Broken (SasuNaru / NaruSasu)

By The_one_with_no_name

Status: Completed They met when they were seven. It was a fated meeting. Friendship grew to attraction and a... More

Announcement!
Prologue
1. Konoha High School
2. Spark
3. Knight in Shining Armor
4. Döppleganger
5. Mixed Signals
6. The Culprit
7. The Breaking Point
8. The Kindest Heart
9. Heartbeats
10. Love, Jealousy and Deception
11. The Unspeakable
Small Announcement
12. A Healing Journey Begins
13. Remorse, Redemption and Reconciliation
14. Reunion
15. Dates
16. Love Is An Explosion
Book Cover
Covid-19 Outbreak
17. Home
18. Be My Valentine
19. Namikaze Sora
20. "Papa" vs "Fuck"
21. Withering Dreams
23. Trouble In Paradise
24. Loneliness
25. Help
26. Family Matters
27. Misfits
28. Broken Heart, Broken Mind
29. Jealousy
30. Unbreakable Bond
31. Invisible Pain
32. Giving Him Up
33. Girlfriends and Best Friends
34. The Pendant.
35. The Third Wheel
36. The Secret
37. Longing
38. Selflessness
39. The Future
40. The Ramen That Changed Everything
41. Unexpected Turn
42. Miracles
Wattpad Rant
43. Parenting 101
44. Torture
45. Inseparable
46. The Five Stages of Grief
47. Love and Loss
48. Together Forever
Thanks
10K Special Announcement

22. Hope

1.3K 56 55
By The_one_with_no_name

Naruto wondered why the man stared at him in such a manner. All he wanted was to meet a friend, his day was bad as it is.
"I'm here to meet someone, if you'll-..."

"No you're not. The likes of you have no place here. Certainly no friend of yours is in our esteemed establishment"

"You can't deny me entry that's discrimination" Naruto brought Sasuke here last time, they certainly didn't seem to mind so where was this coming from?

"Naruto, my boy" Naruto's eyes traveled to his grandfather's. "What are you doing here? Sora-chan!! Long time no see" he gave himself the freedom of holding the baby.

Sora didn't mind, he knew the man and his father was beside him so it was alright.
"I'm just here to see my friend, but apparently the likes of me are not allowed here"

The waiter had always found Ogata-san a bit 'tasteless' when it came to company. If it were up to him he'd never allow him to set foot in the place. But the man had connections; powerful connections indeed.
"Of course my grandsons are allowed here" he glared at the man "or do we have a problem?" His tone changed

The waiter looked at the two boys.
"I did not know they were your grandsons Ogata-sama. Forgive me" he gestured with his hands "right this way sir"

"Come on Naruto" his grandfather walked inside with his baby, the latter was extending arms for Naruto and calling for him.

"Jiji, I'll wait for Sai outside." He refused to endorse an establishment that treated people as such. He took Sora back and texted Sai.

The pale tall boy walked out. He saw the waiter apologizing profusely.
"What happened here? Naruto don't give him such a hard time" Sai jumped on the wagon.

His friend was Hino Sai, the waiter was in big trouble now. Not only was he the grandson of one of the most famous authors in the world but his friend was the painter that everyone talked about.

"Sai, let's get out of here. I'm not giving him a hard time. He's only apologizing because he now knows my stupid status. When he was ignorant of that he had no problem telling me there was no place for my type and certainly no friend of mine could be here. I'm not going to spend any money here, I just want to leave. So can we leave already?"

"I'll get my stuff" Sai walked back inside. Naruto had a point. If it were him he'd have the same exact reaction. But he had always had privileges. so he didn't know what being discriminated against was like.

They walked together. "Did your mom adopt another son?"

"Ah right...you never met Sora before...he's my son"

If the boy could display emotion he'd be shocked. "Who'd you fuck and when?"

