Sentenced (J.JK)

Від Kookieapplebts

The words you speak can save his life. Say the wrong thing and he'll be hung six feet in the air. Haha. No... Більше

Prologue
Chapter I
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 25 - Final

Chapter 24

3.2K 236 217
Від Kookieapplebts

Warning: This chapter mentions violence and abuse.

-

You both settle into your luxurious plane seat, indulging in the feeling of comfort that comes as a benefit of flying first class.  You just won a multi-million dollar case. Of course, you're going to treat yourself. 

The air hostess announces that departure is about to commence and instructs everyone to put on their seatbelt. You slide on the belt with ease before melting back into the leather chair. 

The rumbling of the plane sends shivers down your spine as you close your eyes. You hated flying, more specifically, you hated take off. Ever since you were young, you would get a whole lot of anxiety before take off, now that you're older, you have the fear seemingly under control, however, Jungkook still manages to notice the wary expression you desperately try not to show. 

"You okay?" he asks with a small frown. You nod stiffly, forcing out a smile. "Yeah, I'm fine. Just not the biggest fan of take off."

Jungkook nods thoughtfully before speaking once again. "I was meaning to ask, but who was that guy from yesterday?"

You look over at him before sighing. You stare at Jungkook for a few seconds before finally speaking. Your voice is heavy as you talk, the underlying tone of anger and regret says more things than the words that escape your mouth. 

"He...he is my ex," you start. Already, from just that one sentence, you notice how Jungkook's form has become tense. "I had met him in the strip club when I was on my weekly shift, he offered to buy me a drink and I accepted. We kinda hit it off and he asked me out. Like all couples, we had our honeymoon phase. He bought me things and helped me with money so me being the naive little girl I was, thought I was in love with him. I turned a blind eye to all his bad actions, he was an alcoholic, a druggie but worse of all, he was a sex-addict. He started asking to have s-sex from just the third date, despite me being underage at that time. But who was I to judge, I was a goddamn stripper. I d-denied his r-request because I was afraid, but that's when he- when he..." you pause to look up at Jungkook. 

The brunette has a furious glint in his eyes and his fist are clenched. "What did he do?" he demands in a low voice.  You look down, the words stuck in your throat. Jungkook notices your hesitance and lowers his guard, face softening as he gently grips onto your hand. "What did he do?" he asks in a softer voice. 

You take a deep breath before continuing. 

"He t-tried to force himself onto me. I-I refused but then he got mad and s-started g-geting violent. Every time I denied having sex with him, he-he would g-get violent." You unconsciously tug on your sleeves, as if to cover the bruises that no longer exist. "At first, it was just a slap or a push b-but then, over time it got worst. He beat me, cut my hair, whipped me with b-belts and then there was the verbal abuse. He would call me a slut for being a stripper a-and then call me a prude for not having sex. Eventually, I got out of the relationship, he was furious when I told him I was leaving, but what was he to do. Hurt me more?" You exhale and close your eyes as Jungkook's warm hand places on top of yours.  

Jungkook stays silent but you can feel the fury that escapes him from how he's fidgeting ever so slightly. 

"That felt good," you finally speak up. The boy looks at you curiously, 'what did?"

"Talking about...about that. This is the first time I properly told someone what happened. I told Jisoo very little details of the situation, but other than that, you are the first person to know what really happened. Jungkook smiles, "well, thank you for telling me."  

"Look," he says while pointing to the window. You look out, "woahh, the clouds are so pretty!"

The brunette nods, "hmm, you know what that means, right?"

You look over at him confusedly, "what does it mean?"

Jungkook smiles, his pearly whites displaying into that rare cheeky grin of his. "We're in the air."

It takes you a minute to process what he means but then you finally realise, "t-the plane already took off, I didn't even notice." You stare at Jungkook in amazement, "y-you did that on purpose, didn't you? You started a conversation so that I wouldn't focus on my surroundings."

Jungkook casually shrugs. You smile at him, grateful. "I don't get how you're so..." 

Jungkook frowns, "so what?"

'Perfect'

"So smart," you say quietly. Truth but not the whole.

Jungkook perks his shoulders in a cocky manner, opening his mouth to brag.

"Just kidding, dummy." Jungkook shuts his mouth, pouting at your comment. "I got straight A's back in high school, y' know." 

You chuckle, "me too."

Jungkook rolls his eyes playfully, "my A's were straighter than yours."

You open your mouth to comment but then a sudden thought interrupts you. "Wait...Jungkook, do you have your law degree yet?" 

The boy nods, "it was suspended when I was in jail but now that I'm free, I have it back."

A sly smile slips onto your face. "I see."

~

Jungkook stares at you with a judgemental expression. 

"What," you bark, cheeks red from irritation. 

"Seriously?" He questions, his chocolate irises scrutinising your movements. 

"What's your problem!" you huff out angrily, ready to throw fists at whoever walks by. 

"Why exactly did you need 3 bags for a 2-day trip?"

