The God and The Youth [Identi...

By re_frAIne

Never again would the Sun God believe he would fall, but he did. Time will only tell if he will be taken away... More

Lonely travels of a Sun God
Routine
Hyacinth's Morning
Apollo's Night
Two Fates and One untold
Revealed but unsaid
Music for a sleepless soul
My eyes, your eyes
Your Haven, My Haven
Vulnerability of the Heart
Scene One
Scene Two
Scene three
Act 2
Small Truths
Nightmares
If only
Confront
Lucky Lucky!
Happy Birthday (Unedited)
Bargaining (Unedited)
Breakthrough (Unedited)

Act 3

466 26 15
By re_frAIne

Itwas a... normal day for one Chloe Nair, but really it wasn't. 3 days had passed since Joseph left, and he hadn't returned yet. It would've been fine if he left a letter, but he didn't. She couldn't tell if she was worried or annoyed at his possible antics. Did that goof ball really leave her thinking she was upset because of that day?

Still, he's a strong man. She doubts anything would stump Joseph given the chance to. After all, he's crafty.

So she went about those days spending time with Vera. It was still unclear if her sister had to leave or not. While she was here though, Vera wouldn't leave her alone, not a chance, not when they've been seperated for too long. The meeting from before, even if ample time has passed, Vera's words stuck heavily in Chloe's mind and heart.

"If you want a relationship to work, you need trust, never hide secrets. Talk about it, don't hide it."

After learning of Chloe's evident omission of truths to Joseph. Vera was without a doubt mad, but if anything disappointed. "Tell him the truth when he gets back." Vera said sternly. "I-I can't! I mean I know I should but—" Chloe looked askanced as she said.

"I don't want to loose him."

Vera gave a tiny smile as she clasped both of her hands together.

"If he loves you, he won't hate you for it."

Chloes sighs with every step she takes. As of now, she was on her way to meet up with Vera again, but she doubts Vera would be awake so early in the morning. Despite her bubbly disposition, she was pretty cranky in the morning. So she took laps around the place she deemed only a house. She couldn't consider it a home when her home was somewhere, exploring the lands without leaving a note—

"W-woah!"

Chloe collides with a young girl carrying an array of beautiful purple flowers. The flowers' petals burst as they land on the floor, a beautiful mess. "S-sorry! I-I wasn't looking." Chloe Stuttered, kneeling down to pick up the fallen flowers. "N-No Miss! Please don't do that! T-that's m-my job." The young girl frantically gathered the flowers in her tiny hands. This Girl looked no younger than eight, what is she doing here?

"Tell me little miss, why are you here?" Chloe asked as the young girl jittered at her place. Her short hair fluttered while she looked up at her. "I'm!.. here to deliver flowers.." her voice steadily faltered the longer she stared at Chloe. Adorable! Chloe's mind gushed at the sight of the young girl.   

"Hm? What for." She smiled. The young girl looked down at her feet mumbling, "For the engagement? Is that the right word?" Hearing that made Chloe's mind buffer. Engagement? The engagement? 

"I heard it was for the King's daughter, I don't know her face, but her color is purple." The young girl fumbled with the petals, not knowing the shock the maiden was going through. "Helena!" Another young girl came around the corner. The girl had curly untamed hair, her skin as dark as her beautiful brown eyes, she too carried flowers. "P-patricia!" The young girl or 'Helena' gaped out. "Come on! We have more to deliver." Patricia pouted, she looked at the silently watching maiden saying, "Excuse us Miss!"

The two girls soon fled with their flower boquets in hand. The moment the maiden was left alone, she burst off running.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH

A strange scene really, a girl in white, screaming like she's in hysterics as she ran through the halls.

And even stranger experience for Vera who just got out of her room to she her sister screaming like a banshee, and she's coming full blast towards her.

"Chlo?!" Vera asked with the same energy as the other's screaming. Chloe stood in front of her, face to face. She calmly grabbed Vera's shoulders, before yanking it violently, "YOU DIDN'T TELL ME YOU'RE ENGAGED NOW!! PLEASE TELL ME IT'S NOT JOSE."

