Broken (SasuNaru / NaruSasu)

By The_one_with_no_name

Status: Completed They met when they were seven. It was a fated meeting. Friendship grew to attraction and a... More

Announcement!
Prologue
1. Konoha High School
2. Spark
3. Knight in Shining Armor
4. Döppleganger
5. Mixed Signals
6. The Culprit
7. The Breaking Point
8. The Kindest Heart
9. Heartbeats
10. Love, Jealousy and Deception
11. The Unspeakable
Small Announcement
12. A Healing Journey Begins
13. Remorse, Redemption and Reconciliation
14. Reunion
15. Dates
16. Love Is An Explosion
Book Cover
Covid-19 Outbreak
17. Home
18. Be My Valentine
19. Namikaze Sora
20. "Papa" vs "Fuck"
21. Withering Dreams
22. Hope
23. Trouble In Paradise
24. Loneliness
25. Help
26. Family Matters
27. Misfits
29. Jealousy
30. Unbreakable Bond
31. Invisible Pain
32. Giving Him Up
33. Girlfriends and Best Friends
34. The Pendant.
35. The Third Wheel
36. The Secret
37. Longing
38. Selflessness
39. The Future
40. The Ramen That Changed Everything
41. Unexpected Turn
42. Miracles
Wattpad Rant
43. Parenting 101
44. Torture
45. Inseparable
46. The Five Stages of Grief
47. Love and Loss
48. Together Forever
Thanks
10K Special Announcement

28. Broken Heart, Broken Mind

1.1K 44 22
By The_one_with_no_name

Sasuke was sleeping. In his dream, he saw the blonde. His tanned ripped body, his unruly hair played by the wind, his charming blue eyes, his beautiful smile stretching those cute birthmarks on his cheeks.

Every time, he woke up just before their lips touched. It was midnight, he stared at the ceiling of his room. "Why do I keep dreaming of him of all people?" He sighed.

He was falling asleep when he heard movement, whoever was outside was not trying to be quiet. He tried to ignore it but the slamming of cabinets and drawers did not give him the chance to. He got out of bed.

He had moved from wheelchair to crutches. He's been forcing himself and making maximum effort to get better as soon as possible.

"I should have known it was you"

"Not now, Sasuke" he carried the tray and walked upstairs in a hurry.

Naruto woke up to the sound of Sora coughing that night. He had called the emergency line and they told him as long as his fever doesn't get too high, he didn't need to bring him. Symptoms were of a normal cold.

But the dad was worried, he had always been careful. This was the second time Sora ever gets sick and he was overly worried.
"I'm going to take care of you okay?"
Sora looked at his dad with pleading eyes, his nose a bit runny. He didn't like this feeling at all.

Naruto stayed up all night looking after his baby.
Sora slept peacefully after his fever was down. Even though he coughed at night, it didn't wake him up.

He woke up to breakfast in bed. His dad fed him, gave him meds. He didn't mind them they tasted sweet.
A kiss on the forehead "it's down" Naruto small smiled "that was quite a scare, we'll have to go see the doctor today"

He got him dressed and got ready. The kitchen was an absolute mess from his ravaging yesterday. He didn't care, his child was priority number one.

Sasuke was in the kitchen making coffee. He saw him, Sora unusually quiet in his arms so he thought the kid was asleep.
"Kitsune" Naruto made a hand movement and she stood up. He put on her vest for her and leash. Another move and she laid down, the next got her to sit and the last he shook her paw. "Off we go then" he left.

Two hours later he saw them walking in together again.
Just like the first time. Two hand signs got her reaction and he removed the vest. He got her food and she looked at him until he gave her permission to eat. She was, unlike Kiba's mutt, well trained. Not only that but she was a medical alert dog, he wondered why Naruto needed her. He'd never seen the teen distressed or in need of medical help.

Naruto turned around and saw the kitchen was still a mess. On top of what he had caused, there were dirty dishes all over.
"Where's Karin?" He asked, she normally helped around the house.

"She said she had some errands to run" Sasuke replied. Naruto walked to the playing area he had for Sora and put him down. The baby still had energy and played like normal, the doctor said that was a good sign.

He smiled and kissed his forehead. Then Naruto was dealing with the mess. He finished organizing the cabinets then moved to cleaning the dishes.

His dog barked, he felt it coming too and ever so gently slid against the counter before he passed out.
Sasuke heard the dog walking around and turned to see her heading to the kitchen.
"Naruto?" He called but he got no response. "Usuratonkachi?" He got up and walked to the kitchen.

It took him a minute or two to get there. He found him drinking some water whilst sitting on the floor.
"You okay?"

"I'm fine" Naruto said despite having his hands visibly shake.

