Do Better

By theyhatedime

Prezi- Do Better Sequel to Keep it on the Real All Rights Reserved, 2018 Β© I do not own the rights to any so... More

Intro: Do better
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
20
21

19

2.7K 102 66
By theyhatedime

                               Mamé's POV

"Mommy, your phone keeps ringing!" KJ yelled from the living room. "It's daddy."

"Bring it in here, baby!" I yelled back as I tended to the food I had cooking on the stove. I listened to Karl and Nemo's tiny footsteps smacking against the floor, as they ran into the kitchen to hand me my phone, then they swiftly turned back around to head out. I slightly smiled before turning my attention to my phone.

I had 2 missed calls from Kenyana, and just as I was about to call him back, he called me. I answered his call immediately.

"Text me." He spoke. Before giving me a chance to respond, hung up.

I was confused, but went ahead to text him anyway. Before I could send a message, he had sent his.

Hubby❤️: Wya, wyd?

Hubby❤️: What you wearing?

Hubby❤️: What you smell like?

Me: Home, cooking, VS Juniper Glow, your shirt and some shorts

Hubby❤️:That pussy on fleek 👀?

Hubby❤️:What color yo draws

Me: You knowww

Me: Red, your favorite 🤪

Hubby❤️:😍

Hubby❤️: IMY bae 😘 my lady love

Me: Imy more baby 😘. Are you not in your meeting?

Hubby❤️: I am

Hubby❤️: Niggas bored tho 😂😂😂

Me: Boy, you're crazy as hell! Pay attention

Me: Stop texting me Lol

Hubby❤️: Let's go to dinner

Hubby❤️: Real Date 💯 All dressed up and shit

Me: Okay 🥰. Where you wanna go?

Hubby❤️: Mastros

Me: Tonight?

Hubby❤️: Yee

Hubby❤️: I wanna take you shopping too lol. Spend some $$$ on you 💯

Me: Awww 😍 it's a plan

Hubby❤️: Ight fs

Me: Okay then ☺️

Hubby❤️: Aye

Me: Yes baby?

Hubby❤️: Ily hella much

Hubby❤️: Hella much and appreciate all the lil shit you do

Me: I love and appreciate you more 😩. You know I'm never gonna fold

Me: If you wanna sell ice cream baby ima scoop  😂😂

Hubby❤️: Lol the realist 😭😂😂 We locked in baby 😘

Me: Just like that 😂😘🤞🏾

Hubby❤️: If I could I would marry you all over again Rs 💯

Me: I love youuuuu 😩

Hubby❤️: I love you moe

Me: Now pay attention Lol 😂

Hubby❤️: Ctfu I got you 😭😭

I locked my phone with a smile still plastered on my face. My mind wasn't even on the food that was burning, but on my husband since he had the butterflies in my stomach doing flips and tricks.

After I finished cooking, I cleaned up the mess that I had made from using pots and pans. I was happy that I decided to make food early, so that Yatta and I could have the rest of the day to ourselves.

I had just finished making the kids their plates and getting them seated at the dining table when Yatta walked in. His smile was so wide as our babies ran up to him.

"Daddy!!"

"My niggas, mayne!" He picked all 3 of them up together, hugging them tight as they laughed uncontrollably.

"Your what?" I raised an eyebrow at him, he just smirked.

"Alright, it's my turn!" I spoke like the big baby I am, running up to him for my hug. After catching me, he started spinning me around until I begged him to stop. Once he placed me down, the kids started screaming for him to do the same to them.

Even though he was trying to hide it, I knew he was getting dizzy too, so I had to let the kids know that it was enough.

"Alright, y'all go finish your food before it ends up on my floor." I spoke, sending them off and back to the dining table.

Yatta chuckled as he watched them run off. I shook my head at him and took his bag from him.

"Thank you, baby." He spoke.

"Mmhm. How was the meeting?"

"Smooth. Nothing I ain't already heard."

"Mm, you sure you were even paying attention?"

"When I wanted to." He smirked. "I'm just ready to take you out."

I smiled. "Ooo, I can't wait."

"Yea, I really wanna spend sum on you, you deserve it baby."

"Then you gotta let me spend something on you."

"Nah, I'm straight." He waved me off and began walking towards the stairs.

"Too bad, I'm going to." I followed close behind him.

"I'm telling you baby, the Mastro's in Malibu is beautiful-"

"Malibu?" I looked at him like he was crazy.

"Oh, I forgot to mention, we going down to SoCal." He smiled. "Fuck a date night, I'm talking date nights."