You drop the heavy bags onto the ground, arms tired from trying to drag them to your hotel room. 

"That is an irrelevant question, all you do is ask stupid questions while I'm working my damn ass off to pull these bags to my room. I've just been on a 12-hour flight, had absolutely nothing to eat, and now I have to carry all these stupid bags-"

"And who's the one who fell asleep on the plane and didn't bother to eat when I told her to wake up and do so?" Jungkook interrupts causing you to rage further. 

"I WAS RESTING MY BRAIN, SHUT UP. I can't believe you are blaming me for this, I am the victim here-"

Jungkook sighs amusedly before grabbing your heavy bags and walking off. "You're cute when you're mad," he shouts back, causing you to run to him aggressively. 

"Are you making fun of me-" 

He cuts you off by pecking your lips, "let's go get some food, okay?"

You stand there frozen for a good five seconds, a rosy hue adorning your pale cheeks as you watch the brunette trudge off with all the luggage. 

"I bet I could have carried all those," you mumble to yourself before sheepishly following him. 

~

You moan in pleasure and push yourself back against the pillow. "Ahh, so good!"

"Mmm," Jungkook hums lowly. 

"THIS IS THE BEST PIZZA EVER!" you can't help but shout ecstatically, mood seemingly lighter and more joyous than earlier. 

"I know right," the brunette agrees, eagerly licking the flavourful remains off his fingers. 

"We're gonna get so fat," you state while grabbing your 5th slice. 

"No, you will get fat. I have a good metabolism."

You scoff, "that's what they all say, and then 10 years later, they end up on that show, 'the biggest loser'." 

Jungkook laughs, patting his belly before laying back onto the bed.

 "Do you know where they are?" He asks after a while

"The biggest losers?" 

"Yeah, my parents."

You chuckle, "oh ho roastedd. and no, I've been trying to track their precise location down and that's why I bought these."

You hop off the bed and strut over towards your large suitcase. With a desperate puff, you heave open the bag, revealing the sleek black technology inside it. 

"What the- didn't know you could bring time machines on a plane," Jungkook says while ogling over the items in your suitcase.

"It's not a time machine stupid, it's a darknet computer"

"WHAT!?"

You sigh before carefully bringing the computer onto the bed. "It's not a big deal. The police provided it to me so I could investigate the case while having access to the illegal websites that your parents are using to escape."

'Woah, that's-that's kinda cool."

"I'M kinda cool." You open up the computer and stare at the blank screen with slight hesitance. "Now before I unlock this I must warn you, this computer will contain some of the darkest most gruesome things you will ever find in this world, so like, don't freak out." 

Jungkook scoffs, "I've been to jail and got hung 6 feet in the air, I think I will be fine."

You nod, "well then..." the computer unlocks with a mechanical whir as you type in the endless lists of passwords. The screen has a black display with a set of private documents in the middle. You click on a document which opens up to this website that contains a huge load of random codes and numbers. 

Jungkook scratches his head, confused by all the digits that fly across the screen. 

"There's probably going to be some pop-ups," you warm before clicking on a few codes. A sudden video pops up of a man, eating a woman's skin while she screams in agony. You wince as the man comes closer to the screen, displaying a haunting smile with his teeth that is covered in flesh and blood. 

Jungkook gags at the sight. "W-what the fuck."

You manage to close the pop-up and continue with the task, your head feels heavy after that, the pizza that you once indulged in is now trying to crawl back up your stomach. 

You look over at Jungkook and chuckle, "I tHinK i wILL bE fINe," you mock the brunette who is now hiding his eyes. 

Jungkook huffs, still keeping his hands on his face. 

You get back to work, typing in codes and detail until finally, a small piece of information pops up. 

"THIS IS IT!" you exclaim, pointing towards the screen. Jungkook squints his eyes and stares at the display. "A bank?"

You nod, "they withdrew 50 million US dollars from this bank three days ago, they must be near the location of this bank, we just need to log into local security cameras and try and find them." 

Jungkook tilts his head warily, "that's going to be hard, don't you think."

You smile, "The harder you work, the better the end result."

~

The sun splashes its golden hues onto the ocean sky as the day yawns in awakening. The car rumbles as you drive down the gravel road, begging for a rest after the long journey. "It's beautiful," Jungkook comments, admiring the picturesque scenery that passes the moving car. 

You hum in agreement, eyes focusing on the road yet still feeling the tranquillity of the small town just by the minty fresh air that seeps in through the open window.  

"We're here," you call out after a while, pulling the black Mercedes-Benz into a rest.  Jungkook hops out and stares at the surroundings in awe. "It's...beautiful," he whispers, voice sounding breathless. 

You stand unresponsive, a scowl etching your features. Your charcoal irises glare at the towering mansion that sits arrogantly on top of the hill. Jungkook only then notices the house and scoffs, "of course."

"Did they really need such a huge luxurious house for just the two of them?" You ask with a bitter tone. 