"If you're sick you should tell me, Usuratonkachi" Naruto's face lit up when he heard that nickname said in that loving manner.

"I'm not. Sora is, I stayed up looking after him."

"Sora got sick?" Sasuke looked back at the kid. He connected why Naruto was in a frenzy yesterday. "Naruto, why don't you go lay down. I'll get you something to eat"

"It's okay Sasuke, I'll have some cereal. No need to trouble yourself" he stood up slowly, still the dizziness getting the best of him.
Sasuke watched him. When Naruto ate two bites and Sasuke was satisfied he was okay he walked back to the living room.

Sasuke had studying to do and it was hurting his brain how much work he had to do.
Naruto got him a cup of tea before he went to his son checking on him then to his work.

"Usuratonkachi, what do you teach?"

"Philosophy and art"

"Those are very broad subjects"

"Ha...then more specifically, I teach art conserving techniques and an introduction to Philosophy" he sipped from his tea and resumed his work.

"So Master art students and philosophy that would be first year students" he concluded as he eyed the painting Naruto was working on.

"I teach painting to first year students. I love that class" Naruto smiled and focused on his painting.

"Can I join?"

"Sure, just don't expect an easy A. I'm very strict"

'yeah right, you're the nicest from what I've heard.' Sasuke huffed in his head.

"So is that yours?" Sasuke came closer looking at the details of it. It was incredible.

"Yeah..." He smiled as he noticed the look on Sasuke's face. Then his eyes travelled to the other pieces.

"Why does it feel like I'm looking at a younger me?"

"Because that is you. I made that three weeks after your accident"

"Creep" he mumbled loud enough to be heard but his body and face were displaying excitement and happiness. "So the first one is finished right?"

"Yeah...just making some final touches here and there. Bringing out definition, any other details that might have been glossed over"

"How do you come up with ideas?" Sasuke asked.

"Ah..." He sat down, removed his glasses and put the tip in his mouth thinking "It's whatever I feel. Initially I started drawing after my father passed away. It helped me deal with my depression."

"I see" he looked back at the paintings. "Have you ever had an exhibit?" Sasuke had to admit to himself, Naruto sure was talented.

"Five so far here in Konoha. I don't go to the ones abroad. Well I don't...go to the ones here in Konoha either...not really"

"Why not?"

"I like that no one knows it's me. Shouldn't you be studying?" He raised an eyebrow.

"My mind is blocked. Too much research"

"I can help you out"

"Well I am curious....how did you get your PhD in one year?" He switched the subject again.

"Right...well thing is, once I'm interested in something I kind of get obsessed. I read everything I can, search for more....once I get in that zone I can't really stop it until I satiate my brain's needs. For painting I had done that a long time ago. So university was boring, 'ttebayo?"

"So you can remember anything you read?"

"Ha...one way to put it"

"You got some neurological disease don't you?"

"They tried...." Naruto chuckled "they ended up with saying it could be some rare form of Savant Syndrome...either ways I don't care"

"So....school why did you graduate at sixteen?"

"I had a gap year after my father's death. Would have graduated at thirteen. To be honest, could have graduated at nine. But I wanted to be a kid." Naruto smiled "you know I know you are trying to procrastinate" he pointed out.

"Like I said my mind is blocked"

"And I said I'll help you" he smiled at his lover.

'Kami, I can't breathe when he smiles' Sasuke bit his lip. It physically hurt him to keep his emotions for Naruto hidden out.

🍥🦆🍥🦆🍥

Naruto joggled around between keeping an eye on his enfant and helping Sasuke with his homework. When Karin was finally home he had asked her to keep an eye on Sora and call him if anything were to happen.

She gave him meds on time, kept checking if the fever sparks up by any chance but he was doing better.
Naruto sat down in front of his laptop. Whenever Sasuke had a question, Naruto knew the answer.

The Uchiha went for dinner around 10 pm. When he came back inside he found him sleeping. His cheeks red, that same peaceful bliss look on his face.

"You're hogging my bed, Usuratonkachi." He sighed as all he got was a soft moan in response. He noticed the boy was flushed, he gently placed his hand on the blonde's forehead: it was a light hotness he assumed caused by spending so much time in front of the laptop.

He moved the laptop and saw that Naruto actually finished the report. He was happy he got help.

But he had more to do. He finished reading the report he and Naruto had been working on then he moved to his other homework.

Sasuke was too tired two hours later. His eyes half closed not checking on the state of his friend. He left the room and spent the night on the couch.

He had that dream again. On the beach with Naruto, only this time their lips actually touched. He wasn't so deep in sleep.
He heard quick running steps and then followed by wretching.

