Burning Desires

By GhostWriter_Lylie

I was on high, if cloud nine was a person it was Damon. He makes me feel things I never thought was possible... More

Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17

Chapter 1

182 5 1
By GhostWriter_Lylie

I've never been pretty really, but my eyes have make up for what my nose lacks.

I have a button-like nose that doesn't look like it came from either one of my parents. That's always been the reason why they all think I'm adopted.

Father said my nose was cut from surgery I had when I was a child, that was the reason why I had a small nose compared to my brother. I've always been different, I didn't belong to any one of my friends before back in England.

That's why I was always bullied, I was different.

After an accident that happened way before when I was still living with my parents, I moved away to New York. I wanted to find out what I've been missing back home.

A place that I could call my own. A place where no one knows who I am so I can start anew.

I stopped in front of a very small and dingy apartment, and parked my car just outside the door. There wasn't any space left for the sidewalk because it is on the sidewalk.

I knocked three times before the door finally opened. I was greeted by a very grumpy lady who is going to be my landlady for the room I'll be renting.

"Yours is upstairs, upper left corner. The one with the window." She put down the cat that was purring on her legs. "There are some rules that my borders have to follow." She said counting on her fingers. "No boys." She started, that wouldn't be a problem for me.

"No animals."

I looked at her cat and she noticed, "Meowington doesn't like other furry company." She spat. I raised both of my hands as if surrendering. I don't have any furry pets, that wouldn't be a problem also.

"And be home before midnight."

I laughed at her last statement. "Like Cinderella?" I asked, "No, like I would be asleep and you'll be sleeping outside." She stood up and disappeared somewhere in the room at the back.

I shrugged and went up to my room to crash. I had troubles finding it, but I was determined to, I'm exhausted, and I'm not up for her attitude in the early morning.

When my back kissed the bed, I soon realized that this isn't home anymore. This is not my bed, but it is now. I have to sleep in this rock hard mattress and live in this pests infested room.

At least I have a window, I comforted myself. I need to find a job to get out of this house, and taking a shower is the first step. I can't show up to a job interview looking like a piece of garbage New Yorkers throw away in the streets. I need to make a statement; I'm broke but I smell good.

After a very long and satisfying bath, I quickly ran towards my clothes on my bed to avoid any peeping from my neighbors. Walking around naked isn't really what I have in mind right now, although that is a habit of mine, I have to buy curtains first.

I opened my laptop and bloody hell the brightness almost blinded me, I should remember to buy contact lenses instead of my big arse glasses.

I started looking for anything really I just need a stable income for now, but all I could find is an opening for a spot called 'escort'. I don't recall learning that in school, so I avoided the job offer as much as possible. I don't want to take on a job that I have no experience whatsoever with, I might show up looking dumb and all, I don't want to embarrass myself on my first day.

When all hope seemed lost, a new job offer popped up. After a few seconds there are a lot of applicants already submitting their resumes, I sent mine out of panic and worry that the job post might close soon.

I tried searching for more because let's face it I was a needle in a haystack from all of those people who wanted to apply.

After a few minutes of looking, I was startled by my landlady who was knocking profusely at my door. I opened it as quickly as possible, scared that she might add me to the dinner table next.

"First day here and you already have mail." She eyed me while I take the envelope in her hand, I tried pulling it but she still wouldn't give. "Hmm." She hummed and let goes. I swear I almost fell on my arse when she did.

I closed the door behind me shut and carefully started opening the envelope. If this is a scam I swear I'm going to move out of this neighborhood.

Inside was a piece of paper with my name written on the recipient. "Missy De Vega." I read out loud, "we are pleased to invite you for an interview at Lux. We will be waiting for you at Le Vale, 2A at 8:00 am tomorrow morning, April 6. On the reception please ask for Ms. Amelia Aviary, should you have any questions, please feel free to ask before the interview. Have a nice day."

I almost screamed but I couldn't, I covered myself with the pillow and squealed my heart out. I swear when I pulled away from the pillow, I got a hair from an unknown body part on my mouth. "Bloody hell!" I ran to the bathroom to brush my teeth.

My gums are bleeding, because I brushed so hard to remove any possible disease I can catch from the hair alone.

I shook my head and just swallowed my pride, I do hope I get the job because I'd die here if I don't.

Dear God watch over me.

