Demons | Guardians of the Gal...

By ReverseCanary

Demons | "I want to hide the truth, I want to shelter you, ... More

I) Cast
II) Playlist
III) Prologue: Demons
PART ONE: VOLUME. ONE
TWO
THREE
FOUR
FIVE
SIX
SEVEN
EIGHT
NINE
TEN
ELEVEN
TWELVE
THIRTEEN
FOURTEEN
FIFTEEN
SIXTEEN
SEVENTEEN
EIGHTEEN
NINETEEN
TWENTY
TWENTY ONE
TWENTY TWO
PART TWO: VOLUME. TWO
TWENTY THREE
TWENTY FOUR
TWENTY FIVE
TWENTY SIX
TWENTY SEVEN
TWENTY EIGHT
TWENTY NINE
THIRTY
THIRTY ONE
THIRTY TWO
THIRTY THREE
THIRTY FOUR
THIRTY FIVE
THIRTY SIX
THIRTY SEVEN
THIRTY EIGHT
EPILOGUE

ONE

3K 50 6
By ReverseCanary

CHAPTER ONE
"Pathetic"

LOCATION: XANDAR, CAPITAL OF THE NOVA EMPIRE

      BEING SOMEONE WHO'S FAVOURITE COMPANY WAS herself, well... herself and the Ice Demon's irritating opinions, Allison Frost wasn't fully comfortable in the position she was forced into. Her eyes warily scanned through the crowds surrounding her, her positioned being in the middle sat on top of a marble fountain. Her naturally cold body temperature chilled the water within it almost to the point of freezing as she waited patiently. However, the voice in her head was much more impatient then her.

Her curled orange hair dangled down her shoulders, swaying gently in the breeze with her light pink lips pressed in a straight line, rolling her eyes at the opinions being screamed at her.

Come on! Get in on the action! Let's start a fight! The darker side of the kind girl egged on, clearly itching to participate in a brawl.

Allison blew out a long, exaggerated and annoyed breath as she rested her elbows of her thighs, cheeks pressed into the palms of her hands as she watched her friend also scan the crowd.

"Xandarians... What a bunch of losers," Rocket Raccoon spat, the tablet within his grasp scanning specific civillians he focused on and giving him a list of information regarding the citizen.

He always has it right.

Allison sighed, shifting her face so that she leaned on her left hand. She extended her right, becoming mesmerised by the cool mist rolling off her fingertips and bounding over her pale hand. "Can't disagree with you there," she admitted quietly, lowering her hand and dropping her right arm across her thighs.

Her gaze shifted up to look at Rocket, or more so the tablet in her hands. He didn't pick up on her soft voice. "All of them in a big hurry to get from something stupid, to nothing at all," he proceeded to rant, never once looking back as he continued to scan the crowds.

"Pathetic," the ice demon muttered in agreement. Allison straightened her posture, standing whilst she folded her arms across her chest. She took a few steps forward, her boots clicking lightly against the polished pavement as she examined the crowd slowly.

Why did we have to go to Xandar of all places?

Allison's face scrunched up in confusion, one of her hands lifting to scratch her neck as she focused on the ground. "Uh... These citizens are rich perhaps?" she replied, clearly not trusting her own words. But it didn't hide her annoyance towards the lack of judgement.

Allison easily felt her body temperature drop dramatically due to this negative emotion, something that occurs when the opposite side of her is attempting to break through and be free. Allison had learn that her gift, as her mother liked to call it, could be fully triggered if she became overwhelmed by a negative emotion. No natter what it was, Frost fed off of the negativity. If she kept calm, it'd stay within, talking to only Allison and leaving those around her to be safe.

Allison didn't hate her abilities, she was still able to use them when the Ice Demon wasn't in full control, but she just didn't like it when the actual demon part of her had that control. She could never know exactly what Frost got up to when Allison wasn't there to restrict her cruel actions.

That had happened on more than one occasion...

Allison was afraid of that part of her and it made her restrict how much power she put into using her ice abilities, therefore, not giving Frost anything to feed off of.

