Conglomerate Clan • Seulmin

Od dksdks

They were born with golden spoon, they grew inside diamond cage, they lived a life that was written by other... Viac

Prologue - Jimin
Prologue - Seulgi
Chapter 1 - Ideal
Chapter 2 - Smile
Chapter 3 - Blind Date
Chapter 4 - Auction
Chapter 5 - Faith
Chapter 6 - Inauguration
Chapter 7 - Moment
Chapter 8 - S & M's Wedding
Chapter 9 - Threat
Chapter 10 - An Embrace
Chapter 11 - Promise
Chapter 12 - Storm
Chapter 13 - Busan
Chapter 14 - Ex
Chapter 15 - Vixen
Chapter 16 - Journal
Chapter 17 - Buzz
Chapter 18 - Bomb
Chapter 19 - Anger
Chapter 20 - Decision
Chapter 21 - Expensive
Chapter 22 - One
Chapter 23 - Nightmare
Chapter 25 - Over
Chapter 26 - Luck
Chapter 27 - Fight
Chapter 28 - Plea
Chapter 29 - Jealousy
Chapter 30 - A Talk
Chapter 31 - Husband & Wife
Chapter 32 - Farewell
Chapter 33 - Forgiveness
Epilogue - Kingdom Come

Chapter 24 - Confession

644 50 5
Od dksdks

Cameras and recorders are on hands. Elbows and arms are up and ready to deceive and push one another as everybody enters one of the TripleSeven Hotel's meeting room. Reporters rush and compete to claim five black seats on the very front row and get the best spot for an exclusive press conference by Park Jimin. This morning, an official statement regarding his wedding with Seulgi had been made and published through a press release. The frenzy began just one second after the article was put in internet by one of the biggest and most trusted media outlet in Korea. Everybody already predicted about it but still somehow it was such a big shocking and surprising news. The talk went around and traveled to every ears, spreading and flaring up. Right now, the whole nation is going crazy about their marriage without knowing that it's just a part of plan to cover up a bigger scandal.

It's exactly 9 o'clock and the door on the left side is opened. Then there, Park Jimin enters the meeting room and in no time cameras start blindly blitzing him. He has his poker face on yet looks gorgeously charming in his office attire. Light grey plaid suit and black tie, he is undoubtedly handsome. Behind, his grandma also walks in and immediately gets everybody's attention. No one expects her presence but is glad to see her here. Each one of them stand up and bow to greet her. She nods and slightly smiles to them before she asks them to take a seat. Once everybody sits, no one says a thing, no one makes a noise. Everybody politely waits for a commencement of the press conference.

"Good morning, firstly, I want to convey my gratitude for everybody who is willing to gather here and attend the press conference" Jimin speaks formally.

Truthfully, it's scripted. Of course, there is no way Jimin would like to talk kindly to reporters. He hates them so much. However, for the sake of the plan, he needs to do his best and play his role. He is not an actor but he guesses he is quiet good in acting as no one notices it. He smiles a little then he continues to announce and confirm the already known news.

"As all of you know, earlier, there was an article release about my wedding with Ms. Kang Seulgi---" Jimin pauses and takes a breath before he finally spills everything "---yes, that's true, next month, I will tie the knot with her" He ends it there and instantly an explosion of questions happen here and there.

"When will it be held? Where will it be take place?"

"How did you get to know Ms. Kang? Since when did you two get close?"

"When did the engagement happen?"

"Is it an arranged marriage?"

"Can you give us some detail about the wedding?"

Jimin says nothing. He stays silent. He forces himself to fake a smile and turns his face to his grandma. He has it enough, he doesn't want to deal with these meddlesome reporters anymore, so he just seeks help from his grandma. Beside, grandma fully understand a signal that his grandson sends. She takes over the microphone and firstly greets the media. She gives a short speech before she answers some of their questions casually. She believes his grandson wants bare minimum information to be shared. Everything needs to be kept as possible for privacy reason.

"The wedding will be held next month privately, we really are sorry, this is the only detail that we can give, thank you for your understanding"

That's all, grandma says everything she needs to say. She stands up from her seat and bows slightly before she proceeds to leave the room with Jimin quietly follows her behind. Everyone is not giving up yet, they keep shouting and yelling their questions. They hope and beg for more detail and information, but till the door is closed and separating them with the conglomerates, they get none. It looks like they need to be full and satisfied with the crumbs.