*

The morning when I woke up, I quickly went to the bathroom to take a bath. I don't know what the hell I did back there but when I got out, it was almost past 8.

I literally ran downstairs and good heavens did I almost died when I tripped on my shoe.

I tried shaking it off and straightened my dress to perfection. First impression lasts as what my father would always say.

I was aiming for a good one, but instead I might be remembered as the girl who had coffee stains on her dress. "Holy fuck!" The guy who bumped me yelled. I jolted out of response when the hot liquid traveled down to my chest.

He stared at me for a couple more minutes before taking his handkerchief and started wiping my girls clean. I turned beat red when his thumb brushed my nipple.

"What do you think you're doing, you pervert!" My hand immediately connected with his cheek making it turn color, from pale to a really dark red. It made him speechless, and I couldn't say a word either. "I... I have a job interview, and the last thing I need is this." I was out of breath trying to remove the stain on my white dress. "Look, I don't know you, and you probably don't know me. I don't know, honestly, but I really really need this... you see I live in a really really really smelly apartment, I swear I saw rats trying to use me as their offering, and... and there were hairs growing out of my pillow!" I was laughing hysterically, I look like a mental escapee right now.

I was laughing and then the next thing I knew I was crying. The guy was just looking at me intently, not sure whether or not he should stop me or not. "I just need a job you know? Now thanks to you I look like a train-wreck, like cookie Monster decided to throw up on me because he ate too much cookies, you know?" I looked up to him, and his lips formed a small smile, a mischievous one, I just can't understand why.

I shook my head out of frustration and went inside the building. Every single person there was standing up, probably expecting someone more important, but it was I, a coffee stained girl they saw, everyone looked disappointed whilst they return back to their seats, others let out a deep breath of relief.

"Ms. Aviary, please." I showed the girl on the reception area my ID back in England. It took her awhile to read it and when she did, she shooed me away with her hand. "You're in the wrong reception area, Missy." She pointed the elevator in front. "18 floor." She said.

"But it clearly says out of order." I looked back at her, she was smiling at me devilishly. "Run." She whispered, and returned to whatever the hell she's doing.

I groaned so loud half of the people here heard me. I shook my head and slapped myself a little before head charging to the stairs. I can do this!

The second and third floors were easy, but the next few stairs are breathtaking. Literally.

When I got to the 10th floor I heard the elevator dinged. "Bloody hell! You've got to be kidding me!" I yelled out, people started looking at me, I ignored them and ran to the elevator, it almost split me in half but I managed to squeeze in before it closed.

I was having trouble catching my breath, when I turned to my side there was a little boy smiling at me. "What?" I asked, not up for a staring contest.

"The elevator caught your dress." He pointed at my exposed legs. "Fuc- Bloody hell!" I groaned, realizing there was a kid in front of me. The other grown ups here tried hiding their smiles but a guy burst out laughing. "Something funny?" I asked, standing a bit tall even though I look like a complete mess right now.

He shook his head but he soon turned red trying to stop himself from laughing.

I keep hearing murmurs until I reached the 18th floor, I was all alone now inside the elevator, but I still keep on tugging my dress down, as if it would help.

When the door opened, I took a very deep breath and strode inside the room like I own the place. When I got to the only desk that was here, a woman was there typing calmly on her computer. "Ms. Aviary?" I called, but she kept her eyes on the computer. "You're late." She looked up, she wasn't fazed by my dress, rather amused. "That's new." She nodded. "For 10 years I've worked here never have I seen such devotion." She motioned to the big wooden door in front of us. "Go in. I'll ring the boss."

Before she could change her mind I walked away and opened the door with pride. "I'm sorry," I started.

"Get me coffee. You're hired." He turned around to face me and... "YOU!"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.2M 32.8K 35
"You're just too much fun to mess with," he jokes, his smile transforming into a glowing smirk. My cheeks heat, but this time with anger. My toleranc...
619 23 21
*** "Wanna know something funny..." He whispered as he leaned into me, His lips brushing gently against the shell of my ear, his warm breath sending...
281K 9.6K 46
HIGHEST RANKING-1st in Cool & Laugh! {08/07/18} Elena/Lena Matthews is an eighteen year old simple curvy girl with a bit of sass who loves her family...
10.7K 399 16
18+ warning. Mature scenes and language. Mentions and descriptions of Rape, abuse, panic attacks, self shaming. Read at Own Risk. No warnings on cha...