That was just the thing to expect from Sai. Emotionally and socially disconnected.
"No one you know...Sora-chan was born last march" Naruto declared proudly and kissed his baby boy. "He came too early"

"Just like you and that's how you ended up with a son"

"I don't miss you at all" Naruto walked into another café with his friend.

"So how did it go with Utakata-san?"

"Awful...he stereotyped me and then basically said no one would want to work with me again..."

"But you told me you were dying sick...did you tell him that?"

"Ha...but he didn't believe me, 'ttebayo?"

"Was it just your anxiety? You said you were anxious about it."

"Just forget it, Sai" he played wih the green straw in his smoothie. "How's everything going with you?"

The weird teen shrugged "how do people reply to that kind of questions?"

"How have you lived all your life?"

"Locked in a room, painting"

Naruto felt his skin crawl at that answer. "Are things going good or bad?"

"But it's all about perspec-.."

"Never mind" the blonde sighed. "I wanted to thank you for the opportunity"

"You have...like 10 times already" Sai drank his tea "I said consider it even if you make me a painting. I don't see you holding one"

"You can come with me home and take it. I finished it a while ago. But I have to go to the doctor first"

"I can come with" Sai said in a monotone.

"But-..."

"Fine" he finished his cup. Naruto left his glass half full. He paid up and left.

Whilst walking, he noticed Sai walking behind him. Knowing the man was following him he stopped "you can come with..." He sighed and walked with him.

Sai walked silently, looking around and making rough sketches here and there.

He walked into an office, noting how it was a cardiologist. He sat down in the waiting room.
"You mind keeping an eye on Sora till I'm back?"

Sai just nodded and held the baby. He was all quiet until Naruto walked out of sight, he started crying and when he opened the door he found Sai holding his son.
"This thing is broken"

Naruto sighed and told Sai to come inside. He gave him Sora. "He won't cry now" he removed his sweatshirt and sat down.

Sai remembered the first time he saw Naruto. How much muscles he had, all of that was gone. His body was still partially defined but even that seemed to be slowly disappearing.

"Naruto-kun, how are we doing?" The doctor walked in.

"Better now...I may have overworked myself couple of days ago." He informed her.

"No chest pain?"

"Some...this morning" he blushed. "I got a bit too excited"

"How long did it last?"

"A minute or two. It wasn't bad"

"Okay take a deep breath in for me"

She finished checking on him, his heart sounded better last week. "Can you tell me about what happened a few days ago?"

"Ah..." He looked at Sai he was just busy with Sora. "I had a long day and I collapsed. Fever and tiredness, I couldn't stay awake more than couple of minutes at a time"

She noted everything down, "no chest pain, nausea or any other symptom?"

"Maybe some difficulty breathing? Night sweats definitely. I lost some weight too."

"Then it could be an infection...we're going to do some blood tests just to make sure" she smiled at him "don't worry, whatever it is we'll get it under control"

"Thank you Rin-san" he smiled as she ruffled his hair "you think-..." He stopped uncomfortable of talking about it in front of Sai.

"What is it?" She walked back to him. cleaned the crook of his arm. He pointed at his medical wristband, the words 'heart transplant' "oh...I don't know Naruto-kun. It's too early to tell" she took the blood and he put pressure on it.

"Okay, I was just wondering-..." He looked at his son, he was tired again. He hadn't even done much. "Rin-san..." The words that followed were slurred, incomprehensible.

"Naruto-kun, are you feeling alright now?" She placed hand on his forehead. "Okay lay down for me" she helped him lay down, he wasn't responsive. When his muscles tensed up she knew he was having a seizure.

She couldn't do much but wait for it to pass. Sora was crying so she told Sai to leave the room, calling an ambulance. He does have an infection and whatever it is has found itself a perfect host with a weak heart.
"Naruto?" She snapped her fingers, his eyes looking around becoming more responsive. "Welcome back"

"Sora-chan.." Naruto called weakly, he couldn't see him, he could hear him cry.

"Naruto, you're going to the hospital. I'm going to call your mom to come pick up Sora okay?"