"And how the hell are we getting there in time?"

"The jet, duh." He kissed my forehead, moving past me and into our bathroom.

"You must be crazy."

"Crazy 'bout you." He smirked. "Pack up 'cause we leaving in 2 hours."

"And who's coming to watch the kids?"

"My aunty. Don't even worry 'bout it, just get ready. You'll enjoy it baby, I promise you."

"I'm trusting you."

"You know I never disappoint." He responded and I smiled, going straight into the closet to pack up.

________________________________

"And I really don't want KJ in all day playing video games, so if you can, please encourage him to go outside and play basketball or something. He would sit here all day and play on that PS4 if he could." I spoke.

"I will." Aunty spoke.

"For Nemo, he'll pretty much do anything he sees his siblings doing in the afternoon. In the mornings he's usually moody so I try to-"

"Mamé, I got them. You know these my babies too, right? Y'all get gone and enjoy yourselves, alright?"

I took a deep breath, realizing who I was leaving them with. She knows our kids damn near as well as we do, so I know they'll be fine. I didn't know what was up with me, but it was getting hard for me to leave them. Even if it's just for a couple days.

"I know, I know. I don't know why I'm acting like this." I shook my head.

"It's alright baby, I understand. You have nothing to worry about though, I got them." She gave me a smile, and I did the same. She pulled me in for a tight, warm hug and rubbed my back a bit, before letting me say my last goodbye's to my kids.

"Y'all better behave and be good for your aunty, okay?" I looked over at Nemo and Cyn, before making direct eye contact with Karl. He nodded and gave me a wide smile, warming my heart. I placed both of my hands on his cheeks and leaned down to kiss his forehead, before doing the same to Nehemiah and Cyncere.

"Ight, our ride is here." Yatta came back in the house, making eye contact with me. I nodded and turned back around to hug his aunt, before giving the kids another hug.

"Okay, I'm ready." I spoke as I made my way to the door.

"Y'all be good for your aunty, okay?" Yatta spoke to the kids after hugging his aunt. He crouched down to their level and gave them another group hug. This time, he didn't pick them up and spin them around though. My heart was warm as I watched them have their little moment. Once everything was good, Kenyana and I headed out to the Chevy Tahoe of his occasional driver.

As we drove off, the kids continued to wave bye to us along with their aunt. Yatta and I waved back to them, and I kept looking back until they were out of our sight.

I sighed before I laid my head on Yatta's shoulder. I guess he could tell something was up with me, because I felt him looking over at me before he finally asked what was wrong.

"You good?"

"I don't know." I wiped the tear that fell.

"What's wrong?" He lifted my face to meet my eyes, before noticing I was teary-eyed.

"I don't know why, but it's always so hard for me to leave them." I wiped under my eye again. "I think I have separation anxiety. I haven't had to be away from them for this long. Even when Kj goes to school, I get a little worried. I don't know how you did it on tour."

He sighed. "Trust, that shit was eating me up. We gon have fun tho, and they will too. I think the best way to get over that separation anxiety is by being separated, even if it's for a little bit." He spoke and I nodded my head in agreement. "They'll be fine, I promise you that."

"I know." I sniffled, kind of embarrassed that I was even crying.

He wiped my cheek and kissed it, pulling me into him again as we laid back and enjoyed the ride.

________________________________

After the car ride and boarding the private jet, in a little over an hour, we were in SoCal. Landed at LAX, we were picked up by another driver to start heading to Malibu, which was about an hour drive from where we were located.

"I think we should shop out here. I'm sure they got better malls out here than Malibu." Kenyana spoke as he looked down at me.

"Okay. That's fine by me." I nodded.

He let the driver know and directed him to The Grove. I was glad that I wore comfortable clothing so that I would be able to walk around.

Once we pulled up to the shopping mall, Yatta gave the driver an estimated time of when we would be finished. He nodded, and was on his way to wherever. We both exited the car and headed out to the shopping center.

Hand in hand, we walked past a water fountain and just looked around. The scenery was everything. I was taking it all in and enjoying myself, but Yatta was focused on finding a store to drop a bag on me.

"Boy, I told you I don't want anything."

"I'm gon get it anyway. Neiman Marcus or Louis Vuitton?" He nodded over at the two stores.

"H&M" I laughed and he smacked his lips.

"Maaan."

"Alright, fine! LV me!" I spoke and he smiled.

"What I'm talking 'bout."

"Holy shit, dude. That's Yatta!" A white boy spoke, repeatedly smacking his friend's arm. He looked to be in his late teens or very early twenties.

