FACADE

By Princess_pearls

Everyone wears masks, some to fit in, some for make believe, while some have no other choice than to. Ca... More

Chapter 1: In My Feelings
Chapter 2: Out Of State Out Of Mind
Chapter 3: Buzz
Chapter 4: Escape
Chapter 5: Thoughts
Chapter 6:Tutor??
Chapter 7:Text
Chapter 8: Accidental or Intentional
Chapter 9: Surprise
Chapter 10: I Love You
Chapter 11: Memories
Chapter 12: See
Chapter 13: Toys
Chapter 14: Grape Juice
Chapter 15:Sheebah
Chapter 16: Sheebah 2
Chapter 17: Thank you
Chapter 18: A Perfect Sight
Chapter 19: Monster Brother
Chapter 20 :The Unknown
Chapter 21: The Analysis
Chapter 22: Midnight Thoughts
Chapter 23: Past Life
Chapter 24: The Party
Chapter 25:
Chapter 26: No Answers
Chapter 28: Saved By The Bell
Chapter 29: White Lie
Chapter 30: Alter Ego
Chapter 31: The Jog
Chapter 32: Regrets
Chapter 33: As Usual
Chapter 34 : Insane
Chapter 35: Strange
Chapter 37:
Chapter 38:
Chapter 39: Jingle Bells
Chapter 40:
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44:
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47: Rescued
Chapter 48: Rescued 2
Chapter 49:
Chapter 50: Edward Spread Rumors
Chapter 51: is That Even A Question
Chapter 52
Chapter 53:
Chapter 54:
Chapter 55:
Chapter 56: Yup
Chapter 57:
Chapter 58:
Chapter 59:
Chapter 60:
Chapter 58: The ËMPÏRË + Flashbacks
Chapter 59: More Flashbacks
Chapter 60: Thë Ëmpïre
Chapter 61: Ëmpïrë+ Nathaniel Banks
Chapter 62: More truth less lies
Chapter 63: Help
Chapter 64: Mission impossible
Chapter 65: Get the code right
Chapter 66: Operation Find Out Secrets
Chapter 67:The Great Escape
Chapter 68: A terrible event
Chapter 69: Flashing Through
Chapter 70: Decided Feelings
Chapter 71:A date like no other
Chapter 72

Chapter 27: Marcus

9 3 0
By Princess_pearls

 My parents were already home when I came in and judging from the lights that were still on, they were probably still awake. Feeling reluctant to inform them of my arrival, I snuck into my room, opening and shutting the door as quietly as I could before collapsing on the bed.

 The information I received today was too much to digest, but I knew I had to jot some hints down. I laughed sarcastically at how miserable my life had become, considering that I had to think hard to even get a clue about what happened in the past.

 If it wasn't for the unknown, I wouldn't have pursued the matter and would have just endured every pain that came with the memory recovery. At some point, I had thought I was like the others, donning designer clothes, at the top of the food chain, studying hard to make our parents proud and loving without restraint.

 But deep down, that voice had always whispered in my ear, telling me that I was different and no matter how hard I tried I was never going to fit in, not sure whether that was a gift or a curse.

 I would be lying if I said what Sheebah told me hadn't been bothering me, the sentence kept replaying in my head and at some point I started feeling a headache coming on.

 Fortunately, my drug was just in sight and I hastily downed it with water, breathing in and out like my therapist had instructed. I hated that she could affect me without really trying and the fact that she was foul-mouthed wasn't helping either.

 'What goes around comes around' I wrote the words down on a sticker note, and pasted it on the board I had just purchased and traced the lines. Jenny, Shayne and Becca, Marcus, Edward, Kennedy and Sheebah. Those were the few people I had had encounters with for the past two years.

 The matter was getting interesting, but unfortunately I knew I wouldn't have the time to pursue this matter now, thanks to the exams but hopefully after I will be able to untie the knots one after the other.

 I turned the board back to its usual position and looked out, before shutting the blinds. I switched on my nightstand lamp and tucked myself in. Alone with my thoughts, loneliness and burdens. I promised myself to find out whatever it was I had forgotten.

On the other hand, I couldn't stop thinking about Edward. My cheeks flushed hot and my heart kept beating loudly. Although I could be considered naive when it came to matters between a male and a female, that didn't mean I was oblivious to it. I didn't need anyone to tell me to know that I was already falling.

....

 I was tossing and turning on the bed when I received a notification on my phone. Tracing the nightstand with my fingers, I managed to find my phone and picked it up. When I unlocked it, I saw it was a message from Marcus since I had saved his number the other day but had forgotten to delete it since he hadn't called since then.

 If there was an impression Marcus left on me, it was that he was mysterious. Like a bottomless sea. I wasn't in a hurry to check the message since I thought he wanted to tease me but when I did, my eyes almost jumped out of its socket and a smile formed on my lips.

...

 My mom had once told me that I was addicted to caffeine when I was younger and has even gone out in the middle of the night one time we ran out of it just to buy it. When I inquired some more, she had told me that I was a study freak and I would usually stay up late at night to study. Since coffee always helps to kill sleep, I would always have a cup in hand.