***

It's tiring and suffocating to put on a mask and pretend to be a friend with media. Jimin rolls his eyes over and over again as he makes his way back to his office. He walks fast and once he reaches his office, he takes off his mask. He slams the door then immediately approaches his executive office chair and slumps there. He closes his eyes and curses a little because he feels annoyed with those reporters. He still wonders why they are so curious and interested in his private life. Why can't they mind their own business?

Jimin's mood is ruined. It totally sucks. He takes a deep breath as he tries to control his mind, no, he will never let this turn into a bad day. Thereupon, he grabs his phone in flash and dials Seulgi's number. She is the one who is able to light up his day with only her voice alone. One ring, two rings, she finally answers, sounding nice and sweet. It brings smile to his face which then turns into a chuckle when she tells him that Seola was searching and seeking for him this early morning. To be honest, it's just cute and heartwarming.

"Looks like Seola is missing me" Jimin speaks between his giggle.

"Yes, but it's not only her, here, me too"

Seulgi confesses and it just goes smoothly. She is more than comfortable with him now as it feels so natural to say affectionate things like that. She doesn't remember when the first time it turns this way, but all she knows that all of sudden everything simply has changed. She becomes closer with him and without realization, she is not awkward or shy or embarrassed to speak and to hear romantic avowal anymore. He is her comfort zone.

"Oh, then, why don't you come here, baby? It sounds like a good idea to me" Jimin challenges her.

"I'd love to---" Seulgi pauses as she fans herself. It's only a word 'baby' but it successfully makes her blushes as Jimin rarely delivers such an endearment. In the end, she secretly exhales to calm down and continues "---but unfortunately I have to look after Seola, Joohyun eonnie still needs some rest---" She halts as she thinks about the press conference and decides to ask him "---How was the press conference? It went well, right? Did you do a good job?" She cares.

"It went well, I did a good job, but it was annoying" Jimin whines.

Seulgi hears it and eventually it makes her giggles. She imagines how Jimin is all pouty and sullen right now, so adorable. Thereafter, for the next five minutes, she listens to him talking about the crossing line questions and sulking about literally everything. She fully understands he had it hard as she knows how much he doesn't like reporters. Truly, she appreciates his effort and he really deserves a compliment.

"Jimin-ah, good job, I'm proud of you"

This is what Jimin needs the most. A combination of his fiancé's gentle voice and her simple yet comforting praise. It lights up his day and he is so grateful. He smiles widely and chuckles softly before he thanks her for turning his mood good. He talks with her until Sohye, his secretary, comes in to his office, about to read and inform his next schedule. Sadly, he has to end the phone call with her and get back to work. Therefore, he puts his phone on his desk and sits straight, ready to hear his busy day.

"The next schedule is a meeting with all board of directors and shareholders and will begin in twenty minutes, Mrs. Park will be present" Sohye delivers it and catches her boss raising his eyebrow, looking attractive.

"And, the agenda?" Jimin is curious as it is so suddenly.

"Removal of chairman of the board and election of new chairman of the board" Sohye informs.

Surprise. For a few second, Jimin just stares and wonders why as his grandma never mentions about it beforehand. He unconsciously furrows his brows then it fades slowly as realization strikes him. Most probably it's a consequence for all the scandalous things that his father has done. Honestly, it's a super harsh slap for his father but he agrees with his grandma. This is what his father deserves. One more step, he is about to dethrone his father and send his stepmother back to where she belongs.

***

This is a total disaster. It's still morning but Hyorin already empties one bottle of vodka. She is not in her right mind as bad news keeps coming one after another. She wants to erase everything but getting drunk is not enough to make her amnesia. Earlier, when she watched a live broadcast of his stepson press conference, she was about to faint. Her heart skipped a beat and the next second it started beating really fast. She was in panic but she knew she could do nothing. She tried to calm down, but failed miserably once she got a call from one of her husband's person, telling her about the removal of her husband from his current position. There, her heart stopped and her world crumbled. She was at the edge of a cliff and the downfall could happen anytime soon.

There is no point of return. Hyorin knows, it's a consequence that she and her husband need to pay, but truthfully speaking, there is no way she is willing to give up and lose everything, all at once. Too bad, it's out of her reach. This morning, after she got the information about her husband's removal, she immediately called him as she wanted and needed to hear it directly from him. It took short before he finally picked up. Instantly, she threw question to him which he answered right away. He told her to calm down then he spoke up about the issue. Yes, it was right. His mother really punished him with no mercy. He was disgracefully asked to leave his position and retire from his job. Her tone was sharp and her voice was extremely stern. She ordered him to come to clear up his office and say his farewell to the staffs and directors. It felt terrible when Hyorin heard his explanation. Her mother in law was truly heartless, she left them without a choice, she gave them zero chance. End game.

