Knight Wolf and Little Robin...

By grimreaperbarbie

Batman, Robin, and Knight Wolf... it had been that way for years. That is until Dick Grayson left in the nigh... More

Part One: The Rise
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
IMPORTANT AUTHOR'S NOTE, DO NOT SKIP
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Author's Note (Don't Skip)
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Part 2: The Fall
Prologue (5 years ago)
Chapter 1.2
Chapter 2.2

Chapter 9

12.3K 427 211
By grimreaperbarbie

Blair sat across from her uncle, watching as he looked over cases involving Knight Wolf and Batman. Gordon had a unique filing system for his cases; closed, unsolved and in progress, Batman and Knight Wolf, and then the petty crimes or what he deemed "cases that aren't priority." She was only ever allowed to look at the high priority cases when they were closed, which is why she was currently reading about a gas station robbery.

"So, how are they doing?" She asked as he closed the folder, placing it in Batman and Knight Wolf's stack of solved cases.

"How is who doing?" Gordon grabbed another report.

"Batman and Knight Wolf. Those are their cases aren't they?" With as crappy as her month had been, she needed to hear from someone that she was doing a good job, even if that someone was her uncle who had no idea that she was the one he'd be congratulating. So yes, she was fishing for praise.

Instead of answering, Gordon gave her a suspicious look. Blair sighed, "It says so right there Uncle Jim, plus that is their stack."

"Blair—"

"Fine, I'll just continue to read the boring cases then." Blair closed the folder, grabbing the stack of low priority cases to go through. A small question pricked in the back of her mind as she flipped through the folders, "You know, you're the Commissioner, why do you always go out on cases?"

"I'd rather be out in the field than behind the desk." Gordon explained. "It gives me a better look at the police force in action, plus Batman refuses to deal with anyone else. At least his partner talks to Harvey if she has to."

"Oh, so now we're talking about Batman and Knight Wolf." Blair joked, giving her uncle a small grin as he sighed loudly before turning back to her stack of boringly unsolved cases.

Her eyes land on a case involving the disappearance of an ancient family heirloom of some rich socialite. When she read over the case, she slid the folder over to Gordon in an excited frenzy, "Uncle Jim! I found something and I know who did it!"

"What? What am I missing?" He grabbed the folder, flipping through the paperwork.

"Catwoman. You're missing Catwoman! This has her MO all over it!" Blair excitedly kicked the desk. She had found a case, something simple for the night, all without the help of the Batcomputer hacking the files.

"Blair I haven't even— you're right. How did you know that?" He gave her a suspicious look, one of which she ignored entirely, she always had an excuse.

"I've paid attention to her attacks in the past." She shrugged. "Give it to Batman. He can totally handle her."

"What if I want to work it?"

Blair sighed, "Uncle Jim, you and I both know she only listens to him. You've complained about it enough."

It was true. Every time Gordon had a case involving Selina Kyle, he would come home grumbling about how Batman had somehow talked her into returning whatever valuable museum artifact she had stolen. Funnily enough, he was nowhere to be found when she stole for a good cause. It drove Gordon crazy, and it made Blair laugh.

"You already have to get all this paperwork done by the end of the week, let him solve this one." Blair said, waiting as Gordon thought it over.

"Fine. He can solve this one, but I'm going to help if I can."

********

"You want me to stay here and teach Todd how to work the computer? It's a computer. How hard can it possibly be to understand?" Blair exclaimed.

She had immediately run into the Batcave, rambling on and on about the Catwoman case. She couldn't help it, she was excited.

Bruce turned to look over at Jason, pushing random buttons, one of the monitors blacking out for a few minutes before coming back on. Blair groaned loudly, "This so isn't fair."

Bruce smirked, "I hear you tell Jason life isn't fair all the time so—"

"This is different. This is my job." She argued. She was not about to lose the case that she had found on her own, just to babysit.

"You know I can handle Selina."