"Woaaah bro! Can we get a pic with you?" The other boy asked.

I chuckled as I watched how hype they got. "I'll take it for y'all."

"Thanks!" He quickly handed me his phone and posted up next to my man. I took a couple pictures before one of them asked if I could join. I agreed, joining in the picture and standing on the other side of the boy. I did a quick pose and the other boy took the pictures for us.

"I just wanna say, I love your music bro." He put the camera down, shaking his head as he looked up at Yatta. "You never fail to get my hype."

"I appreciate that, blood." He dapped both of them up. "Y'all be safe out here."

"Thanks man!"

"Awww, I love how people love you." I spoke, cupping his face with my hands. I kissed his lips and he showed off a slight smile before wrapping his arm around my shoulder, continuing our walk.

After walking around a bit and purchasing a few items, my feet were beginning to hurt. Yatta called up his driver to let him know that we were through and he informed us that he was on his way. I had enough energy to walk back to the car, my baby offered and insisted on carrying me anyway. Once we got settled in the truck, we were on our way to Malibu.

________________________________

"Oooh baby, you didn't tell me it was a beach resort!" I looked out the window in awe at the view. I should have figured anyway, it is Malibu.

"My fault."  He started. "I know how much you love beach views, so I thought this shit was perfect."

"It is!" I cooed with a big smile on my face.

His driver parked, helping us unload the few bags from the trunk, check in, and take them up to our suite in Japanese-style, Nobu hotel.

"Oh yea, it's a vibe." I spoke as soon as I opened the door. I knew what the large curtain was for, and it was the first place I went to as soon as I dropped my bags.

"Ugh, this is beautiful." We had a perfect view of the shore, water, and other outdoor lounging areas.

"I was hoping you would like it." Yatta smiled.

"Good looking out, Ronny." He spoke to the driver, slipping him a couple bills before dapping him up.

"No worries. Y'all enjoy yourselves out here, and be safe."

"Thank you." I smiled and waved bye.

"'Preciate it, blood."

He headed out, leaving my husband and I to ourselves. As soon as Yatta turned around from locking the door, I jumped on him. He caught me as I wrapped my legs around his waist and my arms around his neck.

"Why you doing all this?" I asked, making direct eye contact with him.

"You deserve it. I ain't took you out like this in a minute, so it's only right if I remind you how much I appreciate you."

"Awwww, my baby." My smile widened.

"Speaking of it, we need to go on and get dressed." He set me down.

"I wanna get in the shower first."

"Can I join?" He eyed me and I nodded, causing his smile to widen.

________________________________

"How's this? I don't really know what to wear." I walked out of the bathroom and out to the room to show Yatta my outfit for the night. I watched as his eyes traveled my body, starting from the bottom up.

"Good Lord." He mumbled.

"You like?" I did a 360 for him.

"Nah, I love." He replied. "This shit is perfect for you."

"Really?" I asked, looking down at the mini dress. "I think I'm showing off too much skin."

"Nah, I don't mind. I really fuck wit the color too. You tryna match my fly?" He smirked. I looked up and finally realized that we had the same color on, although his button up top was a silky material. The pants he wore were black, as well as the Louis Vuitton, leather strap business shoes he wore.

"Maybe." I smirked as I eyed my man. "You so fine, baby." I leaned on him to give him a kiss. His soft lips met with mine as I held both side of his face as if he was a little kid. He held onto my waist and his hands slipped down to my butt. I quickly pulled away and he shook his head.

"Let me take your picture." I spoke, grabbing my phone off of the bed.

He did some light poses, before I told him to start flexing with the watch he just bought. I took some pictures of him from all different angles, hyping his head as I did so.

"That's my husband, baby fathaaa! My motherfuckin' man!" I started, recording a video. "Boy you got my insides doing flips and tricks with that fresh cut and all." I spoke of his haircut.

He shook his head, laughing at all the stupid shit that I was saying. "You a fuckin' fool, blood." He spoke. "Let me flick you up though, lil sexy."

"How do I look?" I asked as soon as he took the first picture.

"Like a beautiful ass tangerine. Do another pose."

"A what?" I busted out laughing, and of course he repeated himself. "Why is that the first thing you think of?"

He just shrugged and continued taking my pictures.

"I feel like you said that because of my baby bump. It's starting to get noticeable."

"What? Blood, not at all." He shook his head.

"I'm at that awkward stage too. People probably wonder if I'm pregnant or just bloated." I looked down at my stomach, becoming slightly self-conscious.

