Strangers || j.h.

By rowdysgirlxo

"What we feel started way before we ever touched..." -cover created by @mahgahdahling More

intro
chapter two
chapter three
chapter four
chapter five
chapter six
chapter seven
chapter eight
chapter nine
chapter ten
chapter eleven
chapter twelve
chapter thirteen
chapter fourteen
chapter fifteen
chapter sixteen
chapter seventeen
chapter eighteen
chapter nineteen
chapter twenty
chapter twenty-one
chapter twenty-two
chapter twenty-three
chapter twenty-four
chapter twenty-five
chapter twenty-six
chapter twenty-seven
chapter twenty-eight
chapter twenty-nine
chapter thirty
chapter thirty-one
sequel

chapter one

26.1K 182 47
By rowdysgirlxo

I woke up to the sun beaming through my window onto my face. Today was the last day of summer before I start my senior year and my mom just loves to tell me I'm not a kid anymore.

"Good morning, Miss Peyton." My mother joked, pushing my bedroom door open.

"Good morning," I laughed, stretching.

"Don't forget I need you to take your brothers to practice today." My mom said.

"What time?" I asked.

"11:30."

I rolled over and grabbed my alarm clock and saw that it was 10 o'clock and thrashed around in my sheets. I felt around my bed for my phone and none of my friends were awake yet. Shocker. I rolled out of bed, literally, hitting my floor with a thud.

"If you make us late to practice because you're being weird, I'm telling coach that you have to skate my sprints." My youngest brother, Liam, said from the doorway of my bedroom.

"And mine!" My other little brother Brady, Liam's older twin by just 6 minutes, called as he passed my room.

"We have an hour and a half would you two relax?" I laughed, rolling over to my back.

"Come on Peyton, get off the floor." My dad laughed as he walked past my room.

"Ugh, why can't you people just let me live my life?" I whined.

"You're not a kid anymore!" My mom called from the laundry room.

There it is. Bright and early. I pulled myself off my rug and rubbed my eyes as I shuffled to the bathroom. I quickly did my morning routine which included washing my face, brushing my teeth, and brushing my hair. I stumbled back to my bedroom and flopped back down on my bed, grabbing my phone again and scrolling through social media.

"Peyton!" Brady yelled at me from my door frame.

"What? I'm ready!" I laughed.

"You're in your pajamas!" He fake yelled, giggling as he spoke.

"Okay sweatpants and a tank top, while I might sleep in them, are not pajamas and I can absolutely drop you off at hockey practice in this attire. Considering I'm not even getting out of the car!" I explained, sticking my tongue out at him.

"You are so annoying!" Brady laughed, walking out of my room.

"You know what, just for that comment, I'm vlogging today!" I yelled, immediately hearing both of my brothers grunt in response.

My brothers and I are very close, my mom is an only child and my dad only has one sister who didn't have kids so we don't have cousins and grew up just the three of us kids. I started my YouTube channel when I was a freshman because I posted a montage of snapchat memories from a family vacation on my instagram story and so many people told me it was funny watching my crazy family. I grabbed my Canon G7x, the stereotypical vlog camera, and propped it up on my vanity in my bedroom before hitting record.

"Good morning guys, its me Peyton and welcome back to my channel. I have to run a few errands today and I was thinking it'd be fun to bring you guys along with me so welcome to a typical day in the Cane Family life!" I explained as I started doing my makeup. "I don't have a whole lot of stuff to do today, just normal errands. I have to drive my brothers to hockey practice, get my eyelashes done, pick my brothers up from hockey practice, go to Staples with my brothers for school supplies because we start school tomorrow. Ew." I said looking in the camera. "I can't believe I start senior year tomorrow and my little brothers are going to be sophomores. That is absolutely crazy."

"Are you talking to yourself again?" My dad came in my room, knowing full well I was vlogging.

"Ha ha, very funny." I joked.

"You know, we always worried about Peyton not having any friends and then she started talking to a camera and we just never thought it'd get better but somehow she made one friend." My dad said, leaning into the frame. "Just one and that's it."

"Okay, goodbye!" I said, pushing my dad out of my room.

"Back to what I was saying, since I don't have too much to do I figured I could do a follow me around/playlist video for you guys and hopefully you enjoy it so, yeah let's go." I said, turning the camera off for the time being as I finished my makeup.

I kept my makeup simple on a day to day basis, just concealer when I need it with some highlight and lip gloss or carmex. I can't wear mascara because of my eyelash extensions nor did I really need it which I really enjoyed. Since I decided I was filming I changed into a little navy blue sundress and let my long brown hair fall naturally before I grabbed a pair of sunglasses to put on top of my head. I turned my camera back on as I slung my purse over my shoulder and grabbed my phone.

"Liam! Brady! Put your bags in my car!" I yelled.

"We did!" Brady yelled back as I walked down into my kitchen to find him and Liam eating cereal.

"Good morning boys," I said, flipping the camera on them.

"Are you ready to go or are you gonna do that annoying thing where you stand here and talk to us until we have to leave and then you decide you're hungry?" Liam asked, shoveling Cap'n Crunch in his mouth.

"Okay rude." I laughed, propping the camera up on the counter as I made myself an iced coffee with almond milk in a little to go tumblr.

"Are you excited to spend the day with your big sister??" I asked.