     But when I awoke from the accident, it became what I despised the most. I didn't have to be told that because till date, I still had that disgust for coffee and particularly, I hate the smell.

    Today was no different, since Marcus had messaged me last night to meet up at The Willows, a nearby café, I had no other choice than to go over since the conditions he stated were heavy and weighing the pro and cons, I decided it would do me no harm but good if I were to go.

 Since it was the weekends, the place was crowded, and I could say for sure it was always like that during the weekdays as the place was renowned for having the best coffees, one would have to stand in a cue for hours just to get a cup.

 The beverages here costs a bomb and that only added to its popularity. However, the most interesting part is that they placed a very high value on hierarchy so to be able to book a seat in the Café, one must have a very high status.

Once I told the waitress my name, I was let in, and by instinct, I found myself walking towards the window side that wasn't occupied and took a seat.

 Soon after, the waitress came to collect my order and I told her just a bottle of water would do for the main time. I checked the time and saw that it was already twelve minutes past the time we decided upon.

       Nevertheless, I decided to wait for eighteen more minutes and if he still doesn't make an appearance by then, I'll just treat it as spending some alone time to myself outside. I took the opportunity to mull over some things and the songs they were playing just happened to complement my mood.

     I would pour myself a cup of water once in a while as I checked my watch occasionally. When the long hand landed on the six, I knew it was time to leave. I was about to go settle my bills when I saw Marcus enter. He was handsome, no doubt, and he immediately became the center of attention as soon as he came in.

    He was wearing a white t shirt coupled with a pair of ash cargo pants, in his hand was a schoolbag that he carried leisurely as he walked, his Daytona Rolex watch was not unnoticeable either and his long blonde hair made him look otherworldly. His features looked like they had been carefully carved to perfection by God. When he saw me, he smiled before walking toward my table.

 His smile complemented his beauty and if he had been described as handsome before, he looked more charming as his smile bloomed like a thousand lotus flower that had been paid attention to by the owner.

    Of course every girl loves beauties, which does not exclude me, but his playboy attitude was a total turn off. Compared to Edward, I think he paled in that aspect. I hated the fact that he thought that the world was in his hands and he could get anything he wanted without having to try. Surely this was owed to his good looks. Him setting his compass on me only added to the problem, I admired him, but his personality was something I couldn't put up with.

    "You like what you see?" He asked, smirking, and I quickly hung my head low to cover the blush that was now becoming apparent on my face.

     "Let's talk business" I switched to my imposing yet warm attitude as I noticed I couldn't talk sense with him. He is the type of person that would whine, smile, act coquettish, apply force and whatnot to get what he wants, it only depended on what the person requires.

     He leaned leisurely on his chair as he looked over the menu "How about we order first, sorry I came in late." He apologized gentlemanly, and I shrugged, indicating that it wasn't like I had other choice.

    "I am good" I rejected. The truth is I really didn't want anything on the list and the ice cream was the only thing that had caught my attention but when I looked around and saw what the others were taking, I decided against it. Plus there was no way Marcus would let me pay for my drinks since he was known to be prideful, and I didn't want to owe him anything.

 "She'll have a vanilla ice cream sundae with strawberry compote" I heard him order, and I couldn't be bothered to argue with him, like I said earlier he wasn't someone easy to deal with.

 "Let's talk over ice-cream shall we? " He asked funnily, but the tone made one unable to laugh. Knowing not to annoy him especially not when I had something to get out of him, I nodded in compliance.

    Our order was served in no time and I tipped the waiter, before she left with a wide grin.

 If looks could bore holes into a person, perhaps there would be a thousand holes on my face as Marcus' eyes were on me the entire time and even if I didn't want to, I couldn't help but notice. But I just diverted my gaze, pretending not to see him before scooping my ice cream to shift my attention.

As the ice cream melted in my mouth, it melted my heart too, and I knew I would regret it so much if I didn't have another taste.

 With that, I completely ignored Marcus and finished my Ice cream in big gulps. Etiquette class was a compulsory in school and the exaggerated importance of carrying yourself in a graceful manner with everything you do made me despise the class because to me etiquette was just for pretentious people. But like I said it was a compulsory, so I had to take it no matter what.

 I looked up at Marcus when I was done as if to say 'I am done now, will you please for the love of God say what you called me here for?'

 "So, I know you are probably going to tear me apart if I told you it was all a trick to lure you out to enjoy yourself. Look how pleased you look" I shot him a deathly glare, and he raised his hands up in mock surrender, but that didn't let me hold back, I swear I was going to kill him if it really was a prank.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

13.2M 419K 72
Throughout her years in high school, Maggie Carter could've successfully avoided every toxic aspect that surrounded Henderson High, down to the teach...
5.9K 163 14
✎ | HOCKEY SPORT ROMANCE (Beaumont boys #1) " I don't know how to explain it, Xander. B-but when I am with you I just feel like the rest of the worl...
84.9K 3K 55
She thought he was her college professor. Reality check: he was anything but. ~~~ 🖤 ~~~ Ellora Davis is an average college student, naive of the dan...
815 34 26
Nolan Lennox had things figured out. Named after a baseball legend, she enjoyed being the Tomboy, her closet filled with her brother's hand-me-downs...