"I'm sorry" he cried.

"It's not your fault, just relax okay?" She helped the paramedics move him on the stretcher and walked out "Male sixteen, severe unclassified cardiomyopathy, fever, chills, difficulty breathing, fatigue and he just experienced a seizure. I'm suspecting endocarditis, have them do a blood test as soon as he gets to the hospital." She ordered handing them the blood vials and they walked away with him.

She walked back inside, the sound of Sora crying filled the place. Sai did not know the first thing about humans let alone a human child. Rin called Naruto's mom.

Sai understood then what happened a few days ago. Just now he also was just fine and out of nowhere collapsed. He heard everything that was said but he wasn't known for having the best expressive face or features. He was slightly annoyed by the continuous cries of the baby.

He stopped after an hour, realizing his father wasn't going to come. He did not like it.
Kushina was far and whilst she drove to the hospital, Tsunade went to pick up the baby.

"Sora-chan" she saw the tiny baby in his orange outfit and he just held on to Sai. He did not know Tsunade much.

Sai was confused, an hour ago the kid did not want to be anywhere near him or anyone else. Now he was clinging to him like his life depended on it.
She managed to get his grip off Sai and then it was hell.
"Naruto left him with you?" Tsunade asked, a vein popping in her head "just come along. Once he sees Naruto he'll let me hold him" she still felt bitter about what happened between them.

Sai didn't argue, it was all new experiences for him. He can paint about these 'human feelings'.

'Naruto-kun's really sick Utakata. He wasn't lying.'

'You can believe him, doesn't mean I will.'

'I just saw him have a seizure and get taken to the hospital. He was fine too. Look, all I'm saying is give him a second chance. He's not half as bad as you think he is.'

'I want to see him for myself and then I might consider it.'

Utakata had never heard Sai defend anyone his entire life. So reading the text that Naruto wasn't half as bad as he thought of him came as a bit of a shock.

🍥🍙🍥🍙🍥

Naruto laid in the hospital bed, he had some tests done. Sasuke would definitely be mad at him, he was mad at himself.

He turned around when he heard the door.
"Baa-chan," he uttered in a half shocked tone, behind her was Sai holding Sora. The latter started crying when he saw his dad. "Sora-chan" he sat up and held him in his arms. "Thank you, Sai"

"The thing didn't want to let go...told you it's broken"

"That is inconsiderate of you" he pouted holding his son closer.

"Yes it is...it kept crying even though I asked it very nicely to stop"

"I meant you-...you know what forget it" he sighed. Naruto didn't have the strength to argue with him, he was a lost cause.

He asked his grandmother for a few things from Sora's bag. Then he fed his baby. He was doing that when Utakata-san walked in.

Naruto stopped, spoon halfway to a very hungry Sora who felt teased. Naruto's eyes moved to Sai who was too focused on drawing him feeding his child.
"Can I have some privacy with Namikaze-san?" His grandmother nodded, whilst Sai had already just walked out.

"Sai told you I was here"

"I don't like when people talk on behalf of others. He said you were in the hospital and I said I'd come visit"

"Thank you for your concern, I apologize for taking from your time again" Naruto resumed feeding his son.

"I may have misjudged you" Utakata found it hard to admit.

"What made you change your mind?"

"Sai never told me someone wasn't half as bad as I thought of them. He is different but he is a very good judge of character."

Naruto had thought of Sai as a friend, no matter how weird he was but he had never thought the boy capable of expressing care even in the slightest form.
"How long is your hospital stay?"

"A week they said but they might extend it."

"If it doesn't trouble you we can have it right here."

"Have what?" Naruto asked puzzled

"The meeting. Tomorrow around eleven. That's your only second chance." He got up not taking a yes or no and just left.

"Sora-chan what just happened?" He was gobsmacked.

🍙🍥🍙🍥🍙

Sasuke tried to reach his boyfriend on lunch break, but the phone was off. He sighed not liking that he hadn't left him a text.