***

Board of directors and shareholders leave the meeting room right after grandma Park walks out the door. Since it's a very rare occasion, everyone of them contends o be the first one to greet and talk to her personally. While everybody is busy to catch up with her, inside the meeting room, the two most favorite grandsons of her sit together in silent. Seojoon and Jimin are alone and they say nothing as they stare at each other.

"This is crazy" Finally, Seojoon speaks up.

Yesterday, Seojoon's father called and asked him to attend company's meeting on behalf of him and without any doubt he said yes as he often became his father's representative. At first, he really had no idea about the agenda but then, this morning his secretary told him it would be a removal of chairman of the board and election of the new one. She even added that he along with his cousin, Jimin, would be top candidates for the new chairman. That was surprising and shocking to the point where his mind turned blank. He was aware it would happen but never thought it was this fast. Seriously, it was far from what he already expected. Anyway, he only could hope it would end up as what he wanted and thankfully, it really became a reality.

"Congratulation, Mr. Chairman"

A smile appears on his face as he gets a pat on his shoulder. Jimin is beyond happy when he sees a glint of proudness on Seojoon's eyes when his hyung says those congratulatory words. There is no sign of disappointment or sadness, just pure joyful and delighted one. As a big brother, Seojoon believes and trusts his younger cousin. He knows how good Jimin is in his job and he sees a lot of energy and potential inside him. Surely, Jimin will lead the company to a brighter future.

"Thank you, hyung, but---" Jimin hesitates for second but in the end he decides to ask "---don't you want this position as well?" Right after that question falls, there is a halt.

Jimin just waits as he keeps his eyes on his older cousin. Honestly, he worries about Seojoon's feeling a lot. As everyone knows, Seojoon is much older, more experienced and more eligible as he is a senior manager at TripleSeven Hotel for years. Also, there is only a slight difference with the result of election. One vote gap. He is scared that it is probably going to hurt Seojoon's pride and upset him. The worst scenario, it possibly distances him from Seojoon and he never wants it to happen.

"Is that a question? Oh, come on---" Seojoon playfully rolls his eyes "---just listen, you need to know one thing, that one vote gap is from me, I vote for you, silly" He says it all dramatically as he pokes and squishes Jimin's mochi cheek.

"Huh? Really? Why? I thought you aim to be a chairman" It's surprisingly out of Jimin's expectation.

"You're not wrong though, I do want to be a chairman---" Seojoon says and immediately sees Jimin's eyes turn round. Cute, Jimin is adorable in his eyes "---yah, kid, calm down---" He chuckles and decides to stop teasing Jimin "---though it's still a secret, but I will tell you, actually, I'm planning to open my own business, a low-budget hotels and villas, that's why you need to be the one who inherit and help grandma because I'm going to be busy building my own empire" He explains and in the end gives Jimin a wink.

"Huh?" Jimin is dumbfounded.

"Why?" Seojoon asks.

"Seriously?" Jimin still doubts it.

"Oh my God, I'm so serious, I'm going to speak to grandma next year when my everything is well settled---" Seojoon convinces Jimin "---but, for now, you have to keep it a secret, don't you dare to tell her, okay?" He adds, a little bit threatening his cousin.

"Wow, I'm speechless" Jimin is impressed by Seojoon's big picture.

Seojoon just smiles sweetly at Jimin as he proudly boasts about the progress of his business. He discusses it as in between he asks about the preparation of Jimin's wedding. There, the two brothers forget about place and time until their secretaries find them there and inform their next schedule. Halfheartedly, they both stand up from their seat and frown as they childishly wave at each other. Thereafter, they walk out of the meeting room and before they separate way, Seojoon taps Jimin's shoulder as he smiles and sincerely speaks.

"You will do well, trust me"

***

Here and there, staffs or higher ups, everybody congratulates Jimin as he makes his way to his office. He bets from bottom to top, everyone who is inside this office, everybody knows about it already, even though it's not official yet. It spreads faster than the wind. He just shrugs and he continues to walk. Behind him, Sohye follows and she really is anxious as she has something to tell but people keep coming, praising and congratulating her boss. She then sees her boss takes out his phone and it looks like he is about to call his beloved fiancé. She immediately rushes and aligns with him.

"Mr. Park, I'm sorry, but your father is waiting for you in your office" Sohye says it fast but Jimin catches it as he recalls to dial Seulgi's number.