"It-it's n-not j-jose—" The intervals of her voice changed with every swing, but then the words sunk in. "E-ENGAGED??" Vera's face looked like a crazed lunatic, but right now that is justified. "Wait, you don't know??" Chloe was in disbelief at this point. Vera, red in the face and absolutely confused, spouted "dO I LoOk LiKe I kNow?? W-we gotta go! T-to father! Quick!"

And without skipping a beat, Vera pulled Chloe along with her, Marathoning their way to their Father. Chloe had trouble keeping up, after all she had already used her adrenaline to run up to her sister and now she needs a new boost to go to their father. She felt her feet start to pound with pulsing heat but she didn't give it another thought. She put all her attention of the breathy mumblings of her troubled sister.

"P-please teh-tell me it's him."

"Fa-father plea-please don't cho-choose j-jose."

"Ple-please, ma-make it him!"

Their foot steps resounded harsher as they got closer. When they open their doors to meet with their father, they were met with surprise. Their Cold, impatient and tired father was up from his throne, practically frolicking around the people as he ordered them to place purple flowers around the halls. A big smile replaced his heavily plastered frown. A glint of carefree-ness appeared in his empty eyes and Energy seemed to seep off of them.

This is not the father they usually dealt with. This was their father in the buried past, when their mother used to still breathe. He died with her then,

And yet here was he again. Like a ghost from the past. They were left gasping and speechless where they stood, until their father saw them. "There they are! My sweet little girls!" Their giddy king embraced them with a hint of warmth. Vera nervously chuckled as she pats her father's back. She looks at Chloe with confused eyes. Chloe however, didn't know what to think. In the years after her mother's passing, this was the first time her father had ever shown a sliver of affection towards her. She didn't know how to cope, so she stayed silent.

"How are you my dears? Chloe? Vera?" He asks with fervor as he beckoned them to sit at a near by table. "I'm fine father—" Vera said somewhat nervously, glancing at Chloe who remains silent through the whole exchange. "Fine?! That simply cannot be!" He erupts, startling the servants that scurry around carrying purple boquets to display.

"It needs to be the best! Today is a very special day for you my dear!" The king, huffs out. He suddenly snaps back with a smile saying "after all, it's your engagement with Kevin Ayuso!"

It took a moment, all it took was a single moment for the tension to disappear. "W-wHat!?" Vera screamed out, disbelief danced inside her eyes. However, there was no doubt she was hoping that what she heard was true. Her eyes sparked a small light of hope. Her fingertips twitched in delayed anticipation. Her lips quivered ever so slightly.

"You heard me right my dear." The king, no, their father smiled as he stood up. "I've decided to approve of your marriage, it's what margaretha would have wanted." Vera broke into sobs as she crashed into her father's arms. Hugging her father so tightly the happy man became even more happier with each second. "Thank you papaaa—" she sniffles through tears, her heart cried with happiness knowing her love won't be shunned but finally acknowledged.

As the warm scene played out, the servants cooed in unison, but Chloe couldn't differ more. Thousands of thoughts ran through her mind. Thoughts that came so fast that it left no room for her to think about it further.

Vera is so lucky to finally be free,

Can I be like that too?

Vera is gonna have a future with the man she loves,

Can I do that with Joseph too?

If the king allowed Vera to marry who she wants,

Would he allow me too?

If Vera is engaged now,

Does that mean I have to confess the truth?

"U-um father.?" The king turned to face his other daughter. His happy face suddenly reverted to a nuetral face at an astaggering pace that it made it even more daring to speak. "What is it you want my sweet little one?" The words spoken would've have been sweet if the face that spoke it matched it. The king only held a stiff face with eyes that seemed to reflect pity.

Chloe gulped, cold sweat and anxiousness bathed her then, still she pulled through. With daring ryes she uttered

"When will it be my turn."

