Down by the River (riverdale...

By HiddenSyn

Malaya Jones the girl who has her daddy big bad serpent king wrapped around her finger. She the one who stuck... More

Recovery and Drivein
Work sucks
Crazy day
A night with friends
Girl Time and Date
Birthday
Father Arrest
High
Mustang and Joaquin
Taken care of Buisness
Hard headed Jughead
A/N
Death
A/n
Sweetpea Pov request

Serpent Life

4.2K 37 3
By HiddenSyn

Another long day, another hour, another minute, another second. I was busting the tables at my first job hoping the time would end soon. I was getting dirty look left and right, to these people I was on the wrong side of town.

Your wonder what do you mean by the wrong side of town? Well you see Riverdale is not like fairy tales. You have the northside where the rich stuck snubs who think they own the town and then you have the south side. Where the less fortunate and still stuck people who think who think they have won town through "gang related activates". There is good and bad on both sides of the town. In no means is this little town innocent on either sides.

"Serpent slut you got my order wrong." I stood up and took a deep breath I knew the voice all too well. I turn and my glare landed on Reggie Mantel. Reggie is what you call a player. Life is like a football game he plays in on Saturday nights. He just has to win.

" Reggie don't harass my workers if your order wrong it's on me. I took your order." Pops spoke up from behind the counter. Reggie rolled his eyes as I turn back around and finish cleaning.
Pops what could I say about this fathey man who owns the little diner that every one loves to come to. He is a total sweetheart who doesn't believe in north and south sided. He sees every one as human and willing to give any one a shot.
At that point Reggie mom and little sister walk in. I put a smile on my face as Lilly ran up hugging me with a giggle. I saw Reggie stand up as I picked her up and tickled her. He probably worried I would hurt this innocent little girl. He is so wrong I adore her and her energy.

"Hey sweet cheeks how was school?" I asked their mom gave a closed mouth smile before glancing back at her son and shaking her head. Lily went into telling me all about it as I wrote their normal down. I was interacting with her laughing and asking questions. This little girl stole my heart the night Reggie Mantel fuck me over and added me to him and his friend playbook. I never did anything with him, but everyone thought I did. "Ok hun I'll be right back, and the milkshakes are on the house" I said then look up at her mom.

"You're a doll Malaya thank you." I smiled and walked off to put their order in. Reggie stood and walked to his mom.

"What the hell was that?" He asked rudely making his mom give him a look.

"Reggie Malaya been working here since she was able to get a job. She one of the best workers here and your sister adores her. Every Friday we come in Malaya gives Lilly and I free shakes that she does not think I know but come out of her check. That girls a hard worker she is one south sider I would trust with my life and even Lilly's lay off her son." She spoke.

" She a serpent mom you know how embarrassing this is" he spoke so harshly making his mom roll her eyes.

"Yes, I know she a serpent. Do you remember that Christmas thing where hard for us after your dad passed? I could not buy you and your sister anything the things y'all got was thanks to her being a serpent. For the toys for tots drive she put her name in on the downlow only her father knew what everyone thought was being sent to Jelly bean was sent to Lilly and what was supposed to be for Jughead you, so no one knew we was struggling. That was just last year. That embarrassment you feel is wrongly place even after you ruined that girl's life with playing with her, she still helped our family, and oh yes, I know you hurt her. I do not know how or even why, but I saw the change in her after. Yet she still put a smile on her face every time me and Lily walked in this place. While I was dealing with funeral arrangements. She used to sit right in this booth coloring with Lily before work. While she was working, she kept an eye on Lily so I could handle what needed to be handle while you were off to busy with friends and your own way of getting over what happen." I peeked over my shoulder to see Reggie giving me a thankful look before it turned to a glare and he darted out the room his buddies following him. I took a deep breath and brought their food to them.

" ok here we go one vanilla milkshake and one strawberry with an extra cherry on top and two pops famous burger with fries. I also got you this." I smiled and set some colors and a couple printed out color picture that I put in my bag every Friday for her. I gave her mom a thankful smile for what she said. She patted my arm and gave me a smile.