He opened his eyes when the noise continued. He assumed one of the guys got home drunk. They all went to some party. but then he saw light to his bedroom on.
"Naruto?" He got up and didn't find him in bed. "Usuratonkachi, you want me to call in Karin to check on you?"

"Ha...." he heard the sound of the flush, the faucet and then the door opened.

"You look like shit"

"I feel like shit," the blonde added. He felt bad that morning but thought it was just the tiredness.

"I'll get Karin" he walked away in crutches as fast as he could.

Naruto sat down and measured his heartbeats while he was waiting. Karin ran down the stairs as soon as the words left Sasuke's mouth.
"Heart rate?" She asked.

"A 100" he stated "I think I got a cold from Sora-chan" he voiced his opinion, breathing a bit heavy. His cheeks red on the verge of exploding.

"You threw up, he said you threw up" Karin got to the bathroom and got the thermometer putting it in his ear, seeing as his fever wasn't abnormally high, she laid him down and checked for the signs of heart failure.

"Karin, it's just a cold" he repeated. It seemed he was right.

"Should I call 119?" Sasuke asked after he just reached them. He hated that he was still so slow.

"He's got a cold, apparently" Karin sighed and helped Naruto up.

"You're not gonna die because of a lame cold, ha Usuratonkachi?" He huffed, cursing himself for worrying over nothing.

"Of course not," Naruto forced a smile his way as he went away to his bedroom with Karin.

The nurse took care of his every need all night long. In the morning she checked his fever yet again, it had been constant not dropping not even by a single half degree.
"Naruto, we'll go see your doctor just as a precaution."

"Okay" he replied softly, "can you call Yukata-san to look after Sora for today?"

She nodded and got his clothes helping him get dressed warmly since it was January and it still snowed heavily.
While she went over to get ready, he got up from bed and started his slow climb downstairs.

His hands holding the railing weakly, his legs partly disobeying his orders.
Sasuke was having breakfast in the living room when his eye caught Naruto from the corner.
"You feeling better, Usuratonkachi?" He asked.

He saw the dog go to the kitchen when he said something and finally return with a bottle of water. Sasuke eyed the blond as he just sat halfway downstairs leaving his first question unanswered.
"You got a weak immunity system or something?" Sasuke walked to the bottom of the stairs to get a better look.

"Something like that. I'm going to the doctor, Karin is taking me" the sickness was evident in his voice. Naruto naturally had a raspy voice but now it was too croaky and almost cracking.

"I'll watch over little Usuratonkachi, you don't have to worry about him."

Naruto looked at him in disbelief but all the raven teen could see was sickness. "Really?"

"Hm, Usuratonkachi" he looked away, he didn't know why he was blushing.

"Thanks, Teme" Naruto got up and walked downstairs standing in front of him. Sasuke cleared his throat and was about to walk away when he felt hands on his.

"Sa....su.....ke..." He looked at his lover with tired eyes, slightly hallucinating from the fever that sparked up "I love you".

Those three words he meant from the bottom of his heart. The way he looked at him and the intonation used suggested he said it in a more than a friendly way.
"What did you say?" He almost pushed Naruto away if it weren't for the words that followed.

"Tou-san" he mumbled. This made Sasuke dismiss it all, it was making him feel uncomfortable.

"Naruto?" He laid his hand on his feverish head, the worst part was Naruto not sweating. He didn't hesitate for a second, calling the emergency line as he helped sit him down on the last stair worried he'd collapse. "Karin, get your useless ass down!"

At the end of that stressful situation he saw them leave together in the ambulance. He was worried, he had never felt like that for anyone apart from his brothers. Why was his heart beating so fast? Why did he want to tell him he loved him back? Why did he want to kiss him? Why was he so infatuated with him?

🍥🍙🍥🍙🍥

Naruto didn't know much of what happened in the last few days if not week. "Sora" he called before he opened his eyes.

"He's at home, doing better" Shikamaru looked up from his book "welcome back" he smiled and held his hand.

Naruto was still confused and still felt very weak. "I don't recall.."

"You were brought here last Friday. You got sick. It's okay if you feel drowsy, just the meds"

"Ha. It was a cold right?"

"Yeah but worse for you than for Sora."

"Can I go home?"

"I'll ask" he got up, kissed his forehead before leaving.

He tried to remember that night, but everything was pretty much a blur right after he hit the save button for the report.

The doctor did a standard test took blood work to see it there is improvement. Echo, ECG, other tests that he was now accustomed to.

It was couple more days before they allowed him to leave. Shikamaru helped him dress up.
"So the treatment you asked for?"

"It's the one you know about. It's all I got now" Naruto sighed sitting back on bed. "Sorry for being a burden."