Vera's eyes widened at this, she quickly looked between Chloe and their father. The king remained silent, as if thinking about it, but even Vera knew he already had an answer, this was merely to save face. She couldn't tell if this was their father or a new monster.

"I'm afraid it will be a long time before that happens my dear." He said somewhat coldly, "Can you please think of another time to bring this up? It's your sister's day sweet one! Don't be selfish." The king looks out and he said with absolute certainty, "This engagement has already been announced to the entire kingdom. Everyone of everything rejoices at the news, no need to change that." He sighs and faces Vera with happy eyes. He suddenly reverted back to the peppy man from before. "Come on my dear! Time to discuss the arrangements before you see your groom!"

Chloe didn't know what started it. Maybe it was at that moment. Maybe it was a collection of moments. Maybe it was the seed of rebbelion that was planted the day she started leaving the castle. Maybe today was the oppurtune time it decided to show it's fruits.

The flower finally blossomed and glowed red with anger.

"Why?! Why are you so unfair Father!" Chloe bellows as she points an accusing finger at the man that was suppose to be her father, and yet acts like she was merely fostered. "Chloe.." Vera whispered, wanting to reach out but blocked by the very man who raised them.

"Why do you call me selfish?! What did I do to make you think that huh?!" The servants in the room looked dumbfounded as they watched the scene. The king's brow furrowed as he commanded them "Leave."

"Why?! Why is Vera always the one who is free?!From the start of my birth I've done nothing but appease you and your strange requests! From being as silent as a lamb to being locked up since childhood!" Tears sprouted from her eyes, but they weren't from anger. "You! You are no father of mine! You who hid me from the world who treated me like a ghost, what did I do to deserve this fate?!"

Chloe trembled in anger and sadness. With each passing second, she felt her body start to shut itself down. She felt tired, her body heavy with heat from her anger. Her mind ran in restlessness. Every question she wanted asked was being thrown out at that moment, but even then she knew none of them would be answered.

With a hoarsed voice she asks one more question. "If you truly love me so, why can't you give me that life too?"

A loud thump vibrated through the halls as the king slammed his fist to the table beside him. Startling some of the people near and far from the vicinity. "Go to your room, and stay there." His voice dripped with subtle anger. Some would have cowered, but Chloe defied him again. "No! I'm no longer a child you can order around!" The king however only waved his hand to signal the guards. "Take her out of here." The men that saw the whole thing looked at her with pity, but still they were forced to drag her away.

They held her by her shoulders and tried their best to take her out, but she struggled and struggled as she attempts to break free. "You can't do this to me!" She screams again, that man finally looked at her in the eyes. Chloe abruptly freezes as she saw the emotion in his eyes.

.. sadness?

"Know this." He said, facing her fully. "You may not see me as a Father, but I am doing this for you." That was the last she heard before the door closed. Creating a wall between her and the family she has left.

"I'm sorry princess." One of the guard spoke. "As much as we hate it, we need to take you back to—" "I can go by myself." Chloe spat, feeling guilty as she saw the shock in their eyes.

Still, she left without a word. She walked away, but slowly, her feet started to run. Her mind blanked out as she did, but when she came to be, she found herself at her Mother's tree.

Chloe took time as she walked to the old tree. She removed her sandals, feeling the earth beneath her feet. The thick roots felt the same, the bark seemed to be flakinh off. She looks further out to see the same red flowers that grew here, they were wilting. She looked up at the leaves, some alive, some withered, some branches had no leaves at all, but overall concluded into one thing.

Something was ending, and it's taking Mother with it.

Mother was dying again, Chloe thought. Like before she sunk into it's trunk, not minding the dried crushed up leaves that would no doubt stain her white garments. "Why must you go again mother? Why now when I am troubled?" Her eyes close, feeling instead of seeing.

"Mama, why did you and papa hide me? Was I suppose to be born?"

The wind blew, the leaves rustled, but no leaf fell upon the earth.