Jungkook stares at the house for a bit longer before slowly ascending up the hill. You follow suit but the boy spins on his heels, dark eyes casting a firm gaze in your direction. "You stay here," he commands. "I know how they are, it...it could be dangerous, I don't want you getting hurt."

"But-"

"No, Y/N, please just let me handle this."

You cast your eyes down before stepping back down from the hill. Jungkook smiles appreciatively and continues climbing the steep hill. He can't help but notice how hidden this place is, his parents really planned this thing out. 

Upon reaching the top of the hill, the boy hooks his eyes onto the sturdy wooden door that mocks his arrival. With hesitant steps, he walks forward. His hand reaches out and stops in front of the door, fist clenched. 

He gathers his courage, a deep breath or two and then finally...

knock knock knock

He waits for the doors to open. His hand's fidget and his body unintentionally squirms from the prolonged anticipation. As minutes pass by, his doubt grows more frantic. This isn't it, they don't live here, must have got the wrong address. 

But then, as if teasing Jungkook and his measly doubts, the doors burst open, and there stands the one man he fears most in his life. His father. 

The man stands there, mouth agape, brows furrowing and further wrinkling his already aged skin. 

"Jungkook...?" He stares at the boy with wide eyes. 

The anxiety in the boy squeezes in his gut as the man speaks. 

"D-dad-"

The man rolls his eyes, distaste swiping over his confused expression. "Even after all this, you still speak with that stupid stutter of yours. Unbelievable."

Upon hearing the muffled voice downstairs, Mrs Jeon walks over towards the door. "Jungkook?!" 

Jungkook stares at his parents, a plethora of tight emotions attacking him at once. 

"I-I thought you died," he whispers, vulnerability evident in his tone despite his efforts to seem confident. 

"Died? You know for the smart boy you are, you do act quite daft.  We are some of the most powerful people in Korea. Do you really think it is that easy to kill us off?" His mother beams in arrogance. "We faked our death and now here we are, living the stress-free dream life we always craved."

Jungkook stares at them sadly at the confession, despite already knowing all this. "But-but you... why did you try to frame me?"

They both chuckle, the sickening sound of mirth wrapping around the trio in a suffocating embrace. "Who else would we have framed, you were the perfect scapegoat." 

Jungkook stares down at the stone floor miserably. "Why me? Your own son. Why-why d-do you hate me so much?" 

The man smirks, his brow-raising high in amusement. 

"I think it's about time I tell you. You see Jungkook, you're not really our son. Your mother had trouble conceiving children so, in the end, we had opted for adoption. We wanted a kid that carried the Jeon legacy for years, but in the end, we happened to just pick out a pathetic piece of shit like you. You were never our son, you never will be. It was truly a pity we had to live with you for all those years. But then, we came up with the perfect plan." 

Jungkook keeps his head low, fist clenched as a new emotion takes over him. It's black and hot and rages through his bloodstream. Anger. 

"So you faked your own death to get away from me?" he asks through gritted teeth. 

"Well, originally, we had planned to just kill you, however, we thought that would cause too much fuss. And plus, with us 'gone' and you in jail, that just left billions of dollars of insurance money in our bank. It was simply, the perfect crime." 

Jungkook looks up, his face calm and seemingly blank. 

With slow movements, Jungkook lifts up a black object from his pants and hold it in front of his parents. 

A voice recorder. 

He presses the red button before breaking out into a devilish smirk. "Well, in that case, father, you are both under arrest for pseudocide and attempted homicide." Jungkook grabs two metal handcuffs from his pocket. "You have the right to remain silent."

His father screams. "Jungkook, stop this nonsense, delete that now!" he says while pointing to the recorder. 

Jungkook handcuffs his mother before looking up and grinning at his father. "No."

"What did you say?!" His father bellows. 

Jungkook stares the elderly man dead in the eye, "did I stutter?" 

The man struggles, screaming and cursing Jungkook as the boy grips onto him before suddenly pausing. Jungkook looks up confusedly at his father only to be met with the man's sinister smirk. 

And that's when Jungkook feels it, the cool scrape of metal against the back of his head. A gun. 

He turns around slowly, expecting to meet his mother's hard glare. 

But instead, he is met with a shocking sight that has his heart freezing. 

"Y/N?!" 

-

A/N: I legit held my breath while writing this chapter. I might have a heart attack. This chap was lowkey rushed but also really slow. I think next chap is gonna be the last one. 

Продовжити читання

Вам також сподобається

330 22 7
Let's just say Jimin and Taehyung are never too old for a babysitter. "In the game of life and death. There are no winners. Just survivors." WARNIN...
390 45 21
She made it difficult for me to live. Should I kill her or pull her to my heart? The worst decision of my life. ...
200 24 13
"We need you to find someone, we think he's in danger. His name is Min Yoongi." not actually done, just --MOVED--
1K 35 19
I must protect them from that monster. It's my fault this is happening. So, no matter what happens, I must keep all seven of them safe.