Relph a young handsome billionaire , the owner of "AXR Furniture Inc. He rise up in orphanage, with his talent and hardworking he got top b...