"You're the good the serpents need" she spoke making me give her a smile. Deep down I knew this might be the last time she stood up for me. As we speak my father was dumping something in the river that would ruin our lives forever. That something I knew all too well what it was. I know everything that goes on with the serpent me being at work, worked in our favor tonight. My father was keeping me out of whatever was going to happen.

"Your good Malaya, you only have ten minutes go get cleaned up and changed. I gave him a grateful smile as he got my check ready for me. Once changed I slid on my serpent jacket and walked out the bathroom.

"Pops don't forget to pay Juggies tab" I spoke not looking up once I did, I notice my brother looking up at me with his jaw dropped. I sighed and threw my hair up in a ponytail before throwing my bag over my shoulder and walking up to the counter.

" You're the reason I never owe pops anything." I gave him a nod sticking my hands in my pocket. "But all the times."

"Been on the house. Do you really think pop can do that every time Juggie?" Someone else walked in and I notice it was Archie. I have not seen him in a while.

"When did you join the serpents?" He asked me. I chuckled and reached for my check that Pops held out for me.

"The same day your best friend abandons his own blood" I spoke before rolling my eyes and walk out. Jug followed me out as I set on my motorcycle. Straightening my jacket and leaning forward I look towards Jug

" I didn't abandon anyone" He spoke sending me a what the hell look. Chuckling I send him a nod.

"Yea Juggie you kind of did. One minute your making epic promises of us having each other back then next thing I know it your back I am watching walk out of the house. Not one word not even goodbye. This is the first we talked to each other in 2 years. I have tried." I started up my bike and drove off. I pulled up to the whyte wyrm and parked my bike.

"Hey Laya" someone called I looked up to see my dad walking up. He gave me a look telling me it is done making me nod. "How was work" I groan and set back on my bike making him laugh. "Toni bailed tonight you up for a couple extra hours if not hogeye wouldn't mind." I got off my bike and walked into the bar.

"Hogeye take a breather I got you for two hours" He gave me a grateful smile.

"I know you just got off of work Doll face" I smiled and cut him off knowing he was going to try to stop me even though he needed a breather his self.

"Yea and you started when I started my shift least, I can do is cover you for two hours before you have another 4 hours" He hugged me and walked off.

"You are to nice" Tall Boy huffed making me roll my eyes as I jumped over the counter and picked up a ragged.

"Awe that is until you piss me off. Is that what you trying to do Tallboy" I asked making a look of fear come over his face he stood and walked off.

"How does everyone bow down to you?" a guy spoke "I saw you outside with our leader. Seems even he has a soft spot for you."

"Well he is my old man. You must me Kole. I am Malaya Jones so mostly it's my last name some is respect I earn." I said as I fixed him another drink.

"Little Malaya Jones my have you grown. I get out after five years and you're not a little tig anymore." He said with a grin. I was servicing other drinks but couldn't help but laugh at what he said.

"SWEETS" I called when the boy at the pool table turn to see me, he grinned and walked my way. "Tell Toni she owes me, where is she staying" I asked in a low voice his smile fell off his face.

" Not sure I offer my guest room" He spoke as he leans on the bar.

"I'll talk to her uncle once I'm done." He gave me a worried look. "Look this stays between us. How do you think he keeps letting her back in? She won't stay with any of us more than a night my dad gives him jobs out of town for a reason" He gave me a proud look.

"I never knew that" I smiled and passed him a drink.

"Our secret" He down his drink and nod before walking off again. An hour and half into me working the bar Hogeye showed back up.

"Go on I got it from here doll face" I kissed his cheek the jumped over the bar and headed up to my dad office. He was looking down at the twilight drive closing flyer.

"We knew it was coming once the deal was made dad." He looked up and gave me a sad smile. "We will show our support day after tomorrow by being there just stay in the back ground you know how Juggie is with people knowing your apart of the serpent in their eyes it was because of mom and Jelly bean leaving that I joined."

"I know kid we will get them back" he gave a smile making me smile back.

"We don't need them dad" he pulled me on his lap and hugged me. "Toni was kicked out again" My dad sighed and handed me a folder. I kissed his cheek before standing and walking out making my way to Toni uncle trailer on foot since it was not far. I knocked and he open the door with a glare. He went to grab the folder, but I yanked it away.