"Not really." Liam said, placing his bowl in the sink.

"Yeah, we kind of live with you." Brady said.

"You have to soak up all the time we have left together because next summer I leave for college and I won't live with you anymore, won't you be so sad?"

"No, cause I get your room." Brady joked, making a silly face at the camera.

"Ha, fat chance little bro." I grinned, grabbing my keys off the hook and looking into the camera. "Off to hockey practice."

The boys and I jumped in my White Jeep Wrangler and I set my camera up on the dashboard before pulling out of the driveway.

"Okay, if we're doing a playlist video it has to be good songs." Brady said, taking my phone out the cup holder and scrolling through my music library before settling on Tussin' by NAV.

"I've been drinkin' on Tussin'!" Liam sang at the top of his voice from the back making us laugh.

My brothers and I had a full on dance party to many songs on the way to the rink.

"Bye have fun! See you in two hours!" I said cheerily as they got out of the car and pulled there bags out of the trunk. "Okay now it's time to get my eyelashes done."

As I drove to the little salon I went to I kept jamming out to my playlist. When I arrived at the salon I shut my camera off and hid it in my glove box before going in for my appointment, in which I always take a little nap because it's so relaxing. After my peaceful snooze, I got back in my car and took my camera back out. Just as I started recording my phone started ringing.

"Hello??" I answered.

"Hey, what are you doing?" The groggy voice of my best friend Marley came through the phone.

"Just got my eyelashes done, now I have to kill an hour before I get Liam and Brady from practice."

"Wanna come get me? I'm hungry." She asked.

"Yeah, I'm filming today. Just so you know." I said and heard her grumble.

"Okay, I need to not look like a gremlin." She said. "See you in 15."

"Okay." I said, smiling at my camera. "Surprise guest!"

I drove over to Marley's and texted her from her driveway and she came out soon after.

"Hi everyone!" Marley awkwardly greeted the camera. "Okay, let's go get the boys so we can eat, I'm dying."

"Okay." I laughed.

Marley and I continued with the playlist jam session, switching from the rap with my brothers to our favorite groups like 5 Seconds of Summer and Florida Georgia Line. When I pulled up to the rink, Liam and Brady were just walking out with one of there friends from the team. They said goodbye and tossed there bags in my trunk and hopped in, immediately begging for food as well. We all decided on Smashburger and had a full on feast. Marley ended up coming with us to Staples before I dropped her off at home and took the boys home.

"Hello, family!" I yelled as we walked in, the camera still rolling.

"And there goes the peace and quiet." My mom joked. "Did you get your supplies?" She asked the boys.

"Yeah, we got enough."

"What do you mean enough?" She asked.

"I got a binder and a pen." Liam said.

"Same and a folder." Brady said.

"What? You take 8 classes boys." My mom said.

"Eh, it'll be fine." Liam said, running up to shower with Brady practically racing him.

I jogged up the stairs to my bedroom and started cleaning my room and trying to pick an outfit for tomorrow.

"Hey," Brady said flopping on the end of my bed.

"Hey."

"So, what time do you wanna go to the rink?" My brother asked, referring to our annual night before school tradition of playing hockey together.

"Uh, whenever you want." I said.

"Okay, 7." He said, laying back and pulling out his phone.

I grew up in a hockey household seeing as my dad played in the AHL for a couple years, and now is assistant Coach for the Red Wings and my mom played in college. Growing up in Michigan we played a lot of pond hockey but seeing as it's September that's not an option. I played mites hockey when I was in elementary school but decided to stop in 7th grade, not because I don't love hockey because I do, I just didn't want to play going into high school because I got a lot of shit for it. I still play with my brothers all the time and my parents, over the years we even taught Marley how to skate and she picked up the basics of hockey pretty quick.

"Dinner!" My mom called and if my door was closed there would be a Brady sized hole in it.

I jogged downstairs and sat with my family at the table as we made small talk and when we were done I helped my mom load the dishwasher. Right after that I went upstairs to change to go to the rink, turning my camera back on.

"So we just had dinner and now my brothers and I are going for our night before school tradition to play hockey together." I said walking down the stairs to check my hockey bag.

"You guys heading out?" My dad asked.

"Yeah, wanna come?" I offered.

"No, it's your tradition. And your last one." He said dramatically wrapping his arms around me as he began to fake weep. "My baby is all grown up!"

"Suffocating me." I mumbled into his chest.

"Get outta here kid."

My brothers and I loaded up the jeep and looked at each other.

"You ready for this?" Brady asked.

"It's a little emotional." I said.

"Oh I don't care about that, I meant the smoke you're about to get from me and Liam." Brady said.

"Dream on." I laughed as Brady made faces in the camera before running for shotgun.

Here we go.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

825K 38.1K 60
Taehyung is appointed as a personal slave of Jungkook the true blood alpha prince of blue moon kingdom. Taehyung is an omega and the former prince...
175K 2.9K 45
Teagan was used to guys flirting with her in bars. She was used to flirting right back. At first, it seemed like Trevor was going to be no different...
12.1K 142 16
zoey has always been the devils number one fan. one day, she went to one of their games and her life changed forever. #104 in #hockey #13 in #viral
19.9K 556 13
Amelia just moved to Jasper, Nevada. She is forced to move place to place because of her powers. Optimus Prime leader of the Autobot's lost his daugh...