"Then why do this to me? Is all this really for me?"

Again the wind blew, calmer it was. This time did leaves did fall.

"I don't understand you."

Time was fickle when you had fun or slept. Time only seemed to move quick when she was with Joseph, and seemed to move slower and slower when she was alone. However, time seemed to skip this moment a bit too fast.

When she opened her eyes and awakened from her slumber. The sun was near setting. "Huh" Chloe looks around to see.. well.. the same thing as she normally sees. Nothing looked too different, but the feeling is.

The look wasn't different but the feel was, it felt somewhat sinister. As if her life was being being threatened by each second that passed. It left her feeling uneasy.

So she quietly stood up from the tree, uncaring of the stains that were left from it and quickly took off. She didn't bother taking her sandals with her. There was no one there to see anyway. When she reached a corner, only a few feet away from her room, she slowed down to catch her breath. The sunlight was still there. The golden glow ofthe rays reflected upon her room, but instead of leaving a warm feeling it only made the fear in her grow.

A shadow appeared from right behind her. A silhouette she doesn't recognized leaves her frozen in place. She screamed the moment two arms wrapped itself around her.

"W-woah! Vera! Calm down M'lady."

Chloe stopped screaming and turned to face her 'assailant.'  She cane face to face with a fairly tall man that looked a few years older than her, maybe it was because of the beard. His skin was similar to the color of teak. His eyes with pretty big with walnut brown hues. His hair, oh his hair was a mess, some of it seemed to be braided but honestly it looked like a flattened broom. Looked soft tho.

"What's wrong M'lady? Di'hurt you??" He twirls Chloe around checking for any injuries. "N-no!" Chloe gently pushes him away, "I'm sorry but, I'm not the Vera you're looking for." The strange young man looked confused, "huh? Oh wait! I know who'ya are!" He grins as he said, "you're chloe aren'cha! Bears told me a lot about ya!" "Sh-she has?" Chloe asked, flattered knowing her sister hasn't forgotten about her but.. "that's nice! But umm.. who are you sir?"

The face the strange man made was both comical and sad to see. "EEHH? She hasn't told ya bout me??" He sags and whines like a child, but he immediately shoots up. He puffs his chest out proclaiming, "No matter! I am Kevin Ayuso! I uh.. I'm the Prince Jose's Brother."

Wait what

"Brother?" This made Chloe curious, as far as she knows, Prince Jose has no other siblings, so who's he? "Well, technically, I'm adopted." Kevin smiles softly, "I'm originally his Cousin, but after the war I—" Chloe pats his shoulders making Kevin smile even more, "ya know, Vera really loves ya, good to know all the things she says is true."

Guilt. A pang in her heart silently continues to beat out of her chest. "I hope ya don't hate 'er" Kevin said, facing Chloe with sincere eyes. "I don't know how complicated tha'situation is but, I do know you're not getting what ya deserve. I hope that even if it's unfair—"

"Ya won't hate Vera for it."

A click resounded in the quiet room. A second pass and Chloe falls to her knees in tears. The heavy weight of her feelings finally bend and break. All of the anger, sadness, insecurities and envy she's felt bubbled to the surface.

Did Mama and Papa shun me because Vera was better than me?

I just yelled at papa, I'm a bad daughter.

If I did better then, would they have let me free?

I'm not talented, I could be better.

If I was more social like Vera, would I be a better person?

People wouldn't forget me if I did.

If I was more like Vera, would I be happier?

If—

A sudden thought derails the self deprecating train of thoughts. Joseph. Chloe's tears suddenly came into a halt when she glances at the white flower that Joseph came. She clambers her way to reach it.

She trips, she stumbles, but she reaches it. Some of the sun's golden rays dance upon the flower's delicate petals. It looked beautiful, just like how Joseph looked like the moment she decided to meet up with him then. A smile graced Vera's face, but still she cries. She took the flower in her arms, cradling it by her chest and continued to weep.