"I am the reason your bills are paid. That you have this roof over your head. You keep fucking up." I spoke giving him a hard look. I was getting so sick of him playing my girl like he does. She is my best friend and does not deserve this.

" I do the work I pay my bills blonde" He glared right back taking a step forward trying to threaten me.

" Thing is you wouldn't have the work without me. I am sick of you toying with my girl." I took a step forward showing no fear we were standing toe to toe glaring at each other.

"Laya" I looked back to see Toni, Fangs and Joaquin and I looked back at her uncle an idea forming in my head. I was done playing his game this had to stop.

"And you know what she deserves better than this better then you so no more jobs. Toni will be staying with one of us tell you cannot pay a dime anymore. Once you move out the trailer will go to Toni in her name. Time ticking." I turn to walk off and he grabbed me by the hair holding a knife to my throat. I busted out laughing as he placed his knife in my throat. I was not scared one thing I learn in my years was there a time to be scared and there a time to count your blessing he just screwed up big time.

"You just made it that much easier for me to make it happen" I felt the blood trickle down my neck from the small cut he made. "You just broke serpent law. Care to finish what you started." I could see the fear in Toni eyes as Fangs held her back with Joaquin standing watching our every move ready to jump when he can. Next thing I knew my head was banged hard against the door frame. Everything was spinning as I fell to the ground Fangs and Toni was at my side as Joaquin punches Toni uncle knocking him out.

"She need a hospital Joaquin her head bleeding bad." I felt arms pick me up as I groan. "Run and get FP Toni. Fangs take your shirt off and hold it to her head." I hear Joaquin barking orders. "Why do you have to be so reckless." He snapped making me chuckle as Fangs placed his shirt to my head making me wince. Him and Fangs moved together as everything swirled.

" He did the one thing I wanted" I said with a chuckle that made me wince.

"WHAT THE FUCK HAPPEN!" I heard my dad yell and he ran to us with a worried look on his face.

"She pushed Kenneth button he knocked her head against the rusted door frame after he knicked her neck." Joaquin told him as he placed me in my father arm.

"Damn it Doll Face" I heard Hogeye not far. "Here take my truck get her to the ER the boys and I will round him up." I open my eyes and saw Sweetpea running his hand through his head as he looked at me worried.

"Ok Sweetpea get in the back, I'm a pass her to you. Joaquin go with Hogeye Toni in the truck I need to have a talk with you relax this is not your fault. Fangs whatever you do, do not stop putting pressure on that wound and boys keep her awake." My dad yelled out making me groan because it just made my head pound more.

"Here climb in the truck" Joaquin said placing his hands where Fang was. I could hear them hoping into the back and feel my self being moved. I was fighting to keep my eyes open. I felt something pressed against the other side of my head and open my eyes to see my dad. He had kissed my forehead.

"Now you baby girl keep awake and never do this again to me you hear me" He gave me a glare before he closed the bed of the truck Sweetpea and Fangs moved me to where I was laying against Sweetpea. I was in out of it from there the boys kept yelling at me to open my eyes and keep them open. Once to the hospital I heard the truck door open. "Do not move boys I will get someone out here" I heard my dad call.

"How she is doing?" I heard Toni sniffle. I open my eyes so I could see her standing on the back of the truck.

"I'll be ok and so will you" I whisper Sweetpea moved close so he could hear what I was saying and repeated it before people was rushing up to the truck. As soon as they went to pick me up, I gasp, and everything went black.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

308K 3.8K 32
"Whose that?" Veronica asked pointing to the girl in a leather Serpent Jacket. "That's Natalie. The Serpent Princess" Joaquin Answered. "She's FP's...
185K 2.8K 33
Victoria Jones is a south side serpent. She lives with her father, who is the brother of FP Jones. She has only really been close with Jughead and he...
74.4K 1.5K 45
Iris. Desantoes there princess and the true queen of the serpent's Jughead x oc x sweet pea x fangs
33.1K 1.1K 24
the last thing he expected after his mum and stepdad were involved in a fatal car accident was to be sent back to Riverdale to live with his alcoholi...