"But I like Selina." Lie. Blair didn't like Selina, nor did she dislike her, but she was definitely going to pull out all the stops here.

Bruce raised an eyebrow in amusement, seeing what she was trying to do, "Really? You like Selina? I'll be sure to tell her."

"Sorry, I was just channeling you for a second there." Blair shook her head. "I was sure that was gonna work."

********

Blair spun around in the big chair by the computer, waiting for Bruce to send word that he had made it to wherever he was meeting Selina. She could've just followed the tracker that was in his arm, just as the trackers that were in her and Jason, but she didn't plan on staring at the computer screen for that long.

"Why do you get the big chair?" Jason whined. Alfred had brought in an extra chair from Blair's room. To her amusement, it looked like a kid chair compared to the one she was currently sitting in. "This is your desk chair anyway. You should be sitting in it."

"I've been here longer. Seniority." Blair kicked her feet up on the desk, opening Anne of Green Gables.

"Seniority? You're reading a kid's book. How do you get seniority?" Jason scoffed.

"First of all, fuck you. Anne of Green Gables is not just a kid's book, and if you keep it up, I'll end up breaking a slate over your head just like she does to Gilbert Blythe, only we won't have a happy ending with a wedding and kids." She snapped, eyes falling onto the open page.

Jason spun around in Blair's desk chair, stopping when he saw how relaxed Blair was. In his month and a half at Wayne Manor, he had never seen her half as relaxed as she was in that moment. Her eyes glided across the page, more life coming into her bluish-green eyes than he had ever seen before.

He was tempted to leave her alone, but he was starting to get bored sitting still, "Who the fuck is Gilbert Blythe?"

"Oh, so you can say this is a children's book, but you don't know who Gilbert Blythe is?" Blair shook her head, eyes never leaving the page. "You're pitiful, Birdbrain. Pitiful."

Jason sighed, looking at all the buttons in front of him, "What does this button do?"

"Lasers you to ash."

"What?!?" He exclaimed, jumping back from the computer.

Blair choked back a laugh, "Sorry, hopeful wishing."

Jason glared at her as she leaned forward to speak into the coms, "Is everything going okay there, Batsy?"

"I should be asking you that, but I don't see any fire trucks headed to the manor so I can assume it's still standing." Blair could practically hear the amused smile on Bruce's face.

She pulled up his tracker before pulling up the layout of the warehouse. Since this was Gotham, she was also able to pull up all security systems, "Haha. Incoming on your six."

Jason looked at the screen, seeing the blurry shadow Blair was referring to behind Bruce. He grabbed the sides of Blair's chair, pushing it away from the microphone, gliding over to take her spot despite her protests, "I say jump her, get whatever shiny thing she stole, then drop her off at Gotham PD on your way back."

"This is why you aren't out of your cage yet." Blair muttered, ramming her chair into Jason's.

Jason groaned loudly, spinning her chair away from him. Blair's chair rammed into the side of the desk, causing her to yelp and glare over at Jason.

"I don't know what the two of you are doing, but knock it off." Bruce's stern voice came through the speakers. "I can't think with the two of you bickering into the coms and I have to talk so shut up."

"Oh talking? Is that what we're calling it nowadays?" Blair snorted. "If that's the case, then I'd love to talk to Joe Keery."

Jason snickered, "Yeah, that'll happen."

********

Time passed by and the Batcave was silent. Blair slung her legs over the chair, nose in her book while Jason stared at the computer screen, his head in his hands. He had never been so bored in his entire life.

He started playing around with the different buttons and levers until his eyes landed on a red one underneath the desk, "What does this button do?"

Blair's eyes shot up from her book just as Jason pressed the red button, "Wait, don't—"

Alarms rang out through the cave, the shrill ringing giving Blair a headache. Angrily, she threw her book at Jason, hitting him in the head as she ran over to turn off the alarm, "STOP PRESSING BUTTONS, TODD!"

Jason rubbed his head where Blair's book had hit him, grinning despite the pain, "What's the fun in that?"