"Look at this guy! Can you believe they call us criminals, when he's assaulting us with that haircut!" Rocket exclaimed suddenly, snapping Allison out of her thoughts. Her eyebrows furrowed together as she glanced down at the cybernetically enhanced raccoon, following his line of sight and spotting a white haired man that wad swooped awkwardly to one side. Allison cringed at the sight, her face screwing up in disgust.

Rocket continued, looking up with his lips lifted into a small smirk as he noticed Allison's reactions. He slapped the Ice Demon's leg, pointing ahead as he got Allison to look down at him. "What is that thing! Look how it thinks it's so cool! It's not cool to get help! Walk by yourself you little gargoyle," he exaggerated, his words earning a snicker from Allison. A young kid, definitely still a baby, waddled along the cement, one hand in its parent's to help stablize themself.

Gross being! Run Alli! Don't let it near us!

"Frost," Allison scolded quietly, looking to the side before back up at the crowds approaching.

Rocket paid no attention to his friend words, knowing sh was talking to her counterpart. "Look at Mr. Smiles over here!" Allison looked up again, squinting at the bright sun but saw a relatively old man talking to a woman that looked roughly her age. "Where's your wife, old man? What a class-A prevert." Rocket let out a loud laugh, lowering the device in his hands, glancing over his shoulder and nudging Allison's leg. "Right Allison? Right Groot? Groot?"

Right!

The Ice Demon simply nodded along, both sides of her agreeing with Rocket. She glanced back over her shoulder to where she last saw her other half of family, the walking, mutated tree called Groot. She instantly slammed a hand over her mouth to hide her laugh as she saw Groot shoving his face in the fountain water, clearly not ashamed of his actions. Even Frost laughed in her head.

"Groot, don't drink fountain water, that's disgusting," Allison tried to reason but found it hard to because she also was amused. It was at least some form of entertainment on the boring planet.

The mutated tree pulled back, shaking his head slightly as he gulped down a few more droplets slipping from his fingertips. He attempted to deny the claim, trying his hardest to look innocent.

None of the three bought it. "Yes, you did! We just saw you doing it! Why you lying?" Rocket snapped, but Allison couldn't help but laugh more. She hunched forward, wrapping her arms around her stomach as she laughed, ignoring Rocket's glare.

Before Groot could reply to the claim, the tablet let out a series of electronic beeps, snapping the groups attention back to the device. Allison tilted her head as she calmed down, bending down to get a better look at the screen, her pale hands resting on her black leggings.

The device flashed from red to blue and continued that pattern as Rocket held it up to give himself and Allison a better look. "Looks like we got one?" the Ice Demon asked, glancing at the animal.

Rocket nodded. "Ok, humie, how bad does someone want to find you?"

The tablet zoomed in on a man on top of one of the balconies, one that look like he was in a deep conversation with a woman, attempting to flirt obviously. Allison had to admit, he didn't look like he'd be someone with a bounty over his head.

Her questioning soon ceased however as Rocket's device got to work, locating information and facts about the man. A picture sat next to the information, twirling slowly and giving Allison a full look at his face before her eyes skimmed through the information that appeared.

Fugitive: Peter Quill
Wanted: Alive
Guarantor: Yondu Udonta
Bounty: 40,000 units

Allison's curiosty spiked and she glanced back at the man, named Peter Quill, watching him try and seduce a Xandar resident.

Oh, wow... That a lot of cash...

"Frost is right," Allison whispered as her eyebrows rose in shock. "That's a lot of cash." she proceeded to allow her eyes to snap between Rocket's tablet and the man with the bounty over his head, unable to comprehend how one man was worth that much.

"40,000 units? We're gonna be rich!" Rocket exclaimed happily, his fuzzy face lighting up with excitement.

As Allison straightened her posture again, never once taking her eyes off of Peter, a loud gurgling sound appeared. She snapped her head back to see Groot with his head in the fountain again. She smirked whereas Rocket let out a disappointed sigh and Frost groaned loudly in her head.