"You'll hear from them soon and I better not hear you say such nonsense." Shikamaru fixed the blond's scarf and helped him. Naruto held on to his friend's arm like his life depended on it.

He wanted to be home but a few steps out the door and he almost collapsed. Shikamaru held his friend.
"Naruto" he got on his knees with the blond in his arms. Shikamaru shouted for help seeing as Naruto was in pain.

His condition no longer permitted him to leave the hospital. After a week of being confined in a sad depressing room with nothing to do, he got a call. They agreed to give him the treatment one last time.

Sasuke had taken care of Sora, he was surprisingly protective of the kid. Naruto was supposed to be home two weeks ago. They had expected him home when Shikamaru arrived alone two weeks ago.

"Sora...what's wrong with papa?" He asked the boy, he was in his own zone. 'I love you' Naruto's voice ringing in his mind since that night.

"Nothing is wrong with Papa, 'ttebayo?" He heard that raspy warm voice, he looked up and saw his smile.

"Naruto!" He jumped at the man, he hugged him tight and cried. "You're okay"

"Ha" he wrapped his arms around his partner, taking in his scent. He had missed being in his arms "sorry for worrying you"

"I wasn't worried, Usuratonkachi" he wiped his tears quick "you left Sora alone you idiot" he hit him playfully.

"Of course you weren't" Naruto mustered the courage to hold Sasuke's hands. He bought himself some time but that time wouldn't last forever.

"What-....are you doing?" He looked down at their hands and then at Naruto's face. His heart was racing.

"I have something to confess" Naruto had hoped this would clear Sasuke's doubts if he had any. He leaned in and kissed his brooding lover. A kiss that was not reciprocated because of shock "Sasuke, I love you"

"The fuck?!" Sasuke pushed him away "we're friends! Just friends okay?!" He looked at Naruto, he may have overreacted.

"I'm sorry. I shouldn't have" he bit his lip trying to surppress the sadness. Sasuke no longer loved him.

"Naruto-..." seeing the sparkly tears in Naruto's eyes immediately made him more calm. He felt inexplicable things and that is exactly why he yelled. He didn't know why he was feeling those things.

"Thank you for looking after Sora. I'm sorry for crossing the line, Uchiha-san" Naruto bowed to him, took his son and left.

"Uchiha-san?" Sasuke mumbled. Naruto was being too formal for a friend. He was building a wall to protect his feelings, a wall he should have never broken down.

Sasuke did feel something in the kiss, it was just like his dream. Being with Naruto scared him a lot though. He did not want to confess he had feelings for the teen dad. They were not right. He should just surppress those feelings. He should find himself a girlfriend.

Naruto watched his baby play in the corner of the room. His heart was already too broken, he couldn't bring himself to shed a single tear.

Sasuke had a flashback 'Naruto you can stop that now. You know we are just friends.'

The memory made Sasuke believe that Naruto had been making advances on him for a while. He got a bag and gathered some stuff. He couldn't stay in the house anymore. He needed to see his brothers.

He got home and was shocked to see his brother making out with non other than his high school literature teacher.
"Kakashi sensei....." His voice trailed off. A sudden sharp pain, as memories about the matter surfed up.

"Sasuke" Itachi sprawled out the couch. Kakashi behind him with a similar blush on his face. He saw his brother in pain and rushed to him. "Let's get you seated"

"I'm fine" he swatted Itachi's hand away. He did not know who he was anymore. "I need to be alone" he walked away to his bedroom. The hateful look he gave his big brother made the adult feel shivers up his spine.

It was what Itachi was afraid of, being looked down at by his own brother. He gave him space. He understood his brother did not remember a lot of things.

"Sasuke-.."

"Fuck off Kakashi" he slammed the door behind him.

Nothing made sense anymore. His life was a mess, he was sure this is just a bad dream. He was in a coma, he never woke up. It had to be.

A/N:

Hello! Thanks for the 3K reads. I know we have reached them a couple of days ago and I forgot to thank you guys for your support.

Hope you enjoy the chapter! I'll upload a second one this evening as a thank you!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

107K 3.9K 34
Kakashi x Reader You suddenly find yourself stuck in "Naruto's" world without knowing why, and were taken in by the Leaf village as one of the infamo...
12.5K 482 43
At the age of three, Naruto was so happy to be adopted by the Uchiha's. He had a family and wasn't alone anymore. But how long would it last? Please...
1M 22.2K 68
Your favorite anbu, hokage, jonin, and sensei. Ever felt like how it would be to date him? Hm? Well this will take place when Naruto and them are st...
179K 6.1K 28
The war was over and everything in the village was settling down, Naruto on the other hand was still facing some problems and he would turn to someon...