"I-I c-can-can't di-disappoint, h-him t-too—" her words become almost incoherent. The sun's rays enveloped her, she felt warmth enter her body, expelling the cold that grew in her heart.

But

The rays suddenly disappeared. The sun has finally set, the world around her rapidly grew darker.

There was a spark of light,
That robbed her of her sight.
Hands so familiar,
Made her neck start to wither.

"I didn't think you'd do this to me Vera." A voice in the dark whispers. "J-joseph—" Chloe chokes out, something seemed to be suffocating her from the inside. "P-please li-listen to me!" She pleads, from the crevices of his fingers she gazes at the white flower by her chest. It glows in vivid gold. "Listen to you what! Listen to how you lied to me?!" Joseph yells, the anger in his voice prominent.

"You, you played me like a fool! You're engage to some man from another kingdom—" "tha-that's not me!" Chloe cried out, pulling away the strong grip over her eyes. Each word that escaped her mouth felt like it was going through sand paper. Painful, like a burning sensation. "The only lie I've ever told you was that I was Vera! I-I'm not! I'm Chloe. I'll e-explain just please listen—"

"excuses!" Joseph interrupts, he leans in saying "I don't want to hear it. Not when I see you mingling with that man." The hands that blocked her sight fell from her eyes and she sees a pair of golden eyes. She feels the tears the fell from it land by her lap. The anger from him had gone away and only sorrow remained. "Joseph?" Chloe utters, but the hand from before covered her eyes once again.

"I shouldn't have met you."

A flower once so bright,
Has turned into charcoal black.
A life was snuffed out tonight.
It's soul can never be brought back.

A man watches from a distance as his son quietly weeps at his actions. Finally does his act sink in and regret makes an appearance. "This will serve as a lesson for him." Zeus smiles to himself. Beside him was a frozen king, whose tears ran rivers from his face. "Not a word will be said of this mortal." He faces the tearful king, "try to speak of the truth and your life will be questioned."

"Thank you for letting me borrow your life."

In the following days, the kingdom mourned for the lost of two precious people. The king and it's princess perished in one night. The king's last breath was spent on writing a note to his living daugther of the tragedy that had taken place and why Chloe had to live the way she did. From the start of her birth, a prophecy was foretold.

The second born of the king shall die by the hands of a God.

Because of this did they hide her away. Despite their efforts, the tragedy still occured, "The god of the sun was loved by her, please bear to him no hate he too was a pawn in the God's game."

"The god of the sun fleed in tears, he himself is drowning in regret I beg you, do not hate him."

"Do not let this be known."

"Vera, you know what to do."

There was once a kingdom who prospered with riches in gold, during a joyous kingdom did their time end. The people cried for their loss. The kingdom was brought into darkness. Soon, a new regent rose bearing the name 'Chloe Nair' who bore a striking resemblance to the late princess. She in turn married the betrothed and brought the darkened kingdom back into it's former glory.

Scene 3 Act 3
End?

rAIne notes!
Hiyesss finallyyy after a long while I finish it. Still a bit too short but I tried, and this settles the Coronis arc! And for those who still don't know yes this is Joseph's memories but once we go back, the others think Vera really died. This is really Joseph's flash back but in play form.

Sana d kayo nagsawa lol, 5 chaps na puro ganto, babalik na ako kay Aesop anuba!

Btw, don't be scared to message me, I'm awkward but I don't mind company. And if you're confused don't hesitate to bombard.

Byeeeo

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

30K 1K 12
They broke the rule and lied. Aesop Carl the Embalmer was having a hard time with his forbidden love. He planned to forget his feeling and decline th...
13.5K 395 26
Will Clarice's lambs ever stop screaming? *DISCLAIMER: Some parts have strong sexual content and are triggering/graphic!!! (18+, MINORS DNI) ‼️This...
22.5K 971 24
JosCarl ABO AU Where Joseph is a rich nobleman trying to find his muse, and Aesop's a simple commoner trying to get by. or Oletus village, an omega v...