❄️❄️❄️

      PETER QUILL APPROACH THE SMALL STORE quickly with confident strides. The metal garage like doors opening as he stood in front of them. He stepped through and they slid shut behind him, slowly.

The room was quite small but the white, bare, walls only containing small boxes with different items. The green lights lit the place up perfectly.

"Mr Quill," the shop owner greeted.

"Broker," Peter responded, digging through to find the artifact he now claimed was his own. He spun it in his hands with ease before placing it on the bench between them. "The orb, as commissioned."

"Where's Yondu?"

"Wanted to be here, sends his love, and told me to tell you, that you have the best eyebrow in the business," Peter responded, slightly surprised at how quickly he was able to create a lie.

Broker scoffed at the outlaw's comment.

Peter looked down at the orb again, still unsure of what it was. "What is it?"

"It's my policy never to discuss my clients, or their needs."

"Yeah, well, I almost died getting it for you," Peter snapped back, remembering the trouble he went through to get a simple orb. An orb that he didn't even know what the purpose was.

"An occupational hazard, I'm sure, in your line of work," Broker replied with a calm tone.

"Some mechine-headed freak, working for a dude name Ronan-" at the sound of the name, Bonker's expression dropped.

"Ronan?" Broker repeated, his tone now nervous. "I'm sorry, Mr Quill, I truly am," he made his way around the bench, stepping in front of Peter and snatching the silver orb. He shoved the orb back to Peter and began trying to move the scavenger towards the exit. . "But I want no part of this transaction if Ronan is involved-"

"Whoa whoa whoa! Who's Ronan?" Peter questioned the owner, never having heard of the name before. They paused in the middle.

"A kree fanatic, outraged by the peace treaty who will not rest until Xandarian culture, my culture is wiped from existence!"

"Whoa, whoa! Come on."

"He's someone who's bad side I'd rather not be on-"

"What? What about my bad side-"

"Farewell, Mr Quill!" Broker dismissed, shoving the outlaw out the doors, the metal ones sliding shut again and refusing to let Peter enter.

"Hey! We had a deal, bro!" Peter yelled from outside of the shop.

Hearing no response, he glanced down at the orb, spinning it. The reaction Broker just gave him, his curiosity towards the object increased.

Looking to his right, Quill caught sight of a beautiful green skinned woman, her stance being leaning against the sidenof the shop. A small snack sat in her hands and she ate it as she watched him with dark eyes.

"What happened?" she asked, noticing how annoyed Peter looked.

Peter took a moment to look the woman up and down as she ate her snack again. "Ah, this guy just back out of a deal on me, if there's one thing I hate, it's a man without integrity," he tried to explain to the stranger. "Peter Quill. People call me Star-Lord."

The green skinned woman turned, propping her elbow up on the clean wall, leaning on it now. "You have the bearing of a man of honor."

"Well, you know, I wouldn't say that," Peter said in a nonchalant tone as he juggled the orb in his hand. "People say that about me, all the time, but it's not something I would ever say about myself-"

Suddenly, the green skinned woman threw her leg up, aiming it so it would hit him in his private parts. He grunted, going to cover it but in result, he dropped the orb and the woman took it.

~~~~
A/N:
If there are any questions about Frost, please comment them below and I'll try my best to answer for you
Proofreading this, I can tell it can become confusing and even irritating, I'll try and keep Frost's comments to a minimum

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

561 17 8
River Quill and her brother Peter travelled the galaxy stealing things for money. Until one day they get caught with some new friends. One of them in...
44.1K 951 18
LODESTAR | ❝ It seems as if you're always there to guide me. ❞ GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY
6.6K 176 24
"but it's more complicated than that." • { disclaimer : I do not own the marvel franchise, the characters, movie/comic/novel plot lines, or rights to...
15.3K 343 14
It has been a few months since Ronan's defeat, everything was going good for the guardians. Until Iris's furry boyfriend Rocket, stole the Sovereign'...