"What?"

Jimin doesn't really intend to know the answer. It's just an expression of surprise. He returns to his office without waiting, wanting to find out what will his father say. A minute later, he already enters his office and sees his father there, standing in front of Seulgi's one million dollar painting from the auction and staring closely. Looks like his father is aware of his presence but ignores him purposely. Therefore, he just approaches and stands beside his father, putting both of his hands inside his pocket as saying nothing. It feels awkward already.

"It's a relief that you are the one who win the election---" His father starts yet Jimin still stays silent.

"---I was worried Seojoon would take it from us---" His father continues as finally faces him. Jimin just keeps his face straight even though it's annoying to hear something like that.

"---Jimin, I already have plenty of future plans for the development of our corporation and about Seulgi's family business---"

It's crossing the line. That is disgusting. Jimin fails to hold back. His palm is up in the air as it gives his father a sign to shut up. He has it enough. He knows it very well where this conversation heads to and he is not willing to hear it any further. It's so obvious that his father tries to turn him into his puppet but of course it's never going to happen. As a son, he is embarrassed to have a father like him. A sigh leaves his lips and his face shows disappointment. He is so done.

"Father, don't get me wrong---" Jimin pauses as he meets his father's eyes. He makes it clear that he speaks no bullshit and is more than serious with his words "---you're never in my list---" He sounds cold then continues as he watches his father's face slowly becomes dark "---honestly speaking, I never even once consider you as an ally---" He halts and witnesses how furious his father is right now "---father, it's over, I'm going to take everything from you" He ends it there. Bold and sharp.

Junjin petrifies. He clenches his fist until his knuckles turn pale. He is in an extreme anger and he has no intention to hold back. He resentfully points his finger at Jimin and uncontrollably curses, screaming how he is such a brat. Ungracious and ungrateful. He keeps shouting but there, his son just stands and nonchalantly listens to his rage. This is too much to take in. His blood boils and his madness already reaches his head. In the end, he harshly grabs his son's collar and yells.

"Insolent bastard! You are able to achieve these things, it's all because of me! You know what, you should be on your knees right now, thanking me for all my sacrifices and kindness, not disregarding it like this!" Junjin blindly shouts.

"Enough!" Jimin raises his voice. His heart beats fast as his anger starts ruling him. This is sick. He is so fed up with his father's shamelessness.

"Listen, I'm able to achieve all of these things, it's because of my own effort" Jimin speaks as he intimidatingly grabs his father's collar back "You---" Initially, his tone is bold but suddenly chokes up as he thinks about words that he wants to say. He nearly loses himself but he collects his sense together and continues "---you, you have never been a part of my life, never even tried or made some effort to, therefore, I have no single responsibility to thank you" He tightens up his grip and gazes into his father's eyes.

"Years ago, you chose that woman, completely closed your eyes and ears when my mother got killed, you heartless bastard abandoned and ditched me from your life for your wife and your new son, for once, have you ever imagined how hard it is for me? I bet, never---" Jimin already has tears on his eyes, threatening to fall and break his defense. Miserable.

"---you really leave a deep scar, no remedy"

Jimin is only able to deliver it in whisper as his voice begins to crack. It's a long unspoken feeling, an honest confession. He never plans to open up like this but everything just flows out. He is a little bit ashamed and regretful as he shows his naked feeling and his plain emotional side infront of his father, but it's alright. Then, on the other hand, it's just shocking. Junjin is speechless, to hear and to witness everything, it's overwhelming. It's true that he has no affection for Jimin and he never cares about him, but now he questions himself. Is it really true? Then, what is this feeling? Why it is so hurtful to see his son like that? Eventually, he figures out everything through his son's final words.

"Father, I'm broken forever"

It hurts to hear that. His heart breaks and shatters. Finally, after years have passed, Junjin realizes that after all, in all conscience he is still a father who loves his son. Too bad, it's too late now.

***

I hope you enjoy this chapter. Thank you for all your support and love for this story :) 

Pokračovať v čítaní

You'll Also Like

72.1K 2.7K 23
A story in which Seulgi is betrayed by every man in her life until she meets Jimin. That is until the cycle repeats... Side Pairing: WenGa, little Vr...
44K 3K 20
❝ be careful who you trust, the devil once was an angel. ❞
19.6K 648 25
jungri with seulmin, vrene, joyhope and wenjoon side stores {mature for kissing scenes but nothing more}
33.5K 1.6K 21
Read to find out how the school's president Park Jimin tamed the Rebel Queen, Kang Seulgi.