He awaited until classes ended and he tried to reach him yet again, this time calling Sakura right away, knowing she would be home.
"Is Naruto home?"

"Hospital, he had a seizure at the doctor's office." Sakura informed "we were just heading there."

"Just send me the address, we'll meet up" he hung up right after and received a text from her right after.

Sasuke took a cab straight to the hospital and asked about Naruto going to his room. He saw him asleep in bed, Sora tapping him helplessly wanting to play.

He knocked and walked in, Sora smiled and reached for his second favourite person.
"Papa's sick again, Sora-chan" he kissed his forehead and kept him close.

He saw Sai in the corner drawing and Naruto's grandmother too. He hadn't seen the woman since that faithful day. He said nothing to her and held Naruto's hand kissing it.

The blond reacted to that touch and opened his eyes.
"Teme-..." He frowned "don't be angry at me, I promise I was careful"

"I believe you" he reassured him and sat on the edge of the bed caressing Naruto's cheek, he leaned in and kissed him softly on the lips. "You'll be all better soon"

"Mhm" Naruto nodded despite knowing he was getting worse. He wanted to keep holding on to that hope. "Sasuke, you should go home. You can't sacrifice your grades"

"You're more important, Usuratonkachi" he stated the obvious. "I can catch up okay? Besides, Sora won't allow anyone else to handle him."

"He has to get used to it though" Naruto saw the pouty lips of his son who was not happy with the lack of attention from his Papa.

He was smiling at his baby until he felt the pain in his chest, he sat up immediately holding it. Sasuke clicked the button to get a nurse and held his boyfriend's hand. The blond's breathing shallowed, his teeth gritting to stop himself from grunting in pain.

The nurse had gotten there and checked on him upping his painkillers just by a little bit to ease his pain.
"Sasuke, please take him home. I don't want him to see me like this" Naruto could see the tiny hands reaching for him from the corner of his eyes. Then his small voice started calling for 'papa'.

"Papa will be alright, Sora-chan. Let's say goodnight ok?" Sasuke kissed the baby's cheek comfortingly. "Give papa a kiss" he held him close and Sora did so wanting a hug too.

"I love you, Sora-chan" Naruto small smiled patting his son on the head and kissing his forehead. He was feeling heavy as the painkillers were taking effect. He mumbled "I love you, Sasuke" before he fell asleep.

"I love you too, Usuratonkachi" he kissed his boyfriend on the cheek and picked up his son. He didn't know when he started thinking of Sora as his own son as well but he just couldn't think of life without his tiny cute Usuratonkachi.

Sasuke acted like he was fine in front of Naruto knowing the latter needed some optimism and support. He heard heels clicking behind him and soon a large breasted woman was in front of him crossing her arms.

"What do you want?" Sasuke's tone was venomous.

"My grandson, Sora" she replied "I'm not letting you take him. You're not anything to him and I'll be damned if-..."

"Screw you. He doesn't even know you" Sasuke also noted how his baby was holding him afraid of the woman.

"Listen you little Faggot! You might have gotten Naruto on your sick little side but I won't let you ruin my grandson" she attempted to take him away. .

Sasuke heard Sora whimper but he just swatted the woman's hands. "Don't touch my son. And don't call him your grandson if you are willing to forget about Naruto." He stared down at her "I don't get people like you. There are some I could forgive but you-...you are just irredeemable."

He walked away with his son, hoping his harsh words may have served as a rude awakening to the woman. He knew Naruto cared for his grandmother so much. Family could sure be stupid.

He went to his brother's as he had all of Sora's stuff with him. He smiled seeing his brother with his boyfriend, though in all honesty he thought his brother could do better. Kakashi was eccentric to say it nicely and was known as a closet pervert all over school. But the idiot made his brother happy.

"Sasuke, you're home for once." Itachi saw the cutie without his father, a rare sight to behold. "Where's Naruto?"