"Mamé, stop. You look amazing. Honestly, you're not showing at all, so I don't know what you're talking about." He spoke.

"I need to chill out." I shook my head at myself.

"Even if, that ain't nobody business but you and mine. Let a muhfucka look at you sideways, you know how I'm stepping 'bout you, baby."

I slightly chuckled and look down. "I know baby. I appreciate you, thank you."

He waved me off. "Ain't no thing. But let's get outta here, niggas hungry."

"You ain't gotta tell me twice." I spoke, grabbing my clutch purse.
_______________________________

"...my pops basically grew up as an only child. Him and Keezy's dad ain't live together, they had different mama's. I was told that she was very bitter, and never wanted her son around my grandmother." Yatta spoke over our dinner. "My grandfather respected her wishes so he was able to see his son; he would take him and my pops out together any chance he got. His mama really didn't like the idea of that though, and put so much shit into his head, he stopped fucking with my gramps and pops at an early age."

I shook my head. "That's terrible. I really hate that kind of shit. No matter what you go through with your former partner, all children should be left out of it. Immature ass people love using kids as some sort of tool to get what they want out of a broken relationship. That's just ugly."

"On God. My pops be putting me on hella shit she would do. She was toxic as hell. My grandfather had a daughter before my uncle and my dad, and she would always fill her head up with all kinds of bullshit about my grandpa. That's why he left her ass." He sipped some of his drink.

"Wait a minute, what? Your grandfather has a daughter?"

"Yea, had. She was years older than both boys, about 18. He had her young. She was a full blood Rican, born and raised. Got married to some dude in his mid 40's at 26, and a couple months into their marriage, she died."

"Awwww oh my God. I'm so sorry, baby." I pouted. "What happened to her?"

"She was sick, everyone claimed. My pops was about 9 at the time of her death, but since they didn't live together, he didn't know her too well. She spent most of her time in Puerto Rico, especially after getting married. One of my pop's older cousins said she had HIV, and she contracted it from that dirty ass husband of hers." He shook his head.

"I am siiiiick! Are you kidding me?" My jaw dropped.

"Wish I was. He knew he had it too. My pops uncle said once she found out she got it, she tried keeping it a secret since she was embarrassed."

"Awww, I couldn't even imagine what that woman was going through. Ugh, that's heartbreaking." I responded. "What was her name?"

"Kamella, she went by Kami. I wish I got to know her though. My grandpa has a couple pictures of her in his home, only one is hung up though. I don't think he likes being reminded of her death. She looks just like him though, all his kids do."

"I'm so sorry. I'm about to start crying, can we change the subject?" I spoke as I felt my eyes watering.

"Yeah, my fault." Yatta started. "What you wanna talk about, baby?"

"Anything."

"How you feeling about the new baby? Forreal. Sometimes, it's all I can think about." He asked, attentively eyeing me.

I sighed. "I'm excited, but I'm also a bit scared."

"Whatchu scared for?"

I took a deep breath. "The night of the day that I told you, I had the worst dream. We had a stillborn baby. I know it was a dream, but it felt so real. I would hate to go through all that, get super excited about having another baby and... that happens." I was trying not to get too emotional about it, but it was a struggle.
"I didn't tell you because I didn't want you to be worried, but yeah." I gave him a fake smile.

"We gon have a healthy baby, Mamé. I'm not even gon let that shit get to me, let alone think about it. I'm putting my trust in the man up above. I know he gon do what's best for us and this family." He made direct eye contact with me.
"You're right, babe." I blinked a couple times so that no tears fell out. "Our anniversary is coming up though!" I quickly changed the subject.

I watched as his smile grew wide. "Yeah, Im excited as shit. Year four." He grabbed my left hand from across the table, admiring the fat ass rock he gifted me with.

"I Can't wait for many more with you, baby." I smiled as I squeezed his hand.

"Yeah? Speaking of that..." He let go of my hand to reach into his pocket.

Yatta pulled out a small black ring box, placing it on my side of the table. I looked down at the box, before looking up at him.

"What's this?" I questioned.

"Open it." He moved his seat closer to mine, sliding the ring box closer as well.

I did as told and opened up the ring box, revealing an Emerald Cut Diamond Ring. I looked back up at him again to see the smile on his face.

"Baby, whats this for?"

"You like it?"

"I love it, it's beautiful." I looked down at it, watching as it slightly glistened.

"It's an Eternity Ring, symbolizing my never-ending love for you, baby. I was gonna wait to give it to you on our anniversary, but I just couldn't."