"I WON'T GET A FUCKING HEADACHE FROM HELL AND I THINK THAT'S FUN ENOUGH!" Blair yelled, her aggravation finally at its peak.

"I think we need to redefine your definition of fun." Jason bent down, picking up Blair's book and opening it to a random page. "My life is a perfect graveyard of buried hopes, shit Blair, fun huh?"

Blair yanked the book out of Jason's hands, using it to hit him roughly over the head again. Jason threw his hands up to his head, "Ow! Biiiiiiitchy!"

She whirled around, giving Jason a glare so full of fury and annoyance that he was sure she would throw him into the computer screens, "I WILL STAB YOU, TODD. STAB. YOU."

At that moment, the Batmobile came into the cave, interrupting whatever Jason was about to say. The two stopped their bickering as Bruce got out of the Batmobile, cowl off, looking over at Blair and Jason. Blair ran over to car, tripping Jason on her way there to get to Bruce first.

"So how did—"

"DON'T EVER LEAVE ME HERE ALONE WITH HIM EVER AGAIN!" Blair cut him off, answering his question.

"Oh yes, because you're such a blast to hang out with." Jason snarked off, joining the group.

Blair turned to face him, "You were acting like an annoying toddler. 'What does this button do? What happens if I do this? Does this get any good games on it?'"

"Excuse me for trying to not be bored for five minutes."

Blair rolled her eyes, "That's what you call it? I call it being a pain in my ass."

"You know Blair, maybe I wouldn't be such a pain in the ass if you were actually a fun person to be around." Jason snapped.

"I'm plenty fun! Did you ever think that maybe I just don't want to be around you?"

"Well, hate to break it to you, but I'm here to stay."

Bruce sighed, walking to the changing room to get out of his suit while Blair and Jason yelled at each other. Neither one of them noticed he was gone, too busy screaming about how much they annoyed each other.

"Maybe if you took the stick out of your ass you'd stop being so miserable all the damn time!"

"Maybe if you weren't such a goddamn prick we wouldn't have this issue!" Blair shot back.

"I wouldn't be a prick if you weren't such a bitch!"

Bruce walked out of the changing room, standing by Alfred's side. He watched as Blair's face shifted from one of anger to one of pain for just a brief moment, "Have they been doing this all night?"

"Yes, I don't know what you were expecting." Alfred sighed. "She's been working with him nonstop and he's not easy to deal with."

Alfred turned back to Blair and Jason, Bruce following his gaze. She had had enough, "FUCK YOU, TODD! FUCK YOU!"

"Right back at you, Princess! You and your fucking seniority and high horse!"

"YOU ARE SUCH A FUCKING PAIN IN THE ASS!"

"TAKES ONE TO KNOW ONE!"

Blair let out a loud screech before stomping up the stairs. Jason picked up the book she left behind, throwing it up at the stairs, "DON'T FORGET YOUR FUCKING GILBERT BLYTHE!"

"FUCK OFF!"

Jason swore, kicking the ground before stomping off to the punching bags in the corner. Bruce watched as they separated, shaking his head, "This is going to be a long night."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

51K 1.5K 194
PART 1.| EUPHORIA: Dick GraysonxOC. Prequel to Titans. Ellie Bishop, the daughter of Bruce Wayne has been gone from Gotham for five years, and in com...
3.4K 74 20
⚠︎ Trigger Warning ⚠︎ Book contains mentions of abuse and suicide. • • • "You know I love you, right?" "Then show me." •-✽-✽-✽-• Paige Montgomery, th...
103K 3.7K 17
"Don't you know who they are?" "No, should I?" "They're the Wayne boys, kind of odd, but so hot." ◇□◇□◇□◇□◇□◇□◇□◇□◇□◇ Jason and Richard (Dick) Wayn...
3.6K 142 19
"Love takes off masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within, Dick." Book 2 of my series of Dc Titans. Jane GreenXDick G...