"In the hospital," he sighed "he's fighting off an infection. Sora is going to stay with us if you don't mind"

"I never mind a cute company" he smiled "isn't that right Sora-chan"

The baby looked at Sasuke then back at the adult a clear confusion on his face. They looked oddly alike with a little bit of differences here and there. It wasn't the first time he saw the other Uchiha but he always had that reaction whenever he met them.

"Little Usuratonkachi" Sasuke chuckled finding it cute, Sora decided to reach his hands to Itachi. He had always done that, get confused between him and Sasuke and then later choose Itachi. Specially that now with Sasuke growing his hair out they looked more alike.

Itachi looked after Sora with Kakashi teasing him here and there saying how they should get a baby too as if they were talking about puppies.

Sasuke went off to his room and started on his homework. He had a shit ton to deliver by Monday. So he was thankful there was someone to keep an eye on Sora without him protesting.

🍥🍙🍥🍙🍥

Utakata walked in the hospital room in the morning, following him was Tenshi Konan just like the first time. He had managed to convince her to give the kid a second chance. Seeing him bedridden proved neither Utakata nor Sai lied about his state.

"Namikaze-san?" The exhibit director couldn't help but notice the teen looked a lot worse than yesterday.

"You can wait or you can go. He's not awake more than few minutes here and there" Sai spoke coming in with another cup of coffee, he had stayed the entire night there.

"What happened?" He inquired.

"Not sure, they're doing tests." Sai sat down and sipped his coffee.

"Is he dying?" Konan broke the silence, the kid looked frail, a scar on his chest. A few bruises and marks, he was pale with dark circles around his eyes.

"I don't know. He needs a heart, that is essential to live...." He stopped, put the pencil in his mouth for a second "we're all dying though. At any rate someone completely healthy can die" he snapped his finger "just like that"

"You know what she meant Sai" Utakata sighed.

"Special people always die too young. The world is poison to them, they die before they are tarnished with the impurities of it. It's sad that they suffer before they are gone"

"What do you mean by special?" He hated when Sai gets philosophical.

"Kind hearts.. like my brother Shin" one silent rogue tear crashed on his sketchbook.

"Does Naruto remind you of Shin?" He wondered.

"Naruto is Naruto and Shin is Shin" the pale male replied ambiguously.

He looked at his finished pencil and black pen sketch of Naruto.
"I like drawing him. Maybe I'll ask him to model for me when he is better" Sai smiled, or attempted to smile.

Utakata had never seen Sai make effort to genuinely smile. He always had this plastered look on his face. Was Naruto that much like Shin?

Naruto opened his heavy eyes seeing two blurred figures in front of him.
"Namikaze-san," Utakata forced a smile "we'll come back some other time."

"I'm okay.." Naruto mumbled recognizing the voice "we can do it." He clicked a button to adjust the bed to a sitting position.

They tried to keep the meeting short and came up with an agreement for Naruto. He thanked them for their time and slowly turned to his side facing Sai.

"You're still here" he small smiled. "Did you stay the night?"

"My friend needed me" he kept his eyes fixed on his sketchbook.

"Thank you, Sai." He smiled and closed his eyes promptly falling asleep again.

A/N:

Alright! Thank you for reading. I apologize for being an hour late but we had an urgent broadcast.

Thank you for tuning in! I hope it is to your liking! Drop down ideas in the comment section and I'll make one-shots!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

122K 2.7K 23
A story about Uchiha Sasuke and Haruno Sakura's travel around the world. After more than two years of traveling for self redemption Uchiha Sasuke...
9.1K 173 26
Naruto finds himself lost after The War. He defeated Madara and yet; he doesn't feel accomplished In the slightest. Sakura finally got engaged with...
482K 10.7K 22
Sasuke Uchiha was a popular ninja in the Academy, but what if he didn't get the girl that he fell in love with? I removed some parts because it...
180K 6.1K 28
The war was over and everything in the village was settling down, Naruto on the other hand was still facing some problems and he would turn to someon...