"Awwww, baby!" I cooed as I reached over for a hug. I tightly hugged him before pulling apart, watching as he picked the ring out of the ring box. First slipping off my ring and wedding band, Yatta slid on the Eternity ring, then put the wedding band and ring back onto my ring finger.

"Come here." I grabbed his face to give him some kisses. He pecked my lips a couple times before we pulled away again, admiring the rings on my finger. "You didn't have to, you really didn't."

"I wanted to. Like I said, you deserve so much and more, but this is just a start." He spoke and I cooed again.

"Baby got my finger hella icy." I stuck my tongue out and he laughed.

"Yardi knowww, I had to." He smirked.

"I love you, and thank you. Thank you for always making me feel so important." I spoke as I held onto both sides of his face, before leaning in to kiss his lips.

"That's 'cause you are. And I love you more, wifey."
______________________________

Kenyana and I headed back into our suite after dinner. I was slightly worn out from the day, so I was reading to get comfy in bed. He had mentioned something about the indoor jacuzzi that caught my attention, so we changed into swim wear before heading back to the lobby level. I was glad to find that there was no one in there, stepping straight into the water. I was almost immediately comforted by the warmth against my skin, relaxing my mind and body.

"I could really fall asleep in here." I spoke as I closed my eyes.

"Yeah, me too. I'm hella tired, no cap. What you wanna do tomorrow?"

"Hmm. What's to do out here? Only places I can think of are in LA, and that's about an hour drive."

"We could go anywhere, baby. I don't mind at all." He spoke.

"Okay." I grabbed my phone from my bag and began searching the web. "Definitely the beach..."

"Ight."

"Ooo baby, we should learn how to surf!" I excitedly suggested.

"Yeah, you're insane."

I laughed. "C'mon! It would be fun."

"What else is there to do?" He moved on and I continued to laugh.

"You're lame."

"Let me be. I'd rather be lame and fucking alive... shit. What else is on that list?" He asked and I busted out laughing.

"You're extra! Anyway...Ooo, there's a Wine Safari! I obviously won't drink, but I'm down to see some animals."

"Aw, she wanna go see her family members."

"Shut up!" I smacked his arm. "We could find a seafood place too, I want some shrimp stir-fry."

"That's a plot then."

"After that, we could go see a movie or something, just to wind down. Then, we could come back here and do the nasty all night. If we're in the mood, of course." I smirked and I smiled.

"Fasholy then, baby. I ain't gon lie, that balcony looks like a lot of fun." He wiggled his eyebrows at me. I shook my head, laughing at him.

"You're sick, but I'm all here for it."

"Yeah, I know."

"Honestly, I'm really tired. Let's go back up and take a shower, then you can rub my feet until I fall asleep." I prepared to get out of the jacuzzi.

"Yeah right, must've hit your head somewhere." He followed after me.

We dried off and headed back upstairs to our suite. I took a shower first, heading straight into the restroom and closing the door behind myself. Yatta went in after me, as I changed into my silky, black pajama robe.

I moisturized my face and body, slapped on my bonnet, then laid in bed waiting for my foot massage. Once Yatta was done changing, he went ahead and grabbed the cream off the dresser to begin rubbing my feet.

"Awww!"

"What?" He looked down at me.

"I didn't have to tell you again." I smiled. Yatta just shook his head with a smirk on his face.

"Yeah, yeah." He waved me off.

"I love you Kenyana, so much. The best man I could ask for."

"Yeah? I love you too, baby." He leaned into me for a kiss, before making his way down to kiss my stomach. My heart was warm.

"I'm forever grateful for you and our kids. Y'all make me a better man each and every day."

"Awww!!" I cooed again, holding back my tears. "I'ma just shut up and let you rub my feet, before I start crying!"

He chuckled as he shook his head. "I'll rub 'em till you fall asleep, so just relax."

I nodded, laying back as my husband began to work his magic on my feet. I didn't plan on falling asleep that quick, but once my eyes grew heavy and my body was relaxed, I drifted off into a deep slumber.
_______________________________

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

231K 10.9K 48
If these streets take me away, a real nigga I die. | COMPLETE - ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
158K 6.6K 50
Casha and Tatyanna. 2 Different Women 1 Thing In Common ❣Jr Carter❣ @WorldOfAlyssa @GoldenWriter01 PLEASE EXCUSE ANY ERRORS!
65.8K 708 79
Relatable Love Stories , True love isn't dead . you just gotta get it from the right person . maybe your love story is in this book πŸ’— read stories o...
1.3M 45.3K 38
"So let it go for me." 11/9/2021-11/17/2021